The interconnected nature of these movies will be the downfall of capeshit in the long run...

The interconnected nature of these movies will be the downfall of capeshit in the long run. This was the first MCU movie where you cannot fully understand it unless you've watched WandaVision. You cannot fully understand the references in this movie unless you've been part of the rampant online speculation for the past year either. Reed Richards's entrance, for example, was framed in a way that you were supposed to recognize him immediately and clap like a seal upon his appearance. All these references and winks at the audience will eventually result in diminishing returns as only the most hardcore Marveldrones will understand them.

Attached: doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-button-1644855515935.jpg (1144x1143, 225.8K)

Sounds like a personal problem.

mutliverse stuff is so gay, it's the reaosn i didn't see spiderman

Bro what, all I did was google Wandavision ending and went "Oh so Scarlet Witch is evil now" and that was it. It's capeshit, it's not that hard to follow by design.

You're like 20.

>You cannot fully understand the references in this movie unless you've been part of the rampant online speculation for the past year either. Reed Richards's entrance, for example, was framed in a way that you were supposed to recognize him immediately and clap like a seal upon his appearance.
This is a very on point assessment and not many other people seem to recognize it. It's the same reason I hated What If and could only stomach one episode. At this point the MCU is too obsessed with itself, it treats it's own canon as legendary, and changing it around and remixing is somehow a story worth telling.
Whereas the story of Iron Man is:
>What if an asshole billionaire got injured by his own weapons and had to stop terrorists from using them
The story of Dr. Strange is:
>Wot if the avengers were actually blokes from different capeshit movies and cartoons and you clapped when you saw them
Agreed. Multiverse is the end of all stakes in capeshit. Oh, Iron Man died? It's ok, there's like 50 billion other ones in other worlds.

kek, you morons have been wrongly predicting the downfall of the MCU as far as 2011.

don't you get tired of being wrong? why do you only seek for others to fail, instead of trying to succeed yourselves?

you pathetic, whiny lot

Attached: arnie.jpg (225x225, 7.68K)

You have gone and made me fucking do it

Attached: 9781789509410-the-odyssey-homer-1.jpg (992x558, 59.84K)

>Not watching every Lizziekino
I pity you

Attached: Elizabeth-Olsen-Feet-2921658.jpg (2000x1125, 352.91K)

I knew it was Mr Fantastic right away because I had a cursory knowledge of the Illuminati in the comics, I never read any online speculation about this movie
You're absolutely right though that this movie leans heavily on what happened in Wandavision

good takes, however I suspect there are enough young fans who grew up living and breathing this stuff that they'll be eating it up their whole lives

This
Lizzie4Life

Attached: 1652114365662.jpg (454x470, 35.81K)

>interconnected nature
Extremely loosely interconnected.
>you cannot fully understand it unless you've watched WandaVision
You can, they have explained it in what, 3 sentences? Wanda crazy, Wanda alter reality, Wanda hallucinate kids, Wanda corrupted by evil book. Done.
>you were supposed to recognize him immediately and clap like a seal
Schizo fantasy about fictitious people who cream themselves over nothing. Random bunch of cameos from mooks that neither matter nor are interesting, all in the last third of the movie. All of them were completely interchangeable.
Autists should spend less time in their heads, trying to one up imaginary people in imaginary situations about movies they don't even watch.

>Reed Richards's entrance, for example, was framed in a way that you were supposed to recognize him
That's because these movies are made for the comics' fans first and foremost. You as a normie are looking into a small portion of this vast universe
based

my girlfriend understood everything perfectly and she's only seen Winter Soldier and Guardians 1

There's too many movies to follow. Anyone wanting to jump in after lets say 5 years has to watch 80 hours of badly dated CGI crap.

They should've released 1 movie every 2 years not fucking 4 a year.

It's like having to catch up with 20 old James Bond films to follow next ones, however Bond movies are self-contained and there's no need to know Moonraker to understand Goldeneye.

This movie was self contained

No it wasn't. You need to know like 15 films since introduction of Dr Strange and several tv shows. It's not even a direct sequel to Dr Strange. It's a sequel to Avengers 2 3 4 and more.

>Yea Forums: capeshit is boring formulaic slop for children
>also Yea Forums: you need a doctorate degree to understand the latest one

I watched avengers, then spiderman, then this. Understood the basics - woman bad, dr. strange good, woke girl annoying. The only real questions that somewhat mattered were: Why is this woman a witch now? Why is she obsessed with having children? Why is strange so obsessed with Rachel McAdams now? Otherwise, just regular old capeshit.

It was fine when you needed to see the movies to understand the TV shows and not vice versa. I have not watched any of the Disney+ shows and do not plan to.

You don't need to at all, most people watching probably don't even remember the first Dr Strange and think Batman is going to show up when the Illuminati starts introducing themselves. It tells you everything you need to know

yeah I'm not watching anything beyond Guardians of the galaxy 1 or Iron man 2

See you at Thor

Infinity War and especially Endgame also didn't really work as standalone movies. No Way Home doesn't even work if you haven't watched movies that aren't even part of the franchise. I'm surprised how many people watched them without prior knowledge. I'm a capeshitter but you're right

The only good capeshit recently has been that spiderman movie with The old white guys.

Never watched the gay ass Disney+ series but I understood everything that was going on.

