Black and white morality is bad...

Black and white morality is bad, because by its very nature excludes the very concept of nuance and is just an extremely childish perception of a complex subject like human morality since it inherently limits you to only two extremes.
"Grey morality" doesn't exist, it's called fucking reality.
Sometimes your only choice is between two shitty options and you have to choose between sticking to your principles even if it makes life objectively worse for you and those around you or compromising your principles to avoid making things worse.

Attached: LordOfTheRings.jpg (1978x2936, 2.42M)

>Black and white morality excludes the very concept of nuance
>"Grey morality" doesn't exist
which one is it?

Those two statements aren't contradictory. Grey can't exist without black and white. Black and white doesn't exist, therefore grey can't exist either. Morals are much more nuanced.

like.. in other colors?

>Being this retarded
Go try learning what these concepts are before having a conversation about it.

seethe

Bounce away, retard.

shut up faggot

black and white do exist tho

But Sauron is evil though

>black and white morality is bad
>is bad

this statement alone fortifies the exact concept your trying to argue doesn't exist lmao

These films are a rejection of postmodernism and I love them for that

I think of black and white as usually forces of nature. Most interesting characters are grey. If a character is purely black I view that as an obstacle for the main characters to overcome basically

>Grey morality means there's nothing good or bad
>Moral complexity means there's nothing good or bad
Retard.

It’s all black and white, the problem lies in pixelation of each bit of black or white.
Leading to grey, when you don’t have a spare department of philosophers and lawyers with a year to grind any one particular choice you make to its fundamental yes or no.

Everything IS black and white, grey area bullshit is cultural marxism.

Literally no real world issue can be solved with black and white morality. Any decision of consequence. This is literally the logic of a child.

The idea that morals are complex are not postmodern

>rapes your wife and murders your children
Nah, I'm not evil because morality is grey. Just be more nuanced, bro. God, stop thinking in black and white, chud.

If you don’t even pause to consider the train problem, you’re probably a monster.
There is no greater threat than the falsely righteous man, see, allah Akbar 9/11.
Or the inquisition.
Etc etc..

>If you kill your enemies they win
Nope, one side is the right one and they have a moral right to murder every single one of the wrong side, grey faggots that try to stay out of it from the sidelines need to be tortured violently by booth sides.

It’s fantasy you fool, it’s escapist entertainment meant to put the viewer in a world where everything isn’t grey and complicated

based

The idea that a fantasy tale of good and evil needs to be deconstructed and challenged certainly is a postmodern concept

So happens you also donate generously and have saved multiple lives in your career as a doctor, but hey, I’m not a rational entity I’m an animal and can only think in the most simplistic of terms. EVILLLLLL

That said I’d still kill you but I’d do it with sympathy, like how you’d put down a rabid dog that used to be a good sheep herd.

What does this shit have to do with the fellowship of the ring?

I have a lot of good b8 pics for this topic but the janiturd just ip rangebanned me for some reason. Fuck that fat nigger.

No you wouldn't

It is a very clean tale, no sex, no cripples, no moral ambiguity.
Which isn’t a bad thing, it’s long enough without then adding those elements on.

Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling… it’s all the same. I’m not judging you. I haven’t only done good in my life either. But now, if I have to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.

>I’d still kill you but I’d do it with sympathy, like how you’d put down a rabid dog that used to be a good sheep herd.
Like what the good guys did to Sauron and his armies?

lotr isnt black and white. boromir is morally very gray and many others too.

Which country? Happens to me sometimes, and rumour I haven’t checked is sometime there’s a fag on /int/ that goes on a fag spree, meaning the whole country needs to be banned to stop him…

Escapism is bad.

Why can’t reality be an arm of b&w morality?

Attached: 1806798D-8A66-41CE-86B8-BE45CEA6F156.jpg (1280x720, 62.2K)

Saruman moreso, Sauron was judged by the Valar and dispersed, armies… They never really put to rout and engaged in slaughter, it was just war.

