Anyone just really love this film? Makes me feel a certain way

Anyone just really love this film? Makes me feel a certain way

Attached: MV5BMDliMmNhNDEtODUyOS00MjNlLTgxODEtN2U3NzIxMGVkZTA1L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_.jpg (1755x2599, 639.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pmr_ORIqK0U
youtube.com/watch?v=ykGP3-vnyOU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

greatest film ever made

every time I watch it I forget how political and philosophical it gets at times
great movie

It’s a great film for sure. Maximus reminds me that no matter how bleak things look, to always keep fighting

Love it. One of my most watched films.

Soundtrack slaps HARD

I HAVE COME
TO RECLAIM ROME
FOR MY PEOPLEEEEEEEE

>SOLDIERS
>*dreams of wheat fields start*
>ON MY MARK
>*Joaquin scowling*
>There was a dream that was Rome. You could only whisper it
>*Commodus kills his father*
>I am loyal to Rome
>*Maximus' entire family being butchered*
>Why do you not fight?
>*takes dramatic beating*
>Anyone here ever been a soldier?
>*Commodus mimicking Maximus*
>Aren't the barbarians supposed to lose the battle of carthage?
>My name is Gladiator
>I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next
>Win the crowd and you'll win your freedom
>*sips*
>You know, I met Marcus Aurelius one time
>Marcus Aurelius had a dream that was Rome, THIS IS NOT IT
>*kills everyone effortlessly*
>ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?
>*kids mocking Commodus*
>The slave who defied an emperor
>*grunts in Australian*
>Rally my men
>*shocked faces*
>Soldiers haven't occupied Rome in a million years!
>Busy little bees
>Hey sis, let's go do the incest
>There was a dream that was Rome. It shall be reinstated
>*dreams of wheat fields intensify*
Now Gladiator, that was a good film

Attached: russel is large.jpg (576x848, 102.18K)

This.
Only other film I've watched even nearly as many times is Terminator 2

the film is a bore, a pseudo-historical epic trying really hard to be braveheart. All the actors in this movie seem bored. Phoenix is the only one trying. Based that my boy Claudius comes out as a senator or something though

>when you get filtered by fucking GLADIATOR

Attached: babs smile.jpg (395x594, 75.85K)

>I didn't say I knew him, I said he touched me on the shoulder once!

Attached: Proximo.jpg (618x412, 51.21K)

>you ATE marcus aurelius?

youtube.com/watch?v=pmr_ORIqK0U

Attached: DDDD.jpg (4240x2832, 733.46K)

I saw it twice in theaters. Bought the DVD. Have watched it way too much. I was like f'ing Ralphie from Sopranos for a while. It's just a really great film even if historically kind of inaccurate.

Don't care what he looks like now, what he got to back then is pretty f'ing impressive.

Also he was a killer Sid 6.7 in Virtuosity.

Don't forget the whole best quote:
"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son. Husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

Yeah, it filters out anybody with an above 120 IQ cause its over-hyped garbage. One of the only good things were the production values, which easily reel in simpletons

Not every film needs to be very complicated. You're the only who got filtered. T. 140 IQ.

I really really hate that film. Your thread alone made me scoff

The final line of Crowe saying 'A vision of rome' with the music gets me.

You got filtered along with all the other trash in the pool, which is right where you belong >:(

It's a very badly written movie

MAXI MOOSE MAXI MOOSE

I think about this scene a lot

Kingdom of Heaven was better
>youtube.com/watch?v=ykGP3-vnyOU

>People should know when they’re full
>Would you Quintus? Would I?

I dislike the last 10-15 minutes of the movie. It's so good up until then.

I DIDN'T SAY I WATCHED IT, I SAID I SAW SOME YOUTUBE CLIP ONCE!

Yes, pretty much watch it once every year.

Only the ending really. The action scenes were boring

ralph cifaretto liked it, and I do too, just really well done end to end

Attached: magictrick.jpg (1280x720, 199.46K)

That line wasn't even in the movie. Did Ralph even watch it?

what the fuck was Maximus's problem during this scene? Proximo was opening up to him and he just mocked him for no reason

He was a true Man.

