Platinum End remains a disappointment

How does each volume sell less than the previous one?

Platinum End #1 (198,055)
Platinum End #2 (192,104)
Platinum End #3 (180,577)
Platinum End #4 (172,107)
Platinum End #5 (163,061)
Platinum End #6 (143,269)
Platinum End #7 (112,426)
Platinum End #8 (97,487)
Platinum End #9 (84,644)
Platinum End #10 (56,342)

latest volume didn't make top 50 in the second week

30k club here we come

Attached: 5193966-07.jpg (852x1280, 826K)

Attached: unknown.png (1035x593, 43K)

Axe soon?

I don't want them go retire with such a terrible manga fucking hell

It's their fault.

Because the premise is fucking awful, the MC is a wimp and the villain has no charisma. It's hard to believe that Death Note wasn't a fluke after this.

It's ending soon anyway, we already know about all god candidates, no need to axe it.

Bakuman was special though.

go read bakuman

Do you think it will last another year?

That shit wasn't anything special. It had some good ideas, and I did learn a lot about making Jump manga. However, the characters were pretty crap, and the "romance" was complete garbage. Some plot lines were interesting and I liked reading them, but others were trash and were a chore to finish. Overall a mediocre manga.

So, Hikaru no Go was their best, after all?

It had a different writer.

Romance was the worst part about Bakuman. So it was on Death Note. Somebody should tell Oba to stop writing romance subplots, he sucks at it.

There was no romance on Death Note

Don't say that. His next series is going to be a romcom if you jinx it.

Misa entire motivation was love, and it was pure cringe.

It was funny when creators of two most influential series in my otaku young concurrently choosed two currently most common genres to be their next projects. But then it made me curious about what they can pull from that and which genre will prevail in the end, Battle Royale or Isekai?
So this are results for Ohba's and Obata's Battle Royale project? If yo, that gives pretty interesting outcome for said question.

Who cares they should never ever make a manga together again.

Are they still yelling about how rich people are evil?

No one is reading the manga so who knows.

>this is still going
oh

Maybe, but that make even more interesting, that other author actually pretty succeeded with his Isekai project.
Does this mean, that Battle Royale genre is dead, or just Ohba and Obata creatively failed hard?

It was a complete failure from them.

I think in this case, the manga was just too preachy.
I only read up until they beat evil mcrichkid, but every fucking page of that shit felt like weird moral grandstanding from the authors.

I see, considering, that other author is relatively successful with his isekai project. It makes me wonder what would happen if him and Ohba with Obata switched said genres.

So how likely that Isekai genre would fit them better?