Matt Reeves wanted to make 'the most emotional Batman movie ever' with The Batman

>The clips were cut with behind-the-scenes glimpses and footage of Reeves and his cast talking about the film, which the director revealed was partially inspired by Frank Miller's Batman: Year One. "I felt that we've seen lots of origin stories. It seems things go further and further into fantasy, and I thought, well, one place we haven't been is grounding it in the way that Year One does, to come right in to a young Batman, not being an origin tale, but referring to his origins and shaking him to his core," Reeves said in the featurette. "You can have it be very practical, but I also thought it could be the most emotional Batman movie ever made."

Did he success? I personally thought the movie was pretty good but wouldn't call it as grounded as Year One or the most emotional.

Attached: TheBatmanReeves.png (704x676, 205.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l3mivD5wdTQ&ab_channel=FlashbackFM
youtu.be/ozz5L5K77-M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I didn't feel a thing lol so he failed

MMMMMMMM MMMMMMMM

Top kek

Returns is the most emotional, but not for Batman
TDK tries that but Rachel's death goes by so q

Returns was so sad

Attached: _methode_times_prodmigration_web_bin_47a8b2a7-49c8-3d5f-99f1-c99ea2c9461e.jpg (780x520, 57.03K)

Serkis and Pattison delivered on that. No argument there. The problems lie in the other part of the film.

The Alfred hospital scene was emotional. Other than that I don't see what he's talking about.

No. I felt nothing during this movie. Bruce and Alfred’s relationship was terrible. Bruce is a emo retard. And Selina was annoying so I didn’t care about her and Bruce’s romance. And the “twist” about the Wayne was pointless.

He suceeded I cried at how bad the movie was

It definitely is. I couldn't give a single shit about any of the characters from the Nolan trilogy and the ones before that are all fairly cartoony and light-hearted.

KINO capeshit, third act sucked but the ending monologue partly saved it

I don’t feel like any other Batman movie even tries to be emotional so it almost wins just by default.

Whatever he tried it worked because The Batman is the best Batman film ever made

How can anyone pretend this 'film' was not unbearably cringe? Please no sequel.

If boredom is an emotion, he succeeded.

this
there wasn't ONE moment that connected emotionally
even nolan who's notorious for lacking effective emotion in his films did leagues better

The scene with the sick Alfred and Bruce in Batman and Robin mogs all of The Batman

you mean emo..yeah he made the most emo batman ever

To me the only problem with the third act is that they had to make the riddler and the green militia stupid to define him as evil, because as a vigilante he has a valid point.

I want to commit domestic terrorism, keep in mind.

Attached: 1652155020434.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

I hate this soi era of "cinema" so much bros

BRAVO REEVES
BRAVO

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-05-10-20h43m27s261.png (1920x1080, 1.42M)

Nope still BVS

Batfleck deserves his own solo movie. That's for sure.

Is cringe a emotion?

checked, riddler wasnt doing anything wrong

Attached: cheers brother.gif (297x192, 953.05K)

yes, its a form of disgust

i laughed at all the people who died in batman and the penguin's car chase scene. what a hero batman is, killing a bunch of innocent people because he needed to ask the penguin if he's "el rata de lada".

Honestly it was kind of shit. The general themes just felt amateur. I can't explain it but it was cringe quite often.

SOMETHINGS IN MY ASS!

fuckin batman vs superman was more emotional than this shit. 3 hours of batman walking around a crime scene. who gives a shit

The "romance" sucked in this. I hope he doesn't direct a fucking draft for the second movie.

he just memed a nirvana song
Something in my ass hmmmmmmm

Attached: kevo.jpg (240x360, 10.48K)

I felt emotion and still do when the Penguin died and all of his little penguin followers were lamenting his death together and had a burial at sea funeral service for him. The Batman made me feel fucking nothing at all. Absolutely nothing.

youtube.com/watch?v=l3mivD5wdTQ&ab_channel=FlashbackFM

Attached: sadness.png (1278x720, 856.75K)

Based Matt Reeves, he delivers.

Attached: 168234239485.jpg (1366x768, 971.32K)

I cried when I saw the hamfisted hackneyed BLM political themes. JUST LIKE MUH BATMAN FROM DA COMICS

If you exit out of the movie when the incel shooter aims the gun barrel at Batmans head it turns super kino and the movie becomes a 10/10. Which is exactly what I did.

