Racists Ruin Everything!

“Some of you have apparently felt offended or exasperated when your objections are called out online as racist. ‘But I am not racist,’ you say. ‘It is not racist to want an actor who is accurate to the book’s description of the character,'” Riordan writes. “Let’s examine that statement. You are upset/disappointed/frustrated/angry because a Black actor has been cast to play a character who was described as white in the books…You are judging her appropriateness for this role solely and exclusively on how she looks. She is a Black girl playing someone who was described in the books as white. Friends, that is racism.”

>variety.com/2022/tv/news/percy-jackson-rick-riordan-racism-leah-jeffries-casting-1235263216/

When you will racists learn that even if a character is described as "white" it doesn't matter that the actor cast as the role is black because the author was paid a large sum of money to shit all over his own creation? What do you mean racist bullies not understand about that? Huh?

Attached: ???.png (767x708, 580.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rickriordan.com/2022/05/leah-jeffries-is-annabeth-chase/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why are people getting worked up over this? Isn't this supposed to be for kids?

There's already a thread dumb dumb.

But it's racism if a black person in a book is white washed. It's all so exhausting

Nope. This is the thread. Go be racist somewhere else, chud.

I'm still trying to figure out the sophistic illogic Riordan was spewing. Fucking bizarre attempt at mind fuckery that didn't quite pan out.

Gonna lay out some facts
- you and 99% of people here don't give a shit about Percy Jackson, aside from race drama
- if they said she had brown hair but the actress was white with black hair, people wouldn't give a shit
- if they said she was 5'2" but the actress was 5'1", people wouldn't give a shit
- these types of casting discrepancies happen all the time and people like you think, maybe subconsciously: "oh well who cares about that stuff, all that matters is that they're white"

Enjoy being the mid-20s or older guy sending death threats to a girl on Twitter.

Attached: le reddit.png (310x310, 24.75K)

the real story here: the wannabe saviours of white culture apparently read a lot of derivative YA fiction.

As expected from a you farmer

Guys, this article is seriously truncating Riordan's words in a way that doesn't make sense. I suggest reading the full blog post:

rickriordan.com/2022/05/leah-jeffries-is-annabeth-chase/

They are 100% right. It's like I said, most of you only care about the race of the character.

Percy who?

Your only response is "leave my forum!" which is extremely SJW. Very weak-willed.

will she dye her hair blonde?

I care about characters I enjoy being portrayed accurately. If you can't even have their race portrayed accurately how can I expect you to be faithful to the other shit. ESPECIALLY since Ricky bitched about the Lerman movies being unfaithful to his work.

>Troons defending this, but if a black character with no racial importance like Spawn or Blade was white they’d froth at the mouth in anger
>Are also perfectly fine with black vikings and shit that is totally nonsensical

Hypocrisy, thy name is troon

Attached: B7AB4849-5EDD-4261-A260-5266A517764B.jpg (708x708, 38.43K)

RIORDAN BLASTS AND SLAMS

I don't really like any of these castings. The old movies were trash and they didn't even get the age of the characters right but they were close enough to what I imagined. If they needed the diversity so bad they could have just redone black Grover, he was the only memorable character in the movies.
I still think this has a chance at being better than what came before. Fucking Chronos in the second movie, what were they thinking?

>The core message of Percy Jackson has always been that difference is strength. There is power in plurality. The things that distinguish us from one another are often our marks of individual greatness. You should never judge someone by how well they fit your preconceived notions. That neurodivergent kid who has failed out of six schools, for instance, may well be the son of Poseidon. Anyone can be a hero.
>If you don’t get that, if you’re still upset about the casting of this marvelous trio, then it doesn’t matter how many times you have read the books. You didn’t learn anything from them.
listen to the author of the books

They were probably thinking "yeah we aren't doing a third"

>guys
Don't you dare assume my biological sex or chosen gender, you fucking fanook. I don't give a fuck about Percy whoever of if some she-boon gets cast as some stupid bitch. I find it fucking hilarious that Riordan is will to take a giant shit all over his own work just for a paycheck. It cracks me up. His forced positive spin on the whole thing is disgusting and cringe as fuck but money talks not truth or facts.

>It's not racist to cast a black actress as a white woman
>It is absolutely racist to cast a while actress as a black woman
Hmmmmmmm... really makes you think

Attached: 20220512_073239.jpg (1125x1905, 234.97K)

>Be proud of what makes you different!
>Unless you’re white, because then your culture and art is up for grabs
>Chud!

No, I don’t listen to cuck faggots

I stopped reading Rick's books when he made Hades' son gay.

I have read the book and liked them once and I don't care about justifications. This just looks like shit

Cry more MAGAts

>neurodivergent
lmao he's clearly just pandering to the lowest common denominator. I guarantee he never used that word once in any of his writing or personal conversations up until maybe a few years ago when all this fake identity bullshit started being force memed and promulgated into public view. Riordan is a fucking sell-out. He's talking out of his ass for a paycheck. Grow the fuck up and stop denying it, fuckhead. It's just the way the world works. People are dishonest pieces of shit who will do pretty much anything for money. Either accept it or don't. It doesn't matter anyway because it's still going to happen.

1. Go back to Redd1t. Now.
2. You wouldn't being saying this if a black character was turned white.

Chuds...that small dick energy....Le sigh...