>You need to know like 15 films since introduction of Dr Strange and several tv shows.
No you don't. The one and only thing that could possibly warrant explanation is the throwaway line about being blipped and only in the case if someone went into cryosleep a decade ago and somehow managed to miss memes about Thanos snapping and turning people into dust.
There are dozens of movies and god knows how many tv shows and they do have a continuity but one can drop in at any time and understand everything.
It's either easily consumable dumdum capeshit made for the lowest common denominator, or some deep and meaningful series where one actually needs to know shit to understand shit.

And that's not a bad thing. Catering to loyal and core fans instead of mainstream normies is a bold move that should be celebrated.

The movies are made to get you to watch the TV series so you'll pay for Disney+

There's not a single comic fan who wanted Krasinski in the role. That shit was for the rabid online MCU speculators.

IT SHOULDVE BEEN TIMOTHY OLYPHANT
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1646159231771.png (595x420, 170.78K)

It's not just about being able to follow the movie's plot, but about the moments actually hitting.

I'm pretty sure Avengers Infinity War (and it's direct Successor, Endgame) would be the start of things buckling. Endgame could 100% not be enjoyed unless you watched Infinity War, and even Infinity War had the issue of somewhat being oveereliant on you having seen the prior movies. At least before then it was only movies you had to watch but after Infinity War they introduced so many fucking TV shits that it became hard to tell what is important and what isn't.
Like, how long until you have to watch that stupid "What If" cartoon before you can understand anything going on in a movie?

Attached: p_avengersendgame_19751_e14a0104.jpg (540x810, 195.49K)

Yeah we just wanted Reed and we got him

It was genuinely one of the worst movies in the MCU.

I still can't decide if that back scene was the cringiest moment in movie history or the most kino.

You can start with Infinity War. The only confusing one is Endgame but it's basically Infinity War Part II

The downfall of this movie is that it had Rachel McAdams, Elizabeth Olsen and Hayley Atwell in the same room and didn’t have a lesbian scene between the 3 of them what a fucking missed opportunity

Fans are cancer.

user I don’t even know who scarlet witch is. She wasn’t in dr strange 1.

>his was the first MCU movie where you cannot fully understand it unless you've watched WandaVision.
I haven't watched wandavision and I got it just fine.
>Reed Richards's entrance, for example, was framed in a way that you were supposed to recognize him immediately and clap like a seal upon his appearance.
I'm a person who's alive, I'm aware of the fantastic four even though I don't really care about them. Sounds like this is a personal problem bro.

I gained a lot of respect for her after hearing her shit talk Serbs.

based. would be even better if they got brie larson for a foursome

imagine all 4 of them taking turns shitting on your chest. mmmmm

They have been predicting "superhero fatigue " since the mid-2000s with all the unconnected Marvel movies. Any- any decade now.

Infinity War requires only having seen the prior Avengers movies, you don't have to have seen all the other movies except for maybe Black Panther

>Why is strange so obsessed with Rachel McAdams now?
You don't need to watch any other movie to grasp she's his ex he's still hung up on.

I'll take it

Attached: wvw0ec0na1k.jpg (1600x1067, 370.25K)

I like having sex with women!! 11 one ! :)

twitter might be more your speed

>Endgame could 100% not be enjoyed unless you watched Infinity War,
If it was only that it would be fine, it was pretty explicitly a 2-parter, but it isn't. The movie opens on Hawkeye's family disappearing, Hawkeye wasn't even in Infinity War. The plot to undo the snap relies on Ant-Man, a character that's not in Infinity War. Not to mention all the fanservice moments which, while fun for dedicated viewers, make no sense to new viewers. Like Cap in the elevator scene only works because you know how the scene went in Winter Soldier, otherwise it's just confusing nonsense.

>in the case if someone went into cryosleep a decade ago and somehow managed to miss memes about Thanos snapping and turning people into dust.
This is proof that you are way too deep to judge
Literally billions of people on earth don’t know about that

>Infinity War requires only having seen the prior Avengers movies
Not really

Other way around. Those billions aren't movie going audiences. There are more than enough people on the globe who know the bare minimum about the whole MCU and whatever.
Also, people do not usually care about knowing/not knowing enough, after all it's just another movie.

>This was the first MCU movie where you cannot fully understand it unless you've watched WandaVision.
Even more than that. To fully get everything they talk about and happens in the movie you needed to have watched Infinity War and Endgame, Agents of Shield, Doctor Strange 1, Spidermam No Way Home, and WandaVision, and probably have some basic comic knowledge in general. If you were to just watch Strange 1 and jump to MoM you would be completely lost and that's why normal people don't like comics. They don't like the the feeling that they have to follow half a dozen different series just to know what's happening to the one character they like. I don't think it's a huge problem right now since who the fuck really cares about Dr. Strange but if they keep this up going forward they're going to drive their movies into a niche just like they did with comic books.

It's going to be a major problem in the coming years

>URRR I CANT UNDESTEND THA MOVIE
Based Retard OP

YOU HAVE TO CONSOOM EVERY MOVIE AND TV SHOW

You guys are brainlets, a kid could watch this movie randomly no problem

ham head

I saw Dr. Strange like 3 years ago and I completely forgot his ex girlfriend and Mordo existed until they popped up on screen in this one. What a shit hole of a movie.

I thought you chuds liked gatekeeping???

simp