Don't be fooled by the new Elvis movie

What they want you to believe:
youtube.com/watch?v=JVPXHMc3Q18

What really happened (audio only):
youtube.com/watch?v=bLaPnpjw-pc

I mean, I don't know about you, but I'm not hearing a bunch of females going crazy, discovering their 'moisture levels', and ripping off his clothes on stage.

If they're lying about this, maybe they're lying about Elvis 'inspiration' (re: stealing from black people)....Hmmm?

Attached: Expectation vs. Reality.png (698x397, 305.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4svkR46CesI
youtu.be/99YDw5HLZSE
youtube.com/watch?v=KZ64T6gEdC4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

when has a biopic ever not exaggerated what really happened

Biopics aren't about the person, they're about the myth surrounding the person.

The 'Live Aid' scene in Bohemian Rhapsody was pretty accurate....

>all it took to get women wet in the 1950s was to shake your pelvis a little

idk user, I heard them going nuts starting about 1:05 and it kinds keeps up sporadically from there

This was Elvis just days/weeks before he died. How did he still sound so good? He was literally dying on stage. It's kind of haunting.

youtube.com/watch?v=4svkR46CesI

didnt all the opium bind him up and in a panic he ate a sandwich to get things moving but then blew a gasket?

I love Elvis but this movies gonna suck. Anyone seen Carpenter’s Elvis?

What movie has your favorite portrayal of Elvis?
youtu.be/99YDw5HLZSE

>Live Aids
more like died from AIDS (he died from AIDS lmao)

pretty much

Elvis was God

Based Op.

Was Elvis a SJW? Is this woke?

Pic related

Attached: Bruce-Campbell-Elvis.jpg (1000x600, 124.42K)

youtube.com/watch?v=KZ64T6gEdC4
most based man of the 20th century

Probably not.... but I guess in order to keep the Elvis estate bankable, they need to retcon his story to say that black people was behind every inch of his talent.

Attached: Hidden Figures.jpg (1500x500, 108.8K)

Holy shit.

Guy was a god, what else is there to say?

White Southerners have a mystical quality that can't be explained by physical means

>reported "fourteen drugs in Elvis' system, ten in significant quantity"

that's a lot of drugs yo

Other than the whole timeline it took place in

Haha fucking BASED

>1:22
One of the best performers ever.

This is what killed Elvis?

Attached: Sandwich.jpg (900x600, 125.21K)

>Stealing from black people

This is retarded. Teens weren't gonna go crazy for Big Mama Thornton. Radio was segregated but Elvis came at the right time with right look and voice. There was no black artist that young to compare with. Also, rock and roll is a mix of blues, jazz, country and folk. I wont be watching this movie tho because the director only makes trash.

The preview for this flick is over the top and feels like some kind of mkultra shit

>Elvis weighed 350lbs at the time of his death
>I weigh 350lbs now

Attached: Fat Wojak.png (280x272, 68.74K)

I mean he did steal from black people but who gives a shit, black people steal all the time Elvis was just evening the odds.

Typical Baz Luhrmann

Fuck me these are good.

Can't black people just fuck off back to Wakanda so white people wouldn't steal their inventions?

How did he steal from black people? Shaking his hips? Having a deep voice? Doing the same blues lick that a hundred other artists had already used?

>black people was behind every inch of his talent

They were

Attached: 1639150530810.jpg (720x866, 60.38K)

Well I don't wanna get into it cause I really don't care but Elvis literally attended black churches and stuff like that and listened to black records to get his sound before him there were very few white blues artists.

Maybe for not giving them credit? John Lennon did so and you don't hear anybody say he did wrong by Chuck Berry

Are black people seriously still angry over Elvis fucking mogging "their" music

Elvis was a peckerwood white kid who lived in government housing among black families. Elvis wasn't racist and incorporated black music into his style as much as he did white music style. He wasn't some champion of black people, he was just 'they're people too' and didn't give a shit.

jesus fucking christ

>He's only 19
I've never met a 19 year old with a voice like that, fucking incredible

Nobody is denying he was influenced by black music. But the whole "cultural appropriation" argument is lame.

