Was/is there any way to save this franchise?

I absolutely loved HP books as a child, watched movies 1-4 and also saw 1st FB movie out of sentiment. It wasn't bad but I wanted more comfy adventures of Newt just fucking around and saving/finding/releasing/whatever titular creatures. The whole Grindelwald plot could have been ok on condition that it was expanded in separate movies/spin offs.
And that would be my general idea: instead of sequels, give us series of solo films exploring different ages and countries in HP universe. It is pretty weird to me that in the age of milking every franchise dry, we still didn't get any series, i.e. regarding Hogwarts' founders.

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x266, 29.95K)

>but I wanted more comfy adventures of Newt just fucking around and saving/finding/releasing/whatever titular creatures
literally what everyone wanted user
they robbed us

We need Mads and Jude to have a 15 minutes long sex scene in the next movie and the whole series will be saved.

Yeah, they certainly didn't explore that wand lore well enough.

I support this fully.

Attached: he.jpg (1308x1506, 132.18K)

I know it's crazy
The real problem is that they abandoned the fantastic beasts element after the first movie except for some very limited moments, but the series is still called that and still has Newt, for some reason
Which is bad, because the first one was a success so they should have just kept going with Newt and made the Grindelwald plot in another series
Make movies with the founders, make movies with the ancient roman wizards, make them about Voldemort, about Harry's parents
But don't put different plotlines together in a new series, the main character should be protagonist, it's such a basic concept that it's crazy that they didn't make it like this

I cannot believe Dumbledore decided to stick his dick in crazy and dumped his bf after he aged like fine wine. I just don't get it.

Attached: FRi85fzWQAAeJWX.jpg (680x680, 60.28K)

>about Voldemort, about Harry's parents
Please no, we got enough of it already.
I would actually want a movie set in near future, showing how wizards react to know technology, they have to hide better because everyone has a camera, they contemplate either going into complete hiding or exposing themselves to muggles etc.

Also fun
The possibilities are endless

I want this now that we have smartphones. Would moving photographs and paintings in books and newspaper be that impressive to zoomer mudbloods who have smartphones and use apps with gifs and short videos? I'd like to see small things like that as well, that would be fun.

He is not a clever man.

Attached: GrindeIdore bondage.jpg (1748x2480, 1.38M)

PHALLUS ELONGATUS

Yeah. Or maybe even set it in more distant future when technology is far superior to magic and it's muggles who discover wizard and treat them with contempt this time.

That could be interesting but I like the urban fantasy aspect of the series, I wouldn't want something that verges on scifi

>urban fantasy
I do like it too but I don't remember any sci-fi/fantasy mix, at least in bigger movies.

The next Harry Potter ip should just be a school drama/comedy TV series set at Hogwarts.

No, I mean if there will ever be a potential spinoff in the future I wouldn't want it to be too far into the future because it could potentially not be urban fantasy anymore.

Sounds fun. Maybe we could finally see Hogwarts a whole year without anyone getting murdered or severely injured, for once.

>school drama/comedy
I think it would work the best in HP game, mixed with RPG elements. I don't really play vidya anymore but I think that's what they going for in this new Hogwarts game.

They could have just had this twink do the exact same thing with the Pokémon escaping from his trunk in different cities and I would have watched all of them.

Unironically hope AIbus is the protag for the next two films and magic autist is delegated to a supporting role, we've had enough.

Newt is a qt3.14 though, if he ever become a side character he better have plenty of screentime.

well maybe it should have focused on, you know, the FANTASTIC BEASTS instead of sucking off harry Potter?

I believe that Grindelwald was one of the big wizards in the past. JK Rowling is the writer of the series, so it's a canon work.

So my take is: She really wanted to expand HP universe. If that's what she's doing they won't really milk the franchise, just explore the world. I don't think that they'll ever do what you are proposing because JK Rowling wouldn't write/approve it.

The latest movie works around the qilin, and honestly it reminded me so much of when I was reading the 12 Kingdoms in middle and high school I just loved it.

Yes, she can veto whatever she wants if it doesn't fit her vision. She really treats the franchise like it's her baby.

Yes, she could go George Lucas, it could even beat SW. If she wanted to do that she would have done already.

Every entry of this universe will be well written and will make sense, because she's the one leading the projects.

GL created the concept of Clone Wars but I don't think he really worked on it as he worked on the original movies. The think that she's doing is in another level. Maybe she'll even write the scripts as books.

I've never watched that theatrical work about the future of HP, but I'm pretty sure she also written that. Which also makes a canon work. I hope she finds someone to write these scripts as books, something like Toriyama is doing with Toiyotaro for Dragon Ball Super.

