The wire

is it really that good?

Attached: p7892928_b_h10_ab.jpg (960x540, 107.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YrzpoUjJ_0g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

yes.

Fuck no.

season 3-4, yes. season 1 partly but thats also because they had to set up the show. Season 2 & 5 suck. McNulty sucks as a protagonist. Marlo's crew isn't nearly as interesting as Barksdale's.

The wire is MASSIVELY overrated but damn season 3 & 4 are sopranos level

If you dont mind niggers its pretty good

Tries way too hard with the "see bad guys always win lol" at the last Season. Also, nobody should give a flying fuck about a bunch of sleazy kike journalists.

I got to a couple of episodes into season 2 and then completely forgot I was even watching it.

S1 - good
S2 - best season of US television ever, no contest
S3 - great
S4 - brilliant
S5 - subpar, but still above anything produced in America since.

No. Watch the superior version.

Attached: 41YTn6+B4lL._AC_SY445_.jpg (336x445, 24.79K)

Yes

Watch the first ep and if you don't enjoy it go back to Moon Knight or whatever fotm marvel show is on now

The lesbian subplot in season 3 is extremely tiresome, and not infrequently cringeworthy.

A Season 2 connoisseur I see. Pretty good list.

i wish kima died in season 1 when Brice shot up that car, they truly wasted her character and forced that lesbian subplot to keep her relevant because she hasn't done anything since

there's A LOT of wasted potential in the wire and the more i think about it the worse i see the show

they had to fund her irl cocaine habit

>gun powder activated
>27 caliber
>full auto
>no kickback
>nail-throwing mayhem

Attached: yeeerp.png (383x392, 271.97K)

season 2 fucking SUCKS you honestly cannot tell me you enjoyed the union shit with the annoying fucking son and the father that was never brought up again in the show. Annoying one-off season

Reminder that 99% of wire fans on this board are also soprano fans that will compare the twos strengths and weaknesses to determine which one gets the GOAT title.

Most of the wire haters are the ayyyyyyeee gabagool sopranos fans that got filtered because they watch “tony being based” YouTube compilations and think the show is absolutely flawless.

Attached: B2C06BD5-5DA6-4EEA-8F55-57205EE8C36C.jpg (1823x1080, 133.43K)

No a lot of people like season 2. You might like it if you watch it again

>this is like 800 dollars
>so wut mang you earnt dat buck like a mofuggah man keep dat shit

yu owwe me 80 on daht bitch

it’s certainly better than his new fucking show
at least when the wire got preachy (some of the school arc, the dogshit newspaper arc) it kept up a veneer of it being actual dialogue between characters
we own the city just has some fat DoJ negress sit down and interview people like she’s a reporter and it obliterates my immersion every time

No, it’s aged like shit. Sopranos on the other hand is still great.

seconsd is meh, can't even finish it and the lack of humor and lightness make it unbearable
no other show make me feel like this

I just finished The Wire sunday. If Sopranos is a 11/10, Wire is a 9.5/10. Why? Because of these fucking journalists on season 5.

Attached: file.png (580x405, 271.16K)

this nigga eats gabagool out of his bf's ass

Supposed to be a realistic social commentary show that has several comic book tier characters.

RIP

For me? It's Detective Bunk Morland

No, it's pretty dumb if you actually listen to what they say, i'll never forgive them for the gun duct tape somehow unsticking when she sat and it crushed it and pushed it back and somehow she would have killed them easy if she had access but she came back fine, no scars two episode later so it was all pointless and led nowhere the absolute definition of dishonest filmaking

Yes. It shows how corrupt Democrat politicians ruin cities from the inside out.

I view season 5 as an allegory for the Iraq war where the media was heavily criticized for not being manipulated by the bush administration in the lead up and reporting on how the war was going.

It was also chase absolutely seething that the wire wasn’t winning Emmys or getting ratings and seemingly airing some dirty laundry from his old job at the Sun.

The main themes of the media storylines were sensationalism, cheap stories, and literal fake news media manipulation. It holds up but did feel shoehorned in.

Attached: DE2BEF54-933E-45DC-AE74-2D04967BE79D.jpg (630x1200, 47.34K)

>Second guessing based Crutchfield
Fuck your suit and tie, motherfucker

Attached: the city of banemore.png (962x648, 856.87K)

It's good but too many anemic nerds who've googled "best television show of all time" have lauded it into a sort of transcendent greatest art of all time rivalling Bach, Da Vinci and Shakespeare stratosphere in which it very, very clearly does not belong.

