The Rings Of Power ‘Isn’t The Middle-Earth You Remember’

>In many ways, Rings of Power will be a return to a screen universe that’s beloved the world over – but according to Rings Of Power concept artist John Howe, there are surprises in store.
>“This isn’t the Middle-earth you remember,” Howe tells Empire in the Summer Preview issue. “This is a world that’s very vibrant. The elves are not hidden away in Mirkwood or lingering in Rivendell. They’re busy constructing kingdoms. The dwarven kingdom of Moria is not an abandoned mine and the Grey Havens is not yet an abandoned city. I loved having the opportunity to explore that unseen history.”
>“We’re finally sailing on the oceans of Middle-earth,” teases Howe, promising a set of sea-faring elves. “They’re daunting and enterprising and are almost colonising the world. They were a lot of fun to imagine. It’s something neither Lord Of The Rings nor Hobbit movies went anywhere near.” Set course for new adventures.

Looks like boatkino is back on the menu boys!

Attached: 63564734.jpg (1833x653, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O5etaXw2MgQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>This is a world that’s very vibrant.
I don't have to read more

>a set of sea-faring elves.
>They’re daunting and enterprising and are almost colonising the world.
Not on my watch.

Attached: TN-Burning_Ships.jpg (1333x895, 429.18K)

I had the same thought, but I kept reading and it turned out he was using the word literally and it sounds good.

John Howe is literally the guy who made all the art design for the Peter Jackson movies (alongside Alan Lee) its not like its some random nepotism/diversity hire shilling sjw politics

Attached: 687b5b9563876f62d388e7805e6ea630.jpg (450x724, 50.15K)

Sorry.. too many nignogs for me.

Doesn't matter how neat the concept art or setting is if the casting director is just going to fill the show with poc

>Rings Of Power concept artist John Howe
John Howe is legit though.
>>“This isn’t the Middle-earth you remember,” Howe tells Empire in the Summer Preview issue. “This is a world that’s very vibrant. The elves are not hidden away in Mirkwood or lingering in Rivendell. They’re busy constructing kingdoms. The dwarven kingdom of Moria is not an abandoned mine and the Grey Havens is not yet an abandoned city. I loved having the opportunity to explore that unseen history.”
Yeah this isn't the usual "fuck you old fans we're introducing pink haired dwarves with problem glasses" bit. He's actually commenting on the setting.
>It’s something neither Lord Of The Rings nor Hobbit movies went anywhere near.
Again, he's correct.
Now this will definitely be pozzed garbage. But this quote isn't relevant to that.

This is a snippet from a full interview which will be released on Thursday

Still won't be watching it

>Seafaring elves
Teleri-bros??

kill yourself

Did you miss the trailer or do you think it was an April Fool's joke and we'll be getting something better?

And it won't be the middle earth that's remembered either

>we'll be getting something better?
already confirmed

Attached: 7364724.jpg (886x499, 52.63K)

Wait wasn’t there just an article about how this was more Tolkien than Peter Jackson’s movies?

Are they just buying articles?

It's amazon, what do you think?

>*trap beat plays over flltage of the Shire*
>"THIS AIN'T YOUR GRANDMA'S HOBBITON"

I'm not saying that Amazon isn't shilling sjw politics in Kangz of Power, I'm saying that John Howe specifically isn't

That wasn't an article, that was the reaction from the people who got to watch 20minutes of footage and meet the showrunners

>Tolkien Professor
Whatever. This guy legit probably got paid money to say this shit.

They got invited to a sneak peak of course they are gonna shill it. They don't want to ruin that relationship with Amazon.

It's the same as gaming journalists, can't say anything bad or they lose exclusive access/advertisment from the developers/publishers.

well I'm sure they looked at his concept art and said "why is every elf here white? redo it!"

I'm tougher on the Jackson films than most but anybody saying the amazon series will be more book accurate is talking out of their ass. At least Jackson had a book to base the movies on, these jackasses are making a tv series based on scant pages worth of material because they can't even get the rights to the Silmarillion. Anybody treating it like it's going to be a serious adaption of Tolkien's work and not glorified fanfiction is a fucking snake and should be treated as such.

>Get invited to watch 20 minutes
>Get to meet the show runners
They are being paid to advertise.

This is 4channel. If something is bad then anybody associated with is bad by association. And they don't know who John Howe is, they just know that Rings of Power will be pozzed, so John Howe must be pozzed.

It's a damn shame though, Amazon got so many of the right people that this could have been special. But alas, it will be pozzed.

