In Another World With My Smartphone

I went into this show expecting to hate it but now I'm 6 episodes in and can't bring myself to even dislike it. This anime is objectively trash and yet I can't drop it. Why?

Attached: 108323.jpg (2048x2896, 1.66M)

because it's dumb fun. it's shit but it's fun shit

Sometimes a shit anime can be more entertaining than a stale well-made anime with a high production value

I think it's a real case of "Its so bad its good." Btw, have we heard of a second season yet?

Did the show sell well at all?

>a stale well-made anime with a high production value
any examples you want to share?

Because it knows it's trash and is just running with it. It also helps that it's basically 12 episodes of the side quests you've ignored all game and are now over leveled to oblivion for them.

Not a TV anime, but Garden of Words was kinda boring. Beautiful but boring.

It's fun. Consider reading the novels. Mechs get introduced later in the story.

Attached: IsekaiLNV12Color2.jpg (1199x882, 270K)

>mechs
Nani the fuck? I'm sold. How much of the LNs have been translated?

some people like to eat shit

12 out of 15

Attached: LNV11-3.jpg (1600x1177, 476K)

The girls are cute and it gives a simple but genuine amusement. No shame in it.

More than I expected. Is the LN still ongoing?

It was a good show

Attached: 1505842751027.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

>I went into this show expecting to hate it
why would you do that?

>Is the LN still ongoing
Yes. The TL is quite fast too.

Attached: 1504751158848.png (1280x720, 1M)

>I think it's a real case of "Its so bad its good."
This, basically. For all the terrible things you can say about it, Isekai Smartphone (at least the anime, haven't read the LN) never makes the mistake of taking itself even slightly seriously. It basically invites the watcher to laugh at how stupid it is and just roll with it, that's why it works. You're supposed to laugh at the show as much as you're supposed to laugh with it.

>dumb fun
Are you me from another world? Blink twice.

Attached: 1519575538131.jpg (804x2192, 620K)

Gate is shit tier though.

somewhat okayish taste

In some culture it's considered as proof of love

Attached: IMG_20190222_210637.jpg (1766x2305, 481K)

It doesn't take itself too seriously with the isekai shit and the author has no shame in turning MC into literally Jesus its silly fun at best

Re:Creators comes to mind

Attached: 1530343616414.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

If some people don't like it, it's for politicalshit reasons that has nothing to do with the show itself. The threads were cancerous.

>el goblino

The show can best be described as comfy. It's a fun comedy, but not into extreme typical wacky humour, but just fun enough for the viewer to relax and just go with the flow of the show.

>nippon steel strongest
It was bland SDFwank, fantasy world has magic yet they still bend over for muh technology

I hope we do get a second season, it was one of the most relaxing anime in recent memory. Although I wouldn't be looking forward to the constant stream of anime YouTubers taking a chance to complain about it again.

You'll deny it but I bet if the exact same anime, frame for frame, was about the army of , you wouldn't have had a problem with it.

It's fun. It crosses the gap between Isekai and slice-of-life nicely. Most of the conflict is easily resolved and it conveys a relaxing experience to the viewer.

Attached: 1535302992289.jpg (1920x1080, 166K)

I also come from an island country, doesn't mean I whack off to conquering a fantasy world with muh modern technology, GATE would be more interesting if it was knights/samurai vs fantasy romans