This is it. This has to be it

This is it. This has to be it.

This is peak kino.

Attached: d1.jpg (1200x627, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UIAg-WhtjaA
youtube.com/watch?v=F3o39KZ9Hj8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Most of the millenial fucks here are too young to know what this is. If they do, they should be so lucky.

Millennials all want the D. It’s the generation after those boomers that have no clue.

Why didn't they ever make a sequel? Such a waste.

I mean it already is a sequel

>that Grove spirit form reveal
Gorgeous.

hollywood live action adaptation when?

>that soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=UIAg-WhtjaA

Attached: 1475888764145.jpg (238x200, 6K)

why would you want to bring such a fate upon it ?

Attached: 1539715459369.png (120x212, 28K)

>kino
Back to your containment board you go.

It is, but this board is filled with shitters that are too young and braindead to even know what this is .

fair enough. can't beat the D.

Better than 99% of anime. Especially moeblob trash.

*blocks your path*

Attached: Kaneda-motorcycle.jpg (3000x2580, 2.26M)

I miss the original Sci-Fi Channel. I watch this, Robot Carnival, and Lensman the first time on there. I waited like a week to get to watch it and nearly couldn't watch it because the satellite dish's motor died. I had my dad crank on it until the it was pointing in the right direction.

That was so long ago, it may as well be someone else's life.

Attached: 2346.jpg (640x393, 81K)

Dunpeal is supposed to be dhampir.

Wtf

Literally the only good thing about it is the visuals. The characterization and plot are trash, and so is the fight choreography.

But fuck me if the visuals aren't stellar. 6/10 for that, only.

Too bad the script is trash. I find Ninja Scroll to be a better movie overall despite not being as impressive in the visuals department.

So, are the novels good?

God I wish there was more of this castlevania esque dark fantasy anime.

>not
youtube.com/watch?v=F3o39KZ9Hj8

Attached: Vampire.Hunter.D.Bloodlust.2000.BluRay.Remux.1080p.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1.mkv_snapshot_01.07.17_[2016.05. (1920x1080, 1.09M)

That's not Violet Evergarden.

Attached: 1550763674674.jpg (1289x720, 430K)

I miss that qt jap who did shorts before anime films at night

IAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOUUUHHHHHHHHH
I love this song.

Is it true that the Markus brothers tried to rape Leila?

it's phenomenal, funny that the composer mainly just works on documentaries

That didn't happen in the movie. One of them dies before the castle, the other gets corrupted, and the last one suicides to stop him.

>This site requires macromedia flash player 5

Visuals were great, but I think the music was good too.

not everyone here is american you stupid burger fuck

kino is sitewide jargon dumbass. wat

They're pretty decent. Some are way better than others. However, you can tell that they're not all written at the same time. Like, the series is serialized in a magazine so chapters are published monthly or something like that, and characters and settings can change drastically over the course of a novel as the author absorbs other influences. Especially the ones where D fights invaders from space alongside some super vampire lords that are referenced in other books.

Didn't they fuck Leila at some point in the movie though?

In the novel all the brothers rape Leila so that she decides she can't leave the group and marry some guy in a village.

nope, no one smashed leila in the movie.

Wasn't it implied in some scene?

Not to my memory, but it's been a few years since I last saw it. IIRC the only thing she had with the brothers is that the astral projector in the hospital bed had a crush on her.

i loved the way they shot that guy with the slats of the window casting shadows across his face like blinds in a noir film

It looks amazing but it plays out like a 13 yo wrote it.

Attached: stairs.gif (540x297, 2.99M)

>directed by Yoshiaki Kawajiri
Almost a guarantee shit will be great.

>The characterization and plot are trash, and so is the fight choreography.
Holy shit this. The final fight was legitimately one of the worst I have ever seen. For me good animation and visual direction aren't enough to make up for the fact that the rest of the movie is total dogshit.

any recommendations after this?

Just saw it and the 1985 version back-to-back. Goddamn some of those scenes were spine-chilling. And what the hell are you guys on about the script? It doesn't match the quality of the visuals, sure, but that's more a credit to the latter than detriment to the former.

Nah. Grove has something going on with her, and she becomes a happy grandma by the end, but that's it.

Was there any CG in the movie? I know it's from the early 2000s, so it would probably look pretty obvious if it was there, but some scenes like the car and the mirror looked almost too fluid. Was it just super-smooth traditional animation?

No my friend you're in a error here.

Peak at Giant Robo OVA

The original suffered from this as well.

Anime in a nutshell.

The movies maybe, but can anyone speak for the books?

Attached: Screenshot (458).png (1034x2280, 2.86M)