Your Name

Can we take a moment to appreciate this masterpiece of a film?

Amazing visuals, story, and characters.
I loved how we are never told too much about how and why it's happening and are left in a cloud of mystery and confusion.

10/10, would watch again.

Attached: yourName.jpg (1024x768, 159K)

No

Attached: FB_IMG_1549552193664.jpg (540x960, 32K)

Shame the usual contrarians came in to shitfling about how it was "overrated" or that "Shinkai is a hack".
10/10 film for me, beautifully made, I can't think of any ways to improve it.

>tfw will never wake up as qt grill

>tfw you will never be a handsome Tokyo boy

Attached: kaguya_disappointed.png (1920x1080, 789K)

5 Centimetres Per Second was a masterpiece.

Your Name was pretty good.

>5 Centimetres Per Second was a masterpiece.
What's that about?

What's your favourite track from the OST?
Mine is Sparkle, it makes me feel. It's got a bit of post-rock influence too which I'm in love with.

Okay flick, but not among the greats of the decade and certainly not a masterpiece.

>but not among the greats
which would be...?

>literally a 7/10

The same thing as Your Name but without the happy ending and a much stronger sense of pathos.

All Shinkai's movies have basically the same themes.

Damn, I thought Your Name's ending was a bit sad, as we never get to know what happens next.
Glad there's another film similar. Hopefully, it will fill the "Your Name" shaped void in my heart.

I wish I was Makoto Shinkai.

who hype for next shinkai's masterpiece?

It's commercial tat

I seriously thought it was a good movie. Like an 8/10. Not a masterpiece though and I’m not a contrarian, fuck off.

Top 10, no particular order

Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
Giovanni no Shima
Kono Sekai No Katasumi ni
Yoru wa Mijikashi, Arukeyo Otome
Kaze Tachinu
Short Peace
Jigen Daisuke no Bohyou
Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky
Momo e no Tegami
Penguin Highway

Yeah I also wish I was 16 again, probably would've loved that film too then

What makes it commercial tat and as opposed to what?

It's great but I'd definitely appreciate this film better if I watched this when I was still in hs

I don't know any of those so it'a bound to be kino right?

>I don't know any of those
Do you live under a rock?

I really loved it, but after hearing about how it's almost designed around emotional influence I'm not sure on my overall thoughts. On the one hand it's pretty cool they were able to do it so effectively; I was really invested and moved. On the other they may have gone a bit overboard in that aspect, and it is never really apparent but still a little exploitive of some of the methods they used to make that happen. Overall it made for a pretty emotional experience that I enjoyed and was pretty thoroughly entertained by. The mediums of storytelling were masterfully used but I don't know if I would call it a masterpiece

Shallow hollywood type summer flick that braindead retards liked.

Awful film. It relies on pretty visuals and music to come off emotionally but it totally falls flat.