Aliens allergic to water

>aliens allergic to water
>land on planet that's 95% water

Still the dumbest plot hole ever, and no your angel/demon metaphor doesn't matter. If it can't function as a literal story on top of an allegorical one then just write a book

Attached: images.jpg (455x674, 52.66K)

pure kino

maybe they didn’t know water was harmful to them

Maybe their ship ran out of fuel.

The water was tainted, that’s why the girl didn’t like drinking it

Water can also kill you lol

FPBP, /thread.

>N-N-NOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHY WOULD THE ALIENS GO TO THE WATER PLANET!?

Attached: 1652133380792.png (388x477, 264.19K)

They were quite literally demons

Why do midwits get hung up on the water thing? Would an alien (intelligent enough to travel the universe) get tricked by a pajeet and locked in his pantry? No it’s an old monster thing that they can’t operate doors and shit.

There's wayer vapor in the atmosphere i mean holy shit these aliens can't open doors either

it's not water they're allergic to, it's holy water.

Holy shit the cope.

>Still the dumbest plot hole ever, and no your angel/demon metaphor doesn't matter.

It's not a metaphor.
It's you being a retardo.

Maybe they were desperate? Imagine if humans were voyaging across the stars desperate for resources, we'd probably land on the first planet that bore intelligent life inferior to us, even if we find out only later everyone is made of flesh melting acid like xenomorphs

>>land on planet that's 95% water

You failed school, hm OP?

The most convincing explanation I've found aside from the demon theory (retarded) is that the aliens sent to earth were just an inferior drone species dropped on the planet to scout and test our weaknesses. It would also explain why a pantry door is a mystery to a mindless hive drone

it wasn't the water that hurt them, it was the chemicals in the water
the little girl said so

We were only pretending to be retarded....

reddit: the sci-fi movie

It's stated in the movie that other humans found a "rudimentary" way to defeat them, which I can assume to be a water hose or some shit. If it was holy water was the true weakness there's no way in hell the whole planet could repulse an invasion unless they have priests out there with water cannons. Mel Gibson wasn't even a priest anymore by the time an alien was inside his house, anyway

> aliens
Is there a more canonical example of the audience being dumber than the movie?

Water doesn't burn my skin though

Also, the aliens were hiding in the clouds

That's like humans parking their cars in a fire pit and expecting nothing to go wrong

Also, it doesn't make any sense as to why the aliens would choose a planet that rains, and when the rain dries, it causes moisture to linger in the air

The pope just blesses all of the water on earth stupid lol

Maybe only water in its liquid state is enough to penetrate their skin, and perhaps they never encountered liquid water on their planet

Fluoride in tap water is killing them

Pope Francis would be out there welcoming them as immigrants and kissing their feet as our new overlords.

I know, I was just being retarded

The movie is a must see imo

I saw it in the theater during a time when the internet was just starting out, and NO one had any idea what they were seeing

It was truly a magical time back in the day where the word "spoiler" had no context to it other than "someone has spoiled the sheets"

>girl doesn't drink the water, says it tastes funny
>clearly it has been poisoned by Lionel Pritchard and the Wolfington Brothers
>aliens touch poisoned water
>they are poisoned and die

The movie literally explains everything to you

Attached: 1592604158652.png (209x192, 94.86K)

I don't know where I saw this interpretation but I found it interesting, though I don't know if it's correct.
The idea was that the aliens aren't invaders but prisoners left on earth to die.
Imagine you were dropped naked on a planet that is 95% acid occupied by a primitive species that is violent and territorial.
Erath is basically hell for the aliens who are sent here to be punished.

I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT

Attached: 1652220164429.png (360x450, 246.8K)

Wanna know the real twist of the movie? The police lady was right, It really was female Scandanavian high-jumpers

Attached: m-night-shyamalan-know-your-meme-52401865.png (500x608, 137.47K)

I see someone listens to Movies: a podcast about the act of cinema

Then why did they go inside the people's houses?

