Why do people dislike isekai?

I've always liked the idea of being transported to another world.

Attached: 1550394210279.png (385x367, 67K)

Because it turns out people's shitty little fantasies don't make good stories.

Ok, but why does every work of fiction need a good story?

Cause they always turn into shitty harems or romance's, Log horizon is the only one that didn't turn into shit.

Western "isekai" was always unpopular.

it's a good idea at it's core but it has been so abused by hack nips that the word itself makes non retarded people want to throw up

The concept itself isn't the problem, just look at any popular isekai from 6+ years ago. The problem is how many similar tropes modern isekai have. Those that are either WN adaptations or inspired by WN adaptations.

It doesn't have to, but that doesn't mean people have to like those bad stories.

The decent Isekai that make it like Slime,Shield Hero, Overlord, etc all have some better world building and depth to its characters. It's just the shitty ones that put people off of the genre. When the art and story are so basic that it just hurts to read.

because Greed Island, a deconstruction of isekai still hasn't been topped.

it's all great potential, but the result is a sea of mediocrity in the end

There's nothing wrong with stories about being transported to another world. Those types of stories have been around forever. But the "isekai genre" tends to be more than that. The same story over and over again with video game elements, cheat skills, and harems. They're unoriginal and they're shitty.

A lot of them just pretend to in order to fit in, they probably saw a couple of people/reviewers talk shit about it using shitty template buzzword criticism, so they figured it's something they're supposed to hate. Remember the first SAO season? A pretty average anime overall, but a few memes later, it got treated by bandwagon jumpers as if it were the worst thing ever made just because they saw others doing the same thing.

Moral of the story, always ignore anyone who seemingly overrate/underrate average thing, or use braindead buzzwords like "mary sue" "self insert" "wish fulfillment", etc. No one who's ever used any of these has had anything insightful to say. Ever. It's all regurgitated memery.

most people are just haters.
any complaint they throw at isekai can be thrown at any other genre. Most seem eternally ass mad that because isekai is so popular that it became it's own genre

Narnia. Alice in Wonderland.

Are there that many people who hate if its currently one of the most popular things in anime?

This.

>the shitty ones that put people off of the genre
They're not even shitty, it's lack of research. I remember back when Isekai Maou was airing people were complaining about the fanservice not knowing it's an ecchi anime first that happens to be isekai. For things like Death March and Valkyria, it was pretty clear they were going to be cheaply made advertisements. Isekai Shokudou is made for people who are into gourmet/food/cooking, but people complained about how boring it is because they mistakenly came for dragons and fantasy thinking there'd be action. Hell, people still complain that Slime is overpowered because they thought "slimes are supposed to be the weakest monsters" and being ridiculously overpowered is one of the main gimmicks of the story.

It becomes popular

I like the idea, but hate the awful writing gone into it. There's no standards anymore.

There never were

isekai was not always shit its only recently that many are just going for SAO clone #99,543 and cash cow power fantasies that actually good isekais arent really a thing anymore

unless we're talking about that time i was reincarnated as a slime

classics like spirited away and escaflowne are also good examples of really good isekai

overlord is meh, not terrible bit 3rd season had some major flaws

When is kumo desu ga getting animated so it can save the isekai genre?

It isn't going to save jack shit with that 3DCG

and by not using manga kumo design

Could you imagine what would happen if Ixion DT aired today instead of 5 years ago before all this isekai rubbish went ballistic?

Kon was ahead of his time.

I want you to go out on the streets and find a used hypodermic needle, the gnarliest, dirtiest, most awful hypodermic needle you can find. And then I want you to lick it. Just lick it. And keep licking it.

And I want you to fuck off back to whatever plebbit-tier shithole you crawled out of and kill yourself you fucking faggot.

Keep licking. I'll tell you when to stop.

>nonono this isekai is different!
>it's not
There are like a million out there and despite some of their gimmicks they are still all the same shit.

Attached: 1541741586182.jpg (574x592, 157K)

>this isekai is different
This is a meme. If you don't like isekai, you probably won't like any of the ones that's going to get an anime. Unless maybe it's a different genre than action/adventure that you happen to like, though not a lot of those will get an adaptation.

Because it has a lot more trash that gets popular than any other genre

>a meme

It really isn't. When a subset of a genre starts becoming as derivative as isekai have become, they become a genre unto themselves. That's where we're at.

>why does every work of fiction need a good story
Because that's the entire purpose of fiction. It's like asking why a professional athlete needs to be athletic. It's like asking why food needs to taste good. The problem with those analogies is sometimes you don't have an alternative. But when it comes to fiction, there's near infinite amounts of it free at your fingertips. Why would you ever settle for something that reads like it came out of a 12 year old's diary and got published with no editing? If you want escapist wish fulfillment, you can stories that do it far better than the 100% interchangeable isekai of the season. In fact, I guarantee there are great isekai from the last decade you've never touched. The problem isn't the genre itself, but the bottom of the barrel quality that comes with being the latest fad.