It's over, the era of interesting and unique MC's is coming to an end...

It's over, the era of interesting and unique MC's is coming to an end. Do people actually like beta self-insert protagonists as characters?

Attached: 02.jpg (1859x1038, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UgkyrW2NiwM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>kanye
>beta
Kanye is handsome, smart, and absolutely based

So MCs from back then are adults while current ones are teenagers?

They still make shows with male MCs?

Before people knew it was more economical to pander to boring otaku, artists wouldn't be caught dead writing bland characters. There has definitely been a boom on self insert mc's over the last 10 years.

the truth hurts Yea Forumsnon
send help

It's over, the era of interesting and unique threads is coming to an end. Do people actually like spam shitposting generals as threads?

OP here, thanks for bumping my thread

He was literally so Chad that he enslaved a big titty elf and a loli fluffy ear the moment he showed up.

Attached: Screenshot_20190221-164750.png (1667x2048, 1.3M)

If the MC is still in high school, the show can't be nothing else but shit. Where have all the adult MCs gone?

>my selfinsert is better than yours

Attached: 1446880968016.jpg (640x462, 20K)

>Where have all the adult MCs gone?
I've been asking myself this for years biw. Maybe I won't bother anymore because I've been disappointed every time.

There's one next season.

Attached: 1537824710865.png (1163x322, 219K)

how is the shield faggot a self insert he went through literal hell

I keep asking myself the same question about the settings in general, not just the MCs. Why is this even set in high school? Wouldn't the story make more sense if the MC was a self-sufficient adult instead of a high schooler whose parents are mysteriously absent and who has a giant house to himself and tons of other resources.
I mean, if you want to tell a story about a high school, that's totally fine, but very often the MC being in high school serves absolutely no purpose

Subaru isn't much of a self insert after the first few eps though

Exept this thread is years late, well of pedos and otakus is drying out and we're up for another crash or renaissance of creativity and appeal to wider audiences.
Moe and waifubaiting like self insert characters is still going "strong" but you can already see more and more works written by people that actually talked with female in their lifes and less appeal to sweaty perverted losers.

The current industry is too set in its otaku-baiting ways and would sooner disappear completely than change. If anything, they are going to raise the bluray prices even higher and continue to pander to the fetishes even harder in an attempt to make up for the dwindling revenue.

>another thread where Yea Forums still doesn't understand how the anime market works

because trash people love that, look at all the edgy batmanesque shit beloved by many.
Imagine it user, beign able to excuse how garbage you are due to circumstances of literal hell you couldn't avoid despite your best effor t and great qualities.
Imagine griefing your close ones who you cared for adn who cared for you, or evne having such people in your life, and going for glorious revenge. mmmhhh so tasty.
Every shit character is ostracized by circumstances into edgyness, every shit character can rush into battle screaming to protect or avenge his friends and family.
Being so tragic just appeal so much to edgy losers they coudln't help it but to masturbate while violently selfinserting into yet another samey trash tier isekai, while being *so different*.

re zero and shieldbro guys are the selfinsertiest of all the guys on that image my buddy.
Wanna point out least self inserty character youy gotta go with deku, he's just shittiest character in his own show, nobody self inserts as him.

>leaving out the only chad MC in modern WSJ

Attached: IMG_20190220_165059.jpg (858x648, 178K)

everyone that posts on /m/ has actual autism

>no 8man
neck yourself

>all these characters on the right who are 'nice' so love interests fall for them and THAT'S IT
so boring

Dude, did you just put the TouMAN with all those beta faggots?

nice cherry-picking, faggot. not to mention that "then" is a much longer time span compared to "now".

Attached: image.png (260x540, 214K)

>Old good
>New bad
Fuck off

Did you have a stroke while writing this

Yea Forums tier thread, fuck off with your manime

>posting that one shit character with no redeeming qualities from shit manga with no redeeming qualities
what did Yea Forumsnon mean by that

Why is the truth making the otaku seethe like that?

Attached: 1539866126874.jpg (640x357, 35K)

>he still watches series with male characters
You deserve everything you get, hetshitter

>another fag with a hateboner that doesnt read it
This is getting old

>seethe
Cope

If you can self insert into a character then that character is good, I don't even know why people started using self insert as an insult after 2017.