Attached: ghjgj.png (822x795, 549.24K)

Percy Jackson is greek mythology for retards.
Go watch the 6 hour version of L'Odysee on YouTube. That's real greek shit. Also it has Barbara Bach

hahahah jesus fucking christ. That's exactly what I'm talking about.
>gender fluidity
>non-cishet

LOLOLOLOLOLOL just a pandering, unprincipled prick. Fucking pathetic and embarrassing.

I’ve never even heard of this garbage. Who even cares, but Whites should stop being cucks and just hire their own people. All of this is just a show for money anyway, just watch something else.

>“Let’s examine that statement. You are upset/disappointed/frustrated/angry because a 90 year old actor has been cast to play a character who was described as a teenager in the books…You are judging her appropriateness for this role solely and exclusively on how she looks. She is an old woman playing someone who was described in the books as young. Friends, that is ageism.”

Don't think Annabeth is on the same level as Spawn/Blade. You can act like they are, but the fact is, a character widely known and popularized as a black hero isn't the same as some random sidekick girl with default race assignment. Maybe someday we will see a white Spawn/Blade and we can talk it, but personally I wouldn't really care. As for black Vikings, that's a totally different discussion if you want to get into real peoples' historical accuracy. Inb4 Annabeth has Viking blood and that's why she has to be white or something.

white people are being replaced

>Black
>white

Attached: D8ED54A8-F0D4-4417-8D26-0BF66B1C587B.gif (600x334, 932.56K)

Annabeth Chase is a beautiful 5'11" WHITE woman with blonde hair and gray eyes.

Attached: Annabeth Chase.jpg (1200x2011, 385K)

No, they're not.

White people still dominate television and films. We're not going anywhere.

fact check: true. No amount of dick riordan seething can change that

>I have no argument, so I'll just mention that website that triggers me, that'll tell him!

Attached: 1632664751617.png (700x765, 111.5K)

Characters that were white for 80 years get changed into black people, so they opposite should be fine too

It's nice to keep an eye on what the ever-changing rules are

>5'11"
step on me

Blade and Spawn are irrelevant and boring. Black people don't care about them.

screencapping this on the off-chance there is a "whitewashing" controversy in future where it will be relevant

Happy to be part of the "solution".

He literally wrote the books. If he wanted to he can say Annabeth grew a dick and fucks Percy in the ass with it.

How much does the actor have to resemble the character? How poorly can they match before we can speak up? Seems an absurd thing to argue for, generally we want more honest adaptations not less. All the details that go into a story matters and it's best to try to match them when possible, and a white actress was probably possible. I'm right, and I'm also going to bed so don't bother wasting your time replying to me.

What a crock of shit. Loki doesn't transform into a woman because he's a tranny. He does it because he's a fucking deceiver. I hate these hacks of academia like you wouldn't believe.

Your entire movement have already crumbled

Attached: 1600611449663m.jpg (1024x768, 85.08K)

The goal wasn't to make Annabeth black, it was to make Athena black by proxy. We wuz wisdom and shit.

>- you and 99% of people here don't give a shit about Percy Jackson, aside from race drama
Read all the books, they were ok
>- if they said she had brown hair but the actress was white with black hair, people wouldn't give a shit
Not nowdays, when you can cast a completely different looking person, but it was a big deal in the times when directors actually gave a fuck. And me, I still would care.
>- if they said she was 5'2" but the actress was 5'1", people wouldn't give a shit
It's a small difference. Now, if she was described as having 2 meters, and the actress cast would be 150cm tall, yeah, that would be some bullshit.
>- these types of casting discrepancies happen all the time and people like you think, maybe subconsciously: "oh well who cares about that stuff, all that matters is that they're white"
>Let me tell you what you really think.
No.

So was Harry Potter

Sorry Ricky. No take backs.
I've seen people saying Athena was a sister and posting pictures of Athena from Hades.. where she has gray skin.
I was hoping they make Annabeth's dad black. So he can be with an asian woman and the asian step mom can hate black Annabeth

>but the fact is, a character widely known and popularized as a black hero isn't the same as some random sidekick girl
^this is the goalposts shifting again. In the last year or two this debate has gone from "It's ok if they're fictional characters with no race assigned" to now: "only if the character isn't one of the main ones."

Personally I think it would save time just to come out and say "it's ok when it's a white character being changed to non-white, but not ok in reverse," given that's where this whole thing is inevitably going to end up.

I don't know who Percy Jackson is. I do know that I'm sick of black washing, and I'm even more sick of the redditors who pretend like they don't know what you're talking about because they're so terrified that speaking honestly about the obvious will mean they're an evil racist.

Why do I get lumped in with people you talked with from a year ago? I have seen both white characters turned black, and black characters turned white. I really think its context-dependent and don't have some hard-line stance in either direction. You want to deal in extremes like "characters can never be racebended", I think that's bullshit. But that doesn't mean I don't think any character's race matters ever.

Nothing is just for kids anymore, in case you hadn't noticed.

Attached: 1631850011189.jpg (4096x2730, 2.25M)

Hey there. I'm Percy Jackson! Demigod son of Poseidon and the main character of the franchise.

Attached: Percy Jackson.jpg (1200x2011, 372.39K)

Redditors and lefty youtubers are some of the most spineless retards on the internet. Guaranteed that when the reviews come out and the show is garbage, every single one of them will try their absolute best to dance around the blackwash.

Isn't Harry Potter still for kids?

Never was.

Attached: OS888.png (1290x913, 201.46K)