*wears special grippy tippy shoes*

>*wears special grippy tippy shoes*
>*uses magic sticky power*
What the fuck, how was that an accomplishment? The mountain practically climbed itself. And what was with the furries fucking in a camp on the way up?

Attached: FreeSolo2.jpg (1920x2560, 703.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NG2zyeVRcbs
youtube.com/watch?v=4IliXmcAr9Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Julius Evola's favorite movie

wht not just rent a helicopter if u want to get to the top of a mountain

his gf was super cute
although you are correct op he basically cheated. not to mention he did the easiest route that he had climbed hundreds of times before and other people had claimed thousands of times.

okay then you do it OP

People don’t watch it because he’s accomplishing anything. They watch it because they really want to see him fall.

Mogs your climbing movie and bonus points for an even more autistic person

Attached: the autist.jpg (1175x1763, 469.11K)

His girlfriend was an idiot who clearly dropped him on purpose as she didn't want him climbing anymore and to spend more time with her

I know this is bad bait, I will take it to let this thread live

dude, he can break a rock with those fingers

Attached: Untitled74337411.png (757x440, 27.68K)

this guy came off as a huge prick but I doubt using chalk is cheating.. Olympic weightlifters can use chalk. Olympic climbers doing the demonstration sport this year were allowed to use chalk. Nice bait tho.

Captain Kirk did it first. Shatner literally did his own climbing for this scene.

Attached: kirk_climbing (1).png (480x220, 224.48K)

Literally this

Climbing a mountain because you want to prove something is mega retarded. You'll still be the same dumbass when you get to the top.

In rock climbing competitions, most climbers use chalk. It is mostly for keeping sweat from making your hands slippery, and protecting the skin on them. I prefer to not use it, or use very minimal amounts because it can make your grip worse if your hands are pretty dry.

>t. hobbyist rock climber with 7 years of experience.

Free climbers and cave explorers are a different kind of sociopaths

The Sherpas are basically carrying them up

Attached: Mt Everest.jpg (2048x1365, 460.57K)

With those metal clip things they bang into the rock and thread the rope thru to hold their weight, how do they work? Won’t they just tear out if the rock if a climber falls?

Those have weird ratcheting cams on them. The more you pull on them, the tighter they grip into the lock.

Sometimes they do pull out, thats why they use more than one.

I never did that. My favorite is bouldering and toprope.

Cheers. I’m a shut in myself, but live vicariously through YouTube

>*scuba tank gets stuck for 5 seconds*
>*completely fucking lose it, drown immediately, nearly get three other divers killed*
Dude could've just breathed for like two seconds and would've been fine what the hell

Attached: 682595156936962 .jpg (2554x1440, 463.47K)

idk why watching videos about idiots dying in caves is so kino

The cams used for trad climbing are sometimes preferred over bolts just because you know that in a secure placement that is 100% bomber, versus (for me) the occasional thought if you wonder that the person who did the bolting knew wtf they were doing. Both are pretty bomber tho, it’s basically impossible to die even if a bolt blows

Attached: 9EAB970D-A255-4CD1-AF7A-AAA295FDA525.jpg (1920x1080, 367.14K)

>The mountain practically climbed itself

Attached: 1586225932907.gif (203x288, 845.02K)

Based. Gotta get the experience somehow. At least you'll know what you're talking about.

youtube.com/watch?v=NG2zyeVRcbs

It proves you have bigger balls than anybody else

solo climbing is the ultimate autist hobby. I recommend all anons to go to mountains. once you stop being fat, climb the mountains.

Attached: x13_1.jpg (1050x754, 84.74K)

allegedly it's quite fun. i'm more of a mountain BIKES person though, much more fun down than up.

so why didn't anyone else do it yet?

>successfully dives as deep as anyone has survived repeatedly
>spots a body at the bottom of the cave structure
>sets up an elaborate and highly dangerous plan as one of a handful of men on the planet qualified to recover the man's remains for his family
>executes plan but as he's wrapping the body up becomes entangled in his safety line
>begins to hyperventilate
>tries to get situation under control while experiencing extreme respiratory stress
>eventually loses consciousness and dies
>team members on site acting as relays at higher depths emergency surface to try to rescue him or do anything
>almost die of the bends as a result
>have to notify the family that your close friend failed his mission, that he died and their son will likely never be recovered now
>several days later while removing equipment they set for the mission they pull the safety line out and up come two bodies entangled in the line
There have been a couple of short documentaries made about it, but it would make for absolutely top tier kino if done in the hybrid style of Operation Overdue.

