Why is Ryoko so perfect?

Why is Ryoko so perfect?

Attached: c8427a6834de5e94071d7046993b6e3a.jpg (440x530, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com/p/true-tenchi.html
youtu.be/4NSMR5iNf8I
vgmdb.net/artist/5222
youtube.com/watch?v=fBqyQaD0r1M&index=7&list=PL8B6907DA727BB891
youtube.com/watch?v=U2OXTryxBtg&list=PL8B6907DA727BB891&index=29
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com/2017/03/tenchi-muyo-in-love-2-tenchi-forever.html
uselesstenchi.org/Forum/index.php?topic=1398.0
youtube.com/watch?v=IgG46p-HpTA
youtube.com/watch?v=u60B7C8Psgc
youtube.com/watch?v=1pMy_NBO4PU
youtube.com/watch?v=kTh6VnH7Ogg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>space pirate
>Always chill
>Naughty and pervert
>Hot and skinny
>Cute ears
I can't even list everything! It's too much! But it isn't for nothing that she's my eternal waifu since childhood.

Add to the list
>wants nothing more than to become a loving housewife
She's lucky she has Sasami around, I bet she can't cook worth a damn.

It's crazy how old this show is and ryoko is still better than almost every modern anime tomboy. Show was ahead of its time

Attached: JPEG_20190216_194332.jpg (1024x497, 52K)

>the old foxy woman corrupting the innocent young stud
If you need to ask, you just don't get it.

Attached: best_girl_wins.png (1129x769, 731K)

>tomboy
She is just unsophisticated.

I always loved that dress of hers, so comfy

I still rather hope Tenchi Muyo did not go the harem ending. I was very adamant that Tenchi being the normalfag highschool boy that he was will not fall into the traditions of the Jurai and that Ryoko was the one for him. I understand that there are creative differences between the creators and their own visions. I just was not into the whole IF doujin scenario and polygamy. Not in a wish-fulfillment way, but Tenchi finding himself while also accepting Ryoko for who she was.

Attached: 1437527387560.jpg (574x409, 112K)

As far as I'm concerned the series ended with the last movie when they FINALLY, fucking finally broke the Ryoko/Aeka balance with Ryoko being the only one who could go save Tenchi from the /ss/ dream woman. Up to that point they were so insufferably consistent with the "if ryoko ever got a one-up or minor interaction victory, then aeka had to get one too, and vice versa" shit.

She's legitimately funny is why.

>I bet she can't cook worth a damn.
It can't be helped. She literally has almost no sense of taste. She'd mix up the salt and sugar and never know it after eating.

Costume design has always been a undersold strength of the Tenchiverse. See the Masaki Happi. Her Cat's Eye suit is my favorite.

Attached: [Koten_Gars] Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki OVA - 12 [BD][h.264][1080p][FLAC] [70AE6AB3].mkv_snapshot_14.48_[ (1448x1052, 2.85M)

Tenchi Forever was the last movie, right? I've only gotten around to seeing it a few years ago. Along with given Tokyo another shot. As a stand-alone series, it was that bad. Older now, I accept it even with the silly reworked origins, and personality shifts.

Too bad she hasn't been given anything to do since OVA 2. She's practically a non-character at this point.

One reason I was disappointed in the 3rd series. I still have not gotten around to watching the 4th series episodes.

I never read the Tenchi novels but the whole time watching all the various OAV/TV series I felt like I was missing half the details, like all these characters and events were referenced like I was supposed to know who they were and it just felt like half of what was going on was never adequately explained.

Well she did use carve graffiti into the Death Sta-Chobimaru.

>I never read the Tenchi novels but the whole time watching all the various OAV/TV series I felt like I was missing half the details, like all these characters and events were referenced like I was supposed to know who they were and it just felt like half of what was going on was never adequately explained.
I really hate to be THAT person, but READ THE FUCKING NOVELS. Of the original 3 Shin novels at least the last one concerning Washu. The 24 episode GXP anime might as well have have been a 6-chapter OVA for how much of the original storyline was adapted. It took Kajishima like 5 years and 12-13 novels of rewriting to get it to the point he was satisfied with. Even so, if you have any questions that bugged you ask here, and I can probably answer them. The spinoffs stand alone better than the main series.

