I thought all live actions were bad until I saw this movie

Hollywood movies aren’t my thing but I gotta admit, Rodriguez did an amazing job with this film. The characters are believable and develop nicely, the music is top notch, the action scenes are a treat to watch & the ending was poignant & kinda cliffhangery but extremely well executed. What an experience this movie was.
The manga series while still good, doesn’t hold a candle against the perfectly crafted narrative of its live action counterpart.

Just typing this makes me want to go to my nearest cinema to watch it again!

Attached: 46D564B6-9F57-4EB8-80E6-95B13B144AE3.jpg (800x450, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/a/search/text/Hollywood movies aren’t my thing but I gotta admit/
cinemablend.com/news/2467069/alita-battle-angel-is-overperforming-but-how-much-does-it-need-to-break-even
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You just wait for the Gokudolls live action. KINO!

Kino indeed!

Attached: D667FDF5-5481-4819-B5A1-1AE089605C9A.jpg (650x522, 71K)

Attached: A830F1A6-5CFB-4C6F-B0F7-1D217C93896A.png (800x450, 369K)

I thought all little girls were bad until I saw this loli

Attached: 1530398465427.jpg (836x1200, 106K)

>visible panties
>not a bad girl

I watched it, it's bad
The dialogue is embarrassing, the plot is unfocussed and all a setup for a sequel that it doesn't deserve, the acting is bad
The action fights are well animated, but have no stakes and no tension, it's just motion and noise
Stop trying to trick people into watching this, it's not funny

Remember Speed racer? That wasn't that bad actually.

The good kind of bad

Attached: coffee girls 2.jpg (2303x3300, 1.1M)

>The dialogue is embarrassing, the plot is unfocussed and all a setup for a sequel that it doesn't deserve,

You just described your average anime

Read the rules, noob. Talking about anime live actions is allowed

Wtf? You’re fucked in the head. I hope you’re just memeing

Fuck off shill

Attached: 2CDE4B70-6AA0-49C6-B001-23FE2F9FFE1E.jpg (958x539, 77K)

Did marketing give you the a-okay to say fuck?

Attached: christmas constanze.png (1000x800, 961K)

so how many post are you going to make about this shit? it has been like 20 already

This is pasta right?

1st time I made this thread

Yea Forums - live actions and shills

>he counted

Kek. Pathetic

Cool story Yea Forumsro

The music was trash it was mostly just generic orchestra music. They missed a perfectly good opportunity to try something different like some cyberpunk or any electronic music

Edgy^

there has never been a good live action anime

Fuck off, shill.

*Western live action anime

>Captain Marvel critics are throwing a fit about Alita

Why does Alita bother them so much? serious question

Based on a made in Japan series.

>What is Ricky-Oh?

Ah okay, thanks user

shill

Those eyes are uncanny. Stop shilling your shitty movie 24/7.

Attached: 2a0c94c8a1841492cf14f4dc2f6dd327.jpg (3330x2970, 3.42M)

>Dialogue was dogshit
>Too much budget for the shitty music they put
>All garbage actors but the father
>Multiple ??? Scenes
>Stupid fucking romance based off nothing took a lot of screentime

Expected a Battle Royale live action and got Hunger Games.

Attached: 1550723257033.jpg (632x488, 75K)

I can't get past the eyes, it just doesn't fit in live action. When will the normal eye version come out?

Western Fate adaptation when? That's the next logical step. Michael Cera can play Shiro.

Is this an ironic post? This has to be the most incompentent shill I've ever seen

Soulless post.

they look great in motion

Post a webm

Just go find one on Yea Forums

I remember when I said that soon enough this place will be plagued by live action just shills just like Yea Forums.
People laughed at me, said that live action based on anime would never catch on.
Well it's starting now, Yea Forums. The beginning of the end is here.

Sounds like copy paste.

I don't like that board, do me a solid. If I like it I'll watch it and buy the movie. Imagine that, shill successful.

>shills
Yeah except calling everyone around you as shills is Yea Forums behavior. But well.Yea Forums is Yea Forums after all.

boards.fireden.net/a/search/text/Hollywood movies aren’t my thing but I gotta admit/

So they pay you for each post, right? I'd tell you that things will get better, but you're a shill for hollywood which means I hope you and your masters die and rot in hell.

Because Alita remains feminine while being a strong female character. And being feminine for some reason enforces the patriarchy or whatever.

Nobody that paid to watch this movie actually likes anime

Yeah Yea Forums is turning to shit, Yea Forums is becoming Yea Forums, how does Yea Forums do it? Next you'll probably say I'm seething, or how will I ever cope.
It's getting boring seeing shitposters samefagging their thread with these demoralization posts every time.

What are you talking about? Yea Forums is on downhill for the past few years. Yea Forums is already the better board.

