Percy Jackson on Disney+

It's over before it even fucking began

Attached: Roidan has gone fucking senile.png (719x707, 587.71K)

>Poojeet
ahahaha imagine the smell

Attached: 1649298968218.gif (173x267, 2.51M)

>Go from young Daddario to that.
If the lead wasn't a little fag I bet he would be disappointed.

>Implying anyone is going to watch it anyway

Literally what was Riordan thinking? Anyone that’s read the book knows how absurd this is, and anyone that’s going to read the books after watching this series (or which there won’t be a lot because it’s a guaranteed flop) will see how absurd this is. This is fucking absurdist /pol/ greentext shit wtf.

but will it be worse than their Artemis Fowl adaptation? Is that even possible?

I was looking forward to it for the past year since I found out they were making the show. Not gonna bother even watching the trailers now, it’ll only hurt my memory of the books.

"This is EXACTLY how I saw her when I wrote the book!!"
Sure, Rick. Sure. Don't care about Grover, I actually liked the black version from the movie.

Race switching aside, Percy is described as having jet black hair and having a Southern European look, how did they fuck up this casting so badly?

Who would be the perfect book accurate annabeth? Because this bitch won’t fucking do.

Call it copium but all I care about is kid actors that aren’t dogshit actors. I will accept a brown Annabeth. All I ask is is for pure unadulterated tumblrkino

Attached: B6AF203B-1581-48EA-8DCD-6C0EAB51AC9D.jpg (1100x1242, 269.06K)

>"This is EXACTLY how I saw her when I wrote the book!!"
I've never read them but someone in a previous thread said that a big thing about her is an issue about being blonde and smart?

Yeah. Grover was always kind of an annoying whiny character so bringing some change to him was actually a good idea. Why would you fuck with Anna with though, she’s literally peak ya waifu.

Why the fuck is Percy not dark-haired with green eyes? His resemblance to Poseidon has always been a focal point of the book series.
Annabeth should've been a Wasian qt, no comment on Grover

Because they really wanna push the “black beauty” narrative that is currently swarming Hollywood. It’s as cringe as it sounds.

*Annabeth

It's been a long while since I've read them, but it was something like overcoming the dumb blonde trope. Twitter is already saying that it works just as well for blacks.

>twitter says
Hollywood went to shit once they started using as market testing.

So they admit black people are stupid?

Attached: 1651540122677.png (860x1009, 248.36K)

unintentional racism is my favorite type of racism.

I wouldn’t be as annoyed if it was an Asian. I’m tired of Hollywood pushing nigresses.

Riordan has always been for social justice ever since Nico (major book character) as gay. I think there was a trans character at some point too, but I stopped reading after the first book series ended. Aphrodite also had a black son at the camp.
Source: Am Zoomer

His skin was never played up until HOO when Riordan had started going woke. He had black hair sure but tons of anglos have black hair and darker skin tones. As well he had fifteen eyes which are extremely rare outside of Northern Europe particularly Britain. Jackson as well is an anglo as fuck surname.

I’ll also add add it wasn’t olive because only Nico has ever been described in the books as olive skin toned, and he’s literally Italian. I know because literally reread the books over a dozen times throughout middle school so I memorized most of the ways Riordan described his characters. So at the very least he’s lighter then Nico. If I wanted to be generous you could make him North Italian or French but he’s definitely not full med in looks.

*green eyes

Pretty much. They love the whole "Africa would look like it does in Black Panther if it were for white pipo" thing
Oh, trust me I know. Although the goddess of lust having a mixed kid is more reasonable than "blondie was black when I wrote her"

Isn't there an art book or something of the main cast commissioned by Riordan himself? You know, showing her as the white blonde girl she has always been? Why is he so keen on changing it up now?

BLEACHED

> Riordan has always been for social justice ever since Nico (major book character) as gay
Not always in The Lightning Thief when Chiron was describing how the western civilization moved it sounded kinda Like JBP.

When I reread the books recently it doesn’t seem like the sjw shit enters at all until the middle of HOO, probably because he realized he had a mainly Tumblr audience for him to appeal too.

Nico wasn't gay until late 2013. This was 6 years after Dumbledore outing and Nico has honestly never been an MC (we didn't get his POV until like book 10). Hell he was downgraded in HoO.

