Why doesn't Toei remaster Saint Seiya?

Why doesn't Toei remaster Saint Seiya?

Attached: 6315818-pegasus_seiya___saint_seiya_by_fernandohko-daysxkt.png (487x640, 451K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RrL-QjvJqoE
youtube.com/watch?v=1ED5WLJo7eI
youtube.com/watch?v=CX5GEaANm-4
youtube.com/watch?v=lCpda1td0dc
nyaa.si/?f=0&c=0_0&q=yoroiden
youtube.com/watch?v=a3EbPPDu45c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

with that shitty animation we have today? no thank you

Doesn't Saint Seiya have like five different fucking series? I don't even know if all of them are canon or from the same timeline or universe. I only like the original Saint Seiya and not all these new shit they've been pumping out.

It's already perfect

Fpbp. Classic Saint Seiya is perfect no need to soil it.

if it was't for Shingo Araki, i don't think the series would have such iconic style that still be recognize through generations

They can't do justice to the OST

FPBP

THIS
It's pointless without Shingo Araki and Seiji Yokoyama. Not including modern sensibilities can't handle Saint Seiya's sadomasochism

One of the saddest thing about "nerd" western fandom is how scared of new things they are. All people want is the same characters and the same story with a different paint. And sometimes you don't even need the paint.

This. Just look at Saintia sho, that shit is a slideshow full of QUALITY.

>Not including modern sensibilities can't handle Saint Seiya's sadomasochism
if dragon ball super can't show any single drop of blood, i doubt seiya can get away with it and saint seiya shown more blood than db

Fuck off. We've been waiting for the Heaven arc for over 15 years. We don't want more "alternative retellings"

Attached: Seiya-overture.jpg (825x464, 90K)

not until next generation is finished

why didn't netflix retcon Seiya into a spic?

It's not only the blood but Saint Seiya showed a lot of emotional suffering and disturbing imaginery that scared children and therefore made them rabid fans but the current rules of the global market is that everything must be bland and safe, with the MCU as the most triumphant example of the victory of the machine over imagination.

Attached: 1er mundo.jpg (474x354, 23K)

Why do people like Saint Seiya again? Nostalgia not allowed

i guess this is what happens when you go mainstream

I remember reading rumors of the Hollywood live action planning to make Seiya into a spic. I think it'd make sense considering it fill the diversity quota and Seiya is supposed to be a working class guy, his tanned skin mean he spend a lot of time under the sun in contrast to Saori's light skin and Kurumada is a big fan of leftist mangas like Kamui Gaiden and Ashita no Joe

Attached: Saint-Soccer.gif (280x212, 2.16M)

Manlyness

no need for sarcasm, user

jesus fuck no; it's like asking for a remaster of versaille no bara, why fixing something already great, even asgard is the best filler ever made.

Attached: NOPE.jpg (528x267, 23K)

Hot guys wearing metal skirts.

I feel the same way about all the good old shounen.
Unless they could receive the FMA:B or HxH treatment, why bother.
Kai was just a mediocre twist on the original and most full remakes are just terrible.
The old series were not perfect but overall they were still much more charming than their long running shounen equivalent of today.
There's no way they could improve or even match those old shows unless they really changed the approach entirely and went for a high quality studio and smaller episode count for a superior experience.

>faggot is a fan of leftist pandering
color me surprise

>Kai was just a mediocre twist on the original
not to mention the absolutely disgusting OST that removes all that good ol' martial arts movie feel. DBZ original soundtrack was all the spectrum of tense music.

>remaster = remake
The absolute state of this board.

Everybody liked Ashita no Joe, even Yukio Mishima was a fan and he was a right-wing nationalist.

Attached: mishima_yukio2.jpg (357x504, 49K)

Attached: Seiya macho.jpg (576x432, 35K)

>gets molested by Misty

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

i would only approve of a new saint seiya project if it was an ova and had the style and quality of overture or saint seiya hades (the first part)

You got it backwards

Attached: boobs_touch.jpg (300x226, 66K)

Is Saintia Sho the worst SS entry ever?

