What was the meaning of this scene?

What was the meaning of this scene?

Attached: luke head.jpg (620x374, 51.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Luuke_Skywalker
starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Luuuke_Skywalker
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

absolutely none.

>OH DON'T BE VIOLENT, YOU THINK YOU'RE HURTING OTHERS BUT YOU'RE JUST HURTING YOURSELF
george lucas is a fucking kike

he killed his clone from the clone wars

It must suck to have such a narrow mind... The scene depicts Lucas' deep understanding of Jungian Psychology. I'm not going to spoonfeed the meaning to you, but you will get it one day and that's the moment when it will truly have meaning.

>luke puts on vader's helmet and says "Now i am the new Darth Vader" and slowly morphs into him

Luke acted on his hatred. It was symbolic, if he were to continue to do so he would walk the same path his father did before him, therefor basically becoming him.

You'll notice Yoda told him not to bring his weapon with him, but he did anyway. he went in seeking conflict and that's what he got. He's also the first to draw his lightsaber, where as the illusion of Vader only does so after he does.

Nolan is telling the audience that Luke must cilmb out of a hole in the ground before defeating the villain.

they wanted to make a removable helmet vader figure but the plastics of the 1980s couldn't handle it

god dammit user

Attached: 1652179674301.jpg (480x640, 12.42K)

someone should shop a reddit head there

are these replies made by bots or morons?

That being a hero and being a Jedi are not the same thing.

The entire premise of Empire is the qualities that made Luke a hero in the first film end up fucking everything up in Empire. Being a Jedi "like his father" is just dooming him to becoming Darth Vader.

Yoda gives drugs to Luke and he sees himself in Vader. This is part of Luke’s indoctrination into the jedi (beware the evil inside you etc: do what we say), and fans have likewise been indoctrinated by this.

But Vader became a Sith only because he was promised by Palpatine that it would save his wife, and Anakin was clearly an unstable asshole from the beginning. What exactly would entice Luke to join the dark side? Power? He never showed any interest in it.

>Being a Jedi "like his father" is just dooming him to becoming Darth Vader.
It’s worth remembering that Anakin kills far more people than Vader and that it’s Vader, not Anakin, who dies on the cross and kills Satan.
Anakin the jedi kills women and children, Vader is literally Space Christ. Know the difference.

>What exactly would entice Luke to join the dark side?
Saving his friends and the rebellion to restore the Republic. Luke only starts fighting Palpatine (which is ultimately going to doom him to evil, see the beginning of the movie where all-black Luke force chokes people etc etc), once the plan to blow up the death star seems to fail.

Vaping is bad for your health.

It's supposed to represent the temptation the dark side has, and will eventually give him. How if he doesn't face his demons properly he will become them.

Basically "hurrr watch yourself or you will become the dad you hate durr"

>YOU HAVE A SHADOW SELF THAT ENJOYS VIOLENCE
>…THEREFORE IF YOU KILL THE VILLAIN YOURE JUST LIKE HIM!!!
It’s the same shit

whooooo CARES….this movie was made for 13 year old kids

I care faggot.

To be fair Star Wars is riddled with Jewish subversion, and Satanic ideas.
There's everything from incest to divination, and everything in between.
Just about the only thing it didn't do was glorify drug use, and profanity.
Watch the original three with an open mind, and you will see just exactly how long the powers that be have been trying to program the masses.

Why do you think most of media today is remakes of old shit? Because the stories, and archetypes displayed have timelessly used through out mythology to program masses into behaving a certain way.

This entire board is a discussion on MK ULTRA techniques whether the plebs realize it, or not.

Attached: 9mm.jpg (464x960, 69.89K)

It was Bigger Luke

Well yeah George Lucas’ entire psychology is that of a liberal boomer

Wrong.

Even more wrong.

The most wrong.

It's that he is indirectly, partially within that mask because the man who is within that mask physically, is his blood - his father.

well then what's the right answer faggot.

your greatest enemy is yourself
or
your deepest fears are within you

underage b&

Oh I’m sorry. It’s the Wagnerian ideal of gestalt self-actualization as demonstrated through Joseph Campbell’s Hero’s Journey, self-recreation through confronting one’s own shadows in the cave of their life. Also known as the right wing way to say the exact same thing

luke having an evil clone would have made for a better sequels plot

Star wars is exceedingly critical of liberals, they are leftist films.
This is why the jedi are complicit in the establishment of the empire, why Luke is a slaveowner, why Leia is racist, and why ANH ends with the rebels doing a reference to Triumph of the will.

