Boomers got to experience this in theatres

>boomers got to experience this in theatres

What was it like?

Attached: Iron_Man_(2008_film)_poster.jpg (220x326, 71.13K)

Witnessing the birth of modern cinema first hand is an indescribable experience, it's just one of those things you had to be there for.
Zoomies who hate the MCU definitely don't understand how it felt to watch this movie opening weekend

Terrence got paid more than Robert
True story

Attached: file.png (580x305, 244.87K)

I didn't see it but I was the month's featured quote in Wizard magazine with this on the cover. So that was my experience with it.

IN A CAVE

like any other blockbuster somehow comparable to black hawk down with technology twist
the good things is they had balls to show ISIS terrorists etc

hate what disney did to the rest where instead following footpath of hero grounded in reality they went full space opera cringe shitshow

It was pretty good, but if only I knew what kind of shitshow it would spawn in its wake

It's a damn shame we didn't get him as Rhodey in the later marvel movies. He actually has charisma, chemistry with the cast, and screen presence compared Don Cheadle.
Cheadle looks so...old and he's so boring. He's really not fit to be one of the leading actors in an action blockbuster series.

It was a more innocent time.

Attached: 46sgig.gif (360x270, 3.06M)

blade
spawn
iron man
watchmen
logan

we didn't know how good we had it

Attached: main-qimg-0c392259156e64d3d7ad1272b0367bac.gif (400x240, 1.99M)

I remember thinking iron man was very cool to watch. Then iron man 2 came out and i thought that was cool too, except i dont remember it. Then iron man 3 came out and everything felt stretched to its limits.

>dude iron lol

i thought it was just gonna be any other capeshit and not spread like a cancer which spawned the MCU

Iron man? lmao

Boomers got to watch Alien, the God Father, Jaws, The Terminator……

it wasn't until Iron Man 2 to be fair

It was completely and entirely his fault for being a diva. This movie shot rdj back into A-list status and he knew his worth and wanted a massive raise for the sequel and Terrance wanted a bigger paycheque than him for abolutely zero reason other than ego. People were going to see Iron man 2 regardless of if Terrance was in the movie or Don Cheadle. Terrance greed ironically made him lose out on millions of dollars and fame spanning over a decade+. Absolute moron.

Nobody really cared. It was a sleeper hit.
Don’t let zoomers tell you anyone gave a shit about the MCU until The Avengers came out in 2012. Most people didn’t even know Thor Cap America and Iron man were in the same universe of movies because the concept didn’t exist

>everyone who's older than 15 right now is a boomer
OK zoomer

FOR 40 DAYS, ONLY A SPARK TO LIGHT MY WAY

I got bored so I convinced my ex wife to give me a handjob

Attached: 1651753487840.gif (245x245, 1.02M)

It sucked then and it sucks now. Cape shit is the death of soul in cinema

What was the quote?

It was actually legit awesome. Iron Man is right up there with Superman 1978, Spider-Man 2, The Dark Knight as the best capeshit ever. It’s one of my favorite movies.

Boomers? It was only 14 years ago. I was 12 at the time, thought it was pretty cool.

It was great

t.millenials

Nah it was shit. It's not a bad movie and the actors are good and Tony is interesting and all, but the trope that the super hero origin story is fighting a bigger evil version of himself was and still so fucking creatively bankrupt and uninteresting that it dragged the movie down

>I'M NOT OLD, I'M STILL YOUNG AND HIO AND WITH IT!!!

Just kissing Wizard's ass. It was about how I hadn't bought the magazine in almost decade and what a great reintroduction the issue had been.

>Iron Man
>birth of modern cinema

kill your fucking self

It was shit. Still is. Don't understand why marvelfags hold this movie in such regard. At the time it was a generic origin story, you could compare it with Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy and Spidey would win

i was dumbfounded that they didn't bother bringing in an actual super villain like mandarin. the iron man movies were greta at the time, but they don't have any staying power or rewatch value

one those experiences you will never forget

fun and very enjoyable movie, sick soundtrack

similar experience for me was Spiderman 2, Watchman, The Dark Knight, Captain America 2, Pacific Rim, Dune

Uplifting story about the change of mind of a billionaire genius, overcoming his struggles and learning what it means to be alive. It was awe-inspiring. Motivating. And fun to watch.

Compare it to Spider-Man 1 and Iron-Man wins easy

Really? I thought he was bland. Not that Cheadle is any better, but there are better choices.
He's also the guy saying 1*1=2 being super serious about math is wrong and shit.

The best film ever made. I laughed so hard when Rodney Howard junior just had to get those cheese burgers after he was held captive in a cave for months lmaooo

Spider-man had a strong villain, Defo was great as Green Goblin.
Iron Man villain is a boring power-hungry ceo-type dude

Can you disprove his math? Because no phd mathematicians have been able to so far. Most won't even try

>truth is... I am Iron Man
The mcu never surpassed this.

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 24.86K)

It was a lot of fun, it looked great, the score was great, Tony Stark was a roguishly likeable playboy instead of a quippy moralising egomaniac.
I don't know when I stopped enjoying the MCU. I think Age of Ultron was the first one I saw where I thought "that fucking sucked". Or maybe it was IM3.

In retrospect, there's something genuinely surreal about the MCU starting out with Tony Stark killing towelheads in Afghanistan.

Dafoe also plays a power-hungry CEO

It was a different time.

I was going to post this, if Disney made it today they'd be releasing an apology to twitter for insensitivity to victims of US colonial aggression or whatever

Its also just the fact it feels way more grounded. Like it doesn't belong to the same setting as the later MCU movies at all.

25 isn't old. I was never with it anyway.

What If...? exists and there was no outcry. In reality Muslims are like Russians, they are acceptable bad guys for cinema.

Does anyone else remember a scene where the Ten Rings torture Tony after he initially refuses to build them weapons?

good

Sure it does schizo

25 is not young in any way

Yeah I'm not saying "omg its soo realistic", obviously it fucking isn't, its just the difference between and then purple space guy is kind of jarring.

I was 25 at the time. Didnt watch it until I heard avengers would come out.

Cheadle looks like he's in pain every time
Has low test delivery
And he's a manlet but so is rdjr

My parents saw Alien in the theatre on opening weekend. Had no idea what they were in for. My mother is still mad about it.

It was made before Disney had bought marvel. At the time, it was considered a very expensive indie film.

the beginning of the end

tbf it wasn't that much of an event
dark knight was bigger thing

I was 12 and I remember this being the end for me when it came to liking super hero movies. I fucking hated it and didn’t understand why people enjoyed it so much. I still don’t. It’s lame

Did you enjoy The Dark Knight more?

‘99 zoomer and I saw this in theaters. I remember not knowing who nick fury was. Little did I know that was the end of cinema