Why does this unoriginal trash have 25 episodes again?

Why does this unoriginal trash have 25 episodes again?

Attached: 1534355808091.png (460x698, 661K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=false accusation rape suicide
readlightnovel.org/tate-no-yuusha-no-nariagari-ln/volume-1/chapter-9
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/29/mother-of-son-who-hanged-himself--after-being-accused-of/
work.nwong.net/post/182959128598/dwv012
youtube.com/watch?v=EulAUr5N51I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

b/c tards

because the premise is slighty different from other isekai so it becomes the flavor of the month anime

if you think it's so bad then stop being a consumer and make your own hit isekai anime. otherwise shut up.

because its popular, best support your anime of choice if you want more of it

This, Slime, Dororo, and Mob Psycho S2 all release the same day. I love it

That reminds me, I should finish Recettear.

How about you go eat a box of dicks? If you have a problem with people calling this garbage anime terrible then you're free to leave and find a safe space.

Oh god, this trash is a 2 cour?

Attached: 1437182152442.gif (422x317, 993K)

Slime sucks now.The cute demonlord girl is gone.

Attached: l-7202-hating-popular-things-doesnt-make-you-an-interesting-person.jpg (700x533, 172K)

If only there was some way to not watch things you don’t like.

How about you go eat a box of dicks? If you have a problem with people calling out your shit then you're free to leave and find a safe space.

Because it's good.

>Because it's good

Attached: 1520708711105.jpg (847x720, 333K)

But for real though why are people trashpanda fags?

Attached: 1549078087397.jpg (672x608, 61K)

Oh no this show I don't even plan to watch go 24 episodes what I am going to do now

>n-no u
Great argument.

2007 called, they want their waifu back grandpa.

Im watching it currently and I think it's fun, that's really all I need from an anime. Fan service isn't over the top and the hero didn't drop into the world as a demigod like every other isekai. He's got to work his way up against all odds, it's interesting to see him struggle. By that alone it's different. The main character gets warped into a world but keeps his flaws, it's not just pure wish fulfilment. Even the 'power' he got plays out as serious hindrance, although I'm sure that will change as his character grows. In 7 episodes we've seen more character development than most anime I've seen lately.

Bothered a little by the necessary harem inclusion but whatever, that's anime in 2019. Can't have a single goddamn show without 300 waifus in it. Still, the story arc so far feels a lot more western in design. Less wish fulfillment, more struggle, with a more or less standard hero arc taking form.

Attached: c34f6e99d480f4e81a013b1ab2803a370be3f7b41f3b70ae485a4443ab0dec8d.png (524x485, 423K)

Reminder it's the most popular airing show right now and no amount of whinging will change that.

Attached: balloons.png (1033x1064, 732K)

>first 4 episodes good
>rest bad
They should have cancelled the anime after episode 4

More like make it anime original

>3rd original isekai
>first isekai where the MC isn't a total tard with a harem and overpowered shit
>calls it unoriginal trash
tell me when the main character of an isekai gets accused of rape within 24 hours of spawing?

If you didn't know already, and/or are thinking about restarting your file: sell at a low profit margin.
You'll get such a loyal customer base you'll make up for it in midgame just by increasing "wallets" for respective customer types and moving high(er)-price inventory quickly.

Not even close, both Dororo and Mob Psycho has eclipsed it at this point, and Shield is only going down.

Did you miss the MC getting a bird loli?

Literally wrong on all fronts.

MC got a bird loli who is also a slave. Since when is enslaving a bird loli gaining harem members?

Never heard of a slave harem?
And this is just the beginning of the slave harem

If you wanted a Shield Hero thread you could've just asked for one instead of playing coy

>anti-sjw
please stop with this dumb sjw vs anti-sjw narrative, its for shit like that this that boards become worse

I'm surprised you faggots are still trying to slander this series. Give up, you lost. People are going to enjoy what they want to, theres nothing you can do about that.

Attached: 1546825470183.png (1301x1080, 973K)

there's already one up

>Why do people hate my revengetrash?
Thanks for the bump

More like people think it’s anti-sjw even though it just another generic isekai in sea of trashy isekai which the absolute state of anime community

do you actually think this show would've gotten popular without appealing to those retards? Also hating on anti-sjws doesn't make you an sjw, especially since those two words are becoming synonyms as time goes on.

I'm just trying to say that this is a different idea and most aspects of this show are unexplored in regards to the isekai genre

Because isekai is currently very popular? I dont know man just don't watch it

Dororo and Mob are better shows by far but I said most popular and that is unarguably Sheild Hero.

>do you actually think this show would've gotten popular without appealing to those retards
More like It wouldn't have gotten popular if it weren't for "sjw" whining about it, its literally the same as Goblin Slayer. No one considered this anti sjw until ANN made that review.

More like Crunchyroll shill honestly. Make controversy get views easy money

I'm pretty sure that actual "normies" don't care about what's "sjw" or isn't

The first half was definitely miles better than the second, that's for sure.

>ignoring how popular the manga was here for the anime
>ignoring how popular the LN and WN were before that
>ignoring that isekai in general is popular
>ignoring the production staff that helped draw a larger crowd
Go back to /pol/

and what does that have to do with the series not being "anti-sjw"? its like you're proving my point

You said it wouldn't have got popular without people whining about it, which is wrong because it was popular before any of that. And any labels that western audiences are plastering it with are all equally bullshit too. This series was written by some person in Japan for fun, at least when they started writing it. Not to make any kind of socio-political statement.

>Not to make any kind of socio-political statement.
yeah I think I didn't word it well, but I was trying to make that point, anyway let's just stop here

because japan has shit taste

You both have to admit the series wouldn't have become as popular if not for cramming in the #metooing of the MC right at the start of the story, the same way gob slayer became popular for cramming in the rape scenes right at the start. No one would've cared if that shit happened mid-season since nowhere near as many people would've started watching it

I mean sure, but its not like the whole #metoo movement was even a thing when the author wrote it, much less in Japan. Westerners tried to plasters the politics on it and the whole "outrage" happened, but that's just a result of the series airing in a time where that stuff is hot topic.
In any case it seems like it played on Crunchy's favor after all.

>You both have to admit
No I don't. That kind of news doesn't actually reach THAT many people. You just think it's a big deal because you are immersed in the "anime scene." Sheild hero was a highly anticipated series of this season before it started airing.

>He's got to work his way up against all odds
>it's not just pure wish fulfilment
You sure about that? He doesn't have to work that much. He just has to tinker with his overly complicated skill tree and he can easily figure out how to unlock overpowered abilities that require a little bit of creativity to be useful. I mean, maybe he doesn't get everything on a silver platter, but it's a stretch to say that he has to work hard. I very much dislike the way in which these LNs try to purport a "slightly above average intelligence" character by simply having him tinker with a game-like system. It's so fucking retarded.

Overall this anime does feel like wish fulfillment through and through: the MC is the underdog hero but in the end he is so much better than the Chad heroes and he has to clean up after their shit. I'm sure that, while at first only his waifus recognize his worth, by the end of the story everyone will be sucking his dick and he will be recognized by everyone as the greatest hero.

If you think this series would be as popular without Myne accusing Naofumi of rape then you're actually retarded. Anons admit they started reading/watching it because they heard about the #metooing of the protag all the time.

This. It was most likely a fortunate coincidence.

>slightly above average intelligence
I don't think the anime tries to frame him as that, he just has to put a bit more effort into understand the mechanics because he has to fend by himself.
>Overall this anime does feel like wish fulfillment through and through
well, its isekai after all

>I don't think the anime tries to frame him as that
I think it does. Why else is the Shield Hero deemed a loser by everyone else? Because the usefulness of his abilities is not as straightforward as that of the other heroes' abilities. But while not straightforward, it does not take a genius to figure out how to make the best out of the Shield's abilities. So the MC is only slighlty intelligent, it's just that everyone else around him is a fucking retard. This is very trypical of wish fulfillment anime/LN where the authot self-inserts as the MC and is completely unable to give any depth to the other characters that exist only to make the MC look good by comparison.

>I'm sure that, while at first only his waifus recognize his worth, by the end of the story everyone will be sucking his dick and he will be recognized by everyone as the greatest hero
Do you actually wanna know?
He has multiple children with every girl in his harem except for one chick, and he ends up becoming a literal deity
So you were right on the money

Raccoon balloon: useless, dead weight, tactical disadvantage.
Monster balloon: reliable, always there to save the day, technically not a weapon the shield hero can attack with them.

>Raccoon balloon: useless
Wrong. They will be used to feed naofumi's children.

Because most people are idiots, that's why the best stuff is always the most obscure one.

He's more than slightly above average IQ. He's 115IQ at minimum. Someone with an IQ of 105 wouldn't be able to figure out the stuff he does.

>IQ talk
Whoops, you seem to be in the wrong board friend
/pol/ is that way.

>Someone with an IQ of 105 wouldn't be able to figure out the stuff he does.
Doubt it. He is literally just learning how to play a game. Any dimwit can learn the rules of a game by tinkering with it for a while. He happens to be quick at catching on, but he is not really that smart, if you ask me. This is pretty standard in many isekai anime nowadays.

