D U N C

Now that all the spice has settled, what do you thinkf of the latest adaptation of Dune?
What was good about it? What was bad?

Attached: Dunc.jpg (809x1200, 114.89K)

Play Behind The Dune.

Attached: Android-Behind-The-Dune-Game-Free-Download.jpg (311x405, 133.01K)

his mom was pretty good

Music was excellent

Inclusion of a little bit of Paul's existential dread was nice, if short lived

It was alright but nothing special outside of a couple scenes.

>They renamed Jihad because people are too weak nowaday.
>I want to pound his mom
>Zendaya staring at you randomly

Reminded me of the first time I watched Fellowship of The Ring
Feels like this series has the potential to be a phenomenal epic

The directing was good. The narrative was trash. The aesthetic was good but wrong for Dune. The poz was bad and stupid and contributed to making the narrative retarded.

>Something happens
>Loud noise and woman wailing
Small thing but i hated it, otherwise it was alright

Poor alternative to Lynch Dune at the end of the day. Scrawny faggot protagonist is fine in books since your mind can de-faggot whatever it wants as you're reading. It's laughable in motion.

The good:
>That Mongolian throat singing scene that was basically a 40k blood angels ritual
The bad:
The rest, I fell asleep by the end and we were at the front of the cinema.

Music, cinematography, direction are good.
Bardem, Isaac, Ferguson and, surprisingly, Chalamet are good.
Pacing, story, dialogues are not good.

It was fucking boring and nothing happened

recently watched this kino at home on HBO max. I'm disappointed I didn't watch it in imax. hopefully when part two comes out they re-release it since it had a simultaneous streaming release. 8/10 maybe more if I had a better sound system

I thought it was ok, but a bit flat and sterile. I read on here that people said zendaya couldn't act, since ive never seen a film with her before i didnt know what to expect. But tv was right, shes bad, really bad

Its hard to explain, imagine watching a film about pirates, where everyone is talking like a pirate with a thick accent , then imagine zendaya turns up and says "Hello, i'm zendaya in this movie i play a female pirate" in her normal voice

I give it a 5/10, because it's half a movie

>the dubs must flow
-mua'dubs: an oral history of sick diggies

Attached: 1633989719966.png (681x379, 487.52K)

Kinda like if lynch dune didn't have a budget but had a set designer who owed money to the mob but was good at painting skyboxes
Vacuous like every so called big budget movie from the last 13 years

tl;dr 8/10 no Gurney singing

I liked it. The big problem is that the movie entirely exists to set up the sequel, so whether or not DUNC 2 is good will make or break this film. Casting was weird to me. I liked Isaac as Leto and Skarsgaard as Vlad and Ferguson was a great Jessica, but Brolin didn't make for a great Gurney to me. Momoa as Idaho was cynical. They were just trying to reel in the action movie/superhero movie crowd. Chalamet was clearly drumming up the angsty teen idol act like Pattinson in Twilight, but the Gom Jabbar scene convinces me that he's not just phoning it in. Maybe he's overdoing the whole quiet, reserved, and socially awkward act a bit too much. Didn't care for Zendaya or the one face she's capable of making. I'm dead certain she was casted for the same reasons as Momoa.

I think it was great. The only bad thing about it was the trannies who shittalk it on Yea Forums. Come home white man - DUNC is and always will be /ourfilm/.

If you need spice to travel space how did they get to arakis in the first place?

btfo, dunefags

the good
>stayed pretty true to herberts novel
>mommy jessica
>kino cinematography
the bad
>mutt chani
>butchered my nigga liet-kynes
>costumes were bland
>marvel tier dialogue and quips
overall pretty it was surprisingly decent

Attached: 1637293568807.png (1702x994, 373.14K)

ok tranny

What are they powering their space ships with, gasoline? When one gets shot it explodes into a huge fireball. Dafuq? Are those just obligatory boombooms to make the zoomers happy?
As far as the rest of it, I pretty much liked what I saw, but so far it's only half the story, so too early to tell.

