Iron Man (2008)

If this movie had been made in the style of the current MCU, how much would it change?

Attached: Iron_Man_(2008).webm (1280x534, 2.53M)

It would be a laughing stock and pozzed as hell. There would be no Tony hitting on women and the special effects would look black panther tier bad.

The Mark 1 suit would have been all CGI. I kind of love the bulky look of Mk1.

this is the style of the modern MCU that's the problem
it's all cgi here

touch grass

It would be exactly the same. You triggered snowflake.

The journalist who Happy rates for Tony before he even looks at her to decide if she's hot enough for his time, the one night stand he has with her, and then her wandering around his house in her underwear never would have happened. The Ten Rings would not be Middle Eastern - they state they are international in the movie but they come across only as brown Islamic nutcases, so the movie would lean more and more into the international side of things so they are all essentially white Europeans from France to Hungary to Estonia with the odd black or brown guy here and there.

>The Mark 1 suit would have been all CGI
user...

In the cave its not CGI.

CGI would be embarassing
Tony would invent nanomachines in a cave with a box of quips
Pepper would be the ugliest browno they could find. Maybe get that one bug eyed chick
Every 5 seconds they would reference 5 other planned phase 7 MCU movies

what

Attached: content_iron-man-mk1-fitting-5.jpg (575x767, 153.4K)

>it's all cgi here
That's not what he said

He means the big gray suit. The older Iron Man stuff had practical bits and pieces for RDJ to wear that was integrated with CGI whereas by Civil War, it was 100% CGI. He didn't have to physically do shit at the airport in Civil War.

Attached: 432567.png (293x374, 221.31K)

I hate how shit feels so floaty/weightless now. Didn't seem to be as much the case early on.

>pepper potts and war machine get their own suit of armour straight away and are much better than tony in combat
>terrible vfx
>tony is bisexual
>iron monger is racist
>iron monger is probably also running for president
>the bad guys are far right terrorists instead of afghan extremists
>the post credit scene has nick fury lecturing tony about white privilege

No after Civil War

Zero blood. Zero sex.

He'd be CGI Man instead of Iron Man
He'd have that retarded disappearing helmet to give RDJ maximum screen time
The suit wouldn't make the cool mechanical sound effects anymore
Peppa would probably already have her own suit
Villain would be some magic CGI monster
Cameos out the ass
Etc etc

This. Sex with the hot journalist would have definitely been cut.

It wouldn't try to be so grounded if it was planned from the beginning to be a world where magic and aliens had already been confirmed to exist.

Oh, that suit. Yeah, best part of the movie.

Tony would have a suit made of that nano shit and it would still make no sense how the fuck that even protects him apart from, lolmagic

No it wouldn't
That was always the plan

Afghan extremists are far right terrorists.

The real question is how would the following movies have turned out if Terrence Howard stayed.

>next time, baby
>tfw there was no next time

they probably wouldn't have filmed that scene where he was about to fuck those four girls
I'm surprised disney plus has it up as an extra

Attached: 1652223621809.gif (245x245, 1.02M)

I thought some shots of the MK. 3 were a practical suit.
No?

Can you really an extremist when everyone there shares your views?

It's actually insane to think how different it would be. The MCU really has destroyed cinema when even their own earlier movies become unfathomable

Iron Man 2 would have been called Iron Man 3.

the terrorists would be russians instead of arabs, Tony would never have sex with the journalist, she would have made fun of him for flirting with her, Pepper would get more screen time and she would act like Tony's mom.

The Mk. 3 as well as some of the latter movies used practical effects for the armor in certain shots. It was uncomfortable and unnatural to act in full armor so they regularly used CGI for the arms and legs depending on what the scene required.

Attached: ihr9h7sk04o01.jpg (1154x766, 88.35K)

No hot stewardess pole dance in the private jet, that's for sure.

I guess The Avengers was the beginning of the end. I still like the movie a lot and they had some good hits like Winter Soldier but the quipping bullshit infesting the movies now all goes back to the 2012 original Avengers

All Marvel movies are the same, even the first one

They would've cut that scene of Tony and Rhodey partying with the flight attendants.
Terrence Howard was the better Rhodey by the way, Cheadle is a weepy loser who plays the character like he's Tony's mom

>killing brown people
Unacceptable. Modern Iron Man would help the not-Taliban in his film.

Attached: based laughing taliban.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

It was practical in the cave because it's small and dark but outside it was CGI, actually there are at least 1 or two shots in the cave that are all CGI too.

>Cheadle is a weepy loser who plays the character like he's Tony's mom
He also always has this nasty conceited tone. He comes across more like insecure business rival of Tony's, rather than a military Chad and Tony's bro. I actually got Terrence and RDJ was being friends and Terrence's Rhodey being this party animal back in the day that raised hell with Tony but has to rein that all in due to his duties as a military man and Tony gets a shit ton of kicks from prodding his friend to loosen up. I never, ever buy RDJ and Cheadle as friends with a very specific type of history or relationship

The only CGI parts are when it flies

>Terrence Howard was the better Rhodey by the way
I completely agree. Him and RDJ had much better chemistry. Too bad Terrence can't negotiate for shit.

No shit, retard. The point is that them even designing practical stuff for close up, stationary shots shows a level of effort you don't see in later MCU movies

Keep seething.

sure thing bro

Cheadle as part of the Avengers roster is a drag. Like he's some guy nobody likes but they keep him around because he's useful given his suit, expertise, and military connections - but otherwise, a charmless, stick in the mud prick. Terrence in the Avengers roster would have been like a cherry on top or something. Would have rounded out some group dynamic really nicely.

>touch grass
lol fucking filtered

What are you two, Disney shills paid a pittance to defend later MCU flicks?

I never knew how to word it, but I feel like this is what bothers me with Cheadle’s Rhodey. Like the relationship doesn’t work to me.

Legit the only good marvel the rest is fucking shit. Comon alien and magic... What's next? Theyll merge it with star wars and bugs bunny?

No, Iron Man is just as bad as them

Goes to show how important an actor is. Like people act sometimes as if it's all writing. I've seen these shitty debates about why Skylar from Breaking Bad gets shit but not Camilla from Sopranos. Endless autistic debates about how actually Skylar is worse so that's why or how it's hypocritical because Camilla is worse, etc. when the obvious answer is that one actress has far more natural charisma and likeability than the other.

Literally nothing, the style has stayed the same

I'm not even really getting up on a high horse about IM being amazing or how they put in a stupendous level of effort, only highlighting how shitty of a state the MCU has been in since like the mid 2010's when shit they did in IM like designing basic props for close up shots shows a basic level of effort you won't see in those films now.

You would need a 500 hour history lesson first on Tony Starks back story and what he was doing when x & y events were happening.

He would never have stayed user. He'd keep asking for 1x his previous salary to return then get angry when his pay is the same.

'UM, nothing le changes!' is such a midwit take. Read: . You'd see that same stuff in 2020's IM as you would in 2008? Get fucking real.

What's the difference between the top pic (Iron Man 1) and the bottom pic (Civil War)?

Attached: 1.jpg (782x1216, 138.07K)

Some surface level stuff like the middle east might change but the movie itself would be mostly the same yeah

ok chud

This, pretty much any shot that is standing still or close ups might be practical but they couldn't use it for big actions scenes.

Attached: xkspwm9ummf21.jpg (684x1000, 133.58K)

nit picking

Attached: bts.jpg (720x749, 39K)

this wasnt appreciated by the others but i want you to know i smiled

literally everything would be different. instead of pwning arabs tony will be shooting white people

>That's gonna leave a mark!