> because the premise is slightly different from most other isekai
Not even fucking remotely

Attached: 20180821_093023.png (396x473, 45K)

how is IQ /pol/

Never been a fan of isekai but I don't mindlessly hate them either.
Anyone with a serious random irrational hatred for a genre is just a fucking child.
I'm enjoying this show because at least the initial twist made it interesting and the Racoon is cute. Plus I actually like Naofumi for the most part. I can't dislike him for some of the dumb shit he does like I would other MC's because he's legitimately traumatized and the story made it clear enough.
In that regard I actually think the series is very well written and I can almost bet you the author struggled with some form of betrayal and depression at some point.
The world and the lore and all the rest are pretty cookie cutter, not bad but not special.
Overall it's still all wish fulfillment shit but it feels balanced with some tragedy and elements of realism vs most cartoonish self aware isekai.

Who could you possible read that post and think user was being serious?

All the other heroes in theory should be able to unlock abilities similar to his though, their weapons have the same capacity to absorb material and unlock new forms.
It's just that they do not have to bother doing that since their weapons allow them to be strong in a straight forward fashion just by sticking with one build and leveling it up.

someone with low IQ maybe

>usefulness of his abilities is not as straightforward as that of the other heroes' abilities
I'm not entirely sure about this, but the other heroes special abilities aren't also straightforward, its just that they are broken enough to be able to kill shit without thinking much about it

>I can't dislike him for some of the dumb shit he does like I would other MC's because he's legitimately traumatized and the story made it clear enough
Don't you think it's stupid that he's traumatized by being falsely accused? Also raccoon girl was traumatized for a believable reason unlike shield guy and she got over it in one episode

Not him, but I'm here to remind you that my waifu still has quality content created for her, and she remains the best girl of the last 13 years.

Attached: 1546443494300.jpg (708x1000, 315K)

most anime fans don't have standards Tbh

So someone from /pol/?

I am at the beginning of season 2 of that anime, what should I expect from it?

>In that regard I actually think the series is very well written and I can almost bet you the author struggled with some form of betrayal and depression at some point.
No shit, Sherlock. The author must be a limp-dicked otaku who was bullied in school all the time. He wouldn't have ended up writing this kind of shit otherwise.

>Overall it's still all wish fulfillment shit but it feels balanced with some tragedy and elements of realism vs most cartoonish self aware isekai.
Balanced? I can't take the "tragedy" seriously when the other characters are either clueless idiots or stereotypically "bad" people. The MC is the only character that happens to have some minimal depth; everybody else is one-dimensional. Honestly, if that's the author's level of writing skill, he should just write something less ambitious like Isekai Maou: a straightforward wish-fulfillment fantasy that hardly ever tries to take itself serious. It's dumb but it's more honest.

I'm a dimwit though and I doubt I could do the same stuff as him. I could probably tinker around with the shield mechanics, but trading, bartering, information gathering, battle planning, quick thinking in dangerous situations, etc., requires more intelligence than you think.

No, someone from Reddit. That shit website is cancer and it's people are even worse.

To feel that it's better than season 1, and then to go and read all of the LN's from the beginning, not the manga.

I was only joking. I love holo and I lament that we will never get another season

He has to fight with just a fucking shield. That can't be as straightforward as using sword skills.

Spotted the /pol/tard
Go away you aren't welcome here

Attached: BestGirl.jpg (585x300, 24K)

Thanks bro. I hope the fox doesn't fuck another guy

Both of those places are fucking shitholes. Feel free to go back to either one of them, whichever you prefer.

cuz it's popular?

No. It's your average "DUDE IT'S AN MMO BUT NOT AN MMO" isekai with a run of the mill self insert protagonist. The closest thing separating it from the typical isekai shit like that is that the MC isn't a neet.
Re:zero's an example of an isekai that's considerably different from your average isekai. There's no vidya mechanics so no stats that magically make Subaru stronger than he was in his world, he's a thoroughly average NEET, and the closest thing he gets to a cheat ability like most isekai protagonists get is a ground hog day effect that generally leaves him fucking mentally and emotionally traumatized from dying gruesome and agonizing deaths while also seeing the people he cares about dies.
It kind of strays away from the whole wish fulfillment shit too (aside from the waifu shit) in that unless you're insane, you really wouldn't want to be in Subaru's shoes because of how fucking brutal and dangerous everyone and everything he faces is. It's really driven home by the fact that he's regularly getting brutally murdered and needs help from people around him to get shit done in fights. Basically, he's constantly getting into shit no ordinary and average human being could survive.

No he's straight up retarded. If he had an actual brain he'd just craft and carry a ton throwables like fire bombs and acid flasks (the fact that he was able to burn that watch tower down with a flask of oil shows consumables are not off limits) since he's already demonstrated that he's got a good alchemist build going.

Remember when authors who wrote these kinds of stories actually played MMOs themselves?

Attached: Akatsuki.png (1046x583, 238K)

Not that user.

One is an enslaved animal girl that faces abuse by a small amount of people who eventually is treated with kindness and allowed to eat whatever she wanted. The other is treated like a villain by the world itself around him due to a lie he has no power to stop and the fact he uses a shield.

You and the author clearly don't understand trauma if you both think it's that easy to get traumatized and to cure trauma.

JUST LIVING IN THE DATABASE

Makes sense for Naofumi was some otaku that lead a relatively normal life and suddenly was thrown into a world where everyone hated him for existing, I can see why would his mental health would seriously deteriorate over that
Raph did seem to get over it a little too fast

>Don't you think it's stupid that he's traumatized by being falsely accused?
No, way better men than him have been brought down to a mess by something less than what he's been going through.
He was stripped from his world by force, put on a position as "hero" yet treated as shit and seen as the leftover and he ends up alienated from the only people he could have somewhat related to, betrayed by that world itself, the cursed shield, the people, all of it.
> Also raccoon girl was traumatized for a believable reason unlike shield guy and she got over it in one episode
It sounds odd when put that way but it didn't seem odd while watching it.
She had a hard time trusting him and she was legitimately traumatized at first.
Her loss was much greater than his. But after she sees what he's made of and trusts him and comes to see him as family you see how she grew up much stronger and confident.
She got what she needed, a new family, a new purpose and some closure against a monster similar to the one who took everything from her.
That's pretty powerful stuff and it just felt like what she needed to actually get over it. It's not like traumas last forever, that's why there's therapy and people can get over them.
There's also the odd aging factor, while to us it seemed like a short while passed to her it must have felt differently.
Consider her huge change of personality across just a couple of episodes. That's not just a different way of talking but a different level of maturity as well, she went through genuine emotional growth along with her physical growth.
So it made sense that she'd get over her childhood experience.
Both of them still show trauma but they're basically healing each other at this point.

Week yeah, can't focus too much on Raph or any other characters. The autho- I mean shield hero has to be the main focus

The other characters are not main characters.
LN readers say they do show up again and we get to learn more about them and they all have their own backgrounds and their own layers to peel off, they're not that simple.
You're basically asking for the other characters to be laid out from the beginning instead of letting the story introduce them at its own pace. They haven't really been important so far and the story starts off as the very personal tale of the shield hero, it would really be unnecessary to go around delving deeper into the other heroe's characterization.
Granted I'm taking a leap of faith on the novelfags here but if they had been lying they would have easily been called out before.

>This denial

Read the fucking web novel. He basically gets a slave Harem.

Muy biggest thing with the false accusation shit is that it was full of stupid holes that the author apparently just expects the reader to gloss over and ignore. Like the fact that the deciding evidence was that guards found the princess's underwear in the shield hero's room despite her saying he assaulted her in her room. Like come the fuck on, do you seriously expect people to believe nobody, not even shield hero would point that shit out?

Arguably worse

I don't fucking get it how can they get away with being mean to women?
I can't handle this unorignal shit, you don't get to dislike women you dumb fucking incel virgins.
Stop ruining anime with your misogynistic views.

Attached: 1548074525985.png (753x647, 728K)

>He was stripped from his world by force, put on a position as "hero" yet treated as shit and seen as the leftover and he ends up alienated from the only people he could have somewhat related to, betrayed by that world itself, the cursed shield, the people, all of it.
Your reasoning here is solid, but it's clearly just you trying to explain away the author's incompetence.
I agree that the real traumatizing experience would've been to get transported into another world, but neither Naofumi nor the other heroes give a shit about that, in fact Naofumi seems to be excited about it, so you can't use that as an excuse for his trauma.
You also can't use the "he's being abused because of being labelled a rapist" excuse for two reasons: The story skips through this abuse so it doesn't think it's important at all, and we can tell the exact moment that Naofumi got his PTSD. It was the moment he saw Myne crying in Spearbro's arms after being falsely accused, since after that moment he's got "chainmailphobia", which is absolutely retarded in so many levels. People don't get traumatized by false accusations or public humilliations, unless they're a special type of snowflake or they perceive some kind of sexual betrayal... wait, it's probably that last one, right?

