Pixar downfall

What fucking happened bros?

Attached: 2364983276498236481348623684.jpg (2744x3464, 2.64M)

Attached: pixar.jpg (1008x123, 24.8K)

fpbp

>golden era
strong and clever writing, groundbreaking animation, incredible exploration of the imagination

>now
too grounded in humanity, animation looks "normal", writing is not nearly as strong/clever

Encanto isn't pixar, I know the styles are basically the same now but come on

I hope you see the irony of putting Soul on Soulless

Rashida Jones complaining it was evil for white men to make movies for themselves and their kids

Coco has soul and is newer

Soul was a great movie.

Dude what. Coco is like 6 years old now.

I'm pretty sure most of the original team who made the golden era films what they were have now left the company, and we're now left with a bunch of nu-age millennials who think they know how to write a script when really they wouldn't know the difference between a dissertation and a Denny's menu.
another note, all three of the movies in the soulless category are fucking dripping with "soul". they aren't good, but there's clear effort behind them.

Encanto was also a good movie btw.

coco is just plagiarisimo of spirited away

The original crew who made Pixar what it was is gone excluding the guy who did Finding Nemo.

>What fucking happened bros?

>Disney buyout
>John Lasseter fired
>women promoted to leadership positions
>veterans leaving for Skydance
>parent company pushing them towards streaming exclusivity, sabotaging their theatrical revenues
>most productions over the past decade have been either bland, forgettable, awful, or just outright propaganda (except for Coco)
>current staff is woke CalArts grads who don't know how to draw & want to groom children
They're "Pixar" in name only. You're no longer the target audience since they pander to Marxists & commies these days. Won't be long until they're completely assimilated by Disney Animation Studios.

Attached: zed98.jpg (600x600, 48.1K)

Up is extremely overrated because the opening scene was memorable.

How is Coco propaganda? I didn't really think much of it at all.

Now that they’ve giving all the minorities movies will they go back to white people

>literally everybody says Up is overrated and only the opening scene is good
At what point does Up become underrated seeing as this viewpoint seems to be the most common? I actually like the rest of the movie

You aged fuckhead.

>tfw there will never be a type cast like this ever again
it's a good movie, everybody is just a faggot

Attached: pixar-up-russell.jpg (1600x900, 344.57K)

I don't know if OP pic is bait or not but Encanto is not a Pixar film. Anyway, pic related is the exact moment they went to shit.

Attached: 902ab8634000ca23e92055988de210e0_2b3ec72d-873c-48b7-85cf-e5ac68c42f69_480x.progressive.jpg (480x718, 106.88K)

They literally apparently don't if three people like it ITT as opposed to one

It wasn't necessarily "bad." It's just that most of the middle portion of the film was a mess. The intro + conclusion were good though.

soul wasnt entirely terrible

>pic related is the exact moment they went to shit.
Cars 2 was when they lost their spark. Brave was just a bland rip off of Brother Bear.

Everything eventually crumbles and dies, also what's Encanto doing there?

They improved

everything got worse in the 2006-2009 period in general. Literally every aspect of life.

Attached: 2007Complete.jpg (3335x1403, 1.16M)

Lol why did you pick the best 3 disney movies in the past decade for you're shitty bait image. Encanto is better than all of the top three. Turning red and Soul are better than all but toy story

iCarly > Sopranos

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65.13K)

TV was in a pretty great spot in 2010-2016. I think Trump's election shattered the minds of everyone in Hollywood beyond repair

Pixar was always propaganda from the beginning, look at toy story, has there ever been a greater monument to materialism, something that makes children value materialism more highly than toy story?
Pixar was created by lucasfilm and funded by apple, it's goal has always been to use digital animation technology to create more affective toy commercials

Attached: zed100.jpg (622x626, 35.3K)

forgot to mention that I'm trans btw

/thread

Up is a boring movie, the woan dies and the the rest is just some generic kiddie roadtrip movie. Finding nemo is boring as fuck, all I remember about it is the faggot kid not listening to his dad and then their in a dentist office. Meanwhile encanto has a broadway quality soundtrack and Turning red has comfy slice of life moments with an adorably quirky yet grounded cast

Cars 2 is not that bad, it focused too much on Mater, but it still was fun and you could see Lasseter love for cars all over it. Brave on the other is a bland and boring flick that no one remembers nowadays.

Cars 3 was honestly the best cars, it's a super low bar though because the other 2 sucked so much ass

>has there ever been a greater monument to materialism
Wasn't Toy Story 2 explicitly anti-materialism?

Agreed that Cars 2 is not that bad, but it's certainly not deserving of a "Pixar movie" label. It should've been a direct-to-DVD sequel.