Yawn. Wake me up when Riordan’s best series gets it’s adaptation.

Attached: 5A34E443-698F-4237-A42E-080C5CAF9805.jpg (1060x1600, 251.76K)

Imagine if they made a Kane Chronicles spin-off and kept Saide Kane, a supposed half "black" girl as white, unlike what they did to Annabeth.

Attached: Sadie_Kane.jpg (1070x1600, 221.84K)

Odd way of spelling 39 clues nigga

Attached: 39 clues.jpg (1574x2342, 1.26M)

I believe he is adapting that for Netflix.
LMAO true

>Saide Kane
You know, that would be way more believable if she was quarter black (since looking white is a possibility) but half-black? C'mon Riordan.

Did they actually write 39 of these?

For adaptions of Cirque du Freak, they made debbie the black love interest of MC, into a white/asian girl. I guess it depends on how popular/niche the book series was in hollywood.

11 books in total

Twitter is a nuclear waste zone right now.
I got called a racist and a coward 2 times because I mentioned The Annabeth from the Comics is my favorite.

The series is still ongoing, so that's probably the goal. But like other long book series, it's probably shit at this point. If you ever read, just stick to the first series.
Man, this thread is giving me book fair nostalgia. Those times at school were always kino as fuck.

YAAAAAASSSSS

DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH! /POL/CELS ON SUICIDE WATCH. THE FUTURE IS BROWN, BITCHES.

FOR EVERY "ACK" THREAD, HOLLYWOOD WILL BLACKWASH ANOTHER CHARACTER YOU LOVE.
#BLMACABTRANSWOMENAREWOMEN

what are you harpies screeching genocide about now

The thing is that black pandering DOES MAKE SENSE here.
Carter Kane is a literal black guy and Saddie is described as a mulatto.

Sadie would be awkward as fuck to cast through. People doubt her relation to her dad and brother because of her white appearance in the books.
What will they do in the live action? Cast a black girl? White girl? Visibly mixed girl? White girl with black ancestry?

I lost interest when I heard Disney was involved
How did they get the rights? Haven't read these books since middle school

> How did they get the rights?
For a while. The OG series was published under Disney Hyperion.

>I wish for a Riordan Cinematic Universe

Attached: images - 2022-05-05T233237.649.jpg (284x213, 9.42K)

>Disney+
What were you expecting?

I will accept a brown annabeth, what I won't accept is a Zendaya tier harpy.

Sodomy not race erasure

I didn't. The Norse Trilogy is the most cucked shit ever with a tranny love interest and a Muslim Norse worshiper.

>According to the Magnus Chase series, Annabeth has Swedish ancestry on her father's side.
Finally! We get an accurate Percy Jackson adaptation!

Attached: how-immigration-is-fuelling-Sweden's-economic-boom.jpg (2500x1667, 656.76K)

Who are these characters even supposed to be? Hazel and... Leo?

That's probably because most of the audience dropped this shit from the original 5 books. Outside of Leo, the new 5 main characters are shit and the villains are dogshit boring or awful. Rick peaked with The Last Olympian.

From left to right: Annabeth, Percy, and Grover.

Daddario is hotter now. She looked like a try hard when she was younger.

>Daddario is hotter now.
No. You're unironically gay.

Women look more like boys when thye're younger. You're the gay one.

Does nobody remember Riordan chimping out because Annabeth wasn't a blonde? And now she's a nigger and he's totally okay with it? Our society is not real. We are 100% living in a simulation.

>Muslim Norse worshiper
>Rick writes a character that knows other gods exists
>the character is still somehow a muzzie
How does this work? Does (s)he get stoned for worshipping false idols?

She was 24 in the first film, and you think she's hotter now? you were dropped on your head as a child, 100%

Jesus is also a demigod here, essentially invalidating Islam since a core tenant of the faith is Jesus wasn't the son of God.

Nico was 100 percent straight in the beginning since he crushed on both Annabeth and Juniper. He turned into sjw for money.

I don't remember him being gay in the Olympians.... is that in the other book series?

Yes. House of Hades he reveals he was gay for Percy. Two books later he is dating some irrelevant character that barely had a name in the Last Olympian.