Well it’s certainly not nazism. See my other posts in the thread.

starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Luuke_Skywalker

>luuke
I am dying

Yeah but I have trouble squaring this with George Lucas as a boomer liberal, all his complaints about liberal complacency and conservative imperialism fall a bit flat when he had been one of the chief liberal media moneymakers in the world. I guess it doesn’t invalidate his message, it’s wise to notice that these two parties only go one direction together and that will lead to some terror followed by a downfall, but when is Lucas going to fulfill his role as Darth Vader and throw the evil down a pit?

>he's never heard of Luuke or Bigger Luke
Lurk for at least 2 years before posting

Do heroes’ journeys usually end with the Hero (briefly) realising the inherent evil of ”his side” (and in a broader sense, the universe) and resolving to be killed in a display of pacifism?

starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Luuuke_Skywalker

there is no right answer because anything that is even associated with "jungian psychology" is hot garbage and inherent wrong and devoid of real meaning.

pseuds like this will tap dance away from having to explain anything because if they tried they would be lambasted. What's worse is they realize this, but instead of confronting their cognitive dissonance and proposing the question to themselves "what if I am the one who is wrong?" they will lead you on a wild chase making fun of you for not knowing the retarded absurd answer which is so far steeped in 19th century pseudoscience they'd have to have sex with their mother before they could pull it out of their ass

It's more-so the "metamorphasis" or something like that. I can't remember the exact term Campbell uses. The hero returns home transformed and uses his newfound revelations to improve his homestead. Something along those lines.

I don’t care about Lucas the man, but the films are undoubtedly leftist (they are much better when read as leftist films, a reading which is completely coherent and takes into account more evidence than the nerd/libertarian reading).

Funnily, Lucas the nerd-idea is a more akin to a Palpatine figure, an insidious, satanic, figure ruling over the (star wars) universe, being behind every plot and retcon, every word he says is a lie even the parts that are clearly true etc etc.

And he will always be your dark master as long as you love the republic/the EU

>"jungian psychology" is hot garbage and inherent wrong and devoid of real meaning.
Yes thank you I can tell from

This
>oy vey violence isn't the answer goy. Leave that to us!

Jordan pls go, you need to get off the benzos

Yes, often enough

Yeah Lucas is the emperor

Remember when the same thing happened to rey but more dumber.

I saw this in the thumbnail and i was like
>who is this lady
just like I saw it back in the movie and I was like
>who is this pimple face supposed to be???

he has a lot of pimples in his face or are those already scars from his car accident? his lips and eyes also look super female. it's really hard to tell that this is Luke. I've always hated that scene.

his long lost twin brother was larping as Vader

Hamill is super fucked up in ESB, I think they changed the Tauntaun scene to accomodate it.

Foreshadowing
If he goes down the violent path, he'll become like Vader. But also, there's a bit of Vader in him because of the whole fatherhood thing

Wait, why did Yoda have Luke's evil clone hiding in a cave nearby his swamp home? And he didn't even warn Luke? What a little faggot

It was done better since she almost kill her friends

He’s scared of being consumed by the dark side and becoming like Vader. It’s not that deep.

Are you just pretending to be stupid?

You can see the payoff in RotJ, when Luke lukes down at his own mechanical hand after slicing off Vader's.

Attached: LukeHand.jpg (625x418, 61.03K)

Luke could not defeat the Emperor. By abandoning his hate he saved vador. Darth V literally recovered his humanity and saved the day.

Its a moment of reflection. The hero seeks triumph, but how does this make him different from the antagonist? Putting aside the empire, the rebels, the Galaxy itself, and the sides of the conflict, how is Luke different from his father? That's an invisible question that should've come more to the front when he confronted Vader really, but is answered somewhat, and that's his compassion-- he can't forgive his father for what he has done, but he can avoid repeating his mistakes. Also hinting at Luke finding the dark side appealing but pushing above it.

>calls shit satanic unironically
>says others are the brainwashed ones
Religion is the oldest opiate of the masses dumbfuck.

bot(h)

Obviously the whole "violence and anger will destroy you" part is valid but im surprised nobody mentioned that it also forshadows vader's connection to luke as his father

Attached: 1512417519629.jpg (436x330, 29.17K)

when Look lukes down*

This is basically why Luke turns to the Dark Side in Dark Empire. He pretends to submit to Palpatine just to find the weakness to the planetary devastators on Mon Calamari, only to find out he bit off more than he could chew.

know yourself the same solipsism of matrix 1999

Attached: EXciM83U4AA5NKq.jpg (1024x768, 142.97K)