Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

>saves Star Trek in your path

Attached: a-commanding-pose.jpg (729x668, 92.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7402NMKXxaE
engadget.com/star-trek-strange-new-worlds-episode-one-series-premiere-130045243.html
twitter.com/win98tech/status/1522673300522082307
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bruce Greenwood was fine as Pike if only a little old for a main role, he would have been fine I see no need to recast
Is Kurtzman trying to ignore the Kelvin movies even though he worked on them all?

>Is it true they added the January 6th patriotic peaceful protest in the episode?

Attached: 1504792959500.png (800x800, 467.13K)

Bullshit. It's just more nu-trek woke retconning.

is the bar that low in the star trek universe that what would have been an average episode 30 years ago is now the "saviour of the franchise"

you've never seen star trek, go back to /pol/

It's the best non animated trek we've had in a long time

>saves Star Trek
you can't save something that's been dead since Voyager and Generations

no, the bar for star trek is still quite impossibly high. the bar for nutrek doesn't exist, because they clearly don't care about making a show anyone would want to watch.

>majority female cast
>saved

Attached: female.jpg (740x1096, 206.78K)

Yep, right in your face.

Attached: JanuarySneed.webm (1280x532, 2.5M)

I have no fucking clue. Its like they are treating the movies as separate from the tv show and tos, yet they still reference the movies in Picard.

that doesn't mean anything. as its all been shit. including this.

Yes

They also included Portland (0:14 of your webm) so whatever.

>its all been shit
nah. Lower Decks, Prodigy and now this are perfectly watchable

>is the bar that low in the star trek universe that what would have been an average episode 30 years ago is now the "saviour of the franchise"
Unironically yes. People would kill for an average episode of Trek that doesn't have to do a knockoff of all the species and organizations to avoid copyright like The Orville.

Trips for truth.

Attached: 6gcos7sxbrk71.jpg (1920x801, 245.74K)

Seems like they did it in a subtle way. The Jan 6th stuff really stands out, but I doubt the average person even recognizes the portland bits. Heck, the people watching probably think it was footage from muh insurrection.

I didn't even recognize the stop the steal shit until someone pointed it out and I went back and paused it. It's such a nothingburger.

HAHAHAHAHA

It's just stock footage, there's no references to any specific protest or date. If your brain has been melted by TDS you can choose to believe he's talking about Jan 6 specifically, or if you're a normal human being you can assume it's about some future 21st century event and using recent news footage is cheaper than shooting a fake protest scene.

Enterprise was just OK, and Insurrection was underrated at the time and in hindsight after Nemesis and the Abrams films looks a lot better.

>Enterprise was just OK
It was dogshit with only sparks of okay but I'll allow it.

>and Insurrection was underrated
Fuck right off.

Attached: 1634429665214.gif (220x220, 206.37K)

It's actually 4.5/4.5 split, Una is trans.
Screenshot this post and revisit it after the 9th episode.

Bros...

Attached: 1644308766614.png (1292x796, 1021.53K)

La'an Noonien-Singh is literally "we need a Camina Drummer because girl boss"

I can't even believe you stupid gullible buttfucking homos are still giving poztrek a chance.

Just go down to B street and submit to Tyrone already. You're not even men.

Did you watch SNW?

The main reason this show even exists is because of Anson Mount who is the only person in the whole nutrek universe with a lick of charisma. It would be hilarious if this all turned into a harem anime.

why did they let Farrah Abraham back on tv?

>Fuck right off.
As a movie the pacing sucked but would have fit right in as a 2-part TV episode, and would be a solid 6.5 out of 10 in that context.
With two decades of hindsight and progressively worse content to compare to, I've really warmed on Insurrection and soured on First Contact.
But I also think The Final Frontier doesn't deserve half the shit it gets, so disregard my opinions if you want.

>As a movie the pacing sucked but would have fit right in as a 2-part TV episode
Tired of people saying this. It was bad even as a two-parter and completely contradicted Picard's previous stance towards these kinds of situations.

>The Jan 6th stuff really stands out,
No, it really didn't. It's "standing out" to you because shills and shitposters who have been trolling Yea Forums with nuTrek are losing their minds over them actually making a watchable episode of Star Trek for once. So they've been spamming >muh Jan 6th scene to try and demoralize you and get a little smug energy back.

SNW wasn't fully Star Trek (yet), but it was a thoroughly entertaining and non-pozzed hour of television.

Attached: 1623300282253.png (1920x800, 994.99K)

She gets reined in, unlike Drummer.

Attached: Piked.jpg (1888x3981, 943.79K)

Akiva Goldsman isn't saving shit. Stop making these fucking threads.

>Go to Metacritic to read reviews
>Person gives it a 10/10, says "that was the best trek show since 90s. im pretty sure there will be a lot of haters from echo-chambers, the pure fact that 21 century crisis was mentioned in ep 1 will be a trigger. maaan, did time change. now you can't have a female badass character without some incel arguing that it's 'politics'"

I think Ill pass. But I kept looking and here was another 10/10 gem

>"This is the best first episode of a ST series ever. It's great on it's own and introduces lots of characters we know and care for. The best part of it is the predictable gnashing of teeth by Right Wing Nut Jobs because there just "ain't enough white men" in it. Ignore their BS scores. This is a great start to what looks to be a great series."

Yeah it's basically this.

Attached: 29354420_10215021592600563_4871295050147162771_o.jpg (863x963, 76.15K)

>people I don't like also liked it, I must skip
Midwit take.

He is as interesting as toilet paper

>non-pozzed hour of television

Are you serious? Pearl clutching about Jan 6th is exactly what I would expect from the likes of the showrunners.