>incel shooter

HE IS AN ABUSED ORPHAN!

Release the 4 hour cut.

>Batman Returns: Penguin death and fulneral
>Batman Forever: Bruce Wayne flashbacks
>TDK: The entire climax of the film
>Batman v Superman: Opening montage, Superman's sacrifice
>The Batman: Wypipo are... LE BAD
Bravo Reeves, very emotional indeed

Attached: 1650607391403.jpg (499x499, 190.74K)

What a beautiful theme. So full of rage and sadness.

Failed miserably there

replace emotional with boring and he's right

If anything it was a more “dark” *wink* *wink* aka actually adorkable in an emo way Batboy than ever before. Dark like My Chemical Romance’s Helena.

>TDKR
>batmans first return to the streets
>batman falls and is defeated by bane
>batmans second return to the city
>closing montage
TDKR gets a lot of shit and it may be the weakest of the trilogy but it had its moments of pure kino and emotion

ok if you exit out of the movie when the orphan shooter aims the gun at batmans head the movie becomes super kino.

>retarded zoomers who have only seen ten movies in their entire lives think a generic boring movie about a generic cliche serial killer who targets corrupt politicians is mindblowing
>that shit slaps those corrupt ass holes deserved it fr fr that's so mind blowing, think about it, he was killing...CORRUPT PEOPLE...the villain...was killing...BAD PEOPLE..wow...the villain...did nothing wrong...holy shit...riddler did nothing wrong...dude....the movie is deep...because the villain was actually killing people who deserved it
Stupid fucking faggot zoomers think a serial killer killing corrupt politicians is the most mind blowing thing ever. It's overdone as fuck and boring. Textbook way to make your villain as boring as possible.

Attached: zoomers brainwashed into fawning over mutts.jpg (800x464, 132.18K)

youtu.be/ozz5L5K77-M

For me, Clooney is the best Bruce Wayne to date. He's human and sympathetic. Affleck the second best.

>noooo you cant enjoy new thing you have to hate new thing like me because i am based!!!!
lmfao shut the fuck up you seething midwit faggoty retard. i was shitposting on Yea Forums before your daddy shot you up your mamas cunt.

Attached: 1644029002452.jpg (368x367, 48.85K)

Great counter arguments. You have convinced me that my opinion is incorrect.

Once again, I thought autistic Batman was great.

I felt a lot of emotions
>boredom
>second-hand embarrassment
>
Ig I felt two emotions

>cliche boring cliched serial killer movie killing cliched evil corrupt politicians and le epic cereal killer does le nothing wrong
name 20 movies where this happens. now.

This was one of Pattison worst performances. Just a dogshit one note performance. Although this rests more on Reeves fault. It’s such an indie thing that underacting = depth. Pattison has great range, why not use it?

How is Nolan leagues? The only emotions I felt watching his Batmen were ‘boredom’ and ‘annoyance’

I only watched the first 20 minutes but it felt like a college film project with a huge budget rather than a professional movie. Had to turn it off. Just...odd choices.

Leftists really are giving away stoicism and manliness to the Right huh

same energy lel
not a surprise though considering he's good friends with JJ

Attached: file.jpg (620x937, 189.61K)

Boring as hell, I physically cringed the entire time
Worst movie ever

There's some kino instants, just instants hidden in it.

Attached: 1652156533057.webm (1280x720, 973.82K)

Really? I didn't find any of it to be emotionally driven or moving. The mystery and intrigue take center stage. The stuff with Bruce and Alfred insists on interactions that weren't really there.

Maybe I have a problem but those moments make me feel sad. Makes me think about how Wayne is a piece of shit treating Alfred that way. I feel legit sad.

>Pattison has great range, why not use it?
Chosing this role was one big mistake. I swear his scene with Alfred in the hospital, he has the same deamenour as he used to have in Twilight (and believe me I've watched Twilight a lot).

Going for the Kurt Cobain emo Batman doesn't suit him given his past roles. It's the same mistake as Radcliffe going in now you see me 2 after Harry Potter.

But he has the range to play ironic roles, in a Nic Cage/RDJ style. I really wish to see him a in a comedy/parody next time.

Mf couldn't even prepare himself physically for the movie.

>couldn't even prepare himself physically for the movie.

This is true.