Can someone explain to me why people say Avatar's story is bad?

Can someone explain to me why people say Avatar's story is bad?

I've always thought it was amazing, and enjoy the characters immensely. I'm 31, and probably watch 50-100 movies a year since I was a teenager, and studied film in college. So I've seen a lot of movies, but honestly can't think of any that I can definitively say have a significantly better story than Avatar's. There are films that I can say have a more complicated/convoluted story, but that doesn't mean it's better, and is usually to the film's detriment.

So I come to you, Yea Forums, masters and autists of film: what are the names of some films with 10/10 godlike stories that I've somehow missed seeing in my life that will blow Avatar's story out of the water?

Attached: avatar1-cake.jpg (600x600, 64.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_savior_narrative_in_film
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>dancing with wolfs in space

It's fern gulley and dances with wolves set in space. It's not bad it's just rehashed and derivative; of course nowadays that's every movie.

Attached: 1261684857377.jpg (956x1054, 154.61K)

Only difference is that Dances is actually good and Costner is a good actor

That all said, I do look forward to seeing Abatap back if he didn't die of krokodil overdose or getting raped as a conscript or dropped into the Black Sea or some shit.

Attached: 1387613236556.png (600x456, 272.74K)

Does anyone else think Avatar is basically Dances with Wolves in space?

no, it sucks because they kill the dog to make you sad

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_savior_narrative_in_film
Nah, you're the only one it's occured to.

I want you to do this next time someone says avatar’s story is bad. I want you to look at them and see if they are an anglogermcuck. Odds are that yes they are. And why is this you might ask? Great question! Anglogermcucks are not only guilty of various invasions of native lands but are also highly insecure over their Asiatic identities and need to promote the idea that they can change their ethnicity if they move elsewhere (eg they can be European or African). The truth is that this does not happen and they will forever be Asians no matter where they go, so this makes them seethe whenever they are reminded of this. Avatar is a movie that reminds them of such things.

>basically dances with wolves in space

Attached: yfw.png (600x800, 12.2K)

It's Ferngully and Dances with Wolves, only more nonsensical, ham-fisted, and clumsy than both. And Ferngully is a children's film.

It's ok to like campy movies. I like several shit movies some over the top and others not so. They have some charm to them. Only a soulless contrarians would go out in their way to shit on movies that they never watched.

dude avatar's story was irredeemably bad...
what is uplifting about a paraplegic with a sense of honor and looking for something to fight for finding love with an alien species and getting his legs back?
there's nothing original about that story AT ALL and it's basically just Dances with Wolves in Space
shame on you for not knowing this-- I mean don't you remember the scene in Dances with Wolves where Kevin Costner invents avatar technology and gets a new body. So generic....
Cameroon is a total joke and a hack and will never compare to great directors like Josh Sneedon
anyway I gotta run and watch the new Marvel capeshit TM film starring my favorite character batman-- can't wait to see his parents get killed in an alley for the 50th time this decade in their highly original reboot

Isn't it weird that furfags left this alone?

Guys it's just Dances with Wolves in space. It's derivative and Ferngully.

The story wasn’t bad. It won Best Picture when it was called Dances with Wolves.

Forgot to add, I'm trans btw

I watched the behind the scenes making of for Avatar recently and the amount of effort and time they that they put into the world-building, Pandora, Na'vi is absolutely insane. And it shows.

Say what you want, but no movie comes close to a living breathing sci-fi fantasy like this one.

Attached: d054daa01146a35d322af541991dfd_922a5da68b_500.jpg (500x440, 29.91K)

Not bad, just maybe 20 years too late.

The scriptment was floating around way before the movie and was way more hard sci-fi and elaborate. We got a more simplified, "mythical" version.

>Wolfs

That's because it skipped that shit and moved straight to otherkin tier.
When avatar was new it was fucking creepy as hell. People who weren't used to CGI settings were enthralled by it and imagining themselves to be reborn na'vi and shit like that.

Don't they have sex by touching their hair together? Maybe that's why

Waiting for the Tyrell Corporation to come back and nuke the planet from orbit.

Wow that page is hella racist.

>people can now only save their own race/society
Democrat logic.

His body was actually literally thrown into the garbage dump pile

They didn't though...?

>unobtanium

>fern gully in space

Only good when Avatar has shit story shit characters and shit dialog.

It was bad but there's been way worse over 12 years

Meds. Now.

When it came out i remember thinking it used every cheap attempt to pull heartstrings in the book because it's easier than telling a good story. At the time the CGI and tech was nifty and that carried it. Not so much anymore.

do russians like avatar so much because they already live in a bleak polluted hellscape?

Antz

Except its not

Pocahontas

its story wasn't bad just kinda stock. it was an at times impressive tech demo but not very compelling film.

fuck avatar

Attached: neytiri asks u to sit down (1).webm (540x960, 1.31M)

It's a good story archetype. It's even noted that the same situation happened among conquistadors.

It's not "bad", just plain and already used before (Dance With the Wolfs, Pocahontas etc). The plot structure is extremely common. It's not 100% fresh, original.

Cameron has its merits to wrap it in a new carcass, with high tech and pro-nature vibe. Also, 3D helped a lot to sell the movie in 2009.

But the essence of the flick is simple as fuck.

>bleep blorp
>initiate Dances w/ Wolves protocol

Attached: F3B7D61E-E53B-41F6-B05A-C6A16ED77845.jpg (1950x1300, 91.59K)

We have been memeing since at least 635 days before release.

And still can't come up with anything good. Says a lot about your source material and taste levels.

anglo spotted

this is what butthurt haters actually believe

you sound upset. Might I consider coping? Pandora, she approaches whether you care for it or not, old sport.

Attached: 224CDCE2-31DF-4737-AEC1-A2875FB80FC5.png (1059x1060, 333.26K)

go be depressed somewhere else tranny

>The Great Wall
Come the fuck on the movie was made by Chinese people they can put whoever they want into their movie about China without getting Baizuo to double-guess them

Nothing for me to cope with. I make pretty classic tier memes myself.

Uh, didn't abatap meet an unfortunate end after an user from here pretended to be a woman in order to arrange a meeting with him?

>I've always thought it was amazing
A dude comes to a new land and sees a girl. First she hates them, then she loves him.

We've seen this a billion times and so have you. Did you see Disney's Pocahontas growing up? Identical.

The story has a nice message and all but it's like most fags here already said. The whole thing have already been done multiple times. The movie got famous and successful because of the said message it brings and the visual effects. That's all.

I wish. All that white man's burden shit backfired, we got zero gratitude and a bunch of brainwashed trash with smartphones that hate us for being better than them.

This has to be bait, right?

I think I fell asleep during Avatar. It's cliche after cliche and boring as shit. It has some great visuals and is imaginative enough where I still didn't hate the movie, but it really was not that interesting or fun of a movie.

>56 replies
>still not a single person who has named a movie with a story better than Avatar

I think OP's point has been proven. Nobody has a good reason to dislike Avatar's story, it's just a go-to excuse to be a pretentious little bitch

what do Antz and Avatar even have in common?

Do they need something in common? It's a valid answer.

Back To The Future
Star Wars
Once Upon A Time In The West

What's wrong with being derivative?
Have you read The Seven Basic Plots? All good stories are just one of them.