>People don't get traumatized by false accusations or public humilliations
I'm pretty sure they do, specially if it happens in another world they aren't even familiar with

>people don't get traumatized by false accusations or public humilliations
Dude what the fuck kinda bait is this lmao it's actually kinda making me a bit mad.

Attached: ce479d10d27d57f4359dd123c562c7a95600985756cf26e1e4f3115ec29993f2.jpg (696x785, 50K)

Mexicans.

>People don't get traumatized by false accusations or public humilliations

Attached: 124525256.jpg (274x321, 26K)

Show me an example then

Naofumi is just a delicate guy man.
He's not a strong chad who can deal with any sort of anxiety or people's bullshit he seems like the sheltered weak willed type with high propensity to hold grudges when hurt.
He's getting better now that he's finding his footing as a hero and realizing how it feels to get a job done and have people you saved be grateful. Raphtalia is a great influence on him, pushing him to do the right thing, giving him the confidence he needs to fight and so on, it's because he knows she has his back.
But without her you saw how he easily crumbled.
He's a weak guy on his own and some people are like that, at least he's consistently written that way. Maybe the author is too on the nose with his approach but I don't actually find any big jarring flaws that would ruin my enjoyment of the series yet.

lmgtfy.com/?q=false accusation rape suicide
Now back to /r/eddit

Attached: 1550272029267.png (403x363, 135K)

Different circumstances, same form of betrayal and trauma.

Attached: 29e.jpg (217x320, 10K)

Defamation literally doesn't matter.
Being tarred and feathered is just a meme saying that doesn't really mean anything.
I'm sure that you're just trolling but maybe there is someone here who is retarded enough to not be 100% sure that false accusations are pure evil.

not him but my problem with it is that for the most part it doesn't even come off as legit trauma. It feels more like he's just being a sulky and angsty little bitch.
I've experienced actual trauma and the results weren't me being angsty and edgy. It was more like staring off into space and wandering aimlessly while the shit kept playing over and over in my head or whenever I thought about it, and stuttering and droning when recounting what happened.

I don't think the author knows, nor really tried to portray it as realistic trauma, which doesn't mean that the reason for it to happen isn't legit in the context of the series

Maybe I should've clarified, since you didn't seem to get my point.
Naofumi didn't get traumatized by what happened after he got accused of rape, he got traumatized by the accusation itself, the moment it was made. That shit doesn't happen in real life, men who are traumatized because of false rape accusations IRL are actually traumatized by the consequences of those accusations and not the accusations themselves.

>i become a useless little bitch when i experience "trauma"
Everyone isn't useless enough that they can afford to just turn retarded for a few months.

Of course it doesn't come off as legit trauma because the writing in this series is shit and the author probably has no experience with real trauma whatsoever, same as retards like

I never understand why it even had much of a following when it was being translated here. It seemed so painfully generic.

>It seemed so painfully generic
Not at the time where isekai wasn't as big as it is now

You missed the entiere first episode then. The point is betrayal. When you get tossed aside by everyone bit by bit, knowing nothing about the world you know living in.
The chainmail thing is the last nail in the coffin, it means even the few guys who share something in common with him fucked him over he now have no one to turn to.
If you can't understand that, you need to get out more often from your mom's basement.

Attached: 1548734565927.png (480x480, 254K)

> trauma in parenthesis
I had to perform CPR on a roommate who died of a fentynal overdose and wasn't able to bring him back. Sorry I wasn't able to just brush that off like it was nothing.

Nobody plays MMOs anymore. They're dead.

Nah, the only ones that are dead are the good ones like Anarchy Online

Isekai as a genre always seemed like fanfiction tier. It only got popular because of nips shit taste much like yurifag shit.

Attached: 1459014881138.png (650x876, 356K)

Shut up hetshitter

Read my first post again bud I did come to the betrayal conclusion at the end, I'm always one step ahead of you brainlets who defend this trash.
And you still don't think it's stupid that he feels betrayed by people he met 24 hours ago? How naive and innocent can his protagonist be? And does the author expect us to believe that he goes from such a naive and innocent nice guy to a massive edgelord just like that? Bad writing is bad, user

>hetshitter
You have your own board to stink up, fag lover.

Attached: IMG_8804.gif (300x186, 1007K)

I like the manga but fucking hate the adaptation. Somehow the pacing and presentation was better in manga panels. Or maybe the director is just fucking shit at his job.

I'm really wondering if you have met real people. He was mostly alone in his previous life, he doesn't have great conversational skills nor he was living alone. He was naive and innocent, and he followed the 3 others heroes because they have something he didn't have...intel about the new world.
He was literally bullied and that was the cause of the trauma.

Attached: 1547917322016.gif (500x280, 375K)

Not that user but because of that he would be confused and angry in what the fuck is going on more than trauma

Not him but
>implying Yea Forums is not a shithole like /pol/
This fucking website has been infested with the most anoying newfags for years now.

that's, just like, your opinion, man

>He was mostly alone
>He wasn't living alone
Now you're spitting out contradictions just like the author, user! Naofumi wasn't a NEET or a socially awkward person, but he does act like one in the story. Apparently he went to parties and other social gatherings with his mates from university or something, that's what other anons who've read ahead said, at least.
And you saying he feels betrayed by the three heroes specifically doesn't make much sense, especially since all he's thinking when he meets them is "wow these guys are douchebags", and they only know each other for like a day...

The guy who first called it "trauma" is doing so arbitrarily. He doesn't know what he's talking about. It's not trauma.
Shield hero is bitter, and cynical. And not in the "this is me, literally me" way.

The author clearly intended for it to be trauma, user. He gets triggered by chainmail because it reminds him of the moment he was traumatized, that's PTSD. He literally stops trusting women who aren't slaves because of what happened to him.
You can continue with being in denial and pretend Naofumi isn't traumatized all if you want, and he shouldn't be, but the writing is just that bad,

To be honest this series seems like it has a decent premise. Underdog protagonist gets shit on, turns into a bitter tool but not 100% edgelord.
Could have been interesting story with the protagonist being an average bloke who gets a slave girl mainly because he needs the company. But then apparently it turns into literally every other isekai with the protagonist getting god-tier powers.

As for harem... I don't know. Did some research and apparently he's pretty steady with Raphtalia?

As a person with trusting disabilities I can confirm this is how you react to people when you are cripple emotionally

>As for harem... I don't know. Did some research and apparently he's pretty steady with Raphtalia?
As far as I know in the "official" web novel end he only fucked Raph, no idea where the "he fucks everyone" thing comes from

>protagonist getting god-tier powers
Except that he doesn't, he is literally useless and depends on others to survive. Not so godly.

>But then apparently it turns into literally every other isekai with the protagonist getting god-tier powers.
Anime still won't reach that part, that's the very end

In my opinion anime adaptations suffer a lot from trying to be too precisely faithful. They tend to just translate from page to storyboard panel by panel in precise linear sequence, and the shift in format always makes it weird. The pacing in particular is different because things you're intended to skim over quickly in print might take a full minute when translated directly, and meanwhile an action sequence that seems complicated and intricate across twenty panels on three pages might take ten seconds real time.

I think a good example is One Punch Man. The manga has a joke where Genos tells his backstory, and it's this hideously long and generic cyborg hero backstory that makes Saitama so frustrated he demands that he compress it down to seven words. It works as a joke in print because it's a single page; you see Saitama's head surrounded by a dull block of text and you immediately understand the situation because you instinctively skim past the block of text to the visually busy action panel directly below where Saitama demands he shorten it. You don't have to actually read the backstory because it isn't important, and even if you do bother you're just doing that for yourself because you got the punchline the moment you saw the page. In the anime, they just tell the whole thing in precise linear sequence, and the joke doesn't work the same way because you actually have to sit through the full minute of backstory just to get to the punchline. It is, at best, a completely different structure to the joke. At worst, it ruins the joke.

You're using the phrase "trauma" too lightly, I won't even dignify responding to saying someone is "triggered." the entire concept of Naofumi's paranoia about other's hinges on the status of what it means, in the current country, to be the shield hero. Nothing else. Besides which, Naofumi's refusal to get chain mail is meant for a gag, but it's the equivalent of having a girl play your ex-girlfriend's favorite song. It would be a constant unpleasant reminder of the worst thing that happened so fair since he entered this world. He isn't bothered by seeing chain mail. He's irritated by having a woman suggest that he buy chain mail, of the same pattern, from the same shop, in a similar way to the woman who screwed him over with very little motivation to do so. His irritation isn't totally irrational.

>trusting disabilities
Explain this term.

What about the ending when he literally become a god?

