Percy Jackson tv-show DOA

They cast negress to play blond Annabeth.
The author defends it:
>I was quite clear a year ago, when we announced our first open casting, that we would be following Disney’s company policy on nondiscrimination: We are committed to diverse, inclusive casting. For every role, please submit qualified performers, without regard to disability, gender, race and ethnicity, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis prohibited by law. We did that. The casting process was long, intense, massive and exhaustive.

Attached: 4567.png (1552x831, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/rickriordan/status/1524059110978826240
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its embarrassing. They picked the blackest black girl they possibly could for the role. This is exactly what happened with Grover in the movies, except there it was done to make him a generic wacky black guy.
In the end this was inevitable since you can't have a white trio in current year. People who expected otherwise are truly moronic.

Attached: Grover-pjo-the-lightning-thief-movie-17283309-841-544.jpg (841x544, 196.88K)

But the author swears race has nothing to do with this, and they simply interviewed 1000 actresses and she was the fit for the role.
And I just don't believe it, from what I remember from the books, Annabeth is a Hermione-like character, so I don't believe that a white actress matching that type applied for the role.
The biggest question is, why are they even interviewing black actresses for the role? If the character was black, would they interview a white actress for the role?

>we would be following Disney’s company policy on nondiscrimination
Call us when they start casting Serial Killers, Nazis, Antisemites, homophobes, CLOWNS and Pederas— scratch that last one. already a thing.

>IM BEING GENOCIDED
>NORTHMAN HEEEELLLPPPPPP

who are you quoting?

>IM BEING GENOCIDED
Yes

Attached: 1640986671108.jpg (788x1576, 116.7K)

The author went full retard today.
twitter.com/rickriordan/status/1524059110978826240

I checked out her highlight reel on IMDb, and she sucks even for a child actor. It was definitely forced diversity casting.

It worked ok for Grover because he was kinda annoying and whiny in the books, so changes to his character don’t come at that much cost to the overall story. Annabeth & Percy are two of the biggest pillars that carry the whole series. Fucking her up has guaranteed failure for the whole project.

The entire idea that she was the best actress is fucking absurd. This is a child actress, not fucking Meryl Streep of Daniel Day Lewis, let’s give it the benefit of the doubt say she was the best actress (which she almost certainly wasn’t) the amount of acting quality she has more of then a mediocre adolescent blonde actress (of which there are fuck tons of) is barely fucking noticeable, especially now with the hurdle that she bears literally 0 resemblance to the real Annabeth that we’ve spent our childhoods imagining. Any long time fan will be completely put off by this unless they’re the tiny segment of tumblrinas that just hate white people.

>She is a Black girl playing someone who was described in the books as white…that is racism
correct. It is racist to cast other races to characters and irl persons with definitive race.
Like, imagine if you cast Luther King Jr with a white nerd boy, or Hitler with a negro. Utter racism.

I mean, nondiscrimination is complete bullshit, no matter what you do you are still discriminating.
Like, did interview adults and women for the role of Pery Jackson? If you did not, you disqualified them because they don't belong the right age group and sex, therefore you have engaged in agism and sexism.
But whatever reason, the character's race can be ignored, but not their race nor sex, pretty strange. Why can't we have 80-year-old Helen Mirren play Percy Jackson, we can pretend that her character is a teenage boy? Wouldn't that be non-discriminating?

Riordan is a massive cuck. He tries very hard to be the opposite of Rowling so his newer books have muslim trannies and faggots. This racebending is not surprising.

>bargain bin Harry Potter
Lmao who cares its going to be a flop anyway

Attached: 1650887649424.webm (640x632, 1.62M)

>is that a brown haired woman playing my blonde Annabeth?
>AAAAAAAAAAAAA YOUVE RUINED MY FRANCHISE

>is that a little nigger playing my blonde Annabeth
>SHE WAS THE BEST ACTRESS CHUD STOP BEING RACIST

I could understand Riordan cucking out in his later book series because it was mostly tumblrinas that bought them, but he’s really crossed a line here and it doesn’t even seem to be for any monetary interest.

>no matter what you do you are still discriminating
indeed. Life's Discriminations began with Diffusion. This is one of the most primordial concepts of life.
>Why can't we have 80-year-old Helen Mirren play Percy Jackson, we can pretend that her character is a teenage boy? Wouldn't that be non-discriminating?
Umm.. Sweetie, understand that only us know what diversity is. We are morally more advanced than you, racist chu— pfffff.
They're just pretending seriously.
It's just that Gnosticism has wrapped their behaviours.

Attached: Chavo del 8.png (1200x800, 1.18M)

Was he always like this? The earliest instance of wokefaggotry I could remember was when he put a tranny in the norse mythology series

It's tragic how actually skilled child actors get ignored because people prefer to cast "cute" children who can't act.
I really don't think there is a shortage of skilled child actors.

He's been doing it since the second greek series at least given how most of the new protagonists were non-white. He was fully on board the woke train when he made Nico into a faggot.

Remember Attack on Titan?
PJO is like pre time skip AoT. Every other book is Post time skip levels of Bad.
>people prefer to cast "cute" children who can't act.
Please, understand. We need to fap.

