If anyone talked to me like that, I would break their fucking jaw

if anyone talked to me like that, I would break their fucking jaw

Attached: not my tempo.jpg (1280x720, 116.37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8bRTFr0ytA8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Based. He was such a faggot.
>DUDE MUH DRUMS

That doesn't sound very smart.

You've never been a quarter good enough at anything in your life to encounter someone like Fletcher. Don't worry you'll be safe, nobody talks to losers like that.

>internet tough guy
you would've done jack shit

>simping for an aging old fuck
I hope he sees this and thinks you're "talented' enough to blow him bro

Projection

I can sort of accept that this guy would tolerate being abused by the teacher because he was a pompous narcissist who wanted to prove himself, but what I can't accept is that no one else who was a student of this teacher never questioned him

You'd probably miss and get laid on your ass

Words are violence.

These people invested thousands of hours since they were kids and spend thousands of dollars to go to this school and master their craft. They know this guy is the best. They're there voluntarily and they want to improve. Of course IRL it could be a bit different but it's realistic enough to me

And the guy doesn't feel abused because he knows that's what it takes, these people are also hard on themselves

>if anyone talked to me like that, I would break their fucking jaw

Attached: 1601766999225.png (645x770, 15.96K)

You probably aren't a musician anyway

>Bro, just let this old boomie slap you around and throw chairs at your head

You bet your ass i'm suing. See you in court, geezer fag.

>if anyone talked to me like that, I would break their fucking jaw
And still you were bullied as a kid.

Weird considering jazz is fucking gay

>all that shit to become a jazz drummer

nobody cares about jazz lol.

People like itt ruined the military.

Had a music teacher like him in Junior High School in the late 80's early 90's, he'd make you play and then if he didn't like how you played he would take your instrument and throw it into a corner of the room. He did that once to a kid's saxophone, now this kid was a straight up thug outside of music class and poor as fuck so he couldn't get the sax repaired. Of course he was heated so he picked up a chair and jabbed it into the teachers face repeatedly, the guys glasses broke and he had to get a few teeth replaced lots of blood. Granted this was a NYC public school and not Julliard so he couldn't get away with half the amount of this guy in OP's pic could.

Do you think he treated the people working under him at The Daily Bugle the same way?

he liked and wanted the abuse

The scene where Teller's cousins come in for family dinner was just Chazelle seething at football bros

Or you could just go to the dean of students and have him fired/arrested for assault.

You wouldn't do shit faggot.

It's completely ridiculous. Obviously the guy would get reported after the first incident. Hell he would probably get fired based on his first scene alone.
>muh jazz
lmao literally nobody cares

I thought jazz was supposed to be about a bunch of drugged up dudes just jamming out and bouncing ideas off of each other organically. What is with this hyper autistic timing and attention to detail?

Neither does his teaching style. He deserves it.

Damn, do you remember the teacher's name? I'd like to spit in his eye.

chazelle based the guy off his experience in high school jazz band. there's no one really like that at the upper levels, especially not in jazz. if someone was that big of a cunt they'd be blacklisted, regardless of talent

>What is with this hyper autistic timing and attention to detail?
You just answered your own question. Hyper autism.

the movie was written by a guy who went through ivy league academics. who also wasn't a jazz major/musician/whatever. he chose "jazz orchestra" as the subject of the film because its such a huge contradiction in terms. jazz isn't orchestrated. basically none of the great jazz musicians could even pick a piece of sheet music out of a lineup, much less read or write it.

the point of the movie is more a criticism of higher education in general, where obsessive memorization and repetition of information is forced until students have a sort of psychotic break and become slaves to academia.

>I would break their fucking jaw
Yeah and that's all you'd ever be known for in your miserable pathetic waste of a life afterwards. Go ahead and hit one of the most prodigious music instructors at the most prestigious music school and see what happens. You get arrested. You get blacklisted.
Meanwhile the ones who have what it takes go on to become actual renowned musicians which he continues to teach while you become a cautionary tale and a joke. But hey, at least you hit the guy, right? Faggot.

some people are saying this shit would never happen, but i talked to an older drummer i know and he said the movie was extra powerful for him because he'd known people who would do things like throw shit at the students

Y-you mean it isn't a documentary?! We're all being tricked?!