Wow, you shieldfags are just completely unwilling to concede any ground, huh? Now we're pretending that pic related is supposed to be some kind of GAG?? Even though there's ZERO indication of that whatsoever, it just fits your narrative so that's why you're saying it.
I guess we're also pretending that Naofumi didn't buy Raphtalia out of the three slaves because he wanted to get back at Myne in some fucked up way by owning a female slave, huh?
Why is it so hard to admit that you're wrong? You've obviously being dishonest in arguments user, I don't know if I can keep this up

My mental issues shows up when it comes to human interaction IRL.
>Never replying to text messages
>Avoiding using social media sites that are not fully anonymous (Facebook, Twitter... Etc)
>Getting Paranoid when talking to people
>Reject all woman advance despite having huge crush on them
>Constantly both bragging and talking shit about my skills
>Failing at making any friends,
not sure why the last one this happens. People just hate me for being extremely ugly and useless.

Money and I like it.

Do you not see, people of this new world? Tiberium is the future, and the future is Tiberium.
Peace through Power

Wow, you shieldfags are just completely unwilling to concede any ground, huh? Now we're pretending that pic related is supposed to be some kind of GAG?? Even though there's ZERO indication of that whatsoever, it just fits your narrative so that's why you're saying it.
I guess we're also pretending that Naofumi didn't buy Raphtalia out of the three slaves because he wanted to get back at Myne in some fucked up way by owning a female slave, huh?
Why is it so hard to admit that you're wrong? You're obviously being dishonest in arguments user, please stop.

Attached: 009.png (968x1400, 492K)

>no idea where the "he fucks everyone" thing comes from
Hmmm, I wonder where...

Attached: 8985ebbaa93c839587e1e9d889d531ff.png (985x330, 378K)

Because isekai is so stagnant and the standards have fallen so low that even a generic as fuck isekai is suddenly AOTY because it has a tiny twist to it

>Naofumi becomes the gods of jews
Based

>Doesn't mate with Filo
But why!?

>the anime and the manga are the same
>Naofumi bought raphtalia specifically to spite Myne
>everyone who disagrees with me is arguing in bad faith
My last post was riddled with typos, and I'd be more embarrassed to have posted this.

Let me distill the conceit of my post: having someone suggest that you do a particular thing, or perform a particular action, in a way which is evocative of a similar situation which ended poorly isn't "trauma." It's a reminder. Calling it "trauma" cheapens the meaning of the word. You sound like the sort of person who considers words "violence" when you talk like this.

that title goes to Kemurikusa

Attached: chrome_2HPBrKwjnY.png (736x464, 192K)

I mean, have you seen a Cloaca before???
But for real, probably because the author was too much of a pussy to have the MC fuck a little girl.

I agree with you bud, Naofumi shouldn't be traumatized by what happened to him because that would make him a little bitch, but that's clearly what the author was going for, that's why he is the one who doesn't know shit about trauma and implements it poorly in his story.
I already told you why I think this is was the author was going for, and you just saying it's a gag without any evidence that it was being played for laughs whatsoever isn't gonna convince me bud.

I guess nips wanted to send a message to Kadokawa because of the KF fiasco

That says he didn't have children with her, not that he didn't try. Maybe that combination just can't produce children. None of that should have waited so long to happen.

Just curious, why do you think Naofumi chose Raphtalia out of the three slaves, then? The other two were adult males, even if one of them was in shitty conditions, they were much better suited for what Naofumi needed them to do than the little raccoon girl, weren't they?

How much money did he have at the time?

It's made clear that he could've afforded those three slaves, the one he couldn't have afforded was the first guy he was shown.

>it's made clear
Yeah, is it?

Yes, mangaonly-kun

Attached: 43dae77446a50900224277f81fa132c4.png (735x125, 18K)

>he bought her to abuse her
>posts something irrelevant
What am I supposed to do with this?

Why is a simple isekai assblasting so many autists?

Attached: imagesasdasd.jpg (209x241, 12K)

That's not ptsd
That's regular trauma reaction
Ptsd is rather extreme. People just use the term loosely these days, like autism when they don't actually mean anything close to the real term

Wasn't the slave owner writing her off just like the kingdom was writing him off?

>but I said most popular and that is unarguably Sheild Hero.
Nope, hasn't been the case in a while.

Attached: 1550551235056.jpg (785x1222, 164K)

I just asked why you think he bought her instead of the other two slaves
>Imply he bought her because she was the only one he could afford
>Be proven wrong
>'What am I supposed to do with this?'
Pathetic.

No. Why are you making your own interpretation of something you haven't even read?

Go on...

I'm not about to encourage your shitty habit of trying to get everyone to explain everything to you, user. You can read it yourself here, ffs.
readlightnovel.org/tate-no-yuusha-no-nariagari-ln/volume-1/chapter-9

Because people enjoy things you do not.

>you're a mangaonly
>posts a selective portion of the LN, which suggests by omission that SH is deliberately buying Raphtalia for abuse
>this is obviously not true even according to tertiary and secondary sources
I mean, hey, you can freely post that section that implies or deliberately spells out such, considering you're such a primary-source expert. I'm sure you know where it is in the LN, and can give a citation.

Don't we get an unoriginal isekai at least once a year? It clearly panders successfully to people looking for escapism. It's a low-effort show that appeals to a very base desire, same as trashy fanservice shows appeal to the libido of young teenagers, isekai appeals to people who don't like where their life has ended up and want to fantasize about getting a fresh start. It's clearly a repeatable and successful model, so we'll probably see more of it for a long time.

>setting yourself up like this
You really should've read the link I gave you, you fucking retard KEK

Attached: 01f3f15fc8b342154fa07c88f9dd7420.png (740x75, 15K)

>he'd just craft and carry a ton throwables like fire bombs and acid flasks
He tried that and he failed. The plant wasn't in fact a monster, that was why he could use poison on it. During the whole plot, he tried almost every loophole he could think of, once even unlocked boomerang shield. It did 0 dmg and could only work as a toy when playing with his horde of monsters.

Isn't it flopping hard?

No, is doing pretty fine so far.

>I had all the information to defend my point, but it's going to take more than an hour to get there, several posts, and you have to use image search, because I can't even bother to cite a passage I'm referring to in a fucking Light Novel
I sincerely, truly, hope you get cancer.

So far its good enough, the animation is decent the OST is really good, the main characters are likeable and the premise is is just alright. My question is why are you watching it if you don't like it? There are like 50 other shows to watch this season and tons of old anime to watch too, don't force yourself to watch something you don't like.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - 07 [720p].mkv_snapshot_15.55.jpg (1366x768, 117K)

You newfags expecting everyone to spoonfed you are the worst, but I did give you (or some other user) a link just now...
Leading you on was pretty fun though not gonna lie

Can't wait till CG dragon

I have become Isekai, the destroyer of anime

>engage in discussion
>unironically use 'spoonfed' in your post
lmao he's right you should get cancer

why do people pretend he got the short end of the stick when he got the shield? the shield can do EVERYTHING, it's the ultimate support/utility item. I'd rather have that shield than some fucking sword that can kill things good.

Attached: c6de75d94b3ca3108fccb9c5a2cccd4f.jpg (450x542, 159K)

Stop sameposting, faggot, you got BTFO, now GTFO.
Entitled and spoiled newfags like you aren't welcome anywhere in Yea Forums

Die, normalfag.

>he doesn't use 4chanx
lmao

The native extension is more than sufficient.

>Stop sameposting, faggot, you got BTFO, now GTFO.
>Entitled and spoiled newfags like you aren't welcome anywhere in Yea Forums

Attached: pQo7e8E.jpg (514x536, 51K)

Fairly sure it was quite low on stalker threads.

for leddit kids like you, perhaps

Attached: =P.png (513x420, 111K)

>seething
If you're gonna get so butthurt over losing an argument you shouldn't have them in the first place, you pathetic newfag.

then why you tagged me too?
I just came here to laugh at your hubris

No one pretends that, it's just other Heroes being dpsbabbies and the kingdom people being retards.

dude i wasn't even arguing with you, i just saw your autism and i almos break my neck from the cringe

Yea Forums is getting so boring, time to move on.
TIME TO JOIN THIS EPIC SERVER
Minimal rules, traps, fucked up admins.
=======
CODE: WCKR7XQ

Attached: b539b51166e6235f90e5a16f2366c6cedeec00af191cb8a03dc30425460ce425.jpg (267x270, 20K)

>cringe
Ugh. Go away

>Ugh. Go away
Cringe

you need to get out of 4channel for your own good user, im concerned your autism is getting worse.

Yikes

I'm usually tired of isekai but the PV looked really well produced so I gave it a shot. Its 70% what you'd expect but its also consistently "kinda fun", I think watching it as it comes out works best for this show

the duality of man

Naofumi can already feed his children, the boobs are redundant.

it’s going to be hilarious isn’t it

Nigga, every fucking weapons has god-level potential. You can literally become a reality warping god with any of the legendary weapon. The other heroes are fucking retarded and just follow the MMO shit rather than experiment

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/29/mother-of-son-who-hanged-himself--after-being-accused-of/

>its another whine thread
Fuck this board

He has to relay on his bitches to all the attacking though and can’t do shit on his own.

>CORRECTION: An earlier version of this report wrongly described the rape allegation made against Jay Cheshire as ‘false’. In fact it was simply withdrawn. We apologise for the error.

