Star Trek is saved

Star Trek is saved.

Attached: a-commanding-pose.jpg (729x668, 92.15K)

but for how long pike, an episode perhaps, maybe two?

>Rated TV-MA

Nah.

I can't believe we finally have the Captain Pike show we always wanted.

>the writing is still extremely poor
It felt every bit as obnoxious as Discovery, are you high?

yep, they usually don't go full pozz until the second or third episode.

A decade.

is that mark kermode

Is there a single white guy on the crew that isn't pike? Spock doesn't count.

Did they just pick scriptwriters off the street or something? what the fuck

>"If it lives only for a while, it still has lived."

Attached: e02f98ad-55f7-4101-a498-013740876cd9.jpg (635x277, 21.57K)

>didn't watch the show
Pike's monologues were perfect.

>Scripts only have monologues, bro
Ok!

>Is there a single white guy on the crew that isn't pike?
Are you blind? Number one, Ortega, nurse Chapel + Hemmer (white guy playing an Aenar) and Sam Kirk

>moving goalposts
Ok!

That new girl Noonien-Singh shits up the show. Gotta hope Ortegas doesnt go full retard as well. She seems like she's going to be the SJW of the show

The “warp bomb” made me LOL like wtf, just say it slowly with me, anti-matter. Holy shit. Telescopes saw warp technology? Fuck me. Terrible writing with Pike flashbacks and whatever that girls problem was who he invited on the ship at the end. This is like Store Brand Star Trek.

>No 1, ortegas, nurse chapel are guys now
>ortegas is now white
Sure why not

Everything you love will eventually be ruined.

Attached: untitled.png (1123x630, 717.96K)

Shrug. Your words not mine.

Misread that. The only non-white male character on the main cast is the doctor. If anything, the main cast is mostlyfemale

Into the trash it fucking goes

Why do Americans think that speaking Spanish changes a person’s DNA?

it's only 1 episode, I'm willing to watch until it gets pozzed.

I'm just waiting for the stronk lesbian arc with her

>Ep. 2 - “Children of the Comet”, May 12 - “An ancient alien relic thwarts the Enterprise crew from rerouting a comet on track to strike an inhabited planet.”
>Ep. 3 - “Ghosts of Illyria”, May 19 - “Una must confront a secret she's been hiding when a contagion ravages the ship, incapacitating the rest of the crew.”
>Ep. 4 - “Memento Mori”, May 26 - “Pike must find unconventional Starfleet methods to deal with a malevolent force that attacks the Enterprise.”
>Ep. 5 - “Spock Amok”, June 2 - “A personal visit causes a comedy of errors during Spock & Pike's crucial negotiations with an unusual alien species.”

>Why do Americans think that speaking Spanish changes a person’s DNA?
Why are they so obsessed with race in the first place

> Memento Mori

Every sci-fi show has an episode with this title, never fails

>put a white man in your women crying social justice hour
>retards on Yea Forums think the show is saved
It's just that easy.

you fell for b8, jose. you will never be white

they're in the federal sanctioned victim group. if they were truly white then no diversity hiring, no heritage month, no special placement in university and stuff like that.

The girlboss lead was so fucking cringe and I got unreasonably upset when Spock screamed in pain when in the OG he'd experienced much higher tolerances of pain without expressing anything.

It was alright though. I'll keep watching for now.

It wasn't nearly as bad as STD and SPIC. The insertion of January 6 made me cringe so I'm very wary, but so far so good

doesn't sound too bad
as to why race matters in America because it means a lot. the victim hierarchy is real.

The implication was that they had scanners and sensors that could probe a bit beyond their solar system. But that all falls apart when Pike basically says they're on a tech level circa 2024 ish. Because trek really has a boner for the Bell Riots.

The WWIII precursor imagery was of the jan 6th protests. Because apparently in trekverse, some granny in the capitol building and some people lighting fires in trashcans was a major tipping point of WWIII. Gotta get that ORANJ MAN BAD reference in there, am I right?

>Show starts
>Vulcans making out instead of touching hads
>Woman proposes to man
>Spock and his bitch of a soon to be ex wife about to bone in a glass dome for everyone to watch
>Ashly burch on the bridge complete with undercut mohawk, even Uhura has a shaved head
>Everyone is wahmen or black, only kirk's lil brudder is white but we won't see him much so it's okay.
>"We shouldn't interfere but lets show them current year american protest footage"
>Scene of them all beating up everyone in the lobby for some reason even though they're in teleporter range and we just saw them teleport gene therapy into spock so why can't they teleport sedatives into the guards?

