“Oh, you wanted a show about Obi-Wan?”

Too bad, you’re getting angry black woman instead!

>Essentially, if the leaks turn out to be true, Star Wars will be retconned so that Obi-Wan Kenobi failed to protect Luke Skywalker… and in fact an inquisitor had the opportunity to kill him as a boy. However, out of goodness in her heart, she overcomes the desire to kill him and instead sacrifices her own life by being killed by Darth Vader himself. In that regard, Obi-Wan Kenobi will be made a failure twice-over: he will have now failed to save Anakin from becoming Vader AND failed to actually protect Luke from the Empire. Only by luck and the good-hearted nature of an inquisitor will Luke be spared. A woman of color will have filled in for an incompetent Kenobi and then given her life to the rage of a white man behind a mask.

Attached: 0DF3A134-FD25-4AAF-B9EE-7ADFB2C8CA1B.jpg (1242x1223, 209.54K)

What's the tiny asian lady's role in this?

She’s the director of the series.

Ewan and Hayden both look great

Why is anyone surprised?

I don’t even care anymore, I just hate Lucas with a burning passion.

>Hayden
Nigga are you fr fr?

>and she was a good friend

you're kidding

Attached: 1597720036350.jpg (780x439, 79.65K)

Look, fuck you anons. You don't understand how hard it is to make a streaming service show that doesn't get smashed by a backlash now. If you have all women you get slammed for not having POC women. If you have all POC women you get slammed for not having one of the specific ethnicities as if you deliberately excluded them because. Not because you only had so many characters to work with. So in every production, whether it serves the story or not you need to have Black, Asian, and Latin women. Ignoring Indian women is fine for some reason. Our metrics show that there's no viewer drop when we do that, possibly because the white women who are 80% of our subscribers don't care for Indian women. That's how it stands

>2022
>still watching star wars

>You don't understand how hard it is to make a streaming service show
it's easy
just don't be such a fag and tell people to fuck off

Should make Darth Maul and him become friends.

>tell people to fuck off
Yep telling the paying customer to fuck off is the mantra of success isn't it. Look I'm just letting off steam about navigating all the intersections. It's fine. I'm not actually saying shows would be better targeted to nerd males. If YOU wanted producers to factor your preferences in - single males - you should have subbed to a service instead of pirating. It's at the top of our demo guidance docs - "Single male demo weight is zero because they do not pay."

basically this. white people still have the most money, why should i about losing 4% over nigger crack money?

Witcher, Halo, Star Trek, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings. Who’s going to be niggerified next?

Why couldn’t they just hire an attractive actress? Some black cutie playing an inquisitor with a black leather outfit would make my pp really hard

you shouldn't be thinking about the viewer once while making film
but then again you're an ugly faggot shitbird hack and I eat niggas like you for lunch
see you at cannes next year fuckboi

>If YOU wanted producers to factor your preferences in - single males - you should have subbed to a service instead of pirating.

i live in a shithole country with low wages and I switched from pirating to streaming, while it had good shows. now i pirate because everything has forced diversity, and they don't deserve my money anymore.

>Yep telling the paying customer to fuck off
I'm not talking about paying customers I'm talking about faggots like you who give a fuck about shoehorning nonsense into art to appease a faceless mob of retards

We're not making film here buddy, don't you worry about that. We know much better than you that we're making 'content'.

But if you make something good, instead of the woke Olympics, single men will watch it and talk about how great it is. Then women will watch it and pretend to like it so they won’t seem out of the loop.

>don't you worry about that
I don't think about you at all

Idc how it turns out, I'm just happy to see my boy hayden act again.

>implying i give enough of a shit to still watch this crap

That's fine but why is it even star wars when the target demographic is bored women?

Attached: WedgesEntireHead-ROTJ.png (1152x1440, 2.61M)

hahaha
>just lose all your production money but 5 years later lots of cool people will rent your movie as a dollar weekly to watch in their cult film scene

because bean counters have no business being allowed within 30 miles of creative

money men and producers should be sent to the gulag

under a mask? or is this before he become vader?

she's the fluffer

How about you chew on this for one second: People are making art. There are films that come from passion etc. Could it be that your mistake is looking for the that in literally Disney+'s fourth spinoff desperate cash-clawback budget nostalgia streaming show? Maybe?? Maybe Taco Bell isn't the place to find a michelin meal? Do you think anyone can do anything except laugh at someone whining that their taco bell is "soulless"?

It’s about getting the maximum audience size
You can get the white male audience just by waving McGregor and Christensen in front of the camera for a few minutes so the rest of the show can be about appealing to other demographics

there's literally zero reason that it can't be great
you're just a soulless dipshit who's propped up by literal black budgets

I actually smelled you out already lol. I was going to call you a communist in a previous post but I didn't want to make it needlessly personal. Then, there it is

>so the rest of the show can be about appealing to other demographics
this is why you keep losing

Gina evertime, i dont even care its been dun b4

Attached: serenity-nathan-fillion-gina-torres-alan-tudyk-morena-baccarin-adam-baldwin-jewel-staite-sean-maher-summer-glau-firefly-dvdbash23.jpg (583x863, 143.43K)

>That's fine but why is it even star wars when the target demographic is bored women?