This series is already on it way to be a flop
> diversity casting
> toddler main cast
> author already attacting fans online

They use it as a weapon to get what they want or to be viewed as virtuous. There is nothing rational about it. It’s the modern form of religious fundamentalism.

There was literally 0 woke shit until they turned Nico gay.

I guess you could make the argument that some of the heroes in HOO had their ethnicities chosen to make them more diverse
>Latino
>Teepee indian
>Chinese
>black
But that’s not really woke, more like 90s Hollywood stuff

In the original series there was only the environmentalism plot line which is really woke either, though Rachel Dare’s dad kinda seems like he’s supposed to be Trump lol. There wasn’t even any feminist shit though even though that could’ve easily been inserted. I’d argue some of the shit like the message we’re supposed to take at Calypso’s Island, and with the Hunters is anti-radical feminist at the very least. And the shit Chiron says about Western Civilization is actually JBP-pilled.

*isn’t really woke either

*circe’s island when he turns into a Guinea pig

Nico being gay, the child of Hades and in love with a Child of the Rapist God is a clever joke, user.

>> author already attacting fans online
You don't understand, this works every time. We can shame them into changing their opinion.

remember when he sperged about daddario not looking like book annabeth lmao

Attached: movieannabeth.jpg (800x1203, 148.13K)

He didn't like brown hair.
I wonder if they gonna dye the negress hair blond and that makes it more accurate.

They'll do it and then act smug. When this shit flops they'll scream about racist fans too.

Aw yes, He is gonna force her to pull a Michael Jackson.
hehe

That’d be the funniest shit lmao

Speaking MJ.
>makes a son called "Black Or White" where the lyrics "IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE BLACK OR WHITE"
>proceeds to spend millions on surgery to turn himself white
Makes you think, especially this one most famous black people.

if they do white-face, everything will be forgiven

Attached: 66.png (598x463, 307.79K)

It does matter if your skin is both black and white. Shit needs to be trested somehow.

I wonder how many zoomer white girls got redpilled by this lmao

Did he really?

Whatever happened to this actor? He was in the Percy Jackson movies, was great in Tropic Thunder but seemed to disappear about 10 years ago.

Jackson was nuts; you can't really use him as a litmus test for what the average black person or person in general thinks about race.

Reminder that people bitched about the character in the movie because she wasn't blonde.

still waiting for my obama biopic with the goose

Why most of the Open castings always select Black.

How the fuck would they know?
Presuming they spent 1 minute per candidate, and I'm being incredibly generous in giving this as time to gauge talent, and interviewed them non stop, it would take a fucking week to get through them all.
Why bother with such retarded hyperbole?

because they discriminate non-blacks

>tfw you’re an old kingdom Chad and know that despite his writing going downhill, he’s adamant that he won’t let hollywood fuck up his books, and that the skin tone of the main characters is an incredibly important he wouldn’t let slide

I mean, they might interview 10,000 actresses. Regardless "beat" here is questionable, like did they have a deathmatch? Unlikely, they were picked by judges, who have their biases, this might be the niece of the casting director, for all we know.

Remember, Rick said Annabeth was "described" as being white, omitting official artwork he had created.
He's a faggot trying to gaslight people who read his books as children

Attached: Annabeth_Chase.jpg (425x636, 197.8K)

Genuine question about the casting. How come there isnt a single white girl who come out to reveal how they went out their way to cast a black person? I mean if I went to a casting for a white role and got shafted bc of a diversity hire I would blast the on social media since these rejected people rarely get famous.

>Moronic
Guess your plan is the fuel hate more on blackies Amerimutts well I don't mind.

Even if they are telling the truth, the well is poisoned and affirmative action discredits any minority's qualifications.

Occam's Razor: maybe the whole "We interview over one thousand girls" did not happen
maybe they did not interview white femoids

Because twitter trannies would crucify you and Disney might blacklist you. Not a good career move.
Some soccer mom should film their daughter (who was rejected) reading the lines and tweet them. Say nothing more.

I liked him so much in the movie that when I read the book I imagined him like this.

1) its a bad move, it looks bad
But mostly
2) it wasn't actually an open casting call and they were specifically looking for a nigress

Nondiscrimination laws don't apply to film roles (not yet, at least). Casting calls are allowed to limit people however they want. It's a bullshit, disigenuous excuse.

The author is a complete cunt and egomaniac anyway, and his books are meritless garbage that's just a vastly inferior shameless Harry Potter ripoff, so no loss artistically. But just more demoralization propaganda.

It'll never end

>correct. It is racist to cast other races to characters and irl persons with definitive race.
Oh, really?

Attached: Anne Boleyn.png (615x445, 416.38K)

>How come there isn't a single white girl
This answers the question.
There simply wasn't one present

Potters books are shit, Riordan's books are probably better, I have read both, but it was a long time ago.

Pints of truth. I’m not fully against race bending 100% of the time. Brandon T. Jackson brought new energy to Grover. Casting Annabeth as a black girl is fucking bullshit though.

The og series was better then Potter. It sort of starts off as a Potter rip off but becomes its own thing and was vastly more fun to read as a kid. Got me into Greeks shit too. All Riordan’s series afterwards are shit though.

Who do you think think made the call to make her a niggress? Do you think that came from Riordan himself or was he sat down and told so by the Jewish producers if he wanted his show to get made?