>NOOOO I'M INVESTED IN MY ANGER AND DEMORALIZATION AT NUTREK
>YOU CAN'T START WATCHING IT
>I NEED MY PAIN
>WAAAAAA

They meant attractive not charismatic

trek died in 2005

>showing both Jan 6th and Portland as examples of how divided America once was
>pearl clutching
Derp

He's charismatic too. More charismatic than Archer or Janeway by far.

As other user pointed out it also shows Portland. Really not that bad some people just don't like riots lol, left or right!

I'm pretty sure all of these positive reviews are by Paramount bots. I have yet to see a living breathing person like any trek Paramount has been putting out now, let alone give a shit about it.

>Are you serious? Pearl clutching about Jan 6th is exactly what I would expect from the likes of the showrunners.
That's never gonna stop. These people do not share your politics. They never have. They always put shit in their shows that is opposite your beliefs. For for the first time in years they put the story and characters first. If you want to get triggered by .5 ms of January 6th footage that's up to you but you'll never enjoy another piece of mainstream film or television because you'll always find something to get buttblasted about.

shills are out in full force tonight

oh yeah, I remember when all of those boomers were throwing molotovs at police officers on january 6th, I'm still traumatized at how close we were to losing our democracy.

>Hey guise let's spam the Jan 6th footage from SNW so Yea Forums can't enjoy it
>It's gonna be so funny when they REEEEE

Midwit take of you to assume that its the reason why Im not interested. Im not interested in "female badass" characters or diversity hires. The entire bridge crew is women ffs.

youtube.com/watch?v=7402NMKXxaE

>inb4 he's also a paramount bot despite shitting on literally everything else they've put out

Yeah they all say the exact same fucking thing too. I mean, the BEST intro episode to any trek? Fucking calm down your shill bots paramount.

The writer and producer went went to great lengths to preach about how bad Jan 6th was and they played it up during interviews. Probably knew it would cause controversy and people talking about the show.

That's my entire STO bridge crew.

Citation needed. And not that superherohype site that somehow had an exclusive that wasn't repeated on any other site.

Ugh, yas queen!

That's insulting to kate mulgrew who is established. He isn't more charismatic because he is le white man.

The truth is that SNW looks to be maybe on par with Enterprise so far.
13 years of worse and worse bullshit have turned that from a nightmare proposition into an optimistic pipe dream, but here we are.

>Akiva Goldsman
>Alex Kurtzman
>saved
kek

Go ask a normie or a boomer about what they saw or remember about January 6th. You'd be genuinely surprised at how detached and exaggerated they 'remember' it being.

I find the best rule is to look for common themes and harping on the same two or three points.

Actual organic content and genuine praise is hard to produce and does not scale. Marketing also sticks to a few concepts it thinks will work best. They're probably trying to get fans to come back, hence the incessant "best first episode" stuff.

Attached: If only.jpg (710x1077, 138.31K)

>100 ratings on RT

Nobody is watching this crap.

Picard2 literally drove him to the brink of insanity, even the cousins looked slightly concerned.
Even the dog ran away.

It's like a starving man seeing a shitty cheeseburger.

>That's insulting to kate mulgrew
I don't care, she killed Tuvix.

Attached: 1632848997726.jpg (1600x1600, 365.08K)

what is the context?

she saved Tuvok and Neelix though.
The needs of the many etc. etc.

pretty blatant shill thread

They didn’t have an exclusive shit for brains. They watched 5 episodes like every other reviewer, but were the only one to mention it. Not fake anymore is it dickwad.

>Citation needed.
engadget.com/star-trek-strange-new-worlds-episode-one-series-premiere-130045243.html

Attached: 1648508881012.png (760x708, 210.88K)

That's pretty much every TV show on RT, it's not a good place to find a general consensus on a show. Try IMDB or MC for that.

twitter.com/win98tech/status/1522673300522082307

Has new guy describing humanity's collapse and its Jan 6/audit vote/maga red hats everywhere clips leading into nuclear war. This should be illegal. NPCs assimilate this shit as factual.

Attached: starshit.jpg (597x829, 74.95K)

The needs of the many would've been better served with no more Neelix. The best of Tuvok was still preserved and frankly even if it wasn't, it's a sacrifice I'd be willing to make just to delete Neelix.

You can't bring the dead back to life by parading around in its skin

>nothing about an Akiva interview
Self-owned.

Attached: sjw.gif (400x400, 3.21M)

>The writer and producer went went to great lengths to preach about how bad Jan 6th was
And yet there's absolutely zero evidence to back your claim. Huh.

People don't seem to grok that influence and manipulation works best on a subtle level. Yeah, these fuckers make blatant statements too, obviously. But the Jan 6 footage helps accomplish this in a semi-subtle way. You might think some 'both sides' is going on by also showing some footage from the portland riots but do you notice they linger on the J6 stuff way longer and it's way more clear as to what it is? The portland stuff is nondistinct riot footage, basically, and it doesn't register as antifa or whatever. It all blends into J6 content and can even make you think shit actually caught fire in DC during it.

But people are stuck thinking "Oh well they included the other side too" and believe its being fair.

You get no slack after the picard shit. dumpstered

So sad they have to stoop that low. Is it really that hard to make a good Star Trek?

Attached: 262FBCE9-B3DE-4D31-8562-B4E6837A880E.jpg (1252x1252, 101.47K)

WHy does Kirk look so old?

NO. It's a bait and switch. They'll make the first few episodes or maybe entire season good, then make the rest woke as fuck because they think you will keep watching it due to the "sunk cost fallacy".

How do I know? Because the entire cast of directors/writers/etc is Jewish.