Daily Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou Chapter

Final Story: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

Attached: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - c131 (v14) - p000x1 [Cover] [yugen].jpg (1001x1400, 523K)

Other urls found in this thread:

s2.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/a/image/1537/03/1537033841864.jpg
s2.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/a/image/1540/40/1540405886839.jpg
s2.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/a/image/1548/87/1548877467202.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - c140 (v14) - p137 [yugen].jpg (964x1400, 1.44M)

Attached: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - c140 (v14) - p138 [yugen].jpg (964x1400, 481K)

Attached: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - c140 (v14) - p139 [yugen].jpg (964x1400, 516K)

Attached: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - c140 (v14) - p140 [yugen].jpg (964x1400, 854K)

Attached: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - c140 (v14) - p141 [yugen].jpg (964x1400, 617K)

Attached: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - c140 (v14) - p142 [yugen].jpg (964x1400, 1.19M)

Attached: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - c140 (v14) - p143 [yugen].jpg (964x1400, 1.06M)

Attached: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - c140 (v14) - p144 [yugen].jpg (964x1400, 513K)

Attached: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - c140 (v14) - p145 [yugen].jpg (964x1400, 524K)

;__;

Attached: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - c140 (v14) - p146 [yugen].jpg (964x1400, 545K)

Attached: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - c140 (v14) - p147 [yugen].jpg (964x1400, 536K)

Attached: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - c140 (v14) - p148 [yugen].jpg (964x1400, 735K)

Attached: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - c140 (v14) - p149 [yugen].jpg (964x1400, 645K)

Attached: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - c140 (v14) - p150 [yugen].jpg (964x1400, 647K)

Attached: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - c140 (v14) - p151 [yugen].jpg (964x1400, 718K)

Attached: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - c140 (v14) - p152 [yugen].jpg (964x1400, 622K)

Attached: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - c140 (v14) - p153 [yugen].jpg (964x1400, 61K)

Attached: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - c140 (v14) - p154 [yugen].jpg (964x1400, 315K)

See you tomorrow.

Attached: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - c131 (v14) - p000x2 [Cover] [yugen].jpg (1002x1400, 406K)

Thanks, OP.
What a ride.

Attached: 1406257233516.png (500x500, 91K)

Thank you very much, as always!

I got scared for a second, thought it was a "tears in rain" type situation.

What a beautiful story, thank you very much.

>last chapter already
Where does time go?
Thanks so much for posting all these chapters over these past months, really appreciated it

thanks for the journey OP

Thanks, user. What a peaceful last chapter. Not as moving as the POV chapter a few days ago, but I didn't expect it to be. It was a great experience. YKK has definitely become one of my favourite manga over the last few months.

Also, even though he might not be here to read it, thanks to the original Yotsubanon. Your combined efforts to bring this manga to us each day are appreciated.

And, yes, see you tomorrow!

Final chapter already? I thought there 1 o 2 chapters left. I think this ending capture the Mono no Aware feeling pretty well, I felt a gentle and subtle sadness while reading it. I admit that the "Age of the calm evening" got me.

Thanks to you and the original Yotsubanon/Azumanganon (I'm often wondering how to call him, since I mostly refer him as OP and calling him original OP is weird.) for this ride.

Thank you!

Final story, and unless I just forgot about it, this is the first time I've noticed Alpha has metallic ear lobes where her earrings connect.

That's a part of the earring, I guess.

There is still an epilogue to go, so tomorrow will be the real end.

Oh ok, when Yokohamanon said "See you tomorrow" I thought he was just being poetic.

Also, I'm guessing SSR had the most votes from the poll?

Seems so. Most fitting thematically for the night of humanity, too.

It did when I last saw it, SSR was at 22 and planetes on 19 or 20.

The detail of parts of the natural world evolving as a memorial of sorts to humanity's presence is one of the most fascinating things to me about this manga's universe. It reminds me of the Nausicaa manga and the movie Annihilation, but in a more spiritual and thought-provoking way. Are there real-world examples of stuff like this happening? I know about natural roads that can form when people keep taking the same path through grass over and over, and of course there's ancient graffiti and artifacts with archaelogical digs, but is there something comparable we know about today?

Another aspect I really like is how humanized the AI are in this. Unlike most sci-fi, there really isn't a lot of technobabble or people talking about what defines being human. It's creeps through every once in a while, but for the most part everybody has gotten used to androids like Alpha as fellow people. Overall I think this series represents a future where AI are the final legacy of mankind. It's cool that instead of it being a universe where man has become a god by creating life, he's created a friend.

She's not the only one. The other robots have them, and Ayase too.

>Ayase too
Mmh ... that's an interesting observation.
What if ...