Nowadays self insert seems to mean "character I don't like"

Deku's cute

Attached: image0.jpg (720x703, 151K)

What about female self inserts like this FAT lazy neet

Attached: lw9WOIv.jpg (1200x675, 78K)

>M-MIYAZAKI SAID SO
Miyazaki's movies are 'ok' tier for the most part and a lot of them follow a similar plot/formula I loved the wind rises though.

She's cute.
Based.

>Calling Yuta an anime protag.
Fuck off Yuta is a Toku protag in anime form.

Attached: Tank fight for love and peace.webm (640x360, 2.96M)

Yuta was Gridman's literal self insert.

>Joe
>Adult
He’s anything but that.

>people actually like this shit
It's just dudes in suits and really shitty special effects.

You can easily make a list of generic MCs from the pre-2000s too.

Attached: makotomizuhara2.jpg (259x234, 14K)

Kenshiro and Onizuka are overrated dickheads and fucking faggots. replace them with real men, like Hanamichi sakuragi or Rikishi.

>Sleeping on JUSTICE.
You deserve death.

Attached: A_simple_resolve.png (1152x1913, 2.25M)

At least he looks like an fucking adult instead of a highschool soi.

>the era of interesting and unique MC's is coming to an end
that will not happen as long as he is here

Attached: Shirou_Emiya.png (219x499, 84K)

>At least he looks like a fucking adult
He's literally a generic high school kid self-insert with no personality who gets isekai'd to a fantasy world, given unique powers and gets a harem

Attached: Elhazard.jpg (787x590, 115K)

Nips can't do live action for shit, their films suck and so do their tv shows.

Japs should just stick to anime especially since literally no one over there can act.

Let's talk about cherrypicking:
1- right is a homage to left arguably worse too
2- right is an empty husk and is also from a shit story
3- Adaptation from an old manga. Also consider that the production for crybaby was hardly normal in the anime industry. Netflix wanted to adapt an old manga.

-Main character vs Side character

Yeah but it's old so it's good. If it were new itd be bad

>Has never given up
>Growing harem
>Second physically strongest character at just 16
>Healthy rivalry built on mutual respect
>Legitimately underestimated in every fight
>Defeated a demon with his bare hands
>Mangaka will never shit the bed with O MY 7 QUIRKS tier writing
Truly a classic shonen MC

Attached: 56de4ff0d4d841088b053d567d3c1bdf-dbxpfnz.jpg (692x360, 134K)

Goblin Slayer is no different from your run of the mill harem MC. He even looks like a faggot too. The only thing different about him is that he kills tutorial monsters and tries to make it look cool.

Faggot.

based, and I bet you there are still people who will claim that anime didn't get more beta over the years

These threads are just cherrypicking, you can get your "manly" anime protags in any given season if you look for the right series, but its like you niggers only watch the most blatantly otaku pandering trash so you can come here and complain

you're trying to be contrarian if you literally convinced yourself that miyazaki's stuff is "ok tier"

Oh really post your superior western taste then.

Attached: Rabbit PTSD.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

>expecting the average otaku to have good taste
user, i..

Let me guess he is the inoffensive white haired one.

Yuta was based after Cliffjumper from Transformers which gives him a pass for a least having a background in his design.

Miyazaki should have stuck to TV anime since Future Boy Conan is the best thing he's done, and his movies are mostly rehashing the same message but without the memorable characters or nuance.

The creators are mentally stunted, that's why.

Cope harder.

It's ok, I didn't say it was bad or anything. But movies like Totoro literally just exist to keep toddlers entertained for a couple of hours.
Also this.

Friendly reminder that the people who make these bait threads with this image generally haven't watched or read even a quarter of the stuff on the left.

user, the person who constantly spams these bait images hasn't actually watched any of these shows, they just picked out a bunch of people who looked Japanese.

>right is 90% romcoms
>left is 90 action/adventure
No shit the characters change based on the genre that they're in.

Are there any main characters that wear suits and have sexy slicked back hair like this?