Kurtzman Trek: Never fucking ever.

Wow how garbage

>Ep. 2 - “Children of the Comet”, May 12 - “An ancient alien relic thwarts the Enterprise crew from rerouting a comet on track to strike an inhabited planet.”
Sounds like Paradise Syndrome but this time the relic makes the comet fall on the planet.

The pilot episode has 22 producers.

What do they all do?

Attached: strange new worlds producers.jpg (1280x533, 283.42K)

other trek shows for comparison:
>TNG: 3
>DS9: 3 (or 4 if you count VFX)
>STD: 18
>SPIC: 19

Attached: producers.jpg (3100x1440, 1.32M)

>What do they all do?
Siphoning money out of a show's/movie's budget is easier than ever

hold Alex Kurtzman while he uglycried over how ruining Star Trek is what he's going to be remembered for.

Cool it with the antisemitic remarks

Congrats, you made me think twice about this episode and now I hate it.S

It's still the same creative/executive producer team with Kurtzman, Goldsman, Beyer and Zimmerman and all those other jerks. I'm not gonna bother watching it. Even if the first episode shows promise I know it'll turn into worse than dogshit by episode 2.

All you shills ITT, kill yourselves until you are dead.

oh... I need more shekels for my kids' bar mitzvah and bat mitzvah... OY VEY!!! SHUT DOWN!

why were there only 3 people (a captain and two scientists) on a big federation starship?

what happens when number one has to sleep?

>>"We shouldn't interfere but lets show them current year american protest footage"
What the fuck is that real? Jesus Christ, the entire Trump thing really broke the US.

Stop moving goalposts. The writing is good, especially for Pike.

It's from the same people behind Spock being alone in a science vessel filled with a exotic matter so powerful a single drop can destroy a star

Attached: Star.Trek.Strange.New.Worlds.S01E01.720p.WEB.h264-KOGi-00h43m51s250t.jpg (1280x533, 167.09K)

It broke the liberals. And trek is/has always been a left leaning show. It's just that they weren't retardedly in your face about it like they are now.

No, it's Blackagar Boltagon

>current year american protest footage
and they only showed Trump supporters while saying it led to a civil war and then WW3

>Trump supporters
clearly shows 'MRNA POISON/FUCK YOUR MASKS' signs. It's pretty much 2021-2022.

>You remember when elephants fight, it's the grass that suffers. The Kikuyu people of Kenya, Africa, on Earth, they teach us that lesson every day.
Pike says this to an ALIEN as if she would have any idea what elephants are or what Kikuyu, and he doesn't explain either, so she never learns what he even meant by it.

they showed jan 6 footage too

Attached: file.png (1571x742, 1.12M)

Imagine getting to appear on an episode of star trek and it's like this.

What do you think the "Biden (something) president" sign and the sign that says "Audit the vote" means?

>eugenics war
God I wish.

I'm in this picture lol

What's the difference between a producer, a supervising producer, a co-producer, an executive producer and a co-executive producer?

This one line at end is a bit worrisome, it sounds like something that Tilly from STD would say, and not something that a trained Star Fleet officer would say.
I guess they needed something to end, but was this the best they could come up with?

Attached: cap_Star.Trek.Strange.New.Worlds.S01E01.WEB.x264-TORRENTGALAXY_00:51:01_01.jpg (720x300, 46.56K)

>not something that a trained Star Fleet officer would say
To be fair, they said she's a cadet, so she's neither fully trained nor an officer.
Anyway, to me it really seemed like a placeholder where they meant to go back and write a better line but they forgot.

Attached: Strange new pu.jpg (780x438, 53.99K)

No lol

Look at her badge. Those types of badges are for cadets and those non commissioned officers or whatever they're called.

I don't know why would you be worried if you've stuck around for this long. It's the same dialogue they write for all these shows and the same characters too. These writers really don't know how to write dialogue fitting for a military.

They could've gotten away with something like that, like if Spock beams down to 90s America and picks up weird words and brings it back to Enterprise and he says it in a "fish outta barrel" kinda way and then Doc McCoy and Captain Kirk looks at him and the goofy music plays because the stoic no-fun-allowed guy is doing something funny but he doesn't know it.

Here though, it's really just a "cool" black woman saying "cool" because that's "cool" and "she's with it" I guess.

Attached: Andrade.jpg (1200x1200, 99.32K)

O'Brien never went to the academy and would never say that.

Attached: chief bald brian.jpg (1063x800, 34.35K)