Because women have no imagination beyond "muh pussy" so they need to steal/invade other stories. Then, because everything is about "muh pussy" they inject sex and racism and homo and trans because every white woman needs issues.
White women are literally the most privileged class on the planet, and they have nothing to complain about, so they invent issues. Point in fact, Emma Watson, saying "Men need to step up".
Bitch, you're standing on a society that men literally built from nothing.

TLDR; because white women are bored

This is a much more interesting question. Possibly the same reason there was an uncharted movie with the completely inappropriate Tom Holland. sunk costs fallacy/'what do we already own'/contracts

you're thrashing king
I'm talking about the current crop of yes-men filmschool nepotism hacks that have ruined the industry
we need a THX-1138 george lucas esq revival that cuts faggots like you off for good

did anyone else starting laughing when the black lady starting screaming in the trailer?

If I was making a show/movie I'd look at the demographics and then cater to that
Why do they look at the demo to make a show the fans will hate?

Attached: DEY.png (1104x1264, 1013.82K)

>did anyone else starting laughing
more like puking

>zero reason it can't be great
You think shows don't depend on writers or something? It's just the rights to the character, put it in machine, get a script out, film it? Oh, no, you understand that talented writers with integrity are necessary. And... you think they opt to work with Dinsey plus on Tattooine Show 3: Last Gasp failed franchise rights black mark

>Hayden's getting old

Attached: 1644432429679.jpg (570x623, 135.87K)

>Why do they look at the demo to make a show the fans will hate?
because they're literally just punishing you and making up random bullshit to justify it

There is an indian woman imperial officer in this show...
Clownface.jpg

>And... you think they opt to work with Dinsey plus on Tattooine Show 3
well if you pay me enough and promise not to be such a disgusting faggot in my presence maybe I'd consider it

They fuck is Hayden wearing?
Looks like a goth MC Hammer

That's not going to happen because film is not the thing anymore. You are living in the past. You aren't going to get a renegade film maker renaissance any more than you were going to get a fresh radio serial troupe in the 70s to bring radio back to the a big thing. Nobody is going to even make films in 20 years.

so now it is about maximizing returns

star wars fanbase has always been the majority white males, they want to open more markets by including women and POC

it's about hiring people who are creatively talented to run every department so shitheads like you can go back to their grocery bagging jobs in iowa where you belong

>She’s the director of the series.
dropped

>You aren't going to get a renegade film maker renaissance
watch me faggot
>they want to open more markets by including women and POC
ensuring that they'll get exactly 32% of nothing

Who exactly is driving this backlash and has it ever worked in your favour listening to them? What would happen if you ignored Twitter for once? Maybe it wouldn’t be as disastrous as you think, and a valuable lesson that Twitter does not represent the majority of the audience by far.

Is Disney literally incapable of producing films/shows that don’t star black women?

It's not about getting a large audience, it's about shaping society. It's pure propaganda like in China or the soviet union. It's not about money. Their buddies at the fed print fake money for them. You're paying for it through inflation.

>Who exactly is driving this backlash
literally nobody
they're making it up in their heads to justify ruining everything on purpose

So just make streaming services into something totally different. Just make Cosmo magazine into a serialized publication of Brothers Karamazov.
MAYBE STOP TRYING TO READ COSMO
Streaming service shows are for WOMEN, okay? Get it through your head dude.
>Burrr why is this makeup kit full of shit like mascara that isn't useful for my electronics job??
Why did you buy a makeup kit
>SHUT UP THEy shouLD haVE hiRed MeN at LOreAL

women watch what their boyfriends/husbands decide you greasy cunt

The demographic for Star Wars is still overwhelmingly white, middle-aged men right? Has that changed? If not, why would you alienate these people from passing their love of the franchise on to their kids? I’m certainly not getting my sons into Star Wars anymore at this point. Why should I?

>So just make streaming services into something totally different.
no you make something original instead of ruining old IP's because you're literally incapable of being creative

Rose Taco

>I’m certainly not getting my sons into Star Wars anymore at this point.
the irony is that this is EXACTLY their goal
and it's working flawlessly

...Reminder
They still haven't released a remastered non-special, original trilogy.

The future doesn’t belong to your sons, it belongs to people of color, especially Black women. Those are the people who will wield power and shape culture in the future, so we want to reach out to them and get them invested in our franchises by representing their communities on screen.

>IM FINNA GETCH YO ASS KENOBI! YO WHITE ASS CANT HIDE FOEVA!

Attached: Boon.png (644x544, 188.83K)

>Disney™ announced that the original trilogy will be scrubbed from reality for enforcing such gendered and bigoted stereotypes such as heroism and compassion
>the new star wars original trilogy will begin re-shoots starting immediately
>starring idris elba as luke
>and taneesha shaneequa as princess leia