Percy Jackson and the Olympians

So will it bomb like Cowboy Bebop?
Probably.
Who will be blamed?
Racists.

Attached: Annabeth Chase.jpg (1200x2011, 385K)

Other urls found in this thread:

riordan.fandom.com/wiki/Annabeth_Chase
youtube.com/watch?v=rFwX6FWeUFQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It will flop, and it will be entirely because the cuck author underestimated just how many fans will lose interest after he completely changed the race of one of his three central characters.

Rick: The Lerman movies suck! Annabeth looks nothing like she's suppose too.
>Rick apparently gets more control
>Ends up having a chick who looks NOTHING like Annabeth at all play Annabeth
Derp

>this is going to be the book accurate adaptation the movies should've been!
>e-except the main female lead is now black hehe
What a fucking clown.

How come no one is complaining that Grover is now a pajeet

Shitlib author who made shit books, who cares about this garbage

I don't. Percy Jackson has always been a Harry Potter knockoff anyway. I just hope they don't try pulling this same shit with the inevitable Harry Potter TV show by making Hermione black or something.

I can complain about that too if you like.
I care.

I expected it to be Rachel, not Annabeth.

Attached: rachel dare.jpg (1200x2011, 280.28K)

Why do artists and authors shit all over their life's work like this? Just for wokeoid brownie-points?
Do they not understand that the Leftoid mob will just retroactively label them "racist" and "problematic" anyway, either a few years from now or a few years after they die? They literally used to worship Rowling for making all her characters retroactively gay and black. Now look where her status is with them.

Did anyone really expect the guy to say he was only picking white actors? He would get lynched alive on Twitter and disowned by Disney.

Don't say you are angry about an adaptation not being accurate and then turn around to make it even more INACCURATE.

They get paid. It’s literally that simple. He’s getting Disney bucks, syndication, and probably a cut of the reprinted books and merchandise. If you were getting those cuckbucks you’d throw your lifes work under the bus too.

>red head
I got some bad news for you...

Oh I know but when its the red haired green eyed white character, I expect them to be racechanged.

If being white and blonde is a foundational aspect of her character and her character is ruined if that changes then she is a shit character.

That was almost 10 years ago user. Are you aware on how badly trannies and POC have ruined society? The average zoomer is like double digit IQ maximum

>Did anyone really expect the guy to say he was only picking white actors?
The sooner they incuck themselves and start the sooner it can be normalized again.

Ron is the ginger

No I wouldn't because I have a little thing called integrity.

Yeah that's why Black Panther needs to be a gay white teenager.

Riordan has been Disney's cuck bitchboy for years. His mewling on social media about the fan's being annoyed with this decision is revolting.

Shit argument. A character should look as close to their source material counterpart as possible. If not then what was the point in adapting it at all?

Grover was the weakest of the three and I get why Rick kept replacing him. Tyson, Rachel etc.

He was better in the movies somehow.

>this shitty talking point
It's not about what's "fundamental" to a character, retard. It's about the fact that people read these books with a clear image in mind of what the character looks like, to the point where the look becomes a part of the character. You could turn Harry Potter into a negro and you wouldn't "fundamentally" change anything about the story, but it wouldn't be the same character.

You don't even know how old the oldest zoomers are. I'm part of the oldest group. I grew up reading the books. When the first movies were not as close to the books as I like and the writer says he wants to do a faithful adaptation to see this is a good ole sweet chin music to the face.

Wait then why is "whitewashing" bad? Why is race being important to white characters "bad" buy race being important to non-white characters not only "good" but implicitly understood to you people?

saucy white woman with dagger will never not be kino

Attached: file.png (1154x1078, 1.54M)

Attached: tumblr_p4clwbP5591spgfueo1_500.jpg (500x647, 57.39K)

>His mewling on social media about the fan's being annoyed with this decision is revolting
I hope the show flops HARD. Maybe then people will stop pulling shit like this and racebending existing characters. If Riordan wanted black characters in his series, THEN HE SHOULD'VE FUCKING CREATED SOME BLACK CHARACTERS.