Attached: 1549126284339.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

I only watch it because I saw kotaku wrote an article about it.

Special trauma snowflakes

REEEEEEEE STOP LIKING WHAT I HATE: the thread

Again. That poll ranks what people thing is the best show. Not how popular it is.

Don't kid yourself. /pol/ is one of the shittiest places on the internet, just a haven for Amerilard losers to smear their shit all over eachother. Theres a reason Hiro left them to rot back in Yea Forums.

Never underestimate just how much money incels will throw at you to pander to them.

Just wait a little bit, that is exactly what it is in the manga already.

If we go for popularity alone its still first on MAL, anichart and every other series aggregator site. In any case the crunchy map will be a better indicator when it comes out.

because normies love isekai garbage

mmos are dead. The only people that still play them are subhuman koreans and 25 year old NEETs still playing WoW or runescape desperately reaching for their youth.

And that's all I'm saying, it has the biggest audience of any new anime this season. I'm watching it and enjoying it, but there are far better series airing right now IMO.

>G-go m-make your own anime then!
It's current year and people are still using this retarded defense and on 4chin of all places.
Go back to your safe space in reddit plz normalfag.

That doesn't mean it's good though.

Marketing

>why does a series that's popular in Japan get 25 episodes
>why can't I just have another season of my enlightened shonen battle manga
>why won't those stupid Japanese think about what I want

>Why does this unoriginal trash have 25 episodes again?
It's unoriginal compared to what this season user? Everything feels like carbon copy of something else

>ctrl+f 'I mean'
Stop starting your sentences with this limp wristed faggot noise.

I mean ok

I agree with that one user above. His whole PTSD shtick is fucking retarded. Not only is it stupid that he was even traumatized that quickly but it's portrayed in the most childish wish fufillment way possible. Instead of becoming a recluse with no social skills who is unable to talk women after the ordeal, he becomes this edgelord that forces shopkeepers to give him fair deals, broods all the time (even while being fawned on by his budding harem), and scowls at everything. It's just such a jarring change from the happy go lucky guy he started as, his entire fucking personality changes. Like, this is literally what a chuuni teenager would imagine how trauma manifests itself.

>It's 2 cours
Fuck yes, totally deserved.

I usually don't enjoy isekai but Raphtalia+Kevin Pekin doing the ost is making me stay

Look what you have to understand OP is that the audience for this show is mostly composed of subhumans. Hell just take a look at any of the retards here that call themselves fans of this show.
They're basically nothing but a collection of niggers, chinks, with the occasional nip that have not only never seen a single good show in all of their lives. They also basically can't recognize one even if you shoved one right into their smelly asshole.
Which is why this show is so popular since these animals take up most of the anime viewing demographics.
So next time you see another Isekaitrash that's popular despite being trashy as fuck. Remember that it's because of these subhuman retards.

Show may be middling, but your tears are extremely satisfying.

rd original isekai
What in the name of Moloch?

JUST
On related note, how long until somebody starts to fight for man rights?

It would've been good if he were actually a serial rapist with child slave brides.

Not even all of Yea Forums's meme magic combined could save him

´coz its a multimedia project with a hard working author unlike maruyama and tanigawa

I like it.

Are you me? Other than the ugly part.

/pol/ is a board of peace you bigot.

Attached: Screenshot_20190221-193403_YouTube.jpg (2220x1080, 477K)

Just curious, are you female?

Who is this? Is this some movie star?

>He has to relay on his bitches
Well, he can smash other people's faces with his shield just fine.

Why are you so occupied with shit you don't like?
Just watch something else, user-kun.

Brendan Frasier, was popular in the mid 2000's then vanished and has to pay tons of money to his ex wife in alimony

Agreed. It absolutely sickens me than in in this day and age we still have trash like this that panders to straight men. Sorry, boys, but women and homosexuals are the future of anime industry

I want my own tanuki daughterwife.
Encino Man? That's what happened to him?

Attached: __iwatani_naofumi_and_raphtalia_tate_no_yuusha_no_nariagari_drawn_by_miri_ago550421__4e3187437c14726 (827x1169, 870K)

normally unoriginal trash have 8 episodes

i like it so far
the concept of the MC's powers being jew magic is fun to me
i really don't want it to turn into a shitty harem anemu though

Attached: 34523212134232.jpg (866x1390, 164K)

His wife wanted a divorce and his lawyer wasn't as good as hers. He ended up having to pay some ludicrous about of money to get every month. This was all on top of him getting medical treatment for his back which he damaged from doing good in stunts in movies. He also didn't get any roles in that time.
The alimony payments just ran out.

Attached: 1549140606616.jpg (998x1624, 526K)

>I want my own tanuki daughterwife.
You would need to keep her at level 1 forever. Otherwise, once she will get some exp, she'll grow up and will see you only as potential partner for mating instead of father figure.

Time hasn't been kind to him

Attached: 2f9.png (600x640, 531K)

Dunno OP, what I really know is that
1. You are a fag
2. The spin offs are good, specially the IRL one

Attached: Vic-Hero 2.png (1276x1435, 2.66M)

>You would need to keep her at level 1 forever.
Maybe just for a few years. I don't mind her eventually growing up.
>she'll grow up and will see you only as potential partner for mating instead of father figure
That's the plan.
Why is this allowed? She works in the same industry as him and can provide for her family herself, so she shouldn't be getting all that money.

The court system favors women. He didn't stand a chance.

At least read the real source and not another adaption.
It may look a bit like he is overpowered, but not for very long.

Agreed. Holo is the best

based

too bad subaru is such a fucking trash MC it ruins the entire series, the concept was pretty neat.

>nips shit taste
marry grave shitcanned, shit taste confirmed

if he goes full nuclear in the 2nd half its okay

Because it's actually good and scratches most itches target audience might have.

Attached: 1538871870072.jpg (600x960, 64K)

Cute

>Because it's actually good
Lol!

Maybe humanity is polluting the planet and allowing climate change run rampet is because we never had tanuki daughterwives of our own to protect?

Attached: 1414479007046.png (500x539, 118K)

I like it, so it's good. What are you going to do about it? Call me mean names?

I'm 2 episodes in and it seems generic as fuck

If Al Gore used that on his campaign he would have won

The anime changed some stuff up, but as long as it delivers on some moments well I won't mind.

Attached: cvfr.png (1791x724, 985K)

>Lol!
kill yourself

The way people talked about this anime when it came out made me think it was the second coming of christ. That said, I am enjoying it. I think my biggest complaint is that now that he's overcome the twist it's all uphill from here, he's going to get the strongest fucking partners and slowly everybody is going to kissing his ass. My preference for shlocky isekai still leans towards Re:Zero because at least we know protagonists-kun's suffering will never end.

Remember Dot Hack? That's the closest we're ever going to get to a good people of fiction based off real MMO mechanics and it was thoroughly mediocre.

Eh to be fair there's still some suffering left for Jewfumi, just not on the levels of Subaru, but its hard to reach that

.>people still caring about these dub e-celebrities squabbling over who gets to ruin their entry-level anime the most

Fucking normies just go already.

>suffering
Why would somebody watch anime for suffering? There is plenty of it in real life. On the other hand, something like cute tanuki daughters is impossible to find in reality.

>I like it, so it's good.
>He actually believes this
LMAO!

Yes, "good" is subjective and a matter of taste.
You done with shitposting?

>normies
It's how MC overcomes said suffering and actually gets rewarded greatly for his persevering. Not the actual stagnant, depressive aftermath you usually get IRL.

Attached: 1528265842507.jpg (344x459, 81K)

Why isn't he banned yet?

Because it's more immersive and I still get to enjoy self inserting.

good is not subjective, dumb relativist nigga

For the 800th time, I was not making a statement about any sense of objective quality. I'm simply stating it has pulled in the largest audience this season and no amount of bellyaching is going to change that yet people keep insisting on trying.

>good is not subjective
It's not. Especially when talking about media. Even with precise tech like rockets someone would like the faulty ones that beautifully explode in the sky more than successful ones.

This is why it's fun to pick on you shieldtards
There's nothing wrong with liking trashy LN adaptations but being so in denial is just SAD

Attached: Satanichia.gif (640x358, 2.21M)

We will never be able to talk about tanuki daughterwives in peace, will we?

Attached: __iwatani_naofumi_and_raphtalia_tate_no_yuusha_no_nariagari_drawn_by_linda_b__610509216e6cb0c03cbafd (1500x1600, 1.35M)

>There's nothing wrong with liking trashy LN adaptations
Agreed, but this one is actually good.
>but being so in denial is just SAD
Not agreeing with your plebeian tastes does not automatically mean denial.
You're not special nor you are a golden standard of any kind, grow up sweetie.

If you live long enough and prudes allow robowaifus on the market - maybe we would.

Attached: 1540493285991.gif (816x473, 45K)

But SAO author's does

Fuck off Satania you smell

>tfw still decades off genetically engineered animalgirl daughterwives

>this one is actually good
N-never change, shieldtards!

