Disableds in anime

>Character is a disabled with a fake limb or in a wheelchair
>Still allowed to do action hero things, at risk of becoming even more of a disabled

Why is this allowed?

Attached: jet-preens.jpg (628x478, 48K)

Yet you post here

Everyone on Yea Forums is a mental disabled, user-kun

Why do you think we watch the anime?

>disabled
>turns out she wasn't and it was all magic and she gets her legs back

Attached: [Shirσ]_Yuki_Yuna_is_a_Hero_06_[Blu-Ray][1080p][Hi10][183EACF3].mkv_snapshot_10.50_[2019.01.16_11.1 (1920x1080, 123K)

That is so fucking bullshit

Everyone still ate it up, and then there's pic related.

Attached: [Shirσ]_Yuki_Yuna_is_a_Hero_08_[Blu-Ray][1080p][Hi10][1C586269].mkv_snapshot_14.41_[2019.02.05_19.2 (1920x1080, 208K)

Justified in beeboop since it’s the future and they have functional artificial limbs

Are characters like Jet in Cowboy Bebop and Ed in Fullmetal actually disabled, since their prosthetics act just like real ones in muscle strength?

>disabled
He's got a fucking cyborg arm, if anything he's more able than he was before

this nigga

Attached: grasses.png (229x229, 106K)

Party's over?

Thats not true, the doctors told me im not retarded.
Though he was speaking very slowly for some reason

>disableds

Attached: 88d38438ebc8bba76b673dde2fc2b4dccfbead15_full.jpg (184x184, 10K)

Jet? No
Ed? Yes
I'd argue that Ed's arm is actually worse than his regular arm. If gives him additional utility by being able to transmute it as a good source of hard material, however it's constantly breaking and being strained.
Jet, on the other hand, his arm is never shown to be under any more stress than his body normally is. Plus, there's the technology difference. Tech in FMA is nice, but I doubt it stands up to Bebop's sci-fi gear.

yes.

Ed's arm is someones inconvenient but its still better than a normal arm(for a soldier anyway)
there are like 5 or 6 times through out the series where his arm or leg was destroyed and having a flesh and blood limb would have killed him.

>blind
>deaf
>no hands
>no feet

Attached: 96247l.jpg (424x600, 106K)

Ed's arm still gives him phantom pain, and has to be regularly maintained in order to function.
Its also made out of metal, which suffers fatigue, which is why it regularly breaks in hard use.

Then again he tends to treat it like a disposable limb. Like some other characters do, like Gally in GUNM.

He's basically using a top of the line automail arm and leg with free maintenance. Being a personal project for a fledgling mechanic has perks.

In regards to the main premise, most action heroes with replacement gear are stronger after the replacement, not weaker. The disability they have is linked to their history, not their capability.

Contrast: Guilty Crown's Ayase, the Paraplegic Endlave pilot. For all the flaws of the show, her condition impacts her life greatly, and puts her in a curious position where, though she's remotely piloting her equipment, she's as vulnerable as a traditional mecha pilot simply because when her machine is incapacitated, she's virtually helpless.

Another unique example is the soldier opponent that Junkdog faces in Megalobox: His missing legs give him greater speed and make him harder to read, but also leave him with critically low stamina as the interface tears up the anchor points when abused in the ring.

The point I'm getting at is that a character doesn't become useless after an injury or illness: Even in the cases where they are less than able bodied, they wouldn't continue to "hero" if they were entirely invalid. They still have something to contribute.

>Being this offended

Attached: 1382916184660.gif (500x281, 1003K)

God I wish that were me.

>no voice and he must scream

>17%

Attached: tumblr_mxra8wTPYU1qbmzejo1_500[1].gif (500x281, 1023K)

what Anime?

>tfw you wish your learning disability made you a cool anime hero instead of a slow learner who had to take remedial math 3 times in community college

Juuyon Hachijuuhachi

Do you think Guts smokes drugs for his pain and ptsd?

Because Zeon is scum

he puts his grasses on to combat his agony

Attached: Kukaku.jpg (774x1000, 404K)

I bet he was a huge weedhead

What do you mean "allowed"? Who's going to tell Jet not to do action hero things?