Here's how Grover looks in the books, more or less.

Attached: Grover Underwood.jpg (1200x2011, 231.17K)

Charles Beckendorf.
Hazel Levesque.

>I hope the show flops HARD. Maybe then people will stop pulling shit like this and racebending existing characters.
user, where have you been the last 10 years? I want to be hopeful too but these wokeid remakes/adaptions KEEP flopping yet they KEEP making them.

Mackenzie Foy to play Hazel.
Money laundering?

Attached: Hazel.jpg (1200x2011, 273.55K)

>I hope the show flops HARD. Maybe then people will stop pulling shit like this and racebending existing characters
user, the show could make 0 dollars and it would still achieve its purpose. It's not about the money, it's about changing the culture. How do you not realize that by now?

Looks latino. Should've gotten a CHI to play him, not a pajeet.

You people complain yet continue to buy into these companies that actively hate you while being called a chud. Speak with your wallets and vote Red when the time comes

Attached: 77DBC5D9-FD7C-4BEC-B1EE-0648ECD91B9A.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

WHO should actually have been cast as Annabeth, Yea Forums?

He and any other YA novelist at his level is ALREADY "rich", user. They may not be Bezos rich but they don't NEED money that badly.

Race is foundational to people's character in real life. Their biology affects every aspect of who they are - their personality, intelligence, and behavior. Why would that be different for fictional characters?

>Grover is described as a tall satyr with curly brown hair, brown eyes, small horns, a wispy beard, and hairy brown goat legs.
Would be better than a pajeet.

Attached: polarbears.jpg (460x690, 30.84K)

b8

>Ummmmmm, race doesn't MATTER, chuds. Shut up.
>But, uh, Black Panther HAS to be black...
>But, uh, Mulan HAS to be asian...

Every fucking time.

They are already saying Athena "is a sister" and posting her Hades version, who isn't black either and has dark gray skin
Here is Athena in the PJO books.

Attached: athena.jpg (1200x2011, 341.21K)

Attached: castingchoice.jpg (1379x1073, 281.39K)

I hope Annabeth's dad is black and they keep her step mom asian.
Annabeth thought her asian step mom hated her.

Fans flipped their shit when Katara was portrayed by a white girl in the Avatar movie, and for good reason. Why shouldn't people be mad when a white character is blackwashed?

>Actively voting against troons and race mixing propaganda is b8

Nope

Because 160 years ago maybe perhaps probably not their ancestor was a buck broken.

White characters are foundation myth based. Archetypal, ageless, broad, etc.. “POC” characters are characters deeply ingrained in race. Troons think that because white characters are archetypal “anyone can play them”, when many things like Tolkien and King Arthur were made specifically for white people

Shitty attempt to derail the thread. I award you zero points and may your soul go to rest in the deepest pit inTartarus.

Troon spotted

Better start saving all the old official white Annabeth art before it's replaced. What a shame, I always liked her more than Hermione.

You have to laugh.

riordan.fandom.com/wiki/Annabeth_Chase
Already ahead of you m8

>Percy Jackson artists will be retroactively called racist for drawing Annabeth as white in their fanarts from 5 years ago
Rick Riordan is a genuine fucking cuckold for doing this to his own work.

Won't stop me. I was already leaning back into this stuff after playing Hades. I'm going to write a dozen PJO fics and make sure to remind everyone how white Annabeth is and an artist friend of mine is going to start churning out PercyxAnnabeth art because they are an "OTP" of hers.

I hope his show bombs harder than Artemis Fowl did.

anti-white pilpul

>Artemis Fowl
I forgot about that one.
I'd take Cowboy Bebop flop.
I've actually seen this getting push back and I think its surprising them tbqh.

>vote Red
lol they haven’t and won’t do shit

Attached: DA27DD0E-02F2-4425-831B-633CE5F3025A.jpg (725x1076, 252.97K)

Wasn't it almost 200 of them that voted to give Ukraine 40 billion?

>I've actually seen this getting push back and I think its surprising them tbqh.
Riordan lives in his twitter safe space. I have no doubt that he probably didn't see the backlash coming. Even the nerds on Reddit were talking about how the casting was ruining the show for them lol.

