Why do these kinds of movies keep bombing so badly?

Why do these kinds of movies keep bombing so badly?

Attached: 367777.png (541x408, 266.63K)

box office poison

pic related is a genre that actually makes money

Attached: 3463677.png (281x400, 179.44K)

middle-age theme films don't do very well so they don't make them very often

women in historical films

Historical fiction is pointless in a culture that doesn't value its history.

No one cares about your chud fantasy films. People want to see powerful black men.

All white casts are simply unpopular now, even in medieval/fantasy setting

LMAO

white bois dabbed on

This unironically

look at how black panther did

>Dude what if like our movie might as well be black and white
>and it's boring
>and all the posters just have bored people on them
You would think this kind of filmmaking would be outdated by now, who the fuck asked for this shit? How did it cost $90Mil to film a movie that takes place in one field with some CGI mud huts?

because mainstream hollywood has trained the general movie going audience over the last 15 years to expect a certain kind of movie. it's a lot like bollywood nowadays. when people buy a ticket to see a movie they expect a 3 hour long thrill ride filled with fun jokes, stunning visuals, great heroes, a little bit of sexual tension but nothing explicit, exploding set pieces, crumbling skyscrapers, slowmotion fight scenes where nobody actually dies and at the end an invitation to the sequel that promises exactly the same thing again. so when you present those people a movie that is the very opposite of that they don't want to see it.

Or maybe this movie was just bad?

forced diversity and lgbtq pandering

not diverse enough

2001 bombed when it came out

then it should have, at least, a strong opening because nobody knows yet that it sucks. or maybe critics, who are part of the target audience described above, don't like it and told people that it's not like those movies that they like.

what? For years you were saying the opposite. That people are tired of diversity woke casting sjw da joooz globohomo frankfurt school and karl marx pozzed cucked wokecrap.

Wrong! Lack of BMWF

Cast unknown actors and the budget will be half of that. Clearly someone like Adam Driver doesn't sell any tickets

lol. Have you seen the cast of the Dr. Strange movie? Dr. Strange is a secondary character to the female and hispanic female leads. And It made $500 million in 3 days

user just look at the trailers and the posters, there is a good reason it didn't sell. It looks like shit (and honestly the actual movie is much better than what they advertised), people don't go to every single movie. Especially not one with posters like this

Attached: northWOMAN.png (601x910, 966.74K)

people don't see these kinds of movie anymore, yeah.

Nobody is saying "oh boy I want to see this weird joyless unfunny white history movie with some plastic stale leads nobody likes.

Because Hollywood made about fifty sword and sandal movies since Gladiator, plus another dozen series, they filled the niche bucket with crap, it's been overflowing for a while. Normies get their fill from the Vikings show and zoomers get their fill from whatever has niggers in it.

Not him, but Marvel is different kettle of fish. Fandom plays a big roll in Marvel movies where it gets instant access to millions of people automatically purely because they are rabid fanatics of Marvel. You can't apply that same concept to any other film, specially one off films like in OP pic.

Maybe 2001 was bad.
The public has spoken.

Attached: epic.jpg (407x644, 88.07K)

LMAO no oo oo ah ahs

Attached: lol no niggers.png (270x419, 207.67K)

the only people that go to the cinema are people of color because they can't afford streaming services also they are racist they won't go see an all white cast because (muh chud power fantasy.)

but if you made a movie about a poor black kid growing up in the hood making it as a rapper fucking lots of white women and then losing his empire due to his drug addled life style only to find christ and make a comeback whilst creating a family

that would do well

>Men made up 68% of the audience during its opening, with those in the age range of 18–34 comprising 61% of ticket sales. The ethnic breakdown of the audience showed that 56% were Caucasian, 21% Hispanic and Latino Americans, 10% African American, and 13% Asian or other.[46] The film earned $6.4 million in its second weekend, finishing fourth.[47] It grossed $2.9 million in its third weekend.

>looks like shit
no, it looks like it promises a story about great kings in a far away land that time has forgotten. could be anything, from a small costume drama that plays mostly in a throne room to a 4 hour epic with lots of battle scenes.