Attached: AlwaysBoomTomorrow.jpg (474x355, 18.57K)

ok faggot, go make another zendaya thread you ugly bitch

They already filmed part 2, right? And it's coming out soon, right?

ok tranny

Yea Forums has been hard-coded to hate any major blockbuster film that doesn't follow the Marvel formula

>"b-but BUT THE QUIPS!"

yeah, like 2? and both times the jokes were well contained and didn't fuck with the mood of the scene?

Fall 2023

Good: nothing. Everything about it felt off from the stilted performances to the miserable production design. It felt about as uninterested in delivering its story as I was having to endure its slothful ways.
Bad: everything. It was as though “fuck it” became the production philosophy and instead of building a compelling narrative Denis wanted to provoke conversation through apathy with ten people who found his point of view on the book at all engaging. A corpse has more inspiring stuff in its bones than that Canadian piece of trash. Everything about it was out of step and loved that about itself to such a degree it cocooned whatever was interesting and smothered it just as it was opening itself up to the audience. Care about any of these characters? Cut away now. Need a motivating factor that’s compelling from your villains? Cut away or I’ll gut you with my beaver claw, Gordo.

It was a disaster AND had the fucking audacity to say at the end of its plodding exercise THAT THERE WAS MORE TRASH COMING IN PART 2. How about you fucking do your job the first time out you fucking cocksucker. I hope your feet are eaten off by a bedouin.

There. Now fuck off.

Weak compared to David Lynch`s version. Art design was inferior was inferior and Paul`s spiritual journey lacked strength and depth as the oniric sequences were poorly realized and the main conflict was poorly narrated. On Lynch`s version the whole thing starts with a prophecy about Paul ascendance and the whole point of the Emperor`s plan is to prevent it. It`s a far stronger and compelling beginning. Effects and combat choreography were better on Villeneuve`s version for obvious reasons but conceptually the whole thing was inferior. That said the new version ends in a weak note, presumably, because it`s been split in two so if the second part manages to somehow be more exotic, more alien and have a strong enough ending they could come out more even.

lmao take this dumb nigga outside

Suck cock you illiterate loser.

You need to get the FTL ship from point A to point B without running into anything, which requires insanely fast reactions, faster than a normal human can manage. Pre-folding they used AI, but the Butlerian Jihad made that illegal. So the Guild navigators suck down a shitload of Spice so their expanded consciousness can predict the problems before they happen. But I'm not a Dunc Loremaster, so take that with a grain of salt.

Attached: SpiceJunkie.jpg (600x762, 90.16K)

haaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Too safe of a version

Cynical or not, Mimosa and Zenyatta Mondatta were vital the to the movies success. A lot of women saw Dune purely for those two (and were turned off by them both barely being in it).

Expect part 2 to have low numbers due to all of the casuals turned away when the first wasn't game of thrones in space guest staring the euphoria chick

Yeah you kind of need lots of energy to make something that can go in space, How much of an rockets weight do you think is just fuel. Unless you are talking about the lasgun-shield reaction, then that is another story.

Oh wow I don't actually care

I've never read the book nor seen the Lynch movie so I went into this fresh.
I felt it was a very entertaining experience and I bought into the world and characters - except Zendeya. I'm eager to see where the story goes next. Definitely a movies I am greatful I got to experience in the cinema, I doubt the grand spectical and music would hold up well on my tv at home.

They can do FTL in the setting without navigators. IIRC, non-navigator FTL has about a 50% chance of you making it to your intended destination. The ones who don't are never seen from again. Where do they go? Nobody knows.

Should have been an hour longer with more wandering in the desert

Sardaukar 'til I die
I'm Sardaukar 'til I die
I know I am
I'm sure I am
I'm Sardaukar 'til I die.

Attached: c'mon sardaukar.jpg (1200x675, 47.35K)

you're saying that it was "vital" to the movie's success that people who don't actually care about the movie's setting/story/directing/etc. show up just to see the thing they know so that they can clap

you have 0 bitches

True, but I figured that some 80 centuries into the future we would have figured out a way of getting into orbit that didn't involve throwing shit overboard. Fun fact: by weight, less than 2% of the rockets that took astronauts to the moon actually made it into lunar orbit.
Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to share that with me.

he's got at least one :)

i watched the flick

then later i listen to the audionovel

movie doesnt scratch the book
and i did use my own imagination to create a more compelling setting

ok tranny faggot

>phone poster is an audiobook retard
kek, it's like you're a walking joking

Interesting, the TV show Andromeda had a similar mechanic with their FTL system (Slip Drive) - it had to be run by a biological because only a sentient can make the conscious decisions needed to navigate the slip stream. AI couldn't do it.