>no new IPs
>didn't bump the thread
Keep on fighting the good fight Yea Forumsbro, you're gonna make us based and redpilled some day.

After only watching the OVA, I gotta say this movie was a fun watch.
Alita's eyes in the trailer really bothered me but I didn't have a problem with it once the movie actually started.
Some of the dialogue is weak. Yugo is a cookie cutter teen romance love interest and it shows. He's the worst part by far but they managed to still give him a satisfying ending.
Not sure why user thought the music was great. It does what it needs to do but its generic.
The action is good, the story is good, Alita is good.
Also Christoph Waltz

until know mon ami

Attached: nicky-larson-tweet.jpg (640x348, 107K)

*now

It was bad and you should feel bad for liking it. I saw some positive reviews of it that praised the movie for being faithful to the manga, but it was more faithful to the freaking OVA with the scientist lady and her pointless OC plot. And sure there were a couple of cool scenes, and lots of effort was clearly put into making the characters look the part. Still doesn't change the fact that it was an embarrassing mess overall.

weebshill fuck off

Is this thread bait or shill?

No true Yea Forums's man will watch Alita because the people who made it doesn't understand what the big eyes in anime really is for.

They just thought, 'oh look, those weebs like big eyed girls. Lets make a movie with big eyed girls and take their money. But wait it's too big. Let's make it a bit smaller so that normal people might watch too.'

Attached: nano murder mode.gif (500x281, 1.98M)

>complaining about weebs on Yea Forums
Go back to your jazz threads, Yea Forums

Steve Buscemi Eyes

I'd say the Jackie Chan version of City Hunter was entertaining. But then that may have been more to do with Jackie Chan acting less like Ryo Saeba and more like....Jackie Chan in that movie.

The eyes were the least of that movie's issues tbqh. And you can always watch the camrip if you don't like funding hollyjews.

fuck off, pajeet. Your product is shit, and it's already failed and forgotten from most theaters.
You can now kill yourself and be forgotten forever.

How much are you getting paid to post this OP?

said nobody, ever.

Wasnt the Korean adaptation suppose to be pretty good as well?

no the jacky chan movie and the kdrama have just the name of city hunter, there is no elements from the manga

The spics who shill this on Yea Forums have outright admitted to shilling it for free

Is 3d imax worth it? Always thought 3d was a shitty gimmick

Just saw it. I've been an anime fan since the mid 90s and I literally never thought I'd live to see a genuinely great Hollywood adaptation of a manga. But somehow, that's what I just saw.

Either you're a paid shill or a falseflagger. No matter which one it is, this thread is shit.

I really don't get the complaining about the eyes.
She's a fucking cyborg. The eyes make her look like a doll. Her first body looks exactly like that of a mechanical doll.

Attached: 148f164a-c94a-4ddf-aa91-2a11ffc51b1c..jpg (521x522, 28K)

why cant mods just do their fucking jobs and delete these threads

Attached: check em.jpg (502x579, 72K)

The entire reason Hiro made 4channel was for advertiser money. They toss him a fat wad of cash and in exchange the marketers have free reign. Yesterday they had 9 threads up for over 2 hours and any thread made calling them out got deleted.

the dick thread is STILL up and its been up for over an hour all hope is lost

wow because theyre not against the rules thats why :)

>I really don't get the complaining about the eyes.
then congrats on being retarded and using your allegiance to big fat corporate cocks to refuse to learn grow up.

Bump

More weebs need to see this. (In cinemas ofc)

Just popping in saying its pretty good. Go see it.

>184976303
based

Futility.

It was a solid 8/10

Attached: 1550719443932.png (1907x791, 726K)

>thread's about to hit page 10
>Ranjeet panics and changes his IP to bump the thread

It was way better than I was expecting it to be. The source material was so easy to fuck up but I guess it's a good thing Cameron is a fucking weeb and a fan of the manga.

-Alita's eyes which people bitched about actually aren't that bad, you forget about them a few minutes into the film. The effects and look of the cyborgs in general are good, expect nothing less from Cameron. Only sometimes she looks a bit weird when she grins.
-The scrapyard could have looked a bit more fucked up but it was well done. Actually looked like the Scrapyard and not some generic cyberpunk city like the live action GITS Zalem looked great, they even had the wirrring sound the pipes going to the city made it the manga/ova

-fight scenes were well done. I was afriand that like most western produced action movies it would be a mess of jump cuts but it was fast paced and well done

-Panzer Kunst was well represented

-Story wise it was pretty much 50/50 split between the OVA and the first vol of the manga with Motorball thrown in.Some lines were actually taken verbatim from the manga, as well as the bar fight scene. I'd actually recommend it over the OVA desu.