>Reductionism into strawman

Because morals are far more complex. Black and white morality lacks nuance and has no utility beyond being a justification for atrocities committed against another individual or group. When you have an issue with someone and your only explanation for their actions is that they're pure evil, your only course of action is to remove or eradicate them.

>things like this never happen

Black and white morality can't be real. Yes.

its not a documentary.
take an autism pill and rethink your life.

>reality conforms to my personal beliefs because... IT JUST DOES OKAY!

pick not related

>black and white morality is bad
no, that doesnt make any sense
>grey morality is good because it has nuance
grey is just mashing up black and white. any "grey" circumstance you can think of can be broken down into its parts, all of which will be black or white
and it seems by this post the only "positive" we gain from not subscribing to black and white morality is that it lets evil fester. why on earth would I follow these beliefs.
>black and white no utility
an empty and absurd statement. black white or grey morality all provide the same utility and purpose.

Spoken like a cultural marxism psychologist. Nope, the one that rapes kills and endangers YOUR family, your community and your nation, their own circumstances and whatever NEVER needs to be considered, they all just needs to die

>grey is just mashing up black and white. any "grey" circumstance you can think of can be broken down into its parts, all of which will be black or white
That's a really long and roundabout way of saying that black and white morality is bad.

not even remotely. please get a bachelors at least before you try discussing these things

>and it seems by this post the only "positive" we gain from not subscribing to black and white morality is that it lets evil fester. why on earth would I follow these beliefs.
>black and white no utility
>an empty and absurd statement. black white or grey morality all provide the same utility and purpose.
They help people become less judgemental and less self-righteous in their beliefs.
Imagine WW3 began, you got caught by the enemy and they're threatening to castrate you unless you reveal any of the strategic military secrets you know. If you refuse and lose your manhood and any ability to pass on your genes in the future, are you the good guy? But what consolation is it for you for the rest of your live, provided you live and don't kill yourself? If you agree and keep your manhood and your ability to procreate by betraying your country, are you the bad guy who should be judged? Is your country more important than your ability to pass own your genes? There isn't a clear black-and-white solution to this kind of situation.

>bachelors

Attached: 1646512699721.png (351x400, 132.43K)

>They help people become less judgemental and less self-righteous in their beliefs.
why should this be desired at all? If i have carefully come to my beliefs and life judgments i should definitely hold true to them. Your argument is terrible, your position is dogshit and holds no weight youre essentially saying
>you should do this thing that is objectively worse for you in every way because ..... nuance is important! and it only exists in my framework not yours lol
>imagine
no. learn to discuss or dont discuss.

in all the history of stupid posts, yours is the stupidest. The staggering amount of stupidity you crammed into such a short amount of space is so dense it has created a Stupid Black Hole. A singularity containing such an immense amount of stupidity it threatens the very fabric of the universe and will likely end all of reality.
And now onto the immeasurable number of low IQ cliches................

>why should this be desired at all? If i have carefully come to my beliefs and life judgments i should definitely hold true to them.
Because being incredibly self righteous and judgemental only gives you a temporary feeling of righteous indignation, but does nothing to help solve any real world issues. If you view people as lesser, or materially different than you, you stop and conversation that helps prevent people from turning "evil" as you call it.
>Your argument is terrible, your position is dogshit and holds no weight
I would say that my argument holds weight, it's only you yourself that are trying to cope with reality.
>>you should do this thing that is objectively worse for you in every way because ..... nuance is important! and it only exists in my framework not yours lol
Explain how nuance exists in your framework.
>no. learn to discuss or dont discuss.
Being unable to engage with any hypothetical is not having a discussion