It's kind of a shame, but pretty much all of the antagonists have all been defeated by now. Tenchi and his harem have already superseded their multiverse's most powerful deities. Hopefully when OVA5 is released things will get more exciting for the main cast when they start having and raising Tenchi's kids.

Attached: [Henshin]_Tenchi_Muyo!_GXP_15_(DVD_x264_720x544_FLAC).mkv_snapshot_19.12_[2019.02.21_02.26.54].png (725x544, 519K)

>I really hate to be THAT person, but READ THE FUCKING NOVELS.
Fuck you. Seriously, fuck off, dipshit. If you can't make an anime that can stand on its own without having to be intimately familiar with its source material, then DON'T MAKE A FUCKING ANIME. Stupid dipshit.

>Fuck you. Seriously, fuck off, dipshit. If you can't make an anime that can stand on its own without having to be intimately familiar with its source material, then DON'T MAKE A FUCKING ANIME.
Don't blame me.

Attached: nabeshin-puni-puni-poemy-3.34.jpg (210x240, 13K)

Chill, you were not the only Tenchi fan back in the early aughts that got angry being lost in the 3rd OVAs. I had no clue they were a thing. My weebness was still normalfag tier during that time. No way fans at that time could dig up fan translations that easily.

It really was the localizers duty to also carry over the supplemental works for fans. Or at least make them aware of them existing.

>Not Washu.

>Chill, you were not the only Tenchi fan back in the early aughts that got angry being lost in the 3rd OVAs.
It was real fucked up. No one should have had to go through that but if we're being honest they probably shouldn't have even localized what they did aiming toward kids back in the 90s. We really had no idea how deep the pool actually was at the time. Even now though I question WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL MISAKI?

>It really was the localizers duty to also carry over the supplemental works for fans. Or at least make them aware of them existing.
They are only, what, ~20(?) years late? Give them some slack, then there's only 17 more GXP novels to localize and they'll be all caught up.

Attached: 9781626926172_p0_v2_s1200x630.jpg (448x630, 95K)

Attached: 1437534105653.jpg (632x478, 41K)

>Gobbing over the "1980s troll doll" that is Ryoko

The delusion of toonamifags.
Tenchi Muyo was probably the one show you idiots were unable convince me that it was worth watching.

Looks like trash.

Attached: literally ryoko.jpg (727x1024, 129K)

>toonamifags
Try again zoomtard.

Attached: sci-fi.jpg (259x195, 8K)

Localizers are averse to long series. Probably the only reason seven seas licensed Shin Tenchi Muyo is because it is only 3 volumes. Unless STM sells like gangbusters (and it won't) they won't do GXP.

This user knows what's up. Kain was the best villain in the entire franchise after Kagato. Yugi is a close third.

Even though you're right, it's still a shame considering how consistently well the GXP novels sell in Japan.

Attached: [Daman] Tenchi Muyo! In Love [1080p_Blu_Ray_Dual_Audio_FLAC][E76066A6].mkv_snapshot_01.07.52_[2019.0 (1872x1072, 2.96M)

[spoilers]I work for one of the major American publishers.[/spoiler] Tenchi lacks brand awareness with the zoomers, and they're the audience that buys most light novels. Older series that get licensed come out here and die, because the core audience of those older shows has moved on, or is conditioned to pirate all their anime since that was the norm back then. Long series are especially bad, because with any given series, every volume after the first will usually sell worse. New volumes coming out will drive people to the first volume of the series, but that bonus-sales effect gets weaker the longer the series is. So when something is longer than 9 volumes or so, people are going to be very hesitant to do a license rescue. It's why, for instance, you're getting classic editions of Leiji Matsumoto's shorter works like Harlock and Yamato being rereleased, but nobody wants to risk Galaxy Express, as it's super long. Moreover, localizers don't want to risk the ire from fans by licensing a series and them dropping it like it's hot when no one buys it.