This movie pisses me off. Neiman was such a fucking coward for taking Fletchers abuse like a dog. Most of Fletchers teaching techniques was impractical and didn't even represent what actual jazz musicians practice.
>DUDE JUST HIT THE DRUM REALLY FAST THIS WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER PLAYER
fuck off. Hollywood sucks

that was kinda the point

Why would anyone want to get good at this?
It sounds like a traffic jam

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8bRTFr0ytA8

In your impotent fantasy, you dream of hitting the one person who could help you open the doors to success? Gotcha. It doesn't matter, of course, because it's your impotent fantasy to defend against being a pathetic loser.

This. It’s a gay pederasty movie.

Every orchestra leader I have ever met has been an asshole. Most have thrown things. One actually injured someone. The film's character is only a slight exaggeration in that regard; it's a very stressful position that encourages people to develop blunt aggressive management styles and places them in authority above players who are very unlikely to voluntarily leave their position.

Fuck off. I've known teachers far better than this imaginary character and have never been yelled at once by any of them. If you have to throw a temper tantrum every time you realise you've failed to teach effectively, you're a shit teacher. This movie is complete wank.

Yeah but the movie is supposed to take place at Julliard if im not mistaken, and teaching slots there are insanely highly coveted so even a whiff of controversy will get you canned. It's not realistic at all as it tries to put you in the seat of the protagonist student trying to keep his slot in the school whereas the faculty member has way more to lose.

That traffic jam is music to my soul. I absolutely love the cacophonous sound of jazz, and especially love when it finally smooths out to something mellow.

I dunno why. Just love it, simple as.

Shaffer Conservatory, its fictional. julliard isn't like that. the entire thing is metaphor/allegory.

Nobody can name a jazz musician from this fucking century.

>They know this guy is the best

'The best' at anything sure as shit doesn't hang around a school yelling at autist children. The angry asshole is working through all his rage of not making it.

That’s the point numbnuts

You like what you like, I like stuff people would consider shit too
It's just that I always found stuff like free jazz, serialism, twelve-tone to be ansolute torture

I guess it's just something about how it sounds like my brain often feels. It's a sort of comfort in that way. It sounds and feels familiar to me as I envision fantasies of living a hard boiled noir private eye dream as I get my leads down at the local jazz bar while having a drink, like in the movies

heh, just youthful foolishness. that's all it is...

Attached: 1648957964683.png (960x1027, 630.09K)

Is it? I never watched it lol. The point of the movie is that he's a shit teacher and it's just pure luck he and his students got good? What lesson am I to take from this?

This movie is just copium for slightly edgy "hard work yields results" fags. The truth is pushing your body to the limits can't give you creativity/genius needed to succeed in a field like music. The effort just isn't worth it even if you're moderately successful.

None, probably. You seem like an idiot.

honestly based poor kid if true

As much of an idiot as I am, I'm not stupid enough to pretend this film is anything but complete wank.

I can't stand this new wave of Hard Work Is All It Is mindset. In reality that's muggles trying to diminish people with gifts.

I've seen a lot of online posts where people are like, "I can do this and I've only been doing it a few months, hours, or years now." I'm always looking at their stuff like, "Yeah, I can tell."

It's weird that we're all wired so differently. I wouldn't listen to the YouTube link on my own but I can tolerate it.

Please, continue...

>Hurr durr this isn't realistic, he would get fired immediately
You guys are fucking idiots, why do you bother watching movies?

Attached: 1270870561379s.jpg (123x127, 2.64K)

What metaphorical scenario can you think of where this kind of childish temper tantrum attitude gets rewarded with good results?

Restaurants.

Military. Fuck off, retard.

Unironically pretty accurate for music directors and bandleaders
Sometimes the ego is warranted sometimes it isn't
Of course i was never good enough musically to go to any good programs but from my experience a ton of college and high school educators have super short tempers and love screaming and smashing shit

>not my tempo

Attached: 1625698177728.gif (150x150, 30.89K)