Why is no one talking about this? It's Mike kino

Why is no one talking about this? It's Mike kino

Attached: Screenshot_20220511-122708_Gallery.png (1630x1079, 1.6M)

limited hangout

netflixman bad, or something
I haven't gotten around to downloading it yet.

No one's watching Nflix anymore. The first episode fucking sucked.

mike myers always wasn't that funny. he lucked out with wayne's world and shrek. he wouldn't have even had shrek if farley was alive.

Unfunny forced political white people bad woke crap

Insane amount of gaslighting about real life political issues

Also, the conspiracy theory guy is somehow portrayed as the stupid crazy guy… but is right about the Secret society existing. AND THE AUDIENCE IS SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE HES JUST A CRAZY WHACKY IDIOT GUY?

Attached: 52CDD2CB-DB59-4263-AD75-07A821D633EC.jpg (613x868, 107.89K)

> Terrible unfunny Jew famous for meme movies.
That's a no from me, dawg.

Farley’s Shrek sucks.

the point is the only reason myers got it is because farley died.

Also, they’re showing and telling you all this stuff about secret societies for karmic reasons.

You don’t know that. For all you know Farley died because they told him his Shrek was shit and sounded like a depressed fat cocaine addict.

The point is Myers brought the Scottish accent to the Shrek character. He did get lucky with Shrek, he made Shrek, Shrek.

it's weird because the only part i found funny is the very staged adult jokes like the "half-in inn" joke

All this talk about Shrek, and Shrek literally appears in the show. It has some retarded and bad woke shit and weird current pop culture references that are bad, but there are still a lot of very Mike Myers type jokes and gags that are very funny. I've only watched 4 episodes.

I honestly hate Austin Powers so whenever I see Mike, I get pissed.

Why is it woke? Any examples?

The entire show is hard left political slant.

The first episode Mike Myer’s white newscaster guy loses his job and it’s implied that it’s because he’s an old white man and gets replaced with a woman.

The crazy conspiracy theory guy is framed as an idiot but is right about the secret society existing and all their history… okay so how is he an idiot then?

Just stuff with blacks and strawmanning of anyone not a Democrat

Farley, Rip but he was never that good and he would be the most hated forced down our throat comedy actor if he did not die

Groovy trips, baby!

damn he looks old

based Colby

Talking about what? I've seen two threads about this and nobody's even mentioned the name. This is the first place I've heard about it. Might be problem #1.

People already hated Farley in the 90's, people were saying his era was the worst SNL had ever been and they almost got canceled after season 20. Regardless of this, you are wrong and he is very funny.

He's wearing prosthetics to look older

If you don't like Tommy Boy you're a faggot. I agree 90% of his output was trash, but Tommy Boy is one of the most watchable films of all time, I don't even own it, I just see it on cable five times a year and when it's on there I sit down and watch

>The first episode Mike Myer’s white newscaster guy loses his job and it’s implied that it’s because he’s an old white man and gets replaced with a woman.

>The crazy conspiracy theory guy is framed as an idiot but is right about the secret society existing and all their history… okay so how is he an idiot then?

Aren't those both right-wing talking points?

if the conspiracy theorist character gets under your skin than you probably should no better than to waste time with Netflix originals

I like Mike Myers, but aside from few pretty funny dumb jokes (Big Dick's Half-Way Inn) this was pretty offensive if you've paid even the slightest bit of attention to the state of the world in the last few decades.
Right off the bat, the secret society uses Freemason symbols, then tries to gaslight you into thinking that they don't actually exist, both by actually naming them in the show and by making this goofy caricature of them. They claim that the organization is "nice", even though they've clearly done nothing but murdered people and kept essential truths about the world from normal people. Also, the conclusion of the show is fucking ridiculous, with the organization simply changing its name and inviting some black women in, while continuing to operate EXACTLY like the previous iteration. It's a comedy, don't whine about spoilers.
Other notable things are: the most hamfisted portrayal of Alex Jones since that shitty X-Files reboot (I have no idea why everyone has such a hard on for that man, he's goofy enough as it is), gaslighting about actual, factual conspiracies, the endless talking points about climate change (with the added bonus of calling it global warming a few times, a term that the powers that be retired after it got a bit too obvious) and everyone's favorite: a supercomputer AI that's gonna save the world, because apparently everyone is now so retarded that they think a bunch of math equations running on a server constitutes as a sentient being. Oh, but this one has a soul, or something, so it's all good.
Anyway, it's pretty decent for what it is, but Mike really needs to hang it up. This was a far cry from his peak of Austin Powers era. Also, did you know that dolphins can queef?
But, I think we can all agree that I want to make babies with Lydia West.

That’s not the point i’m making. The point i’m making is that he’s right about everything but still framed like an idiot.

My thoughts exactly. The political gaslighting in this show is on another level.

who cares, where the fuck is cat in the that 2?

This show managed to elicit exactly one laugh from me when Shrek headbutts the sasquatch, so by modern standards it's kino.