Attached: db9ljz9-bb01fd00-c351-43be-abcd-5ffea5ad0a7e.png (594x472, 25K)

He seems to be the red haired one.

that's why I like Konosuba so much

he fingered a loli too

>more works written by people that actually talked with female in their lifes and less appeal to sweaty perverted losers.
you, really, really can't

embarrassing

Who is top left for "anime protagonists now"

he's a qt

naruto

"false"

He's just autistic

we like chads

Attached: 01.png (889x1300, 652K)

All hail chad shonen

Attached: 1531332816050.jpg (1124x523, 95K)

youtube.com/watch?v=UgkyrW2NiwM

Any female protagonist of moestuff who can wear a bikini? I think No female protagonist can wear a bikini at all and wears an ugly one pieced swimsuit while only Superior supporting chars can wear a bikini. Like Comic girls,Milky holmes,GJbu,Pokemon sun and moon,Anima yell,Rokyubu,Gochiusa,Umaru,Toaru,Lucky star,Toradora,Henneko,Haganai,Urusei,Yuruyuri,Relese the spyce and more.
Why does Kadokawa have such shitty taste??

Attached: 66CC7842-AEF4-4018-A7CB-56206CF7C5C5.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

If Asta was a girl,could she wear a bikini?

I blame Shinji.

Attached: 1505018161910.png (1920x1080, 1.88M)

I'm gonna assume that's a clip that has a lot of impact if you watched what it's from due to build up. However, as someone who hasn't that clip on its own looks retarded. Is that thing supposed to be an AI that goes out of control kind of like GLaDOS?

I didn't watch 2001 yet the acting, the scene, the monologue everything is on point imo

>wow i watch shit series now and all the characters suck
read something good instead like peleliu oh wait you can't

Attached: 010.jpg (850x1200, 506K)

>selfinsertiest of all the guys
People have inflicted great anal pain on themselves trying to self insert as Subaru. He's a massive shit and most of the people assmad about the series are the ones who tried self inserting as the retard and couldn't because he's too much his own shitty character.

Any female protagonist of Moeshit who can wear a bikini so?

Attached: 754DEBC1-C6CF-494E-9F7D-AFE1E38A6881.jpg (552x1260, 151K)

self inserting is dangerous kids, don't try it at home

dead after the bubble crisis

Attached: 1544800105652.jpg (1920x1080, 172K)

Anyone that doesn't self-insert is a normalfag that must return home to reddit

Where the fuck is that shit of tatsuya, youji, basara, Issei, arata or izayoi in the right side?

>Let's talk about cherrypicking:
>2- right is an empty husk and is also from a shit story
Same could be said for left.
>4-Main character vs Side character
Reigen is the MC

>He was literally so Chad
>he fingered a loli too
Pathetic auto insert-fags
Overrated Shit Taste

>Asta
>Chad
Still a fucking shit as fuck

self inserting is for normalfags, normalfag
what, every story has to be about you so you can feel good about your life?
fuck off

Overrated shit main characters
Koyomi araragi
Keima katsuragi
Kyon
Hachiman
That autistic, sociopath of the elitist classrome

>having to rely on remakes of older stuff
Lmao, every time with you idiots.

Also I know you're stupid and new to the medium, but there were way less anime & manga from 1970-1999 compared to the last 10 years.

So? At the end of the day, the volume of generic twinks wasn't nearly as high relative to the alphas compared to today.

Also, even the twink losers back then were better compared to today's anime. Yota from Video Girl Ai is a far better, more likeable character than all of the modern anime lamp post MCs.

Attached: yota.jpg (300x232, 12K)

Nice bait

>has no argument
>can only resort to mindlessly labeling bait
How does it feel to be an idiot?

This.

Do I have shit taste for liking teen protags?
It's not like it's impossible to relate to an adult character too, even as a teen
What would be weird would be to enjoy only teen protags though

Auto insert into a loli.

Attached: heh.png (900x810, 696K)

And No female protagonist of Moeshit can wear a bikini at all.

Attached: 0DA1DB59-F54F-4C8C-B92E-B4BC0EDAD927.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

Kek. Today's female MCs are indeed more beta than past female MCs, too.

But Taiga and Misaka was a beta too. Cuz they cannot wear a bikini at all. Easy.was there any female Protagonist who can wear a bikini? It is easy for girls to identify if she is virgins or chad only by swimsuit.

Attached: DC73E463-578E-49D9-B9AA-082E65A96189.jpg (928x1280, 251K)

Because all the females are in high school

>Looks at OP
>A-1 Pictures everywhere
You did it to yourself

They are copy pasted, easy to self insert as "characters"

Eh, also Netflix entering, or Crunchyroll funding an "anime"

It's just pandering to new audiences.

Forgot Dr.Stone.

So, i guess Ryoko Matoi, Saitama, Tanya Degurechaff, and I onmly mentione the ones from threads spamming all over Yea Forums on daily basis, are not familiar to you?