Attached: Satania.gif (498x280, 1.68M)

I'd say you're looking at robots rather than gen-mod tanookig irls. First ones are less likely to be banned by ethic committees. It doesn't look good though as they want to ban even 2D ones in EU.

Not an argument.

>Even with precise tech like rockets someone would like the faulty ones that beautifully explode in the sky more than successful ones
Yeah and that someone would be called a retard.

>Not an argument

Attached: Satanichia McDowell.gif (498x278, 1.52M)

>Good is subjective and a matter of taste
ROFL!
Your show is objectively trash on all levels.

It's not the same if they're not sentient.

Do not use Satania for shitposting, retard.

Attached: 1534532492556.png (540x540, 206K)

By you? How terrifying.
You like your rockets reach Mars, he likes them explode. There's no common ground which ones are objectively best because objectivity doesn't exist where assessing subject is present, honey. You need to be over 18 years old and have 3 digit IQ to use this site.

Light years and you will have to move to a country that would even legally allow it.

Cope.

>Your show is objectively trash
Says you, so it's subjective. Thank you for sharing your shitty opinion with me but I don't value it.
Eh, actually creating sentient ones and condemning them to the same existential horror every conscious human is destined for since monkey grew anxiety and started to call themselves human, that would be a grave sin user.
Just create simulation that doesn't have actual "person" that exists, but mimics it very closely.
You wouldn't know the difference and that's all that matters.

Attached: 1527317495742.jpg (686x815, 47K)

>i'm just some edgy fag that want to push his demented views on reality on others
Can you fucking not?

why is she so perfect, brehs?

it started decent. like first 5 episodes it was 5/5 to me even though it's the mmo mechanics trash

>push his demented views on reality on others
>told him "good" is subjective
>demented

Attached: 1549074786232.jpg (600x450, 101K)

>You wouldn't know the difference
But you would? How else are you going to acquire one?

>mmo mechanics trash
*rpg mechanics
Fucking millennials, thinking levels and skills are equivalent to WoW.

>on all levels
The OST is good

Oh boy the objectivism crowd is here. I bet we're going to have riveting conversations now.

Attached: 1550731904077.jpg (1280x720, 32K)

Soon user, Disney Tokyo just made this.

Attached: n7kfxe8mdg5t6z8fwmko.webm (800x450, 2.4M)

>You like your rockets reach Mars, he likes them explode.
He can like literal shit and it would still not be considered good by any objective metric except at being literal shit.
Hiding behind muh subjectivity doesn't change that.
Same thing with the shieldtrash.

By packing shitload of process statistical behavioral data into the superb processing package? It doesn't need to actually be sentient and have a consciousness to work. "person" wouldn't exist inside it and it doesn't need one to interact with world around same as any human would. If all fails - you can pack cat/dog level of intelligence into sexually attractive package.
Cats and dogs are arguably not self-aware as humans are.
Creating self-aware entities is very cruel towards them.

Attached: 1525084707169.png (1200x819, 542K)

She ticks all the right boxes
>Cute as a button
>Memer with a lot of reaction image potential
>From a show where every other character is forgettable
And most importantly
>Not from shitty isekai
>Not from trash LN adaptation

Attached: tha1orr4w9901.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

That looks amazing

I've got few mods for her purchased already.

Attached: CROTCH_INSERTS.jpg (1689x950, 641K)

Scar fetishists exist. Your argument is invalid.

>good by any objective metric
Who's going to decide it? You?
>from Hell and Heaven to Earth
>not Isekai
I mean

Literal faggots exist
Doesn't change that homosexuality is wrong nigger.

get that De Sade quote in here

>From a show where every other character is forgettable
Learn your place

Attached: faggot-bat-5a72769f188c9.jpg (720x534, 28K)

Why is it wrong?

Attached: 1544534159231.jpg (1689x950, 178K)

As would be expected from a Shieldbro thread

Attached: 8bbdae83e2cccf5406a0cea18e7184a4.png (595x130, 11K)

It is always by way of pain one arrives at pleasure?

whatever, who cares. This shit is way overused and pisses me off

You must be 13 or older to post here.

Robots are so fucking close it's not even funny guys.

10 years, I promise you'll get something of a decent prototype. She won't have a giant rail gun(yet) but she will be a good loyal robowife

Attached: 1549835542711.jpg (850x750, 313K)

That's a stretch, but Heaven and Hell are described as different world so it's not entirely wrong to call Gabriel Dropout and stuff like Jashin or Hataraku Maou reverse-isekai.

Attached: inb4 native isekai.jpg (1689x950, 693K)

Fuck off faggot.

>from hell
>goes to another plan of existence
Can religtards get anymore delusional?

For every flaw there is a fan of it, or something like that.
>overused
Humans are overused in fantasy too. I don't see you bitching about that.

Attached: 1539299037577.png (1000x814, 1.09M)

I'll try not to die.

Attached: 1542334829969.png (852x583, 725K)

>Humans are overused in fantasy too. I don't see you bitching about that.
This is the IQ of a common Shieldtard.

>f words make me sound cool and mature

Attached: 193465.jpg (225x350, 21K)

Do you bitch about hostage situations or guns in action movies too?

Yeah, but reverse isekai and isekai are two different things, user.
Reverse isekai don't tend to be shit, unlike regular isekai

Attached: au9O3cB.png (582x482, 386K)

When exactly did she get turned into a /pol/ shitposting mascot? She just used to be a waifu that had some staying power and I preferred her that way.

Native isekai is better than both

>Humans are overused in fantasy too
this strawman is almost as stupid as you are

>185012837

That ova written by Raimi where she rambles about how blacks commit 52% of the crime despite being 13% of the population changed the perspective of many people about her character

Elves, dwarves, orcs, dragons, shitty nobles, evil villain sealed for centuries, Demon Lord, goblins, slimes - all of it is overused generally in fantasy and specifically in isekai.

>Native isekai
The fuck is that?

>185012985
>185012837
Samefag.

Forced meme

A new subgenre of Isekai.

I'm not American so I have no idea what you are talking about.

The best kind of isekai

Is the soundtrack for this out already bros? Penkin's OST for MiA was pretty great, so I'm looking forward to whatever he's doing here too

It's a show with all the troupes and standards of am isekai show without the main character actually being transported to another world. It's an isekai where the mc is a native of the world, hence the name native isekai.

Sounds completely fucking retarded

He really does have a consistent style. Certain tracks that play sound so similar to tracks from MiA and that just makes me enjoy the show more because of how much I love MiA. Just a statement to the power of good music.

Isn't that just Fantasy?

Kind of like Akagi Ga Kill?

It is shitposting bait, stop biting.

It's a fucking meme. And it makes people really mad which Is why they try to perpetuate it's existence. Fantasy with RPG elements is what somebody means when they say native isekai.

The hero being a pariah is pretty unique to isekai even if the setting isn't unique at all. The problem is it only really matters in the first novel.

mmos are dead and social media / web 2.0 killed them. They no longer serve a purpose. They're redundant.

I'm still laughing at how Yea Forums used to hype this up as better than other isekai.
>b-but they hated him at the beginning! So what if the rest of the world is sucking his cock the cartoonishly evil princess and king look down on him!

>implying anyone can just fucking make anime

special breed of retard right here

No... they don't. They really don't.

Good to know nobody ever played them because they thought the gameplay was fun. It's so fucking mind numbing, I can't imagine being able to get into them for the games themselves.

It generally is.
Nah. I mean it's a type of fantasy, sure, but there's things that differentiate it from other fantasy shows. RPG troupes like guilds, leveling, hp bars and such are a good example. Goblin slayer and the promised Nederland are both fantasy for example, but goblin slayer is a native isekai, the promised Nederland is not.

at least you can use VR and AR to hold you over.

Attached: AR 654654654.webm (720x540, 2.95M)

I'd play AI-driven DnD game, generated on the fly. Kind of an endless custom-made Neverwinter Nights.

Attached: 1533983952744.jpg (1224x814, 799K)

Out of the bunch of games in the library I mostly play Beat Saber, it helps to keep in shape without leaving home.

Attached: 1530411796755.jpg (2000x5000, 3.31M)

No it's different you fucking retard. It's fantasy that follows Isekai conventions.

Still pushing the "native isekai" meme I see

He's a retarded shitposter who has been at it since Goblin Slayer

Goblin slayer is based directly off of DnD which is the basis for almost all fantasy (along with Tolkien and dragon quest) as we know it. It is just fantasy. Drink this asap.

Attached: 1548216925584.jpg (480x360, 24K)

>Sword
>Shield
>Skeletor
>Vending machine
What about Potion Dad isekai? Does it have potential?

Attached: 1550237710871.jpg (809x9127, 2.93M)

>all this people in denial over native isekai
If you could only see the light

It's a useful term. I don't see how or why classification of a popular subgenra would upset people. Isekai is a subgenra of fantasy. Did people bitch when it got a name, too?

Fund it.

Isekai means "other world", if there's no transfer to "other world" then it's not isekai.

