What’s with all the hate she’s been getting?

As someone who hasn’t watched the new Halo series, and probably never will, I’ve noticed that a lot of people’s hatred seems to be focused uniquely on her. I can get why people don’t like MC having to go 50-50 with someone who wasn’t even in the games, but is there anything that bad about her character really?

Attached: A8AF191F-7BDA-4EA4-AFA5-254F3CDB8943.jpg (800x401, 75.07K)

For one, that haircut

pretty much what it all boils down to is the inconsequential nature of her storyline
literally cut it and it pretty much changes nothing in the show
that's not to say about her role in its entirety though
apparently she's in some kind of a prophecy to open some kind of gate for the master chief which im guessing is probably located on the halo ring in episode 6
i dont know, i skimmed through the 7th episode so some details may probably be hazy as fuck

this shit is baaaaaaad

people tune in to Halo for master chief, not some angry girl and her shitty desert planet

that being said, i'd be ok with them having some pirate adventures with Soren-066

She pisses me off so much. She goes around yelling and insulting people. One of those people is a renegade Spartan turned pirate. He has no reason to follow her, but she forces him to be her bitch, because she yelled at him I guess? She then wastes screen time trying to get people that are living in peacetime to all throw in with her and start a rebellion, because her nobody father was killed. Not by the man she is blaming, by the covenant. In fact, her life was saved by the UNSC, a government her retarded father wasted his life fighting against. She’s non stop retarded, annoying to listen to, and ugly as fuck. I hate her.

She is a rebel fighter on her home world. Her story revolves around that. With no attachment to what's going on with the Spartans.

In the lore, her planet was one of the first to get glassed. So everyone knows at some point that is going to happen.

The question then becomes: why the fuck is she and the planet getting so much screen time, when they could have just glassed the planet in the first ep.

Instead of making a Halo series about Master Chief and marines fighting the covenant and the flood on a ring world as well as awesome space battles, we get this.

why are you faggots watching this show?
fuck you. why are you giving them views? you have no right to complain that it's bad. it's your fault. die.

Attached: 1651759818963.jpg (1080x1335, 174.66K)

Very ugly

filler content: the character, last episode was about the worst one yet

I just hate women in general you know

No idea what you're talking about. Everyone seems to just skip the bits she's in because they're completely crap and utterly pointless.

genuinely hope she wins the planet. thinks it's a huge victory against the UNSC and that they will continue to fight the UNSC and "free all the people"
Then she and the rest of her rebels look up and see this huge covenant ship and this huge massive wall of earth and debris coming from the covenant weapon and we get something like the end of Star Wars Rogue One.

I hope the camera pans to a shot of Kwan moments before death where the actress is good enough to make a face that says "holy shit my character was a retard all along and finally realizes it at the moment of death that she got her and her whole people killed"

Attached: needle gun.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

Reply spammers will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.

1. it makes no sense the Covvies haven't glassed it, which brings up if any planet at all has been glassed yet as no one has mentioned glassing at all (from memory) and if the Covvies aren't glassing planets why are they even a threat? Covvies were winning in the games because of Glassing.

2. We know all this plotline leads to is the planet getting glassed, it's a matter of when.

>frightening
HAHAHAHAHAHA imagine actually believing this shit.

It's not so much about her, though she is annoying, it's that she's the main character in a boring and pointless distraction from the main plot

>The bad guys
They think real life is a movie.

>something like the end of Star Wars Rogue One
Nigger, why bring something from the absolute trash that is Disney Star wars when they already have the Covenant fleet glassing the surfaces of planets in Halo lore? It's what happens to Reach.

As has been said almost every post itt and every other thread about gaylo, it's boring filler.

Attached: 1616252552876.png (496x550, 186.55K)

I literally just skipped through the entire episode, why would I watch this filler shit?

her storyline is shit and takes away from the rest of the show. and her hair is offensive. why couldn't she just have normal hair?
and she's annoying as fuck and a little asshole, that black spartan should've just thrown her in a cell and collected her bounty
something tells me she's written by a woman

>implying we don't support leftoid women making fools of themselves

She's obnoxious and whiny and never really gets called out for it.
>Backwater insurrectionist outpost gets attacked by the very ayys that the colonists all believed to be propaganda
>Horrible Hair is only saved from being propagandized by the arrival of a team of Spartans
>Her takeaway from all this is "UNSC bad"
>Threatens to lie and say that the Spartans were responsible for the massacre when approached about getting the word out that the ayys are real
>Miranda Keyes actually reacts as if Horrible Hair has any sort of leverage

hmmm i don't care about halo but let me think for a second
>halo
>well established franchise where the protagonist is a giant man in a giant suit of armor who shoots good
>come to watch said giant man and instead you get a whole heap of small ugly woman
have i dumbed it down enough for you? does the "hate" make sense now?

Attached: 1418531759350.jpg (400x364, 37.43K)

nigger i don't play those faggy ass games

That'll probably will never happen. They've been going out of their way to paint the UNSC as the evil fascist oppressors and the Insurrectionists as sympathetic and diverse underdogs, so the writers most likely won't allow the Innies to "win" only to turn around and show that the UNSC was right to try to persuade them to work together against a common enemy.