>Bland useless characters that remind us the vastly superior bronze saints
>side story that make us want to watch the original story instead
>derivative plot that doesn't add anything new or a creative twist to the SS formula
>DAT QUALITY
>Forgetable OST
>Promise girl power, give gold saint wank
>fanfic-tier plot

Attached: señorita saori.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

Sounds like Omega but at least Omega got some flashy episodes

>the green one wasn't even used
kek

It has been, twice.

man, this is so soulless, is like trying to imitate shingo araki style but fails at it.
Also why would Saori needs her private harem when the whole point of the saints is to protect saori?

for some reason Toei just went lazy and upscale the DVD files from Saint Seiya and the 2nd DVD release of Sailor moon to Blu-ray with some minor color correction and called it a day.

youtube.com/watch?v=RrL-QjvJqoE
youtube.com/watch?v=1ED5WLJo7eI

Is every Seiya fan just a dumb ESL poster that doesn't understand what words mean?

saint seiya main audience are spics

why saint seiya is so popular with mexicans? all characters look gay with those long eyelashes and they talk a lot about friendship rather than beating the crap of each other. mexico is known for how sexist it is yet they appreciate a gay show like saint seiya?

Wasn't her main stitch to be Deathmask waifu? He:s dead now

It's heavily popular in Europe and Brazil, brah.
They love homoerotic subtext.

they are already doing it

youtube.com/watch?v=CX5GEaANm-4

>ITT: people that don't know what "remaster" means

Is popular everywhere except US, UK and other English language countries.

Because other than the sanctuary arc it's fucking garbage.

Supposedly, these bitches's work is to clean the sheets, wash Athena's clothes, bath her virginal body and all that girly shit that manly saints can't do. They're glorified maids. YAS QUEEN, SLAY

well the US is reasonable since they took so long to bring it here because some random guy was suing the show and also
>AND I RAAAAN

Asgard chapter was good.

imagine if one of them is a lesbian having to bath her.

I genuinely enjoy the manga. Then again, I'm not the biggest SS fan.

Japan doesn't believe in lesbianism. Kurumada may be a fag but even in that case, fags hate dykes and the manga is written by Kuori

Why? Because the girls are cute or something? Or you're a gold saint fangirl? The latter sound reasonable, even if I find husbando faggotry as despicable s waifu faggotry, but there are tons and tons of mangas with cute girls where the girls are actually the center of the manga instead of glorified cheerleaders

Asgard is shit, bland cloths and repetitive "I'm evil because I had a sad past" flashbacks.

I do find the Gold Saints cool, but the Saintias are all getting their own little character arcs and the plot is not exactly linear or formulaic. Oh, and Mayura is fucking cool. I was expecting nothing and got something. But again, I'm not a huge SS fan or anything. I didn't see or read all the other Goldwank to get exhausted of it, as I assume others are. My last SS experience was Omega, and Toei drove that to the ground so hard it punched a hole to the other side of the planet.

Poseidon is underrated as fuck. Kurumada recently stated that he's planning a Saint Seiya Origin arc during the Poseidon arc, I hope this allow the fans to see the Poseidon arc in a new light. I'm curious with the role of my new waifu in this holy war

Attached: Ker.jpg (836x1200, 430K)

I don't think I like Kurumada's manga that much. Or at least visually. It has some strengths but for the most part it's very stilted. But take that with a grain of salt, considering I haven't read a lot of stuff drawn by him beyond the Pheonix Ikki arc.

Attached: u31.jpg (710x1100, 251K)

I've also never really forgiven him for doing a palette swap set of villains without actually explaining them. Especially as early as it was.

Also can someone tell me if it was run weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly in Jump? The chapters are usually 30something pages and I don't know if that's cause of the tankoubon scans or what.

Attached: t35.jpg (743x1147, 320K)

And this looks better. Like I can get the feeling of a dragon running through a horde of enemies. He's got great designs in the cloths as well which is a huge selling point for a lot of people.

Attached: z12.jpg (1420x1100, 944K)

But then I also get to THIS pose. A lot of his characters seem to do this pose at this angle. And the eyes drive me bonkers.