Attached: dshaw.jpg (600x800, 102.68K)

How likely are falls? Just falling once would make me never want to rock climb again

Yes I've heard this one a couple times, the most in depth (heh) video on it was the Dive Talk one
youtube.com/watch?v=4IliXmcAr9Q

>how was that an accomplishment?
whens the last time you actually touched grass? can you even remember?

Basically guaranteed, especially sport climbing where you basically meant to be pushing yourself to your limit (might mean falling many times attempting the same route). Trad climbing is a bit different, most people will climb several grades below their sport grade to ensure there’s almost no chance of a fall (pushing yourself to the max where you might be unable to find somewhere to place gear is not ideal). Even though trad placements are bomber it is difficult psychological barrier to overcome

This sounds terrifying. Do women do sports climbing in any significant numbers? I’m willing to bet no

>whole thing was recorded too

based

Attached: free solo guy.png (600x600, 465.57K)

>sport focuses on requiring grip and upper-body strength, with height/limb length being a significant advantage
Not in any significant numbers, no.

Stop saying bomber, it sounds gay and I don't like it.

I was thinking more of the adrenaline/risk taking aspects. I’m sure the Clinton foundation would fund a specially designed women’s only climbing range

i bet his finger blast game is strong

could probably rip his girlfriends pussy straight out of her body with his vice grip, i reckon

chicks are probably into that

It’s pretty scary the first couple of times but if you get into it you start worrying about falling preventing you from completing the route “clean” (i.e. you didn’t fall/rest once) rather then worrying about a fall fucking you up. It’s definitely a sport filled with men but they can still be really competitive at climbing, whereas something like weightlifting it’s not possible

>Jimmy Chin
Sounds like a mobster name. Jimmy "The Chin" Gigolo.

Attached: 1501308554168.jpg (890x890, 517.25K)

Why was his gf into him in the first place? She was way better looking and he was a douche. Was she just attracted to his willingness to endanger his own life?

Attached: Free Solo gf.png (748x761, 800.55K)

>his gf was super cute
His gf was gold digging cunt who very nearly crippled him (I'd be shocked if he was really fully recovered) and who will be bitching him out of his passion by now.

>once you stop being fat
Yeah, about that...

More likely than climbs.

He was quite famous by then.

>Why was his gf into him in the first place?
Life insurance.

>who very nearly crippled him (I'd be shocked if he was really fully recovered)
What did I miss? I don't remember this 8n the documentary.

He gave up free soloing

They were climbing together roped up and she wasn't holding the line tight, or fucked up a belay or something. I don't remember exactly but the jist of it was that she fucked up and he got injured as a result and she blamed it on the stress of having to see him do dangerous things as if she wasn't the one who wormed her way into his life in the first place. Typical womanshit.

I unironically hate women so fucking much. A lot of them, at least.

its strength, not twitch muscles.
Now the guys who tap 20hz+ at guitar hero and tetris...

>Was she just attracted to his willingness to endanger his own life?
yes, young women are immensely attracted to danger-seeking behavior

what do they care if you die?

I did it, just didn't record it

>this guy came off as a huge prick
How so?

Learn the truth about the Jewish takeover of Ukraine at Davidduke.com. Check out the radio show.

Attached: jewkraine.jpg (768x416, 78.74K)

meds

that story was absolutely riveting when I first read it

Underrated.

you know you are in a truly special part of the internet if youre discussing how a guy who looked at a gigantic mountain and said
>im gonna climb this without ropes lol
is being written off. i doubt any of you have done a single thing with your lives

Attached: 1623217881080.png (512x512, 310.34K)

Only people who don't value their lives because they lived their lives in EASY MODE would risk their lives in such a manner. This is on the same level idiocy as climbing the Himalayas recreationally.