Because the show is trying to make her the main character as opposed to, y'know, John Halo. Let's make the story mostly about an annoying, whiny child instead of the Master Goddamn Chief.

>literally cut it and it pretty much changes nothing in the show

In the latest episode, she had a stoned vision of her ancestor conversing with a Monitor.
She has genetic history of Forerunners just as much as John and Mackee.

She looks like Shang Tsung

the UNSC was always fascist
plus, the UNSC is full of nigs, spics, and indians, so they're "diverse" too.

I hate this 'chosen one' shit. it's so tired and awful

lol this is the halo show? some random non-white cunt who is equal to master queef? I bet halo fans are loving this shit

Attached: 5A100A91-D12B-4A9E-B147-9A3E98F98A3D.jpg (328x500, 32.6K)

just look at her

don't make fun of us its all we have

Attached: apu 911.gif (468x408, 399.65K)

It's literally from the games.

Making it so only specific humans are reclaimers was a fucking mistake. Also raises the question of why this timeline's Covenant want to wipe out humanity, since humanity doesn't pose the massive existential threat to their religion/the Prophet's power that they did in the original continuity.

which games?

The main storyline is humans vs aliens in a race to find Halo and prevent all life in the galaxy from being destroyed

The B storyline is a space pirate and an angry girl getting involved in a civil war on a planet with 500 people. They made an entire fucking episode about the B story when they only had 9 episodes this season. Cannot fathom how retarded the writers are

>They've been going out of their way to paint the UNSC as the evil fascist oppressors and the Insurrectionists as sympathetic and diverse underdogs, so the writers most likely won't allow the Innies to "win" only to turn around and show that the UNSC was right to try to persuade them to work together against a common enemy.
which is exactly why it would be so satisfying to us - the viewer- to see her and all the shit she built up to be glassed. Of course they won't do it. but they should and if they did it would instantly get fans on board with season 2.

that's why i acknowledged the fact that she's going to play a pivotal role in the future
the rest of the desert planet arc is just bullshit fluff

>new episode flashback
>give Kwan normal hair
>suddenly she is cute
so it's not like they don't know

Yeah, the UNSC did some pretty morally bankrupt shit in the original timeline, but then it at least it felt like it was somewhat justified, as opposed to just being a bunch of obviously corrupt cartoon villains doing it for the lols.

The Halo games.
343 calls it "The Reclaimer trilogy".

>Yeah, the UNSC did some pretty morally bankrupt shit in the original timeline, but then it at least it felt like it was somewhat justified, as opposed to just being a bunch of obviously corrupt cartoon villains doing it for the lols.

The entire Spartan programme was some pretty horrendous shit, even when it was Spartan-I and they were volunteers.
Halsey already had her Spartan-IIs before the Convenant first appeared, they were created to stomp insurrectionists on border worlds.

Pic related

Attached: Screenshot_20220505-095253_Brave.jpg (1077x1915, 249.83K)

i can't remember, why did the insurrectionists become a thing again?
did they just not want to pay space taxes to Earth?

Because the covenant have been in the show for a total of like 5 minutes but make way for Ching Chong McLiteralwho. Same for that human bitch who’s in the covenant for some reason.

Her acting is bad. I gave up halfway through episode 2

Classic struggle for autonomy I guess.

>what do we got Johnson
>a series about human super soldiers fighting aliens
>interesting how’d they get super soldiers
>they had to do some fucked up shit but it basically creates the guy they need so it’s all good
>alright, make it about mixed race women

There's nothing in the Halo games about a few chosen ones. Humanity inherits the mantle, which is why they can use the tech. And people don't flashback to Forerunner times because that is dumb.

>There's nothing in the Halo games about a few chosen ones.

Yeah there is, his name is John.
He's like the main character.

She's a filthy insurrectionist savage, for one

Attached: 1626469395976.jpg (2056x1269, 918.06K)

>getting a shitty haircut to own Republicans
fucking lmao

John was made, not predestined by ancient aliens

It’s honestly just so ugly, what the fuck is wrong with modern women. Never been easier/more affordable to dress up, but I’ll get a shitty haircut instead and wear sweatpants to the store.

i guess it that haircut IS frightening. I'd be afraid of being reported to HR for racism or sexual harassment

>da white ppl be EVIL NAZIS LYING ABOUT ALIENS TO KILL US
>aliens show up and kill them all
>literally sees her father killed by alien monsters
>literally sees military saving her and fighting the aliens and dying to protect them
>gets saved and taken in and provided for by same military instead of left to die to aliens
>asked to tell other rebels that these aliens are literally real and a threat
>FUCK YOU YT PPL I HATE YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES YOU LIE

I WAS A FOOKING LEGEND IN REACH

Spartans are made, John is the Reclaimer.

I hate how burn gorman as become typecast as the villain of the week sadistic bad guy in series but I mean he's damn good at it.

Well, with a name like Burn Gorman, he was destined for it