>Reed died from a heart attack during a break from filming Gladiator in Valletta, Malta, on the afternoon of 2 May 1999.[59] According to witnesses, he drank eight pints of German lager, a dozen shots of rum, half a bottle of whisky and a few shots of Hennessy cognac,[60] in a drinking match against a group of sailors on shore leave from HMS Cumberland at a local pub. His bar bill totalled a little over 270 Maltese lira (almost 450 GBP; about 590 USD). After beating five much younger Royal Navy sailors at arm-wrestling, Reed suddenly collapsed, dying while en route to hospital in an ambulance.[61] He was 61 years old.[61]

>My name is Gladiator (2000) starring Russell Crowe, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son. Husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Attached: c36.png (400x381, 127.57K)

this is a great line why are you being such a faggot

It was kind of lame for Proximo to be going on about Marcus Aurelius touching him that one time. Like some obsessed fanboy

Attached: gladiators.jpg (960x631, 74.84K)

Maximus didn’t respect Proximo in the beginning, he saw him as an exploitative fat old man

>Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have a sandwich, in this life or the next

All the scenes without Commodus are boring

Go watch Joker again you fag. Phoenix is a highly overrated actor much like his heroin overdosed brother

I've always like Joaquin's performances, and unlike a lot of actors he has the ability to play a multitude of character types.

Attached: cageys.jpg (412x480, 41.09K)

and Gladiator is a highly overrated movie and a shitty Braveheart knockoff

Yes but it was slightly worse than I remembered it as a kid. I think that The Last Samurai is a better film that gives me essentially the same feeling.

I love both movies and I don’t see how they are related in the slightest other than melee combat

>Rome is to be a republic again
this is the only part that's stupid

>People should know when they've been shilled.
>Would you, user? Would I?

If you can't tell the obvious similarities in character, structure and themes you are literally braindead. Then again you think Gladiator is a great movie so

>celebrating the death of a popular emperor to have a forced INSPIRING ending
>entire plot rests on the emperor and Maximus being dumb as rocks
>the N64 cutscene CGI
>all of those cringe inducing bombastic lines clearly meant to be WOAH SO MEANINGFUL AND IMPORTANT
The whole thing is stupid

>When you find yourself at PopEyes with mustard on your face, do not be troubled, for you are in Elysium, and yourve already fed!

Commodus was probably the shittiest emperor up to that point. What are you trying to say here?

It's clearly stated, in dialogue, that Commodus was loved by the people and exceedingly popular, which worried the Senator dude. Then a scene where plebs are cheering for his death and treating a slave like a hero as sweeping music plays? It's comical

they didn't have flat tops in rome

>it was lame for a former gladiator (slave) to reminisce about the time he was touched by the most powerful man on earth
what does that mean

Attached: screen-shot-2018-01-10-at-09-42-16.png (500x500, 379.98K)

oh massa, why you so sad today, please dont beat me or force me to figh tto death over and over as you make money.

No one gives a shit what the plebs think

Maximus is a bitter and reluctant hero. He only sides with the republic when he realizes it also accomplishes his own goals of killing Commodus. Wallace is an optimist who isn’t reluctant at all to lead Scotland and pressures Robert and others to join his cause to free Scotland. The characters aren’t even remotely similar. Wallace also fucks a princess where Maximus tells the roastie to get the fuck out of his cell

When were people cheering for his death? When Maximus kills him there is nothing but silence

Sir Derek Jacobi seemed to care a great deal in the movie. He talks about it even more in the deleted scenes

Dude was an obvious pederast.

The problem is that everything happens within a short time span (150 days of games once Commodus takes over). Commodus ruled for over a decade and it should have been YEARS before Maximus was able to make it to Rome, when Commodus has more than worn out his welcome and people dislike him but he's too powerful to be stopped. In the movie he goes from being popular to unpopular for no real reason. Show Commodus participating in rigged games killing innocent people, the economy is in shambles, etc.. Then along comes Maximus, a man who represents a better time in history who has a personal grudge against Commodus, much like a lot of the ordinary citizens do. Then the people have a champion to rally behind instead of "oh they just like him because he's good in the ring."