Kain came off as some cosmic horror that really needed some more back story. Was to cool for how little screen presence and story conflict he was the main plot point of. Also, the bounty hunter that Ryoko faced. Was he voiced by some famous actor? He literally offered nothing to the story besides dropping some plot devices about and wanting revenge from Kain for destroying the Galatic Police HQ before dying.

>Tenchi lacks brand awareness with the zoomers, and they're the audience that buys most light novels.
Did not know this. Well it's nice to know there is no hope so I can set my despair levels accordingly and use OCR/Google Translate going forward.

>Also, the bounty hunter that Ryoko faced. Was he voiced by some famous actor?
That's quite possible. This was back when AIC had a budget and thanks to then-Pioneer's backing they had industry connections so the film's score was produced and written by some pros in Los Angeles if I remember correctly. The OST was also released on CD in both Japan and the United States which was highly unusual for an anime at the time, arguably even now.

I wish we had a mini-series of these two.

Attached: 1437613967008.jpg (1091x795, 186K)

There's always the Mihoshi Special I guess.
Even though it's ambiguous in time who actually came first, I sometimes wish they had just made Kiyone (Red Hairband) her partner in the OVAs proper instead of Noike.

Attached: 35179990_p0.jpg (521x685, 243K)

Learn to read you retard.

This is why Universe is the best timeline

Is Tenchi Muyo worth of watching?

Am I the only one who prefers Universe over the OVAS? The OVA timeline turned into a complete mess, specially after the third one where Tenchi gone full psycho pervert and fucked everything on his sight, even the space cat!
Universe at least got better stories and adventures and didn't spammed gods out of nowhere.

she's a pirate
from space
and is fun

>specially after the third one where Tenchi gone full psycho pervert and fucked everything on his sight, even the space cat!
Considering the series was conceived as a true harem series before the tropes associated with the genre solidified with OTP + all other reindeer around the time of Love Hina it has stayed remarkably fresh. Also you'd give the cabbit your carrot too, don't lie.

>Universe at least got better stories and adventures and didn't spammed gods out of nowhere.
Universe is a better self-contained program and the filler in it is some of the best in the franchise. That one episode late in where Sasami meets a Spirit Girl on an abandoned spaceship and wonders off to have fun while Washu and the rest search for her and play Ghostbusters was wonderful.

As much as I love the franchise it's a big time sink at this point built on decades of clusterfuck backstory, branching TV spinoffs, light novels, Drama CDs, official manga, and dozens of semi-official doujin supplemental material because the author is dead set on finishing this magnum opus if it kills him while Studio AIC has almost no budget to work with. Most everything is basically (fan)translated at this point though, so it's not in the realm of unobtainium for non-Japanese fans but most fans nowadays started getting into it 20 years or more ago. Because of it's vintage however the creators established quirky versatile characters that only exhibit the most primitive of traits that would get railroaded into shows of it's type later on.

Attached: Tenchi_IF_V_010.jpg (1280x1824, 551K)

this

First crush I ever had.

Attached: Ryoko 10.jpg (1448x1052, 157K)

God damn this is disturbing. I loved that spaceship cat. She was cute that way, before the author fucked up turning it into a sex creature.

Gotta love that look, that smug and those space tiddies...

Attached: Ryoko.jpg (599x451, 58K)

Where can i read the novels ?

S-stop...

>Go ahead user, rub the lotion in.

Attached: c531a5d241c10fe921c1c0fe13ff1643.jpg (771x1357, 569K)

You meant Sakuya right? Ryoko is old and busted.

>God damn this is disturbing. I loved that spaceship cat. She was cute that way, before the author fucked up turning it into a sex creature.
Screw you, it was shown abundantly clear that she had strong feelings for Tench way back in OVA2 and deserved to receive and Tenchi's consummated affection. Remember she, Ryoko, and Washu are all mentally/emotionally linked. Moreover Ryo-Ohki can transform between both forms at will so TM! lets you have your cake at eat it too. Also her younger sister is even hotter.