Theres literally a mutt on front poster kek

>n-word
*sigh*

Agreed, posters are too generic, nothing uniquel or striking about them.

Zendaya is a strong box office draw yeah. Though not even she could save Dune, probably because she's not in it very much

you realise you just proved my point right?

Don't compare Ridley Scott's misandrist trash to actual kino

There are MULTIPLE medieval shows with niggers... in europe. So yes, niggers.

and they're all doing better than The Flopsman LMAO

How so? That more or less aligns with US demographics.

Absolutely nothing makes or doesnt make money based on if it's good or bad. You cant be so naive to actually think that. It's all about marketing, timing, and target audience.

what i do enjoy is that the left is butthurt about this movie they shill this narrative that for a movie to be good it must be a box office success

the rest of us don't care what the unwashed masses think or what films they are go to watch

myself i'm looking forward to watching it on friday

These kind of movies only work as tv series today.

It reflects the society we're living in full of retarded 100 IQ consumers who just want to enjoy themselves and have a good time 24/7. It's always been like this desu but at least back in the day you had government funded programs, radio stations etc. Promoting higher culture. Now it's just nothing but pop culture maximised for profits.

99999% the shameful lack of diversity

The last duel was shit
a lot of cinemas boycotted it

the Northman had no marketing, and also the audience for that type of movie (quality) isn't as great as those who just want to consume visual diarrhea.

You haven't even seen it bro

when did they just completely give up on movie art and go with this shitty "lots of people of varying sizes" star wars design

Which is true for the people who post here. But the cultural war was lost decades ago, your average nigger loving zoomers is in physical pain when reminded of his culture or history, whites truly hate themselves now.

I didn't watch The Northman but The Last Duel was pretty crap. Terrible CGI towns for some reason, a tedious amount of repetition with minor variation which is of no real consequence. The whole project was a complete misfire. Because of the three perspectives characters just weren't developed or interesting enough.

you're just proving my point, mate

NOBODY WANTS TO SEE WHITE PEOPLE WE WAS JUST FORCED IN THE PAST
WHEN GIVEN OPTIONS YALL BE SKIPPED EVERY TIME
HAHAHA YALL GOIN EXTINCT BWAHAHAHA KEK

>what i do enjoy is that the left is butthurt
The only real butthurt is emanating from this site.
Otherwise it's an irrelevant flop to most of the world.

the marketing has sucked. this is the exact kind of movie a person like me is probably going to really like, but that's only based on my having seen people talking about it. the official marketing makes it look very uninteresting.

If this movie had a Zendaya or Daniel Kaluuya with Jordan Peele producer name attached, it wouldn't have bombed. And you know it.

instead audiences got this weird unfunny shit about white savages murdering and raping kids by some socially awkward nazi looking white boy starring the soulless piece of wood from the tarzan movie. Nothing fun, nothing interesting, can barely understand what the white boys are saying or doing half the time. And OF COURSE there's also incest in it because ya'll can't help yourselves lmao.

This is why it bombed.

>this will sell our movie

Cinema is dead, capeshit for the next 100 years guaranteed

The explanation is simple: The target audience for these films don't watch any modern media outside of YouTube.

This. Movie won't even be remembered in 3 months. I doubt even FX is gonna show it on a Sunday afternoon 5 years from now lol.

No advertisement.
I've heard about the Last Duel maybe a week before it came out, same with the Northman.
My normie friends haven't heard of any of them at all.
There's a reason why the ads budget is a big part of most of the movies. Hell, even in the world of the video games Cyberbug sold gorillion of copies because of marketing.

hahaha like seriously what was they expectin
OH HEY YALL WE BETTER GO SEE SOME MORE MAYO ASS WHITE PEOPLE SHIT HEY KIDS GET IN THE CAR WE GOING TO SEE NORTHMAN HAHAHAHAHA

I saw The Last Duel in cinema. It was bad fr and you have to sit through a rape scene twice. The same story is told three times too so it feels rushed and formalistic.

filtered.
you wanted some kind of epic spectacle, because your brain is FRIED on marvel. Or you wanted completely different POVs, where in one, a character wears RED, but in another POV he wears BLUE. One he turns left, the other RIGHT. How OBVIOUS and EPIC. Fuck you.
Subtleties are the whole point of this movie.