You and your ilk need to be spam filtered.

You're retarded. There is literally no reason to refer to it as isekai when it's not.

Why can't we just watch the shows/read the manga we like and ignore the ones we don't

What about the promised Nederland or island? Those are fantasy shows too, but nobody would call them native isekai. I really don't get why people get their pantsu in a bunch over this. Native isekai differentiates the goblin slayers from the last exiles. They're clearly very different types of show with differwnt core appeal despite both being fantasy. Hence the catagorization is sensible and useful. It's neither a meme nor a personal attack no more than the term "isekai" is.

>still replying to the native isekai baiter
Retards

Because it combined its audience with a message that resonated with them so completely.

Isekai fans were always mouth-breathing virgins, but this series fed into their narrative that a matriarchal cabal is out to get them and deny them their birthright to vagina.

Attached: 1514544510230.gif (600x338, 622K)

It's essential trait of human psychology to unite around some ideals against the others.
>people need to call other people faggots to feel good about themselves
Literally in Maslow.

Attached: 1525138960714.jpg (502x369, 27K)

How dare they?

Attached: 1532312095477.png (431x621, 142K)

It has isekai troupes. It looks, acts, and feels like an isekai. A setup detail That's usually irrelevant past the first few episodes doesn't magically make it a completely different subgenre

>Island
>Fantasy

I can sympathise. I can't say that I dislike Subaru because I really liked his overall character development where he eventually acknowledges his rampant autism. What I can't stand is his moment-to-moment behaviour. It's obnoxious and borders on intolerable. But hey, at least it has that Crusch chick. She's fucking awesome. I love girls in military uniforms.

Attached: subaru_subarashi.jpg (1920x1080, 817K)

We both got that "Capitalism, ho!" feel, eh?

Attached: bait.jpg (680x649, 60K)

Reminder that prior IRL knowledge is cornerstone of your usual Iskeai MC misery or prowess.

Attached: 1522161843398.jpg (1316x183, 66K)

Thank you tumblr

>Since when do all these slave girls I own constitute a harem?
WOW!

Dumbass isekai just copies common LN tropes that have nothing to do with with ISEKAI,

Guilds were a thing long before isekai. DnD and levels were a thing in non isekai as well. If it's not someone transported to another world it's not isekai

That's more "tamed" monster than enslaved since they're not human.

he's just a slave fetishist, let it go, user

Make taming women legal again.

Attached: 1539202271201.jpg (640x960, 201K)

Just ignore the "native isekai" retard. He takes pride in being called a dumbass, like the railgun shitposter who was actually mad someone didn't recognize his shitposting.

ok..this is epic lol

>Drink bleach
Go back to youtube.

didn't mean to link to that post

What I said could be set up to be a more believable and "authentic" slave-mentality toy than an actual living slave ever would. You can even forbid it to deny it's consciousness so over time you'd believe the act yourself. All without anyone actually existing to suffer but your now slightly less miserable, robo-slave-owning, self.

Attached: 1538659594352.jpg (2108x1432, 648K)

*ahem*
FUCK SHIELDS AND FUCK DEMIHUMANS

Attached: 1550273894097.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

>Based aquafag redpilling the shieldfags
You're doing god's work

that's not a fair assessment of overlord at all, he has expansive knowledge of his domain and minions because he spent years with his friends creating them.
He's simply now the ONLY person running the show, and that's why it's difficult, but it's really no different than a story about a shipmate suddenly becoming captain.
Also, his ridiculously OP moveset.

>a few months later

Attached: ABOMIDABLE SIN-INDUCED SUFFERING SPIRALE.png (204x208, 67K)

It's repeatedly emphasized how his salaryman experience helps him in politics.

if you want people to stop bitching, you need to use the phrase "Game Trope" not native isekai
but I suspect you enjoy the bitching

Kill yourself Dike

How about litrpg? It's what we slavs use for shitton of our gutter-tier isekai novels.

Yeah, that too.

She also grew 4 feet and 4 tit sizes in one episode. Your point being?

Attached: 1525459107143.jpg (500x921, 79K)

Dropping the newest chapter of dimension wave if anyone wants to read it
work.nwong.net/post/182959128598/dwv012

Attached: kizuna at the beach.jpg (1000x1000, 132K)

>thread will likely reach bump limit
>it even had native isekai shitflinging
Jesus

Maybe, but the guy's term is specifically for a world that has game (or video game) quirks like status listings, HUDs, etc. So RPG is a rather limiting term in that case.
For example, Goblin Slayer doesn't actually have any RPG elements, only thematic references to popular RPGs. A close, but no cigar thing.

"game troupe show" doesn't really roll of the keyboard the same way native isekai does, but i'm game for a different term. I just don't get why people take issue with it.

Ok then, dragonball, kill la kill, zombieland saga, mushihi. All fantasy, none native isekai. This isn't that complicated, user.

Goblin Slayer is /tg/.

Attached: AND RAPED WITH BOOTS ON.jpg (811x1014, 158K)

Attached: 1535044894244.jpg (1046x720, 62K)

I actually kinda like this show but now that I'm seeing the posts of other people who feel the same, I'm beginning to rethink my position. I can see you people being the narutards of the future.

>the same way native isekai does
It's fantasy, retard. You're not special.

Because you're completely wrong you retard

> zombieland saga
>fantasy
But you clearly know that and are just pathetic enough to enjoy being insulted all the time

Based Diablo fingerer of lolis

Show yourself out.
This show was lewd.

Attached: 1538311645502.jpg (1689x950, 704K)

>I just don't get why people take issue with it.
because what makes Isekai is it being escapism specifically drawing a juxtaposition between the real world and the fantasy world by highlighting someone crossing from one to the other. It's social commentary.
Goblin Slayer isn't social commentary. It's not highlighting ANYTHING about the real world. It's a fucking cape comic in medieval manga form.
Also, the idea of "native isekai" draws the idea that it's an isekai story told from the perspective of a native. I.e. the MC is a native, but the supporting character is an isekai.

Don't worry user, shield hero is just the beginning. More isekai anime are coming that will make you rethink your position even more.

>Goblin Slayer isn't social commentary.
Its social commentary on rape culture and foreings invasions

>MC is a native, but the supporting character is an isekai.
That necromancer probably voted for Trump.

Attached: ELLC.jpg (2190x1872, 609K)

Based CNY smasher

God I cannot wait.

Attached: 1520015407460.jpg (1689x950, 140K)

Green man bad

Yea, thematic elements of video games or rpgs are definitely part of it. I mean if you look at isekai shows, you get some common factors. Overpowered protaganist, often a harem, elements of power fantasy, lots of dnd-esque, or video game esque elements, yes? So native isekai is all these isekai-like factors being used in what is only in the most technical sense a non-isekai story by virtue of not being moved from one world to another. But yea, if the term upsets people this much for some reason, i guess it doesn't have to be called native isekai, though i don't get what the issue is myself.

Of those i remember coming are:
>Kenja no mago
>Isekai cheat magician
>Arifureta
>Hachinan
and some others i can't remember

Cute and yummy?

>Just ignore the "native isekai" retard. He takes pride in being called a dumbass,
Rent free

>So native isekai is all these isekai-like factors being used in what is only in the most technical sense a non-isekai story
>non-isekai story
Is Fantasy.

Well, we get a VR VN/game thing at least.

Sword Dad maybe? Dendrogram is isekai too? Kumo, obviously.

No it's Native Isekai.

isn't dendro a VRMMO? oh speaking of that, Shield loli is getting anime too

I was excited for kumo but the PS2 tier cgi really killed it for me

>VR/VN
FUTTTUUUURRREEEEEEE

Oxymoron doesn't suddenly work if you repeat it endlessly like a broken record.

They'll all jump ship once the next seasonal isekai is out, don't worry.

>All this baiting isekai novel promo seasons
>only Mushoku is completed
>TL for everything else is miserable af
That's not a good thing they get adapted.

Because you explain it badly retard.
Native Isekai is not focusing on the native but the usual game, skill tropes without an isekai'd mc.

Ok, yea, but fantasy is a broader term. That's like saying mech anime is anime. Yea, they are, but it's useful to catagorize them as mech, because their are things that distinguish mech anime from anime in general. That's how categorization works. When the term "mecha" came up did people bitch out and just scream "GOD! IT'S AN ANIME WHY DO YOU HAVE TO CALL IT MECHA! JUST CALL IT AN ANIME!"

>rape culture
no it isn't

also, allegory isn't social commentary

Can you pass me the name of that hentai.

>This show was lewd
I am missing that show already

>The tripfag is back

Attached: 8e31521b61c03d85caf95b0a7e7199301530572256.png (200x200, 59K)

Isekai is japanese word, it means "other world". You can perform a feat of physiology and acrobatics and blow yourself, but fantasy without other world still won't be isekai.

Look, you can't say "Horror movies tend to have teenager getting hurt, a general punishment of bad behavior, and excessive violence. So WWII films are horror movies"

Tropes aren't genres. They're not even attached to genres

He's been back for a while, shiposter-kun

>tumblr filename
Hundred of you still wouldn't contribute these threads the same, newfag.