Not even niggers knew where blues music came from it was just passed around.

Elvis probably could have lived if he had gotten the literal shit out of him. He had like 30lbs of shit in his intestines when he died.

A+ casting. I wonder if Bruce was ever approached to play Elvis before.

You would think black people would be happy that a white kid was inspired by their music but no, they still cry about it until today

>Was Elvis a SJW?
I got you covered senpai

Attached: Elvis and blacks.jpg (633x568, 229.81K)

You're preaching to the choir son, Elvis if anything helped black artists since once you heard the new Elvis record you would be led to other blues music often by black singers.

On Yea Forums, the only people I see who are close to angry are those who have to make it a point to say Elvis, Beatles, etc were absolutely, in no way, at all, ever, influenced by black people.

If Yea Forums is around in 50 years, I can imagine similar attitudes

"Why do niggers think they influenced Eminem"

...so Lisa Marie married Michael Jackson out of spite for her father?

How come Michael Jackson can take beats and rhythms from diffrent records and be called a genius but Elvis brings diffrent elements under one roof and is called a thief? Also, listen to his early records and you will find that the influence isnt just blues but country guitar licks and vocalising. You want to know how i know Elvis gave credit? Because he regularly named his influences and made them known. Elvis hardly did interviews unlike Lennon and therefore his remarks werent widely publicised.

Music in the south and appalachia just spread around through minstrel shows, medicine shows, migrant workers, and along the railroads. The idea one group or person has exclusive claim is nonsense.

Look all I'm saying is Elvis was a hero to most but he never meant shit to me, he was straight up racist simple and plain, motherfuck him and John Wayne

so why didn't he take laxatives or go to a poop doctor? i heard they have this tube that literally vacuum sucks the shit out of your ass if it gets bad enough

>he's literally known as "The King"
Very few people make blacks seethe as much as Elvis

Attached: 1641486696124.jpg (969x1024, 72.2K)

MJ was the only entertainer with the same stature as Elvis. She probably saw him as the only man who could even approach her father

Something tells me he would have approved. Jackson died white after all

>give them credit where credit is due but no mixing
Rockwellpilled.

I only saw one Elvis movie, Blue Hawaii, and it was pretty fun. I thought the teenage girl who was crushing on him pretty cute, but I looked her up and she was murdered.

is it true he was a nigger lover and helped them a ton?

Yes. Music has no color.

He died in the 70s, user.

Ahungunga

Attached: elvisgta2.jpg (673x480, 26.84K)

>Source for the "buy my records and shine my shoes" racist quote is a rando calling in on the radio.
Dubious.

They didn't really do that in the 70s. It existed but wasn't something everyone knew about. Elvis' death was what primarily sparked public awareness of laxatives and toxic fecal matter.

Name a better duo.

Attached: Nixon and Elvis.png (980x722, 588.53K)

>fat people sing better than skinny people
quick. someone tell opera. they've foolishly been using skinny people for centuries.

I was lucky enough to meet a guy who was in Elvis's inner circle early on and we into fame. He told the story of them walking into a diner and finding a crying waitress. Elvis asked her what was the matter and she explained that Christmas was coming up and she just couldn't afford presents. Elvis motioned for his assistant who brought him his check book and Elvis cut her $10,000 right then. The guy used to joke that before he made it big he'd bought Elvis a cheeseburger and never got repaid. The guy ended up writing a book, The Kid and the King about his time with Elvis, I highly recommend it.

Attached: 3E79FCEE-AD37-4751-AEAD-CD10330FCB49.jpg (1200x801, 74.6K)

Biopics should be banned. They always change things to make it a better story

Near unlimited sovl

this, what the fuck is up with dem annoying as fuck dubstep noises

Attached: 1565317339621.gif (352x224, 866.18K)

Right?

Attached: pavarotti.jpg (1117x630, 126.63K)