Is Godzilla anime really that bad?

Is Godzilla anime really that bad?

Attached: godzilla_netflix.0.jpg (1600x900, 141K)

It's CG.

>Written by a hack
>Toho asked for no kaiju fights in order to attract female viewers so not even mindless fun allowed
>CG

Attached: Godzilla1.jpg (416x237, 67K)

Yes. 3rd one is sitting on my drive since it came out and I still have no motivation to watch it.

It is not bad.
Its themes and message are something completely different to what people expect to Godzilla stories.
Here, the Godzilla is just something for humans to struggle against. It is not "character" in it's own right. Godzilla could very well be a hurricane or any other natural disaster and the story wouldn't change much.
And moth girls weren't enough to save it.

Attached: __mlana_and_mothra_godzilla_city_on_the_edge_of_battle_godzilla_planet_of_the_monsters_and_godzilla_ (838x1376, 576K)

First one was pretty meh, second movie was good. I'll watch the third at some point.

Attached: 1534336990038.jpg (334x334, 27K)

honestly thought it was alright. currently enjoying the dragon prince as well.

Moth P

Attached: 68825378_p0.png (1200x1600, 1.51M)

Sidonia CG was alright

>Toho asked for no kaiju fights in order to attract female viewers so not even mindless fun allowed
oh so it's a shojo movie

too bad dude, 3rd one is philosophy treatise

I overall liked it, but the anarcho-primitivism angle was really stupid.
Ghidorah more than well made up for it however.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Godzilla - Hoshi wo Kuu Mono [1080p HEVC][Multiple Subtitle].mkv_snapshot_00.40.33_[2019 (1920x1080, 187K)

I liked it.

Attached: 68878064_p0.png (2150x3036, 1.69M)

It's neat. Not your typical Godzilla movie and it's really more of a Moby Dick kind of revenge story which is amusing when you consider the basis for "Gojira". Line up a movie for nightly watches over three nights and you'll probably enjoy it since that's about enough time to digest the theme in each one.

>Godzilla could very well be a hurricane or any other natural disaster and the story wouldn't change much.
In this aspect it actually serves a role closer to the original version of everyone's favorite fire breathing lizard.

The first one is a slog. The second is pretty good. The third one is good as well and it was also pretty crazy.

>In this aspect it actually serves a role closer to the original version of everyone's favorite fire breathing lizard.
Yeah. But over time, it became all about big lizards fighting each other. The themes and messages disapeared. Which is what most people like.
Quite ironic.

Attached: fug the bug.jpg (948x1093, 169K)

Apparently idiot executives at Toho sabotaged it, telling Urobutcher he was not allowed to have any big kaiju vs kaiju fights; because then it'd apparently be too much like the recent Legendary movies. At the same time, it couldn't just be Godzilla vs humans, because then it'd be too much like Shin Godzilla. It had to be 'different'.

The prequel novel series is much better for this reason. It has everything that the movie trilogy wasn't allowed to have.

First was meh at best, second was much better, third is really good. What's ultimately working against it is the Godzilla name. It has the ultimate spirit and themes of the original work, it has giant monsters, but it doesn't have giant monsters fighting, and that's what most people go to Godzilla movies for. For what it is, it's good stuff, but most people don't want what it is, they want fights.

That said, it still really fucking irks to hear Urobutcher wanted Mechagodzilla City's turrets to be mini Mechagodzilla heads. Like god damn, that's such an obvious thing, hearing he wanted it too is infuriating.

Attached: Scarlet Godzilla Earth Atomic Breath 2.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

IMAGINE THE SMELL

Attached: 352.png (600x578, 616K)

Is this related to Shin Godzilla?

Is it born from the atomic radiations like Shin Gojira?

>third is really good
Usually people dislike the 3rd one the most, but I guess it is because is too psychological and doesn't have many fights.

And because it doesn't have a good ending.
While I can understand and accept the ending, it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

>good ending
I mean "positive ending".
The ending is clearly pessimistic one.

Attached: 1532305231449.jpg (675x955, 336K)

I like nihilistic endings, I hope to enjoy it.

I wasted hours of my life I'll never get back watching that shit thinking it'll get better as the story progresses. NOPE!

I don't know if it is nihilistic or not.
But I felt that it's message was heavily against "infinite progress" that our modern society is build upon.
Sure humans survived, but will only ever live in simple, subsistence life.
Godzilla takes away any hope of humanity becoming a great interstellar and powerful society.

Yeah it's shit and the only ones who like it are moth waifufags. That alone should tell you everything you need to know.

That's why they hired Mamoru Miyano for the MC and Takahiro Sakurai plays non-Spock

Kinda looks like Sin in FFX

It's not as long as you know what you're getting into.
>3DCG
>full scifi
>Gen Urobuchi plot

Attached: Gen Urobuchi bingo.png (835x650, 980K)

I guess this fits?

Attached: 1550788827079.png (835x650, 889K)

Oh wow, there's a betrayal and Saya's monsters? cool