Mayor Royce! I’m Carcettay.

Attached: 0F6194C5-73A2-47EC-9BBB-45715B334675.jpg (199x249, 5.92K)

>how I look, Michael ?

like a faggot you fucking dyke

There's "We Own This City" by the same gang being aired right now and it's pretty good.

Nothing but Basketball American worship.

>but damn season 3 & 4 are sopranos level

Attached: 1614709345893.png (600x687, 36.55K)

it's tv's undisputed favorite season, rightfully so

You'll start to appreciate Ziggy more when you realise he's just trying to get his father's approval and attention. It's why he moves into crime because his father did. Frank was a good man, but an abysmal father that ignored all the signs that his son was breaking down piece by piece.

CUNNYPOSTING? ON Yea Forums? SHIIIEEEEEEEEETTTTTT.

Attached: clay-davis-ew.gif (498x286, 1.39M)

Yea Forums is a ziggy board if they care to admit it or not.

Attached: A12340B5-B855-47B6-8B00-014F53471D01.jpg (760x428, 61.89K)

What about Frank Sobotka? I'm not hearing his name here.

Attached: Frank_Sobotka.jpg (360x360, 28.81K)

It's a bit soul crushing how Simon was already seeing the road journalism was heading back when he wrote season 5. I do appreciate what he was going for, but it just was too shoe horned and Simon was really loving the smell of his own farts with his shitty self-insert

take your fat black bitch mouthpiece and fuck off simon

those moments were pretty funny watching people not taking him seriously, but thats only because i hated him as a character.
>him trying to get in good with the greek
>him trying to stand up to method man
>him trying to sell drugs like his dad and killing that guy shorting him
Even while what you're saying is true he's still completely insufferable. and its hard to sympathize when season 2 is more self-contained than the rest beyond a couple characters.

Also the whole "act hard to try to fit in" was done better by Brice's kid Namond who's story actually goes somewhere and is consequential to the overall narrative

Ziggy got his redemption in his spin-off series.

Attached: 0618B16E-1347-4BBE-8211-8EFDAE3EA597.jpg (1280x716, 172.19K)

>somehow she would have killed them easy if she had
Why live your life like this dude?

I’m not sure if that dude had a stroke or is doing homework for his advanced ESL in media course .

midwit

First two seasons kino. Season 3 alright. Last season is dogshit. 4 has annoying kids sorry I don’t give a shit about your corny social message. The show was at its peak when it was just the police and barksdale. Plus they made the “badass fan favorite” hero a faggot but that’s hbo for you

>false-flagging ESL
Come on now, don't be a kike

youtu.be/YrzpoUjJ_0g

It’s really good for television but there are definitely some corny elements that don’t hold up

>brother mouzone
>snoop
>the masturbatory plot line about the death of newspapers including jimmys ridiculous fake serial killer ploy
>hamsterdam
>omar most of the time

Season 2 is actually a master piece about the death of industry in the U.S.

>Marlo's crew isn't nearly as interesting as Barksdale's.
Weird, I thought it was more interesting, but I would have liked to see Stringer’s story play out more.

I didn’t think Season 2 was bad at all, it just wasn’t my favorite. 5 was terrible. 3 and 4 were also my favorites. I’d rate:
>3, 4, 1, 2, 5

Oh yeah, I forgot that was S3 and not S4. I’d bump S4 up to my first in that case.
She was alright in S2, it was just weird how it went from being subdued about it to making it a main feature of the show.

>How my hair look, Mike?

You guys are kinda brain dead taking it season by season in your breakdowns. It’s a great show because of the sum of its parts, you might not like a particular season but it was done that way by design to create a more complete view of West Ballmer

Yes. I'm rewatching the show with my gf who has never seen it. All these later and it still hooked her. We finished the first season and only started Saturday

>Also the whole "act hard to try to fit in" was done better by Brice's kid Namond who's story actually goes somewhere and is consequential to the overall narrative
Nah, you’re wrong.
> “we’ve got all kinds of activity on The Wire”
lol

Brother Mouzone is based though

Attached: brothermouzone.jpg (700x534, 116.22K)

holy shit I also finished it on sunday for the first time
what are the fucking odds

hate sopranos btw that show is garbage
yall should watch mad men

Reddit show. They talk about it every day

Some of the characters are interesting but 70% of the episodes are pure filler.

WHO /LANDSCHADS/ HERE?