That’s the thing about money, you can always have more

because i will do anything to advance my point and/or agenda. it’s not hypocrisy, i’m just flat out and consciously lying about what it is i actually care about. i hold nothing sacred.

The fandom on Twitter was full of fat sheboons begging for this before the announcement, which totally didn't impact his 'merit based casting'. I'm shocked he didn't also cast a Latino as Percy because they were begging for that too.

You see I've been thinking for a long time that we are getting closer and closer to that bubble bursting so to speak. They reached too hard and too far. I've thought for a long time that they've just been spinning their wheels as the tower slowly crumbles around them.
Fools come in all shapes, sizes, colors.. and having a big bank account doesn't mean you are not a fool.

I’m sure. Tucker called several of them out tonight

I've been seeing people shit on it in a variety of ways. Full on /pol/ tier shitting. More "nice" shitting but still shitting, ya know? Of course there will be those who are 'okay' with it. That's just how it works but I'm truly believing that more people are against it than they originally thought.

>they haven’t and won’t do shit
>Leftcucks currently losing their minds over CRT & LGBTBBQ+shit getting kicked out of schools, abortion going to State decision, etc.
Lol you fucks gloat over how "Republicans will do nothing" and then these legal decisions start happening or a Kyle Rittenhouse starts daring to shoot back, and then you're immediately back to crying about how you're the "victim" and they're "oppressing" you.

Because it turns them into a bland non-character.

Attached: download (5).jpg (784x407, 71.68K)

>You see I've been thinking for a long time that we are getting closer and closer to that bubble bursting so to speak. They reached too hard and too far. I've thought for a long time that they've just been spinning their wheels as the tower slowly crumbles around them.
Yeah, I'm not much of a Percy Jackson fan, so I don't care too much. I'm definitely not gonna watch the show now, but I could've done without it anyway. But I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan, and I hope this annoying fucking blackwashing trend is over once they decide to announce a Harry Potter series (because they will eventually), because I will be pissed if they make Hermione black like they did in the play lol.

Hopefully more turn on him and Disney now that his bitch wife is outright calling anyone who disagrees with this decision for any reason a racist.

I'm with ya there user. I've read both. Love both more or less. The blackwashing of Hermione there still tickles me in a not so good way.

Attached: hermiones white face.jpg (600x338, 35.96K)

You have mistaken me for a leftist, but CRT bills are worded in such a way to be toothless (keep in mind shitlibs deny that CRT is even taught, and they’re technically correct. What they’re teaching is anti-white race hatred, but conservatives won’t call it what it is)
The anti-tranny bill merely postpones the indoctrination to 9 year olds (4th grade)

Not just his wife. He put out a statement saying that anyone who is disappointed that a "canonically white" (his own words) character is being played by a black actress is just a racist.

People really need to start embracing the "if you call me racist you have just admitted you've lost the argument" mindset.
If someone calls you a racist, they've lost.
If someone calls you a nazi, they've lost.
If someone compares you to Hitler. Guess what? They lost.

Attached: PercyxAnnabeth.jpg (1280x720, 88.84K)

Yeah, Rowling is a hack for allowing it. It's not like there aren't numerous illustrations throughout the books proving Hermione is white. I only hope that her recent anti-tranny sentiment on Twitter has soured her on the whole shitlib community there.

Attached: 3bb45a75e5ef63544863c468dc30b87f.jpg (432x355, 33.88K)

I even get tickled when I saw this list. Look at Hermione's race.

Attached: Top50Ao3Pairings2021.png (1037x866, 1.08M)

I remember the movies flopping hard. Are they making new movies?

No matter what happens, at least the series can't be damaged as much as those Fantastic Beasts movies nuked Harry Potter.

Disney+ show

Holy shit is this for real? How the fuck does he fuck up movie adaptations TWICE

New series on Disney+, honestly I would say skip it since I don't see them translating the books well. Just read them and watch the musical.
youtube.com/watch?v=rFwX6FWeUFQ