I have invented a new genre. It's called "organic miniature mecha", and it involves no giant robots, only people with jet boots.

Does he, at some point, fuck the raccoon girl or not?

shield loli isn't isekai though.
The godawful novel deigns didn't kill it for you first?

>The only characters he's shown to have any sort of bond with are females.
>All women are whores
Strawman harder

Attached: snes mink.jpg (505x768, 163K)

Are there a ton of shows with people in jet boots running around? If so, your term is useful and it's good that you made it.

>jet boots
>organic mecha
Please don't explain how organic propulsion works in this setting.
HOWEVER: wasn't Escaflowne and Eva "organic mecha"? Maybe Blue Seed? Couple of older Ovas I might be missing too. Basically where mecha are giant ogranic bio-exoskeletons for wearer.

Attached: 1537033566946.png (371x404, 235K)

>idolizing a tripfag
>calling others newfag
Why don't you niggers go form a discord or something?

Well there's bald blacksmith.

At the very end of the web novel

>he can either shit on others or idolize them
Get over your teenage maximalism, preferable outside of this site as one required to be over 18 years old to use it.

That post is clearly meant as a joke

And the slave merchant.

>make your own hit isekai anime
>implying Yea Forums would make yet another isekai if they could make their own anime

truly retarded and leddit-tier

Attached: muh benis anime TatenoYuushanoNariagari-Episode7-Omake-1.gif (600x331, 3.5M)

I don't think Naofumi likes that sleaze.

Fair, but he seems closer to Raphtalia and Filo

Sorry I'm autistic

I don't care about the tripfag, I'm shitting on you for the tumblr filename and my meme academia picture

I just realized Blue Gneder was an isekai.

He thinks the slave merchant is a annoying slimy faggot though.

>That animation
OH NO NO NO NO

Ah, the "do it yourself" argument, how nostalgic.

>Look, you can't say "Horror movies tend to have teenager getting hurt, a general punishment of bad behavior, and excessive violence. So WWII films are horror movies"
None of these are tropes.
And If a world war 2 film involved a group of teenagers getting slaughtered by one psychopath/monster then yes I'd call it a slasher film or a WW2 themed slasher film.
>Tropes aren't genres.
Nobody said that but you'd be lying if you said that certain genres don't have common tropes.

You got a point. At least it should apply on a strict business point for naofumi, if anything.

I thought it was alright the first 3-4 episodes. now i hate it

Wait isn't this that manga about the dude with the shield? I loved that til it started turning into a harem. Cool that it's getting an anime.

It could always be worse user.

Attached: WHOOSHWHOOSHTINYKIDDIEHANDS.jpg (1689x950, 125K)

Was it comfortable under the rock?

Attached: 1541214689075.png (431x431, 113K)

>None of these are tropes.
yes they are?
Maybe that's the issue, you have a very strict definition of trope so the argument isn't landing

I don't really watch anime all that much except for a select few, and shield was one of the few manga I read. Just here searching for a specific thread about a manga and got distracted

And people say this isn't some incel revenge fantasy...

Attached: 39e79079dce45e9814183e5b86cb31b5.png (760x280, 41K)

>happy kid meals
>screaming nightmare cuddles camping on a monster-infested plains
>no-scolding bed-pissing
>toy purchasing
>fight teaching
>daughter protection
He sure taken sweet revenge on those fucking females.

Attached: 1523816926093.jpg (1676x2803, 2.23M)

That's just the author being too much of a pussy to go through with his original intentions, user

This franchise looks absolutely rancid. The video game mechanics are just icing on the cake.

Attached: kajou_disgust.png (1600x900, 866K)

Wait, so you would be happy if you were sold off to some guy who forced you to kill shit as his slave, as long as he bought you stuff and treated you nice? LMAO

because Normie casual peeps, Actually spends on buying and supporting a product unlike you an elitist prick who prides in being a hipster yet does nothing for the industry and just downloads torrents.

Selling out his mortal enemy to orcs for snuff films is not what I would call "chickened out of revenge".

If he were too much of a pussy he wouldn't have included the pig rape
What Naofumi thinks and does are different things, he contradicts himself because despite being bitter he still can't bring himself to actively torture some cute raccoon girl

Hay fuck you, I would have done the same.

Attached: __raphtalia_tate_no_yuusha_no_nariagari_drawn_by_agung_syaeful_anwar__592e065e781cef24973767838d9d2b (651x935, 285K)

Do I also get to help him prevent apocalypse that already claimed lives of my parents? Then yes. Not to mention that I'd probably fight shit for free since it's fun, this is what I do in videogames and experience is lacking.
youtube.com/watch?v=EulAUr5N51I

That's like saying Goblin Slayer is rape fantasy
the story starts out by establishing a damaged character in a dark circumstance and tells the story of how they grow out of being that character.
That's not the same as revenge fantasy

Between that and starving on some cage or being sold to rapist mctorturer then sure

>does nothing for the industry
Best gaijins could do is not interfere.

Attached: 1543689731325.jpg (341x600, 172K)

>killing shit is fun
I bet you've never enlisted buddy, I have so shut the fuck up, please

This game is pretty shitty actually and no where as "great" as it looks.

It's literally 90% the enemy blocking your dagger with a large shield and ganging up on you with 5 others while stab you from behind. movement is fucked too

People on this board don't even spend a dime on crunchyroll and then complain about not being pandered to

>enlisted
How many humans or demi-humans Raphtalia killed to date? Pest control is not the same as murder and I did deratization for pocket money as a child.

Attached: 1527058832414.jpg (300x226, 14K)

Pig King isn't an orc, he's her uncle. Also she doesn't even die from that.

>Isekai
>Isekai with transforming monstergirls
>Isekai with an oversized magic chocobo that can turn into a little girl and decapitate monsters with kicks
Why are people asking why this is popular again? It isnt necessarily because if Naofumi.

>blocking your dagger with a large shield
Did you know you can grab that shield with one hand and drive the dagger through their skull with the other? It is AS great as it looks, but I can't stop walking around the room and eventually strangling myself with the cord or bumping controllers into the wall, hard.

>Also she doesn't even die from that.
How is that an argument for your case

Attached: 1525496539793.jpg (1689x950, 92K)

*man-eating chocobo

>I bet you've never enlisted
Not him, but I was. Combat arms too.

Attached: __raphtalia_tate_no_yuusha_no_nariagari_drawn_by_hayase_jun__12b5dc3bb6d821b7544ba376cc1d127d.png (945x945, 876K)

If the alternative were literal torture until death or at best dying in a cage of disease then yeah, I imagine I'd be pretty happy with the option to swing a sword around while becoming strong and being treated well.

Isekai sells, your fave anime does not. Simple.

and cannibal

And being a girl.

Attached: 1531057564756.gif (600x900, 231K)

But what if my fav anime is isekai too?

Attached: 1545787033490.jpg (1920x1080, 228K)

I want a tanuki daughterwife.

Attached: __raphtalia_tate_no_yuusha_no_nariagari_drawn_by_ryan_edian__84aec8c665f7537c2e06545a6600513d.png (2913x2480, 3.19M)

because she's killed later, and this time properly

So torture and then, a bit later, death. What were you arguing against?

Attached: 1527618312774.jpg (1676x943, 710K)

>All these normalfags ITT that haven't seen the actual depths of isekai which can range from absurd to 6 months of death from a deadly group orgy of a village.

Attached: jahy slurp.jpg (662x666, 59K)

nothing, i just wanted to clarify user's retardancy

I wish isekai would just isedie already

>6 months of death from a deadly group orgy of a village.
Tell me it's picrelated or it's name if not.

Attached: HAKAI ME NO YUURI.png (666x448, 78K)

Like telefrag?

Attached: 1544943448222.jpg (1621x912, 641K)

How's the slime anime?

You'll probably die first

It started to skip shit to end 2-cour S1 on a satisfying point. Otherwise it's fine. I mostly watch for Milim.

Attached: 1525446994018.gif (540x304, 1.65M)

Yup, and that included everyone in the village along with the mothers, fathers, children, and grandparents. Also the standing armies that were sent to investigate and also died murdering the MC with a 6-month dicking and slicking rampage.

Attached: jahy know.jpg (585x724, 49K)

The only reason I asked was for the girl in your posts. She looks cute and fun.

That she is.

Attached: 1537242600829.jpg (1676x943, 749K)

Attached: 1531356136445.jpg (497x460, 53K)

I don't know why this anime makes people so booty blasted.

Attached: 1350123165412.jpg (621x483, 80K)

#metoo

Autists will sperge over anything if given the chance.

Attached: 1339218621893.jpg (600x600, 323K)

For a show with such a basic premise and characters designs - this magic girl somehow made me diamonds.

Attached: __raphtalia_tate_no_yuusha_no_nariagari_drawn_by_yamasan__27487f694ba4bbdebe5f13f284ff078d.jpg (600x800, 215K)