>My thoughts exactly. The political gaslighting in this show is on another level.
Yeah, it got pretty annoying fast. The constant potshots at US were fucking ridiculous. Seriously, a Canadian talking shit about the US? Full disclosure, I'm not American (nor Canadian) and I don't hold any particular love for the current culture that has its roots in the US, but come on. The whole t-shirt with "living the American dream without violence" or whatever it was, and that bit about Hillary's emails... Why the fuck would anyone put that stuff in the show? It's not funny, it's completely tone deaf, and it's insulting to anyone who has paid attention in the last few years.
The kind of Canada that Mike Myers promotes exists only in the minds of delusional people. It's not some perfect utopia, it has most of the same problems as the US and really if the best argument he can come up with is "well at least we don't have guns", that should tell you something.

lol the thumbnail made me think that eye was Moonman.

What happened to making movies like Austin powers for everyone that were free of political agenda? Mike’s handlers probably told him no more you’re making a political show now.

I also thought it was diabolical as fuck how they make secret societies to be this goofy conspiracy… while listing all the things they have proven to have done in the past. Wtf?

I don't think anyone thinks Freemasons don't exist

It really felt like some sort of soft disclosure. Mike probably got into "the club" and this was part of his initiation or something.
If it was just a harmless comedy, he could've just made up goofy conspiracies that no one would mistake for actual conspiracies, and not use actual symbols of real life secret societies. Now the whole thing just feels like a huge fucking joke that the audience isn't in on.
Also, if it actually was just a comedy, I don't think the message of the show would've been "secret societies are great, kids!" as the ending suggested.
Funny that Mike apparently never asked himself why a nice organization would need to keep itself secret. Oh, no, these guys are helping people and being heckin' wholesome! Kill em!

>I don't think anyone thinks Freemasons don't exist
You took what I said too literally. Most people admit that they exist, with an insane amount of caveats. "Oh, they are just a club for weird people", "oh, they don't do anything important" and so on. I'm not saying they rule the world, but they sure as shit aren't some fucking country club for old boomers either. And making shows like this about them makes people go "oh, you are just talking about a silly netflix show" if they are ever brought up.

I watched it a couple of times while I worked and I could barely even pay attention to it. I just remember lots of netflix gags and penises and shrek shows up at one point

It must be hard being so stupid.

Have you even heard Farleys Shrek? If I was an executive producer I would’ve told him to sober up before we could move forward.

there's also the fact that he's like 60. this is him at a red carpet event where he's trying to look his best

Attached: latest.jpg (1080x1440, 367.42K)

Yes he looks older but not as old as the reporter character who is supposed to be Larry King level ancient

I watched 4 episodes and it's not funny. I don't even think I'll watch the rest.

Canadian nice.

he just looks like he has a red nose. he clearly dyes his hair normally

I was willing to give it a chance but read that it was anti-white

>The whole t-shirt with "living the American dream without violence" or whatever it was, and that bit about Hillary's emails...
>Yet another "satirical" """comedy""" show making low hanging pot shots at Rightoids, catering to Rad Lefty larpers
We've reached the peak of political commentary, eveyone. How about another joke comparing Drumpf to another set of Orange eatables like we're 3 years old?

Attached: yuuka-kazami-yuuka.gif (498x263, 253.66K)

>Canadian nice.
If that had been the joke, that the organization was crazy evil but polite, it might've actually been a good show. But, nope, they make a point about the main protagonist being "good and kind" and that with his soul in the machine the organization can be redeemed. And that was the plan of the leaders of the group, so clearly they are portrayed as sympathetic, misunderstood ragamuffins (it's a real word, look it up).

Could that be commentary on the average stupidity of the general pubic?

Why is he so desperate to be in prosthetics?
Remember when he tried to be a game show host, created a character, even going to other late night shows as the character.?

I liked it a lot, most of it was charming, fun and unpredictable, a great ride. It wasn't perfect, the scatological jokes were cringe af and some sexual "adult" jokes weren't that great, which ruins some of the charm, but in retrospective that's what expected from the guy who was austin power.

The liberal progressive stuff was there, but idk, it didn't bothered me for some reason.

Ending was zogged.

It's too long and not funny. Should have been a 90 minute movie

Well, I'm not a Mason, but I have no problem with them being secretive. The general public doesn't need to be privy to everything. I'm quite happy there is still some systems of information-heirarchy.

You are correct, user.
It is multi-layered multi-kino too big-brained for /tv to handle. The Mike Myers Multiverse has expanded.

It's kind of hit and miss. Its most common egregious sin is dragging out bad jokes way too long. I'm a sucker for any kino that does ridiculous costume design though.

Always hated Austin Powers because of the cheap shits at 60's culture, but seeing conspiratards here seething, I might give this a try

>The crazy conspiracy theory guy is framed as an idiot but is right about the secret society existing and all their history
Oddly common trope the last few years imo

meds, now

bro are you stupid? My father and grandfather were both somewhat middle-ranking members of their respective masonic lodges and it is essentially just a country club for somewhat esoteric white guys with a penchant for funny costumes.