Attached: z27.jpg (710x1100, 347K)

It was run weekly. In fact, Saint Seiya felt like a rushed not well thought product during the early chapters because it was a rushed not well thought product. Kurumada was afraid of losing his spot in Weekly Shounen Jump after the Otoko Zaka fiasco so he retook a concept he made after watching Karate Kid, Ginga no Rin and reworked it into Saint Seiya.

Fun fact: Kurumada himself asked Shueisha to end Saint Seiya 10 chapters before the finale because he was exhausted for drawing all those complex cloths and he fell like he was about to die from stress. Then he has to rush the ending and we got the infamous Seiya's death. Kurumada promised some gold saint Gaidens for 1991 but until now he hasn't made even one.

>Fun fact: Kurumada himself asked Shueisha to end Saint Seiya 10 chapters before the finale because he was exhausted for drawing all those complex cloths and he fell like he was about to die from stress.
Was he doing these goofy ass God Cloth designs then? I get wanting to up the ante but he should have been careful when doing it weekly.

Attached: Pegasus_GodClothdesign.jpg (975x728, 278K)

Kurumada is an old-school Showa man. He wants to feel proud of his job and if that fuck his body beyond repair, so be it.

What's going to happen to her?

Attached: DxT0ZdlUUAA53Cp.jpg (1476x2048, 504K)

Probably going to appear in ND. She isn't one of the 108 spectres so her being alive doesn't contradict the official canon.

Fujos work fast. And yeah, there are 95% of chances that was made by a fujo considering it's Saint Seiya and Japanese male fanartists only make grotesque hentaiesque art

Do people like Athena? Her personality seems dulled later on from the amount I've read.

Attached: D21.jpg (583x908, 136K)

Attached: DxmtL1gVsAAzJ3s.jpg (1120x859, 279K)

>[Shooting Stars Intensifies]

Attached: x34.jpg (710x1100, 187K)

at least it has the best villain of all this universe

Attached: ret5yd.jpg (1224x4592, 863K)

>Greek mythology based peasants
While in the superior Japanese lore-based franchise
youtube.com/watch?v=lCpda1td0dc
nyaa.si/?f=0&c=0_0&q=yoroiden

Attached: 73206740_p0.png (1262x1004, 433K)

The best!

Attached: 1548121549854.jpg (1474x2048, 656K)

Because only spics care about this franchise. Not very cash money.

fuck man i really wanted this to be an actual remake, the animation was so good.

Also this here:

youtube.com/watch?v=a3EbPPDu45c

See and pic related.
It's not "only spics care about SS". It's "only burgers doesn't care about SS".

Attached: toei.jpg (650x960, 114K)

Dammm I hate this new amulet trend in new saint seiya versions. The giant boxes they carried on their backs was so much better.

>"Every non spic on the internet is a burger"

Why every damn spic thinks this?

Attached: 1548111609168.jpg (836x1115, 487K)

She's a chad in Next Dimension, but she doesn't show up much

Latin America, France and Portugal is a huge market. All these countries love SS.

Is this chick a spectre in ND?

But every non spic loves Seiya, mate. Only burgers doesn't.

She's from Saint Seiya Origins. It's Hypnos and Thanatos sister.

omegas best moments were during the worst arc lol. the chaos dunk from the og equleus and when subaru btfos the red guy with an uppercut right before he self destructs. the first two arcs were okay. fromthe moment they killed aria you could tell there was some executive meddling in order to keep saori alive/relevant. thats when the series REALLY went downhill honestly. like i wouldnt have minded them keeping saori alive but as a mentor to aria atleast temporarily. a lot of the characters got screwed development wise after the whole mars thing too.

False. Only success on latin lands, Portugal, Italy and France. Get real. And please don't come with any wiki source of information.

If by remastered you mean a clean version of the OG, I'd like to see, if it's a remake I'd rather not

Chinks really love Saint Seiya.

Is Origins a new thing that will never be translated? I guess it's my fault for being a burger

How convenient to forget the whole Asian market. And if you' putting Europaen and Latin America together, then you see the kind of places that don't know the series are burger related.

What Asian market? For real just give me proof from it making such success on these countries like China or Germany...Remember that just 3 european countries doesn't counts as a whole continent.