-The pacing could have been a bit better story wise, and i realy feel like Yugo was the weakest link. They made him a bit more sympathetic than he was in the manga and he looks like he belongs in a fucking boy band.

-Zapan was PERFECT
-I liked Michelle Rodriguez as Gelda, wish there were more flashbacks of her training Alita in Panzer Kunst.
-Edward Norton actually looks not bad as Desty Nova but goddamnit he should have been eating Flan!

-Obviously they're setting up for a sequel and all signs point to it being the Motoball arc, since motherfucking Jashugan shows up and is name dropped, and she goes back to playing motorball after Yugo dies. Really hope there is a sequel

All in all this will go in the trinity of anime Kino with Speed Racer an Edge of Tommorow

Usually it is but if you watched Avatar when Cameron is involved it will be made for 3D rather than it being shoehorned in.

That's patently false

Just got out of the theaters watching this with a friend. It was an alright adaptation but not enough to be praised as something extraordinary. The fight scenes and acting were good but the scenes with Hugo were by far the weakest part of the movie along with the pacing and part of the screenplay. At least it got me interested in reading the manga, so I guess that's a good thing. The only real live anime adaptation that I watched besides this was Speed Racer with one of my siblings, but watching it felt like a punishment and we changed it to something else because it was absolute crap.

You are retarded.

It's actually really good

music sucks though.

Hugo fucking sucked, and the whole love angle happened way to fast granted even in the manga the romance was not a big deal so spending more time on it would have been a bore.

Bump

If you’re a true otaku you need to watch this movie xD

My dad said he liked the soundtrack and was going to buy it

I cannot admit anything because I have not seen the movie.

shill

>You just described your average anime
Yeah, i put up with it in anime, the magic of 2d makes it bearable. But in movie it's not acceptable.

Check these digits.

When is this getting bdrip torrents?

>Thread still up because doesn’t break any rules

Angry weebshills BTFOED

Attached: 537EA3FB-BEAD-472D-B7C2-35F212E3695A.gif (389x259, 992K)

I know, my dude.
Haven't seen an actual good movie like that in a while and, boy, let me tell you, it was really good.

>Just typing this makes me want to go to my nearest cinema to watch it again!
shill spotted

It was great. Please go watch it in threaters.

(OP)
Fuck off shill

>calling someone a noob
gtfo newfag Yea Forums is already shit enough without you

At this point nothing is bait.

>the acting is bad
just like anime

Amazing movie. I’ll definitely buy the blu ray collectors once they come out

The prequel tv episode is out now

>In cinemas ofc
what if I torrent it?

It surprisingly got the Kojima stamp of approval. He's been shilling this movie constantly.

Not that I blame him of course.

Attached: 20190221_022226.jpg (1080x405, 153K)

the eva live action will be kino

kek

The eyes actually really work in motion in the movie. Cameron knew what he was doing - it makes her design unique. Plus in the context of the story her fellow martians also have bigger eyes

Attached: 1550533049793.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Can this fucker stop goofing off and finish his damn game already? No wonder Konami ejected his ass.

Hugo ruined the movie. Prove me wrong.

>surprisingly
How? He has fucking atrocious taste and watches garbage constantly.

spotted the Yea Forums

>implying you aren't watching shitty anime each season

I bet you bought Metal Gear Survive

His character looking like something out of a Nick show ruined that subplot, but the actual cheesy and naive teen romance works

just got back, pretty good
i'm sure wayyyyy better than captain marvel

not him, pretty fun until the final boss

I liked it.

in a way it kind of pisses me off that alita turned out better than GITS... i had read the first book of alita in a store back in the days and thought it was too clunky, too much like a fantasy story rather than getting close to hard sci fi like GITS and being poor i decided to pass on it.

and yea Alita is a nice little movie, better than wahtever else was done in hollywood. like alita herself that movie is a lean, clean, fast paced machine.

>Fakku and literal astroturfing is allowed on Yea Forums
>seiyuu and ecchi manga aren't
This board has really gone to the dogs

what's with the shilling for this movie? it isn't even that good

James Cameron made anime real.

It's decent without being basically a complete rewrite which is considerably higher than you can say for the standard of western anime adaptations.

80% of this board today is /pol/, Yea Forums, Yea Forums and Yea Forums
Only about 20% of it is Yea Forums

it dragged the movie down, I just couldn't give a shit about him

>complain about the eyes when the trailer first released
>notice how weird whatshisface looks like at the ends of the movie with his human head and cyborg CGI body
It's a stylistic choice that I understand now, it's like if Gollum was a waifu. The face is very emotive and the character seems believable in the world it inhabits. 7/10, honestly for me it's an 8.5 because a lot of the things I liked in this movie are things that I hated in ScarJo GitS

Attached: 20190219_102257.jpg (1080x1631, 486K)

Have you been living under a rock? Literally everyone is saying that.

