How did Yea Forums know that it's going to bomb?

How did Yea Forums know that it's going to bomb?

Attached: 1638104560218.jpg (780x438, 92.86K)

kino film

>American filmmakers are absolutely obsessed with niggers 'correctly' and paying attention to their phenotypes
>when it's time to actually cast a slav for once, they cast a literal alien who looks nothing like a slav
Americans are obsessed with niggers to the point of forgetting what other people look like

She looks like a slav though

No she does not.

she doesnt look like an alien anymore, just a rat

>How did Yea Forums know that it's going to bomb?
the modern cinema-goer is an obese Chinese-Mexican hybrid with an IQ of 85

I watched the first two hours of the new batman and stopped watching because I just didn't care. There were too many characters, story lines, and 2d characters that I just didn't care.

I liked the northman because althought it was a very simple story line, it was focused in the story telling and character development.

It failed because just like with and lighthouse it tells a very small and focused story that doesn't fly these days.

Yes she does.

No she does not.

She literally does.

No, she really doesn't.

>no capeshit
>not part of a franchise

gee, who would have thought

Because it's a fucking Robert Eggers movie. Why would any studio be stupid enough to give the guy who made The Lighthouse and The VVitch tens of millions of dollars to make a movie? Did they really think they were gonna make that money back? Is Robert Eggers a crowdpleasing filmmaker? Hell, he can't even secure awards nominations.

VVitch made 40 million box office from 4 million budget.

A WHOPPING 40 MILLION DOLLARS! AND HE MADE 18 MILLION DOLLARS WITH THE LIGHTHOUSE! BETTER GIVE THIS GUY MORE MONEY! HE'LL GET THE BOX OFFICE SINGING WITH MAINSTREAM AUDIENCES NO DOUBT!

dude relax lol

how much do films generally make from Blu-ray sales and from being sold to streaming services etc?

The Witch got like a C- Cinemascore, though. It only made that much because of marketing. Audiences hated it.

physical media is dead, but you could get a fuckton from streaming. however, they usually only pay a fuckton if the movie doesnt go to theaters and is sold before then, or if the movie is insanely popular

When was the last time a movie set more than a thousand years in the past made more than $100 million? Gladiator? Of course it was going to bomb.

The Rise of Skywalker

Because the movie was good. It's impossible for a good film to do well at the box office in the era of capeshit.

I think The Last Duel just pipped over that much, but it cost a lot more to make so it still lots lts despite being advertised to fuck and also Ridley Scott. Execs can't let go of the magical past where historicals made big money because then they'd have to admit they know no better than anyone else about why some films go big and some fail and they can't possibly justify their pay.

Last Duel made 30 million. It cost 100 million.

People only care about capeshit now, it's not too difficult

it's kind of a capeshit though?

Cult classic

>nooo you can't just make a good movie! all that matters is money!
T. Goldberg.

She does

>everything I don't like is capeshit
I am so glad I hardly ever visit this shit board anymore kek.

Nah.

Nobody wants to look at wh*te people. Ugly fucking cultureless cumskins.

Yeah

Even though it bombed at the cinema Eggers can cope with the fact that whenever someone wants to watch a Viking movie this will be THE Viking movie for at least 10 years to come.
Once the movie is fully released it will absolutely break even. Especially when it comes to streaming, but that will take a while. Screencap this.

Attached: 1302490010163.jpg (600x600, 43.49K)

>protagonist's family is killed when he is young
>becomes super powerful + has a magical sword
>literally wears a cloak throughout the movie

>what is mythology
None of the elements you mentioned have anything to do with something being capeshit. Lurk more, faggot.

Attached: F6B07BBD-556C-4090-9A3A-67A997FECA3C.jpg (550x506, 46.17K)

Attached: 1651859526329.jpg (720x697, 30.42K)

it's capeshit, cope

Attached: 1646383611597.jpg (749x926, 91.27K)

>Alienate a majority of the world's population by making a white supremacy dog whistle film
>White incels on Yea Forums make it worse by spouting, 'MUH PURE WHITE MASCULINITY, MUH ALL WHITE CAST' all over the internet
Hopefully Eggers learns from this mistake and doesn't repeat it.

Attached: polcel.jpg (637x358, 28.73K)

It isn't capeshit. Also post the horse webm.

>watched 2 hours of the batman

Attached: voyager 3.gif (400x300, 1.53M)

>telling someone else to 'lurk more' when you yourself admit you don't come here often
>'lurk more'
>not 'lurk moar'
Newfag detected. Please lay your head on a railroad track.

She'd go through as a frenchie before being considered a slav

It is capeshit. Protagonist has magical powers, wears a cloak and saves enslaved people.

Yes

It was pretty good, but not nearly as good as the lighthouse. Also it felt too american. From a scandinavian.

>Also it felt too american
What exactly?

Been coming here for over 12 years. The last few years this board has become insufferable. This board used to be retarded, but funny. Now it's just retarded and annoying.
It is nothing like capeshit. This is probably bait, but if it isn't, you should kill yourself.

Do Americans really?

Le viking in northren europe fighting each other, how boring.
>Viking in India
Now that's kino.

Not everyone says lurk moar instead of lurk more you fucking newfag. Ironically, you should lurk more yourself.

Yea Forums sucks at define what is good. But it's great at spotting what is shit.

>great at spotting what is shit
>because of calling everything shit

would still fuck the shit out of her.

That’s because of the misleading trailer.

This. Also objectively less educated blacks and Indians.

The only way a Viking movie could have been a box office success would have been if Mel Gibson made it

The last duel wasn’t well advertised. It also faced stiff competition when it was released (Halloween and Dune) unlike the Northman. It was also made for older audiences who still hadn’t returned to the theatres because of Covid.

I like the movie but VVitch and Lighthouse were better

>"I was jumping at it because when he first called me and was like, ‘Hey I’m making The Lighthouse and there’s no role for you. There’s a mermaid…” I was like, ‘I can be the mermaid!’ He was like, ‘You really should not be this particular mermaid, Anya.’ I was like, ‘I can be the seagull, I can just be in the background.’"
literally Meryl Streep of our times

Attached: 1642098281960.jpg (1124x1085, 195.21K)

>It was also made for older audiences who still hadn’t returned to the theatres because of Covid.
I can't speak for the USA, but in my country it's mostly middle aged people crying over COVID. People between 20 - 55 years old. Young people just wanted to get on with their lives. Old people have generally accepted death and just want to have a few good years before they kick the bucket.

I seriously refused to see the film as soon white incels went crazy over it. If they hadn’t then I would have paid to see it. I instead decided to support ‘everything everywhere all at once’ with a colourful cast.

the mermaid scene in Lighthouse is kino tho

>making decisions based on what a few people on the internet are saying
Ask me how I know you're a virgin.

Because it's an actual film

How do you know?