No. It wasn't a blanket statement like you make it out to be. They said the characterizations (personalities of characters) are more to what Tolkien wrote.

/Frodo races past camera on dirtbike

>I can't stand it, I know you planned it
>I'm gonna set it straight, this Watergate

THIS FALL

>I can't stand rocking when I'm in here
>'Cause your crystal ball ain't so crystal clear

THE RINGS

>So while you sit back and wonder why
>I got this fucking thorn in my side

ARE GONNA BE

>Oh my God, it's a mirage
>I'm tellin' y'all, it's a sabotage

LIIIIIIIIIT

they all loved what they saw and heard

Attached: 64737623.jpg (1275x423, 93.01K)

Emphasism on the word "characterization". Its no secret that Jackson changed a lot of the personalities from Tolkiens ideas.

>Tolkien Professor
This guy? Definitely sounds like a shill.
youtube.com/watch?v=O5etaXw2MgQ

>promising a set of sea-faring elves
REEEEEEEEEE
>Legolas Greenleaf long under tree
>In joy thou hast lived. Beware of the Sea!
>If thou hearest the cry of the gull on the shore,
>Thy heart shall then rest in the forest no more.’

Because Amazon said
>If you don't praise this we will never invite you back

>The story lines aren't exclusively Tolkien
Because they are made up storylines

There were sea-faring Elves though. I don’t know what this passage is supposed to show.

When Tolkien described the elves as "fair", he actually meant their way of dealing with all people equally and without prejudice. Jackson failed to realise this and gave us all-white elves, or maybe he didn't have the technology for black elves at the time, either way Amazon I'm glad Amazon will finally correct his mistakes and give us Tolkien's true vision of multicultural dwarven and elven societies.

>vibrant
>unseen history
>colonizing
>"From the creators of John Halo"

Can't wait to see black elves and Asian elves in the background of elvish ports.

dude. just stop

>introduce niggers to this world
>everything goes to shit
>end result is LotR with literal ELFEN FLIGHT just to avoid shitskins and dwarfish kingdoms being abandoned
many such cases

Attached: elf white.jpg (1080x964, 160.99K)

>fair folk
he meant that elves were circus performers who juggled and played musical instruments and travelled from town to town.

I'm sure they love Tolkien. They're just not as respectful or passionate about inherent faithfulness or consistency.

If someone tells you "It isn't real, so who cares?" then you know for a fact that they don't actually value or appreciate the narrative as much as you do. The showrunners "care", but do they really care? No. They do not. They just want to have politically correct fun.

I love how "vibrant" is just code for "multicultural". This is going to be a fucking train wreck.

>John Howe
>Howard Shore
>Weta workshop
>New Zealand

yeah im thinking we're back LOTRbros

kek

>I love how "vibrant" is just code for "multicultural"
which itself is code for non-white

>john williams
>ralph mcquarrie
Can't wait!

Thank you Bezos for inciting a subtle race war fueled by pure disingenuousness.

>Hire concept artist
>Have him do interview
>Casting directors, directors and producers do whatever they fucking want with his work

>is code for non-white
which is code for the death of our race

Shame it's modern hollywood making it.

So it isn't the Middleearth we all know and love...no shit

it's amazon, not hollywood

I know what I wrote, you fucking jew

What is the cope in this thread Amazon literally has rules about diversity in productions.
There has to be an LBGTQ plotline

Attached: 06183F30-07F9-44EC-959D-3280ADA88BE9.jpg (1170x1429, 384.39K)

>what are the Falmari
No it isn't lol. John Howe is referring to the state of Middle Earth, that is full of life at this point, as opposed to the advanced state of decay seen in the Third Age.

I get the pessimism about this show, but you guys are reading too much into this. John Howe is just some guy who likes to paint Middle Earth and has done so all his life.

go back. no one wants you here

>colonizing
You never heard of the story of the Numenorian king Tar Ciryatan? He does just that.

(((They))) can never taint the trilogy

Attached: LOTR.jpg (542x840, 90.89K)

stop playing stupid

Is there any instance for him saying a corporate product is terrible?

YAAAAS GAY SEGGS IN ELDEN RINGS OF POWER :D

Yes. John Howe is based and actually understands LotR. Too bad the show runners and writers don't.

Read the books you illiterate shitehead. As much as I hate black elves, the colonization part is there. Why do you think Harad started hating Numenoreans? Saurons corruption had to be based on something. Harads and Numenoreans were once friends, until one of the Numenorean kings started requesting tribute on Harads own lands and start installing lords there.

You're a naive retard, how low IQ are you to think any of this is in good faith?