Has the most creative fights in anime history

>has the most creative fights in anime history
How did they do it

Attached: 458055CB-3E59-443E-9F0C-384A90E5A8E8.jpg (400x600, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pq83N-lBx3k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kazuki is based. He basically came up with a whole new style of rivalry and it's applied to real life as well.

Attached: SliferManga.png (1800x1334, 2.61M)

it's easy to be creative when you make your own rules

Didn’t know ripping off D&D and MTG was considered creative.

it's easy to be creative when you make the rules up as you go

This. The card game was an interesting way of showing off cool monsters and making them fight, and just making rules up on the fly let it be a little more flexible than something like HxH or other RULES type powers. Even then Yami had cheater power so it could be even more flexible with weird impossible situations

The best combat power systems have enough flexibility to allow for anything to happen if the author really wants it but enough structure so everything at least appears to have some logic behind it or an explanation can be made.

It got good when rules were better defined in Battle City though. The rush to set up 3 monsters and summon a God card was always great

Even before that, the episodes were still good. Each duel was like an allegory for the overall message of the episode. They would prioritize character development and narrative over 100% consistent card rules.

No duel victory came close to Yugi's loop trick vs Strings/Marik

>mfw watching that
Same for the guy with multiple exodia pieces in his de k, then Yugi goes ahead and deletes one of the five part duplicates from his deck and kills his whole plan

Attached: 1519189358495.png (451x505, 151K)

Later episodes managed to pull both at the same time which is even greater

I really liked watching this when I was young, but I stopped watching when they went from the middle of the battle city finals to some virtual world that had a kid with sand in his vag.

all yugi duels in season 2 we're great. rare hunter / magician guy / strings / bakura

That entire arc is garbage and completely skippable. Literally the first thing Kaiba says after they get out of the Virtual World is "let's all pretend that never happened", and then it's never brought up again.

Battle City Yugi vs Kaiba final turns were better. Yugi actually reads Kaiba's intentions and counters them rather than relying on some asspull as it usually goes.

HANASE

Honestly, any time someone beats someone through looping is my favourite.
I don't recall what series it was but there was a duel where a guy set up his field so that his opponent got fucked on no matter how many times he entered the duel. I think D/D or D/D/D were involved

Takahashi doesn't get enough credit for his creativity. It's not easy to write the duels in a compelling way either, see the Yugioh R spinoff where duels are actually more consistent with the rules but most of them end up being boring slogs.

The way he beat Noah was awesome too

>first round of the finals is amazing
>lets fuck it this up by adding a shitty season right in the middle of the finals.
Stopped watching as a kid and didn't go back to watch the final 3 duels till 5+ years later. All 3 we're good too.

I fucking loved Yu-Gi-Oh as a kid a decade ago, does it still hold up today? Should I watch it?

Arc-V, Reiji vs Roger/Roget. Bonus points to Reiji because he was the one who implemented the 2000 LP intrusion penalty, and was the only one to truly take advantage of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pq83N-lBx3k

Read the manga instead. /tg/ did a whole storytime of it last summer, beginning to end, and it was fun as hell.

A lack of follow-able rules probably helps a lot.

That's only the case in the first seasons

That is a big dick move to enforce on someone. I'll give Arc-V credit, there are some actual good moments in it but it really is wasted potential.
The entire concept of dimensions based around summoning and it's not turning into a giant all on all war is a true waste of potential.

By playing a children's card game.