Encanto is not Pixar, it’s Disney’s in-house animation studio. Speaking of which, most of Pixar’s best staff was transferred to Disney’s studio by the time they were working on Tangled, including Lasseter, so that’s why Pixar was so mediocre and repetitive in the 2010s while Disney kept scoring major hits like Frozen and Zootopia

>an adorably quirky
This is some bad bait dude.

>Turning red has comfy slice of life moments with an adorably quirky yet grounded cast
OK groomer

SOUL
Up
>high spirited asian boy assists elderly father figure
>fantastic adventure in the sky leading to paradise falls
>Good moral about not meeting your heros

Finding Nemo
>overprotective father who loves his son
>grand search across the entire ocean to find him
>by the end he finally learns "it's time to let go"

Toy Story 3
>familiar old friends viewed through a different lense
>hints of power corruption in an unfair & exclusive system
>by the end there's a sense of growing up and passing down the torch

SOULLESS
Turning Red
>starring the most fucking specific character type everyone can relate to
>movie for children literally revolves around menstruation
>moral at the end is backwards as fuck

Soul
>nigger
>teaches kids about death and dying (yay)
>boring and pointless conclusion that ultimately accomplished nothing

Encanto
>one of three token mexican movies all done in a row
>obnoxious quirky family!
>doesn't do anything new

they've had a pink haired monkey at the helm for the last 10 years
i'm sad to see another one giants fall. it's like all the new stuff that's made just gets worse.
it really is over

Attached: 329847938274.jpg (2000x1506, 635.57K)

the first Cars was great, I'm not sure why it was hated other than the fact that a lot of people have a bizarre hateboner for NASCAR for some reason

wasn't a fan of Cars 2, and Cars 3 was weird
it did the whole 'bring things full circle to put the franchise to bed' thing, but Cars never really established itself in the first place so a nostalgic swan song just felt strange

Encanto is not a Pixar movie, retards. Just because it's CGI-animated doesn't mean it's Pixar; are all game systems Nintendos?

>Turning red has comfy slice of life moments with an adorably quirky yet grounded cast
not everything has to be like your moe anime you tasteless cocksucking faggot

Attached: 34578683924598324567.jpg (384x430, 56.45K)

I feel like I'll never truly comprehend why or how things had to get that bad during that period.
Even post-9/11, the early 2000s were still comfy, but those couple of years really do feel surreal looking back at the damage they caused.

obsessed lol

>Preparing kids for loss bad because I cried during all dogs go to heaven
Boo hoo nigga.

Monsters Inc, Incredibles?

This.
>Cars 2 = shit sequel to a mediocre passion project
>Brave = bland Brother Bear rip off
>Monsters University = unnecessary prequel which ruins parts of Inc.
>Inside Out = overrated rip off of Osmosis Jones
>The Good Dinosaur = Pixar's most forgettable project
>Finding Dory = the sequel you don't remember, but there's a lesbian couple in it
>Coco = the last spark of the old Pixar with a genuinely wholesome tone
>Cars 3 = ....oh yeah, that happened (bland "passing of the torch" movie)
>The Incredibles 2 = disappointing follow up to one of their best IPs & wasn't worth the 14 year wait
>Toy Story 4 = awful sequel which completely ruined the ending to 3
>Onward = boring road trip movie you've seen before
>Luca = LGBT propaganda disguised as a kid's movie + the beginning of the CalArts descent into ugliness for Pixar
>Soul = bland life & death movie, but with ugly human character designs
>Turning Red = arguably their dumbest + most drastically tone deaf film they've made thus far & a clear indicator of how far gone the studio truly is
>Lightyear = the literal definition of soullessness
In some ways, they've suffered nearly the same fate as Studio Ghibli, but much worse by comparison.

Lol, bait

fpbp

disney absorbed them
over time enough key people move around that the spirit of pixar doesn't exist anymore it's just the name of a disney division

I just realized that Gran Torino copied Up

How is Luca LGBT propaganda? I didn't saw it.

only in peripheral aspects

>I didn't saw it.
Start taking ESL classes, chinglish.
>How is Luca LGBT propaganda?
The fish transformations + the moral lesson about "coming out" weren't red flags for you? It was about as subtle as Turning Red's mensturation allegory & abortion metaphor. Pixar's been run by feminists for years now.

It's not. Tumblr lesbian trannies compare it to "Call Me By Your Name" because it's about two guys in Italy, but that's as far as the comparison goes. And then the fact that the little boy has a secret that he has to hide to avoid being judged and there's another boy who accepts him despite this has people going "omg it's symbolic of gay" which... okay, you can think of it that way, but that doesn't mean the film is about that.

Luca is cute and fun. Better than Encanto - should have won best animated picture.