Indeed. I think an earlier chapter drew attention to them and Alpha's earrings, so I had just stopped noticing they all looked like that.

You're right! Was this ever brought up in these threads? Maybe it's just the style.

Attached: ayase_ears.png (301x249, 79K)

Nai doesn't have them. So it might just be a weird fashion trend.

To know if that one particular doujin was made by Ashinano, I'll post some pages. Hopefully they'll have enough info for someone to identify it.

Attached: cover_col.png (1057x1477, 3.27M)

Attached: backcover.png (1075x1477, 3.23M)

Attached: 86.png (880x1385, 598K)

So it ends.

Thank you OP, this is such a beautiful manga.

>enough info for someone to identify it
The style looks similar enough. Most information is the editorial notice on this page:

突貫工事 (Tokkan Kouji?) is supposedly a person's name. But google says it translates roughly to "Sudden construction work", so we can assume it's an alias of sorts.
ヨコ出し紀行 reads YOKOdashikikou (like in the romaji at the bottom) and is indicated as the work's title. It's a shortened form of "Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou".
The rest of the stuff is an address that I'm too lazy looking up the kanji for.
And, lastly, it gives us a release date: 1997. But you already knew that.

Thank god at least in the end author-san was kind enough to bring them together.
Thanks for great YKK winter, OP.

Poor Maruko though. She could be living there too if she wasn't so tsundere.

>Poor Maruko though.
She seems to be doing well in Yokohama.

bless you for these threads OP
are you gonna do the same thing with YKK's spiritual successor, Kabu no Isaki?

That guy was a lot younger the previous times she went there. How many years have passed? Sae is probably an adult now and Takahiro and Makki are probably in their 40s.

Archive links so I'm not spreading this out over 3 posts for no reason:
>chapter 0 - s2.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/a/image/1537/03/1537033841864.jpg
>chapter 33 - s2.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/a/image/1540/40/1540405886839.jpg
>chapter 118 - s2.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/a/image/1548/87/1548877467202.jpg

A quiet and melancholic ending. For some reason it reminds me of a quote from Lord of the Rings:
>Well, here at last, dear friends, on the shores of the Sea comes the end of our fellowship in Middle-earth. Go in peace! I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil.

I like how all the humans kind of just disappear off-screen, like they just faded away into obscurity, long past mourning. The fate of all humans; especially those without children to remember them much like how Alpha will remember those who lived for a short time on the Miura peninsula.

As humanity finally dies, I wonder what the robots will do with the world?

It's nice that it ends on a sweet, if still bitter, note that Alpha will not be completely alone.

Thanks Yokohamanon.

We'll be talking about that tomorrow.

Now tell me your theory. What's happened to the earth and humanity?
What's those human mushroom and living lamp post? And all these cryptids like Misago and flying fish? Does alpha series have something to do with all this?

>What's those human mushroom and living lamp post?
They look approximately like the Misago. So my theory is that she is going around, reproducing by dropping spores. When all humans are gone, her children will awaken and repopulate earth.

>And all these cryptids like Misago and flying fish?
The Misago is some kind of godess, a higher being.
Flying fish are just flying fish.

>Does alpha series have something to do with all this?
No, that was a red herring.

I can't believe is over already, i got tears on my eyes, im not sure if they mean im sad or happy.

Attached: 1549894522018.jpg (540x472, 54K)

At some point there was a huge natural disaster, probably with an earthquake and volcanic eruptions. This killed off a large portion of the population.

Robots are only robots in name. Their bodies are grown in labs and then "loaded" with the ability to think later. At least one of the labs was damaged in the disaster and the human mushrooms are partially grown robots. Maybe even after being exposed to other organisms, they grow to be more mushroom like. The lampposts are another bio-mechanical invention, though they are growing and spreading as intended.

Alphas are just prototypes. Misago is an even earlier model built before they had worked out some parts of the AI, like speech. Since they are partially biological, she has grown more animalistic to suit her environment over time.

Taapon is a sleeper ship holding all the equipment needed to make more robots. Some day when the environment has stabilized, it will land to start producing the next generation of robots.

I think alpha series is the trigger of human extinction. Human accidentally created something that surpasses human. The earth acknowledged the successor of human kind and decided to change its master.

Something struck the moon carrying some sort of mushroom alien that started taking the shape of the things around it.

Why is the Misago so into kids?

>Why is the Misago so into kids?
She wants to be a mother. (Just needs the right man.)

Thanks

>chapter 0
Wow, the art sure changed

It was around 12 years between them.

A lot of time spent drawing the same characters. I never noticed a sudden art shift, it was all pretty gradual, but seeing today’s chapter and looking back to the first its something.

Bump.