Huh, am I of the minority then? I also loved the books and movies growing up. But out of everything in the FB films it's the parts that aren't Newt focused which are the most enjoyable to me. I don't even dislike his character, I just prefer seeing the past events for characters that people grew to know in the originals/books such as Dumbledore and McGonagall, or even those mentioned who were important like Grindewald.

>school drama/comedy TV series set at Hogwarts.
not at Hogwarts. Somewhere else, maybe Latin america, or Africa. Or maybe each season could happen in a different school. We've already had enough of Hogwarts. HP is a very visually oriented series, so it needs a very different set in each entry.

All they needed to do was going "Jurassic Park" with it. But no...

Something with Cobra Kai feeling would be great.

>Something with Cobra Kai feeling would be great.
It was an answer to I made a wrong edit.

You'll need a microscope to see the franchise name if they ever make a fourth

Attached: fantastic franchises and how to cuck them.jpg (1880x2830, 559.98K)

>We've already had enough of Hogwarts
This.
>Huh, am I of the minority then?
I guess so. It's more of the general thing but I'm really sick of constant nostalgia baiting and returning to familiar places/characters. At least Newt exploring USA might have been something different.

/Thread
Pack it up girls

Fantastic Beasts and the Joys of Anus?

It's a series of 5 entries. There'll be two more movies.

I heard about it too but doesn't newest movie perform bad financially? They may pull the plug.

>Joys of Anal
fify

God, I hope not. This gay kino has really captured my attention and I need more.

Hoping for that hot hot Dumby/Grindy wandfucking?

It's made about $335 million so far and it had a budget of $200 million

Attached: file.png (975x555, 113.69K)

That's pretty bad.

>remember that character you loved back then? he is a raging faggot LMAO here is a scene of him taking it up the asshole
love to see it

No.

It won't, if it does, it's all written by JK Rowling. She'll release the script or she'll novelized it.

it was hands down one of the worst movies i have ever seen

Yes.

Attached: NyandelwaId stray.jpg (1440x1754, 290.71K)

I really want to know what spells do they use during sex. And whether do they penetrate each other with wands?

>Was/is there any way to save this franchise?
Yes by not making anything after Deathly Hallows Part 2

yep
On April 12th, WB said they were going to greenlight the next one based on how this one did critically/financially
wonder when they're gonna say something about it

Attached: file.png (665x167, 25.87K)

Or making a faithful TV adaptation of the 7 books
There's so much stuff in them that they left out in the movies
But you know that's never going to happen

>But you know that's never going to happen
Why is that exactly?

>>remember that character you loved back then? he is a raging faggot LMAO here is a scene of him taking it up the asshole
>forgetting that the very first time Dumbledore is mentioned he's wearing FABULOUS high heel boots to put baby Harry in front of a doorstep
Based retard.

Look at the Halo show

No. Call it Depp's revenge.

Never played games so I didn't care about it.

any retelling of the 7 books made in the future will have a black hermione along with more garbage politically charged changes
probably playing up the house elf thing and turning it into BLM shit

Only females and faggots like this franchise it was lost from the beginning

So, only people with good taste? Ok, got it.

How about moving forward and building on what people liked instead of more shitty prequels?
Hogwarts: TNG

People conveniently ignore Dumbledore being ridiculously flamboyant in the books

This. Prequels would be ok but set them much earlier and in different country.

They're the type of people who will see an obviously gay guy talking about how much they love Balenciaga, Céline Dion and Britney Spears in the most stereotypically high gay voice possible and who will be shocked to see the same gay is married to a man kek.

Rowling was describing the old fashioned buckled boots that men used to wear in the 17th and 18th centuries

Attached: mens-colonial-pilgrim-shoes.jpg (1750x2500, 284.32K)

they're both ugly as sin

>Was/is there any way to save this franchise?
Make it go full fujobait. Unironically. At least casting Hannibal Lecter as the bad guy somehow saved them.

Attached: FQ324HIUcAMU4oY.jpg (1080x1080, 478.74K)

Eccentric, yes.
Flamboyant, no.

Those aren't boots

Cope.

Shit taste alert!

Attached: to-you.gif (376x376, 794.33K)

I guess that all that controversy + covid really did something to the numbers.

>But don't put different plotlines together in a new series
They did exactly that because the fantastic beasts shtick was not selling.

Attached: FQ2wPsjXEAAUrcH.jpg (4096x2731, 1.23M)

Fine, he was wearing cowboy riding boots

Attached: apr12_eww.jpg (600x400, 58.7K)