>guys her eyes are retarded because they're meant to be
nice one dude, really got us there

>mildly enjoyed the movie
>all these ironic shillposters and unironic shillposters making any discussion of the movie impossible
Well this is just fucking swell

Attached: 1550457296544s.jpg (101x125, 3K)

>flopping domestically
>flopping in Japan

Let's see how China does.

>wojak
Starting to see more and more of these.

There shouldn't be any discussion of this movie. It's a fucking travesty to the original work.
It's basically DBZ Evolution except for Alita.

>Fakku
>allowed on Yea Forums
Not even close. However, the mods are cunts and leave the threads up for hours to fuck with us.

isnt the japan release tomorrow?

>flopping so bad it's not even released yet
JUST

Today.

>An Americanized "based on" movie turns out to be an Americanized "based on" movie
Stop the fucking presses
Were you expecting a 3.5 hour adaptation that would still require 4 sequels to fit the remaining plot?

Attached: brainlet.jpg (1170x1051, 155K)

Does Edge of Tomorrow count?

It is already ~3PM in Japan.
Not sure where that user is getting his info though.

It is fine and has parts that are fun.

No because it's based on a book.

I want there to be a sequel and to see more Nova in it.

Then you'll have to make the movie profitable.
It's currently missing about 400 million from breaking even though so...

>missing about 400 million from breaking even
Where the fuck do you get these numbers?

so that's why weebs keep sperging about frogs
kek

It has china and japan this weekend. Those could do it

just google articles about it at the box office, with its budget people put the break even point around 350mil and profitable around 500

>It's currently missing about 400 million
why that much? isn't the budget like 120 million?

Production budget = 170
Rule thumb says marketing is double the production budget
Theaters take half the money
Taxes take another fifth

Do you know what a "budget" is?

Do you think every dollar from the movie theaters go to the movie?

Its not entirely inaccurate, just not confirmed.
production budget was 170 million.
marketing usually slaps another 100% on top of that, getting us into the 3-400~ figure
current box office numbers are around 150M.
It'll probably break even, profitable is another question though.

But its a Cameron passion project, and he usually gets to make what he wants.

here you dumb fags

cinemablend.com/news/2467069/alita-battle-angel-is-overperforming-but-how-much-does-it-need-to-break-even

China is pretty nuts about this movies. They will bring in A LOT if dosh.
t. currently live in China due to work.

aren't there a few mega movies dominating their box office from the lunar new year weekend still?

The only really big one is Wandering earth, and it's been running for several weeks now. Everyone has seen it already.

I thought it was a solid 6 or 7/10 overall with the cgi being 10/10, but I went to see it 3 times (not like that will matter at all) just because I want more good quality adaptations in the future

alita a CUTE

Attached: 1542977454870.png (650x522, 397K)

Thanks for the corporate shill

The issue is in the core premise of making a "Based on" americanization.

>mom and dad went to see it
>they liked it
>mom asked me to get the "comics" for her
oh no

Attached: 1515964837687.png (1983x1353, 2.18M)

Ok, but is it good?

That's the booked seats Alita for today in a local Chinese theater.

Attached: Alitabooked.jpg (951x1280, 72K)

Yes.

It's not bad but a very loose adaptation.

>all those empty seats
OHONNONONNONO
Not even
NOT EVEN CHINA WILL
OHONONNONNO

Allowing live action on Yea Forums was a mistake.

I hope you're not referring to the first three rows, because not even chinks are retarded enough to sit so close to the screen in a fucking IMAX.
Besides that, almost everything is taken.

It actually was. You can't make shill threads if the LA gets shut down immediately. Janitors should clean this shit up immediately.

Doit.

this is a Yea Forums tier thread, why do you even care if some shitty movie does well in China or not

>you're one of those people that sit in the break your neck seats
yikey

I wish my mom read comics. Mine refuses to read anything with pictures in it.

wahhhh wahhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhh
this is literally manga related either so stfu or start posting loli to kill the thread

>this is a Yea Forums tier thread
What gave you that idea? Yea Forums is known for not forcing their shit down everyone else's throat and being a good board.

this isnt 1993
anime/manga isnt a "muh secret club" hobby anymore

>muh secret club
Every fucking time.

The Bleach Live action is pretty good though.

Gunm was better.

>shill doesn't know what shill means
You can't make this shit up.

Where the fuck is the loliposter when you need him?

sup shill

Can't make this shit up indeed.

indeed shill, indeed.

The only thing I'm doing about this shit right now is reading the manga. Hollywood can go fuck themselves. I hate live-action.

Agreed, and then some more. I loved it.

Nah chef
These replies are retarded