The 3 mainline True Tenchi novels are getting full localizations (first two are already out and the last one scheduled for March). The GXP novels have fan translation/summaries available here:
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com/p/true-tenchi.html
There's actually more but they are spinoffs/not really important.

Attached: page_30.jpg (1046x1517, 622K)

Where do you want me to rub you..the lotion, miss?

There is none of this degeneracy on the Universe, thank god.

Elite taste.

Attached: [Saier-Tenchiforum.com] Shin Tenchi Muyo! SP4 (DVD H264 Hi10p AC3) [49C10678].mkv_snapshot_03.54_[20 (960x720, 1.56M)

I miss those simpler times...

Attached: 1548035773073.gif (500x375, 204K)

Thread theme: youtu.be/4NSMR5iNf8I

Attached: 944290-ryoko001.jpg (483x640, 39K)

mah nigga

Attached: 1546129889392.gif (500x363, 320K)

Was on my playlist already.

Agree. Ryoko wins and the story concludes in satisfactory way.

Yeah, I also prefer the self-contained aspect. And the small details that make the whole thing different, like Ryoko being a normal alien instead of an experiment of Washu. Besides, Tenchi Universe ends with Tenchi in Love 1 and 2, and those are in another level of kino.

The majority of the original soundtrack was composed and arranged by Seikou Nagaoka who's an extremely prolific music producer: vgmdb.net/artist/5222
Literally every single BGM track is a damn masterpiece.
youtube.com/watch?v=fBqyQaD0r1M&index=7&list=PL8B6907DA727BB891
youtube.com/watch?v=U2OXTryxBtg&list=PL8B6907DA727BB891&index=29

You may not want to read this but in the novelization of the 3rd Movie that ends the Hasegawa-verse, there is an epilogue chapter that is set several years in the future which says that Tenchi chooses none of the women for an unnamed female and has a daughter with her.

Attached: 72455904_p0.png (720x540, 348K)

Attached: 1544845119648.jpg (1000x1000, 282K)

>that spoiler
Somebody is going to die tonight. Ryoko won the Tenchibowl in Universe and now I'm discovering that it wasnt true?

>oni
>also an alien
Just another green haired Lum knockoff with Sonic hair.

>novelization
Is that a canon novelization or not!

Please respond.

Funny you should say that since she first debuted in a freeze-frame of an episode of Ranma 1/2

>according to the afterword, Hiroshi Negishi considers the novel the complete version of what was supposed to be in the movie
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com/2017/03/tenchi-muyo-in-love-2-tenchi-forever.html
uselesstenchi.org/Forum/index.php?topic=1398.0
I got the Negiverse (Universe/Movies 1+3) & Hasegawaverse (Movie 2)'s mixed up, but there you go straight from the horse's mouth. Try not to think about it too much since it's way too early in the morning to already have your day ruined.

Attached: Ryoko_Hakubi.jpg (220x170, 9K)

Still waiting on an explanation for that.
Have a screenshot for slightly larger ants.

Attached: Ranma.S6.14.(Dual.Audio).H264.[AM].mkv_snapshot_13.35_[2019.02.07_17.04.47].jpg (576x432, 119K)

How can someone shit on his own serie that much?? It feels like Akira Toriyama

>Try not to think about it too much since it's way too early in the morning to already have your day ruined.
Too late senpai. I love the OVA continuity even with all the clusterfuck that it is. But I adored Universe because it was self-contained, Ryoko was the only winner in comparison to the harem ending of the OVAs, and the two great movies (Tenchi in Love 1 and 2) And now everything is lost.

Attached: 1540954245029.jpg (1623x902, 437K)

>Akira Toriyama
At least Toriyama respected End of Z, even with Super. And there's a few good things. This is just wrong.

Respected? Not sure. There's still doubts about it and now it's a complete mess. No one knows what is canon anymore. Now there is manga and anime being different.

...At least I know what my waifu is single. Still sad about her anyway...

The more I learn about the extended lore the less I care about the Tenchiverse.
This series is best when you just take the anime at face value.

>my waifu is single
She's waiting for you.

Can someone tell where there is more about the Universe's universe that I can read/watch about it?