>because blah blah blah
not it helps me hold true to beliefs that i find to be concrete. it sounds like you have no beliefs, no ideals no true conviction and you are lashing out at those who do have them.
>does nothing to help solve any real world issues
no discussion on morality does lmfao. whether its black white or gray morality is not there to solve issues.
>if you view people as lesser blah blah blah
no i dont. this is an absurd assertion that has no basis in reality.
>i would cope
of course you would. but its true, your arguments hold no weight. your reasoning for your beliefs, doesnt hold up under scrutiny or even actually specifically support your beliefs.
>explain how nuance exists in your framework
No? It exists no matter what, if people can disagree, which they can whether morality is black white or gray, nuance will arise. Just because things are black and white doesnt mean there cant be a discussion to what things belong in what camp
>hypothetical
Has no relevance to a discussion, especially one constructed by a biased individual. hypotheticals are the last resort of a floundering retard

>He can't even attempt to answer a single rebuttal I gave and is now just sperging with buzzwords as a last desperate, sad attempt.
Fucking kek.

What rebuttal? You didnt provide any. You literally have no idea how a discussion or an argument works. Not only that but i directly responded to every statement you made. Are you crying cause i went "blah blah blah" instead of typing everything out? Really this is just pathetic now

That's some good jewish subversion
You deserve a raise

No it doesn't, something can still be bad in grey morality, it's just that there's more than 2 categories.

>You didnt provide any.
My rebuttal is that your black and white morality does nothing to help solve anything as is a vehicle for you to harshly judge others under a veil of self righteousness.
>Just because things are black and white doesnt mean there cant be a discussion to what things belong in what camp
There is no "black and white" because there is no absolute good or absolute evil. They're abstract concepts that are made up and unquantifiable.
>You have no conviction for your beliefs
>your reasoning for your beliefs, doesnt hold up under scrutiny or even actually specifically support your beliefs.
So now I do have beliefs, but now I don't? Pick one, retard. If you think my beliefs are so easy to destroy, you should have no problem doing it.

pseud gibberish

>black and white doesnt solve anything
objectively false and not even worth responding to further than that. and again, morality isnt there to "solve" things.
>no absolute good or evil
objectively wrong again. not to mention the assertion that they dont exist faces the exact same issues.
>you have no conviction
>your beliefs have a poor foundation
um..... these statements are not at odds with one another. you have a flimsy understanding of morality and its uses. you think throwing out a word like "abstract" means anything.
>abstract concepts
objectively not as well. you should really learn about the world before you try making such grand statements
>durrr destroy me
I have, you not realizing it is not my problem lol. You have provided nothing absolute that makes black and white morality bad or non existent and you have not even attempted to do the opposite for grey morality. you seem to think arguing is making statements that you find true, but you are forgetting to actually attempt to prove them true

>objectively false and not even worth responding to further than that.
Because you know that you don't have an argument, retard.
>objectively wrong again. not to mention the assertion that they dont exist faces the exact same issues.
In what way? How? There's no standards for an absolute definition of anything. Chair, food, good, health, anything.
Doesn't change the fact that we have morality.
Your problem is not understanding where it came from. You think that it's a Platonic form that we can use deductive reasoning to find and prove. Which we can't. It's from inductive reasoning, because humans are social animals, and it's developed from evolution.
>it sounds like you have no beliefs, no ideals no true conviction and you are lashing out at those who do have them.
>your arguments hold no weight. your reasoning for your beliefs, doesnt hold up under scrutiny or even actually specifically support your beliefs.
Do you think I do or don't have beliefs? Retard.
>objectively not as well. you should really learn about the world before you try making such grand statements
How? Is there some Platonic quantifiable form that morality takes that we can objectively measure? I would say that asserting that there's objective good or evil is a pretty grand statement. So is saying that theres objective definitions. You'd get flooded with awards from all over the world for having done something so impossible.
>I have, you not realizing it is not my problem lol. You have provided nothing absolute that makes black and white morality bad or non existent
I have provided plenty retard, you're just not reading. and you have not even attempted to do the opposite for grey morality.
>you seem to think arguing is making statements that you find true, but you are forgetting to actually attempt to prove them true
I hope you realize the irony here.