That's like a person going inside a bear cave and expecting nothing to happen

Actually, the aliens had skateboards on consignment down at the local shop, when the lady started spitting on the skateboards the aliens came to get their revenge. Simple as

As I said it's just an interesting interpretation. I doubt it's what the writers intended, which is why it's not perfect.

They knew water was poisonous to them which is why they tried to stay away from large bodies of water, but what they didn't anticipate was people spraying them with water.

So what is most likely is that they thought humans were too stupid to just spray them with water for no reason. Maybe the actual invasion force was considered expendable for some reason too like they were artificially created so it didn't matter if humans figured out a way to kill them.

How did the author of the book know that aliens could read minds, and you needed aluminum headgear to avoid their mindrays? He ended up being right- did he have previous contact with the aliens?

They're not aliens, they're demons and they're allergic to holy water not just water

Space suits are for pussies and they werent there to invade anyway, it was just a raid.

This Is actually an interesting take if you think about It, there really was something in the water that caught the aliens offguard.

>did he have previous contact with the aliens?
He was an alien himself.

This, OP is a homo

Book?

No, m. Knight wrote the screen play

Desperation, besides, the aliens are taller, stronger and literally spray poisonous gas, not exactly the same as a human going into a bear cave, if It wasn't for their stupidity (probably a result of stress and lack of food or sleep) and weakness to water a human would be hard pressed to win the 1v1

1 on 1

Uh nah bro, a teenager with a baseball bat can kill these things. Their only real advantage is camouflage and jumping onto roofs.

Maybe he saw the future like mel gibson's wife, and since that was Divine intervention It wouldn't be far fetched to say that guy wrote that book specifically for mel gibson's family to see, It even has the exact drawings of his house and their deaths.

A teenager spraying acid all over the place and beating the shit out of the desperate alien amidst the confusion*

Without the water they'd be done.

Even if it is a Biblical metaphor or whatever, the movie looks dumb as fuck because CGI looks bad, therefore it's bad. However, it's still sort of comfy.

Metaphorically, right? But literally that's not correct

The Demon theory:
>We never see spaceships or tech, they aren't armed either.
>The movies states the first fight back against them happened in the Middle East/Holy Land, even though there is less water there.
>The whole final conflict is the combination of life moments: the trauma of the accident, the "swing away" last words, the glasses of water everywhere.
>The main character is a religious man, a priest, who lost his faith.
>Ray, the man who killed his wife, literally has one of them locked in his closet.
>Signs meaning holy signs.
The water surrounding the alien becomes "Holy Water" by a combination of events.

>they were demons,not aliens

Attached: 1620937324953.jpg (828x581, 192.57K)

Shouldn't blame the audience. It is clear what M. Night was going for. Relies on the premise that demons in a modern secular world would be mistaken for aliens.

I know it's bait but it's just nonsense. Humans invade inhospitable places all the time, and the aliens weren't invading the water parts anyway.

He was a pastor so the water became holy by osmosis of being near him, unbeknownst to Mel. I like it. but it was a global phenomenon, they were vulnerable to water

Fpbp

Movie is pure atmospheric kino.

>aliens allergic to Earth biome
>land on Earth

Still the dumbest plot hole ever, and no your "slain by the humblest things on Earth" metaphor doesn't matter. If it can't function as a literal story on top of an allegorical one then just write a movie

Attached: david-simon-tripods3-wip15.jpg (1920x960, 266.33K)

humans are kinda allergic to the vacuum of space and yet we went to the moon

>yet we went to the moon
Sureeeeeee we did.

Your smooth marble sized brain has been utterly defeated by the genius metaphor that is War of the Worlds.

>not realising it was a joke

>man gets shot
>oh no I'm allergic to lead and velocity!

True but we also knew the vacuum would kill people and took the necessary precautions. It's not like humans walked on the moon in a tshirt and hawaiian shorts.

Pretty sure you're allergic to uranium, but still need it for nuclear power station.