Unh, Japan?

They are the ones buying all the shit, user.

The manga was consistenly on the Top when it came out and it's widely known. You're just a burger ;)

>it's popular where animes have always been popular
Well, who would have tought.

China even has exclusive games made for the public there, look it up Saint Seiya by Tencent. Also very popular on Korea.

It's like a prequel side story that Kurumada released a while ago with only two or three chapters. It's not collected on any volume yet.

To be fair China has everything, illegally. But this doesn't proves that it is a big hit. Even small, seasonal animes gets games too.

It's the native land of the serie. Not even an argument, spic.

Where the fuck are their masks ?

At least the very final episode of Omega gave a nice closure to the entire series.

How does SAGA ROJO rank?

Where can i download the manga in english or spanish?

>ashita no joe
>leftist
Did you not SEE the nigger character nig out?

>Kanon
>Evil

Also, Rigel just want to dick Kyoko and Yohma was a childish asshole.

I like the current arc even though they went through many loopholes to not include the Gold Saints in Eden and even then, Mayura, Marin, June and Shaina could've been with the other girls since there's not much of a difference between them besides rank and philosophy. Fuck Shoko isn't even a real Saintia. She was trained by two regular saints, didn't attend the academy to be a maid and never did any maid job. She's just a maskless saint.

>But this doesn't proves that it is a big hit.
They already have a live action series commissioned by Tencent stated to 2019/2020. After Myths, China pretty much holds the series in its back. It was out in portuguese and spanish hours after its release. So yeah, maybe ask the group who does the spanish->english translations of Saintia Shô.unless they're buttmad of Ker literally stepping Shô's plot

He's just Evil Saga with a god complex controlled by his "sister"

Attached: SSO_02_19.png (934x1404, 495K)

Are you shitting me. The episode in which Aria dies is god tier. It's the first genuinely good Omega episode. Those and the post-twelve temples Abzu plot are the only thing that make the show watchable.

>I saw that attack before; therefore that allows me to just stand here and tank it with no damage
>now take my signature move for the 10th time and die!
Not even Kubo's asspulls are that lazy.

Is Lost Canvas worth a read after the part they animated?

If you don't have many feelings about Yato, Yuzuriha and can hold your share of bullshit after the battle in the Hades Castle, Italy literally went into the sky, sure. I don't hate it but it did drop its quality with those stuff and what they did to Temna. At least it has a serviceable ending.

But as for the Gaidens I only enjoyed very few. Most are pretty bland to disappointing.

The manga is about the saints after all but as an old fan, I'm pleased with Saori's character development

Attached: 17.jpg (835x1200, 829K)

Fuck off gringo. The Japanese student movement had signs saying "We are Ashita no Joe" too.

How do I get into SS?
Manga or anime

Kubo wish he was worthy of sucking Kurumada's cock

Kurumada was very influenced by the swordsmen novels he read in his childhood and the chinks could take SS as an animated wuxia. You know, the long hair, the fatal tecniques, the elaborated costumes, the homoeroticism, etc.

>tfw used to lie to my friends and claim I was a Virgo because my favourite saint was Shaka
pity it took like 20 years for deathmask to become based

I don't know much about the series, but Toei did a pretty shit job with Kai and shouldn't be trusted.

manga is ugly as fuck and anime has god-tier music

>Kanon
>Evil
hat's just the opinion of kerr

the actions of kanon speak for themselves, manipulation to poseidon to cause floods where thousands of people died, thanks to the whole army of poceidon was devastated.

Anime has strong point under it's favor, so I'd say start watching and check the manga later. Manga is essential reading to a fan because there's a lot of different details about important events and Toei is shit in keeping consistency.

I would like Saint Seiya: Lost Canvas to finish but unfortunately it’s cancelled. Also Cancer Manigoldo and Pope against Thanatos was pretty cool.

>this fucking thread
Wow, just wow. I've never seen this much ESLism gathered in one place and i'm a spic.

You fucks really mistaken remaster for remake?

Pegasus Cloth with manga or anime colors?

Attached: Blue Pegasus Cloths.jpg (1498x622, 576K)