>No one knows what is canon anymore. Now there is manga and anime being different.
The script of Toriyama is canon. The manga and the anime just adapt the script with different details but the main story is canon.

Ryoko, you don't deserve something like that. Wait for me, I'm going to find you.

The napkins are the truly canon. And hands off! She has been my only one waifu since my baby years!

I keep looking at the stars every night but not happens...

>The napkins are the truly canon.
True.

And whoa there buddy, Ryoko is also my waifu since I was kid. Sooner or later, I'm going to find her, waiting for me.

Kajishima has autism.

There is one way you can see her soon.

We will eventually fight then.

In the maximum tournament of waifus in the afterlife? I'm training for that day. I'm going to win the tournament and her hand.
It's the destiny.

How weak and pleb. I'm storing the best alcoholic drinks and ero fantasies to share with her. We will rob space banks and stuff just for the lulz.

I have absolutely no clue. The episode in question originally aired on January 10, 1992 (fitting because of the Yuki Onna featured) while the first TM! OVA episode wasn't released until several months later on September 25. As far as I can tell there was no staffing overlap between AIC and Fuji TV's sponsored animation staff for Ranma at the time. Probably Kajishima or Hayashi was buddies with one of the low-level animators and had them sneak it in as joke.

I don't know. For me, the Kajishimaverse and even the Tenchi in Tokyo-verse ages better with time in hindsight now. Yugi/Sakuya did nothing wrong.

I'm sorry, but at least you know the truth. You can also just ignore the novel and envision Ai Tenchi Muyo as the real sequel to the 3rd Movie since Negishi produced it as well.

Attached: [Saier-Tenchiforum.com] Shin Tenchi Muyo! SP6 (DVD H264 Hi10p AC3) [43211715].mkv_snapshot_01.24_[20 (960x720, 1.39M)

And I'm going to show her how strong and kind I am. Just like Tenchi during the first episode. When he took her home and later when he was ready to face her, after he finds out she's a space pirate.

...But he wasn't strong. And I am kind too, and still young.

Nah, I'm going to live with the the truth. But like you said, at least there's Ai Tenchi Muyo.
He had guts and at the end of the universe anime he avenges Ryoko and she comes back. Sooner or later you and me we are going to clash. So it is written.

May the best man win in the end. Ours stars will soon meet.

See you there, mate.

Take care of your spaceship too

>tfw no aggressive party space milf gf

Attached: tumblr_mf3pibeoT21qcj07lo1_400.jpg (400x548, 60K)

The giant shoulders and capes of the 90s were good shit.

The OST is so fucking good. It's so quirky and fun. No idea how he managed to get all these weird goofy synth sound effects to work without them ever getting annoying.
youtube.com/watch?v=IgG46p-HpTA

She's a better female saiyan figure than all those nu saiyans that spammed on Dragon Ball Super.

Why is her voice so perfect? There isn't a single female character with such charm and comfy voice. It's really attractive.

youtube.com/watch?v=u60B7C8Psgc

I preferred Ayake and Kiyone personally. I never really liked Ryoko’s design or her constant shit disturbing which annoyed the fuck out of Tenchi.

Who is Ayake?
You mean Aeka? Why is her name so hard for people to pronounce?

I've always read "Ayeka" on every source.

God I loved this battle outfit.

Attached: vfqrerjghs_o[1].jpg (816x725, 86K)

That's a goofy romanization to attempt to steer people towards the right pronunciation like Shirow Masamune. Ryoko is actually Ryouko but people would pronounce it (ree-yoo-koh). And Ayeka is actually Aeka but people would probably pronounce it (uh-ee-kuh).

Forgot to add, even spelled "Ryoko" I still hear retards say (rye-uh-koh).

Gonna save this for future projects.

I love the original versions, but the english versionsof the OP's and ED's were so damn good. Personal favorites are the first ED and 2nd OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=1pMy_NBO4PU
youtube.com/watch?v=kTh6VnH7Ogg

The original OAVs were so good.

Attached: 1256344528685.jpg (1095x777, 189K)