What killed the hype

what killed the hype

Attached: neverland.jpg (1000x600, 155K)

The inescapable fact that it's shit.

The classic problem that plagues most death-game stories.

Cool setup, no follow up.

Manga's fucking awesome. The anime skips a lot of the internal monologues and makes things lose context, which makes key moments in the series lose tension. Sure, the rick and morty intellectual types will still flock to it because hurr durr mind gamez, but everybody will inevitably realize it's shit and drop it.

Everyone read the manga and dropped it

The first episode was cool, but 4 or 5 more of playing super intellectual tag with nigger nanny was getting old. I also started to see a bunch criticisms for the series, but unlike all the other popular shows that are being attacked for being popular, these ones sounded warranted.

Emma has the most punchable face I've ever seen.

a better question is what started the hype?

It's a bad adaptation.

>Cool setup, no follow up.
Pretty much this.

It being over hyped and not living up to expectations

Airing on a pretty stacked season+people getting tired of the mental games and cliffhangers

It's an adult story written for 12 year old japanese children.

not enough deaths imo

It’s really good but the pacing is better fit to the manga honestly. Where do you guys think the anime will end at? I really want Goldy Pond animated but there’s no way we get that far.

This and this.

Extended mindgames feel bizarre when your protagonists are literal eleven year olds raised as livestock. The initial few episodes were incredibly tense mostly due to how vulnerable the kids seemed, and as the pacing slows, the sense of immediate danger fades.

being a shounen jump series.

What's with all the shitposting in this thread? Anime only here, i genuinely don't understand. This show is fucking amazing. Do you people really not like it?

Attached: 573892284902382.jpg (853x480, 188K)

>saying that an anime is bad is shitposting

You must have only seen 10 anime if you think this is amazing.

The adaption cuts out a lot of stuff which makes scenes just straight up confusing.

Like if you didn't read the manga, you'd have no idea how Don and Gilda escaped Mom in episode 6.

Anyone that says the anime is shit but the manga is better is being disingenuous. So far it’s nearly a 1:1 adaptation. It’s amazing so far, and you can tell the director wants to put his own touch on the visuals. The manga is also fantastic.

It's not bad though. It's about as good as modern anime gets.

But I've seen about 450.

>So far it’s nearly a 1:1 adaptation.

hurrrrrrrrrrrr

>Mangafags hype up a shitty manga
>Gets an anime adaptation exposing how bad it is
>The adaptation is shit!
It always turns out like this.

not him, bu why is it bad? i genuinely don't understand? this is one of the best shows I've ever watched and i'm not exaggerating. fro the shot composition to the timing, the plot twists. it's all phenomenal. i can understand being bored during the first half of ep1 but after that it's all been amazing.

>chapter 26 wasn't adapted yet
No wonder

This is the best fucking anime in this season. Last episode camerawork was fucking Kubrick-esque. A masterpiece.

/thread
alexa play Despacito

Attached: mordka.png (250x250, 116K)

See
By the halfway point of the first episode we understand the three main characters' personalities in addition to their strengths and weaknesses. Why? Because they're explained to us explicitly by other characters.
In addition, there's no reason for these characters to be 11 if they neither act or think like actual 11-year olds. There's some shitty handwave excuse to justify them being geniuses so it can be literal children who are being eaten even though their emotional intelligences are far beyond normal 11-year olds too.

Mediocre adaptation.

it will probably end during the escape arc, or at least after they met with Mujika & Sonju (forest monsters).

I'm still following myself, but i avoid threads to avoid spoilers from the mangafags. I'm still enjoying it alright, but fuck me did things slow down fast. If it keeps being this slow i'll probably just drop it and read the manga.

Yea, for as much as people shit on it, Mirai Nikki did a good job in this regard. It kept momentum up pretty well.

It was never good in the first place.
The main characters are unrelatable mary sues, it's hard to care about them.

If you like expositional internal monologues in anime. You are a rick and morty type.

Horrible jay leno chins

You're conversing with people who have no appreciation for what you mentioned. All they care about is a serialized list of plot points catalogued in their mind, and the manga has already revealed all that to them. There is no form this anime adaptation could take that would be satisfying for them, because they already know what happens, and that's all they're interested in getting out of fiction.

The characters are really shallow.
No overarching theme.
Fake tension.
Nothing ever happens.

>No overarching theme.
?

>Extended mindgames feel bizarre when your protagonists are literal eleven year olds raised as livestock

They were rigorously raised to be top of the line thinkers though.

To all retards saying it's bad, how about you give us your reasons for thinking so?
I thought the story was pretty good, even if the later arcs weren't as amazing as the grace field one, I still enjoyed them a lot. After goldy pond it's started to feel a little rushed, but that's not taking away from my enjoyment.