How did they get away with it?

How did they get away with it?

Attached: sopranosopening.jpg (2267x1271, 169.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/shorts/PqYSQF0XSwQ?feature=share
youtu.be/O0ikW7pVa_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

always jarring to see the 9/11 towers in old movies

WOKE UP THIS MORNING
GOT MYSELF A PLANE

9/11 caused a timeline shift to the worst timeline. It’s why everything is so shit and soulless now. There was a little bit of soul remaining until 2006 but once the iPhone was released in ‘07 any semblance of remaining soul was instantly crushed. I unironically feel bad for the zoomer crowd born 1996 or later because they cannot even begin to comprehend how much better the world used to be.

new york sucks who cares about their big buildings that were too weak to resist a couple of measly airplanes?

…it was a different time

Post 9/11
>show’s lighting becomes darker
>everyone starts wearing black leather jackets all the time
>s4 starts with business being bad and Tony’s marriage beginning to fracture

>every movie became dark and edgey
>lots of revenge and military movies

I have a theory that after the unlikely success of season 3 (post Marchand death and scrambling rewrite) HBO ordered several more seasons all at once from Chase, and he came up with the idea of having the rest of the show be the downfall of Tony and the DiMeo family, setting up that dark and foreboding tone in S4E1. Then my theory continues that they begged him to split season 6 into two seasons at the very end because the show was doing so well. Totally unverified theory but it makes sense in my autist mind

There was lots of "ends justify the means" type stuff
>corrupt cops and agents portrayed as badass good guys for breaking the rules because it’s for a righteous cause

good question

Attached: wtc7-building.gif (498x331, 3.03M)

>trust me bro I have a structural engineering degree and I know for a fact that buildings are supposed to fall over like dominoes when they’re damaged

trust the experts™

Unironically more reliable than literal-who tinfoil Americans.

why didn't they just rebuild them

dunecoons would fly more planes into them

Sounds plausible. The tone of the show shifts signifcantly the second the first post 9/11 recorded episode aired. Maybe they changed the show from a deconstruction of the mobster movie genre to a straight up "bad guys lose" premise.

They literally built a new building and memorial there

Yeah bro, uh, the other buildings getting hit by planes must have like, shook WTC7 super hard and it just collapsed like that. Makes perfect sense bro bro. I mean buildings collapse in on themselves all the time from minor structural damage amirite

At the risk of sounding like a complete faggot, Spider-Man was the ultimate 2002 band-aid.

New York was still reeling from the absolute ass fucking it took a few months prior, America as whole was feeling like a wimpy little cuck.

Then this 28-year-old teenager chirps out some awkward as fuck one-liners while some dogshit CGI dazzles us. Then those morons from Nickelback and Saliva start howling at us over how great everyone is, and we BUY IT. WHOLESALE. AN THEH SEHH THAT UH HERRO'LL SEHV US, AHM NAWT GUNNNNNSTANNNNNHEEEEEEERRREEEEEENNNNNWEYYYYYYYYY

Do you think Sopranos would be just as memorable if 9/11 didn't happen?

Interesting desu. Would love to talk to Chase about the extra seasons.

The new building isn't nearly as iconic.

>Arab actor gets a role in the 2000s
>he’s play a terrorist or someone accused of being a reformist

*Terrorist

why do you think the original is actually iconic? in order to make the new one as iconic you’d have to commit at least two 9/11s on it, to account for the law of diminishing returns

I just see two holes in the ground

>the 9/11 towers
kek

>high resolution is...LE BAD
what's up with you fags talking about soul...kill yourselves

>the 9/11 towers

Attached: 1641711376994.png (709x708, 506.08K)

>9/11 towers
zooom

Pull it.

Attached: 66g1kmqx7ak21.png (1330x756, 1.11M)

The show has a history of people turning into buildings, so it's not too strange to see them labeling Lorraine Bracco as a building too.

??

they were the tallest buildings for a long time and 70s King Kong

Attached: 70skingkong.jpg (600x472, 83.95K)

>high resolution
?

>9/11 towers

Attached: 1483014042177.jpg (640x480, 43.71K)

idiot. You inly says things like this because you began to age and because of that you now perceive everything as shit (south park has a great episode on this) quit pushing your nostalgic bullshit onto other generations like your time was any better

what are you, some kind of boomer?

Why is the Empire State Building still standing?

Attached: index.jpg (640x608, 67.54K)

It's far better built, and was hit by a plane half the size that was going far slower.

dude. You're just depressed, get over it.

Boomers are right on everything.

Jews didn’t blow it up for lucky Larry

ctrl+f 'jet f'
0 results

i feel deep and hurtful shame bros

the times before smartphones and mainstream internet were objectively better

Things went soulless and shit long before 9/11.

impotent zoomer faggot

Pretty sure you don't know when it happened.

larry silverstein towers

How did they get away with this?
youtube.com/shorts/PqYSQF0XSwQ?feature=share

>The University of Alaska Fairbanks Institute of Northern Engineering, the engineering firms 'Ove Arup & Partners' and 'Guy Nordenson and Associates' have released detailed studies refuting the meagre """evidence""" that NIST used to justify their conclusions of WTC 7's collapse
vs
>some retarded faggot shill on Yea Forums who thinks the truth is decided by social media fact checkers

Attached: pepe unimpressed.jpg (250x241, 6.87K)

phil leotardo was a house for an episode

youtu.be/O0ikW7pVa_I

>stop noticing things

>9/11 towers

Attached: 1419216770498.gif (720x405, 1.47M)

Attached: giga dirlewanger.png (461x368, 97.97K)

>9/11 towers
jesus christ

>most expensive real estate in the country
>hurr let's put a hole in the ground there that's useless for fucking nothing

2 planes, 3 collapsed towes

Agreed. Hopefully 7/11 doesn't lose anymore towers. Wonder how they lost the first two?

retard