>movie about mayo monkeys making out with their mommas
>this will sell our movie

Well that would imply they had a good marketing department

You people need to stop blaming marketing and accept that most audiences simply aren’t interested in anything that isn’t part of an established franchise anymore. They want sequels, reboots and comic book films because that’s what Hollywood has conditioned the world to desire. Nothing else does good in theaters anymore aside from the occasional family film.

why do white people movies always have so much awful rape in it? Don't ya'll want to have a good time?

Like there's 3 rapes in Last Duel, a bunch more in Northman. Movies are meant to be fun baka. Nobody had to watch brothers raping their daughters in Black Panther.

white people fatigue
we are tired of dealing with you at work
we are tired of dealing with you at the store
we are tired of dealing with you at the gas station
WE ARE TIRED!
>t.azn chad

idk Jordan Peele movies still make bank and aren't part of a franchise. You just need creators and stars people like telling stories people want to see.

Of course they are interested in it, this movie just isn't very interesting. If it was an actual fun Viking movie with some color and originality people would have seen it

So which discord is raiding today?

It's fine to make movies with niche appeal you just gotta budget accordingly. Certain genres like horror movies rarely make huge numbers but can still be very profitable as long as they've made cheap.

Theatre going these days is a group activity. In the age of streaming an piracy why the fuck would I bring my friends or date to the fucking rape movie?

i dont trust kikes not to bait and switch. the last duel is a metoo movie, stop pretending its somehow pro-male or pro-white, we see through your tricks

Attached: Ryu, Strongest Man on the Face of the Planet - vol.1 ch.1.3 - 30.jpg (518x838, 183.21K)

>Based on a trial from 14th century france and depicts the events fairly accurately
>BROS IT'S #METOO PROPAGANDA

I pretty clearly wanted it without the 3 perspectives you utter fuckwit. For the audience they hold no weight because you should interpret them each as a rape regardless, and actually whether he did or did not would have been better left much more ambiguous. Another glaring issue is that they actually labelled the final retelling "the truth", the previous two may as well have kit been shown at that point.

God only knows what your dogshit taste in films is like if your only argument is "why don't you just watch Marvel"

The COVID tv show killed my motivation to go and be around retards all day, and I'm sure the retards feel the same way about people even more retarded.

yeah there was like 2 other people in The Northman for me and we all just sat there silent and miserable thjen walked out quietly afterwards. I almost felt like apologizing to them even though it wasn't my fault.

Compare it to pic related and people wonder why black panther is one of the highest grossing movie domestically in history

Attached: webRNS-Black-Panther3-030118.jpg (800x600, 268.72K)

There is no public interest for these kind of movies, if there were, I don't think that they would be as good as they are, so maybe it is a good thing in the end.

I'm sure both of these would have liked to make a profit, but at the end, they were worth it, just because we got them.

Attached: 1642619216410.jpg (1167x1200, 243.09K)

hahaha look white incel, i’ll give you three steps before i break your little white neck haha
the white race is over long live diversity and george floyd!all hail jordan peele and blackrock

Turns out people don't want to watch movies about white people.

they’ve never done anything good and they’re so entitled my goddd

It is a metoo propaganda. The movie says that the perspective of the woman is the only truth. Shill your woke shit somewhere else

They never have.
They were only ever forced to.
Now when given the choice for the first time, people are celebrating real stories, real people, real MEANING

Marvel movies are made for third-worlders, they are simple and easy to grasp.
Actual movies are made for white people with complex plots and story lines.
Cinema here puts every marvel movies on with ridiculous schedules that you don't even have to plan, because a new one starts every 30 mins
Pic related is the kinoplex down the road. There's a dozen screenings in the next few hours before they close
Everything else shows maybe 3-4 times a day.

Attached: Screenshot at 2022-05-11 17-46-31.png (712x398, 38.87K)

The French court from 800 years ago ruled in favor of the French woman

you think men weren't simps 800 years ago? where do you think the term white knight comes from?