Monetary success not artistic success. I think they were both bad choices for the film. But I think without them it's much less likely they'd have made enough money to get part 2 greenlit

Some time make sacrifices to play the Hollywood game

What the fuck does that have to do with your pathetic ass life and your ignorant retard persona? Why would I want bitches? Bitches are a fucking loser’s game. Get a woman who isn’t a fucking dumb sack of shit like you and maybe she’ll help you get a clue.

It was great
I didnt read the books, but i still understood the plot well - it was pretty straightforward.
At the same time, it got me interested in the universe and It actually got me to read the first couple of books, and this actually made me appreciate the movie even more. Sure, lot of (sometimes very important) stuff was left out, but it needed to be done. I do realize now that Dune simply isn't meant for big screen and it would work perfectly as a series, but as far as trying to adapt it into a movie goes - i don't think you could do much better than Villeneuve did.
As for casting, after reading the book I realized that while it was 80% great, some things were shit.
They did my boy Kynes dirty, and I hate what they did with fremen. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind them being black, or brown or whatever - the issue here is that they are all of that. I feel that they should have been racially homogenous, no matter what the race. Even making them all black would probably trigger me less than this weird multiracial hotchpot.
>Also I have an announcement to make - Rebecca Ferguson is in fact my wife

Attached: Dune-actor-Rebecca-Ferguson-1200x800.jpg (1200x800, 106.64K)

>True, but I figured that some 80 centuries into the future we would have figured out a way of getting into orbit that didn't involve throwing shit overboard.
Too be fair, i think that Frank H said somewhere that he didnt care about the space stuff any more than what was needed and that the book wasnt about the space travel and shit, so you shouldnt cara about how a space ship works.

Oh and as for the movie itself, I liked nearly all of its aspects. Visuals, sound, acting, all of that was great.
I did not like the ending tho. While plot-wise it was a natural point to split the movie at, It was poorly don't in i guess the technical sense? Way too abrupt. Not sure what would I change to make it better, but still.

>I feel that they should have been racially homogenous, no matter what the race. Even making them all black would probably trigger me less than this weird multiracial hotchpot.
and i just realized i sound like some derange /pol/tard

Only 3 books in myself but 90% of the books take place on Arrakis and the other 10% is other planets (usually Giedi Prime or Salusa Secundus). People might as well take stage coaches between world because space travel is just a mechanism for people to come in and out. The universe honestly feels kind of small. They talk about the massive scale of the empire and other worlds but so far there's only like 4 with any detail.

Two hour trailer for the next episode. I probably would have liked it if i saw it in the theatre though.

FPBP

Very good, I like it a lot. Atmospheric, ominous, dense, dark, immersive, as expected of Villeneuve.

I hope that all you ADHD retard zoomers don't screw up the production of the next films.

Attached: 1621468965865.jpg (3440x1440, 406.84K)

>figured out a way to get into orbit without throwing something overboard
In the lore they use a “holtzman drive” which produces the equivalent of a magnetic field for mass. Essentially a black box “gravity engine”. It may not actually throw off matter, and the explosion could have just been energy released from the system losing stability. Honestly not bad for something from the 60s as far as I’m interested

The books after herbert died are pretty good. Why do all these fake fans hate them?

behold the ramblings of a man who got no hoes

I hate you

I like the 80s one more.

I loved it. I read the books years ago in high school so I went in having a good grasp of the story. I think that Denis managed to do a great job with the first half of the book, especially given the bland performances by the actors. The acting all felt a little moody but I guess the books were that way as well considering we follow a teenager with a god complex. The reason the movie is so great is because of the music, cinematography set design and special effects. This is a proper film man's film. I always thought that the beginning of the story in the unfinished book series was never that great (God emperor is the best book suck my dick) so I wasn't expecting that much story wise.