Was being paid to work at a cushy 9-5 and having the ability to buy a home on a one person salary that bad?

Was being paid to work at a cushy 9-5 and having the ability to buy a home on a one person salary that bad?

Attached: E878305F-72CE-44DA-969E-BE95CFC0B573.jpg (1200x800, 144.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4s5yHUpumkY
youtube.com/watch?v=XK43Ureuiqc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, IS THAT.... FINANCIAL STABILITY IN AN EASY JOB
> NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, IM GOING INSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE

Fucking boomers had it so easy

Attached: 1645482334195.jpg (646x431, 20.73K)

Jobs where you have nothing to do and no motivation are not "cushy". It's basically like being in prison 8 hours a day.

Let's see you try to deal with this shit nearly every week for 8-9 hours.
youtube.com/watch?v=4s5yHUpumkY

Literally solved by a pair of Bose QC 35s

He clearly lived in an apartment complex

I mean, I get where people are coming from when they make these threads about gen x angst movies and how lame their struggles seem, but its kind of a false dichotomy, the shit we have today is a direct follow on from what was starting then and these type of movies reflect the cracks beginning to show in the popular conception of what its like living in American capitalism.

And now you work with hordes of thots and risk catching a case with one wrong look. It’s gotten worse.

this is true, the worst thing to deal with at a job is boredom. its completely soul crushing

Two months into my last job we switched from cubicles to open plan offices, everyone hated it and shrunk into their screens while working. It increased stress across the office as no one had any privacy.

Anybody stupid enough to work an office job deserves all the repetitive stress injuries and testosterone down-regulation.

I know this might be difficult to grasp as a NEET that spends all day shitposting, but a dead-end desk job can wear down on you no matter how "cushy" it is. Meaningless work and being micromanaged would be intolerable if you ever knew what "pride" was. Now go, I think your hot pockets are done.

wimpy girlish arms typed this

Why do Japanese people complain about drinking with their boss and having their boss pay for drinks

Attached: 1651116522400.jpg (1846x759, 316.84K)

Yes. Work is soul crushing. Being a cog is one of the worst feelings for most. Day in and day out doing the same thing for 8+ hours a week, pretending to do work because you have nothing to do. It’s fine at first, but but it eats away at you slowly. You make enough to live comfortably but not too comfortably. Can’t get rid of that fear of you losing your job. They want you to need it. Even if you have nothing to do you can’t just do nothing. So you just type random things or move paper back and forth. Then it becomes everything. You’re not thinking about something you’d like to do. You’re thinking and counting the hours until you have to go back to work. It’s hell for mid to lower employees.

Hit a little too close to home with my remarks, did I? If you were in the workforce you would have empathy for blue or white-collar jobs. But you don't, because you weren't. Put those computer skills to use and type apply to one of those "cushy" jobs if you're so perceptive.

>Hit a little too close to home with my remarks, did I?
No it was just an observation about your countenance.

This is only something people who've never worked hard would say
If you'd prefer throwing your back out digging ditches over being bored at work occasionally, let me know. I'm sure there's a poor minority who'd love to swap place with you somewhere

Attached: you.png (476x606, 417.68K)

Hey Peter put it on Channel 9, man!

You have no clue how soulless programming jobs can get
t. about to quit

>ah come on, I dont want to see that

You'll wash dishes for 1 day before you go crawling back.

>if you leave a programming job the only alternative is working back of house in a shitty restaurant
lmao fuck this anons NOT living large at all

I just open a word doc or spread sheet and start writing or design projects.

Almost all bosses are insufferable faggots, the Japanese ones have high alcohol tolerance and want you drunk to open up to get into your head.

Not true. I'll work from home doing comfier shit and working on my comic :D

Boomer here. Personally, I loved the 9-5 at the computer doing essentially repetitive tasks. But a lot of people hated it, but had nothing really worse to compare it to. Those who are working now would have fucking LOVED doing what we use to do.

>working on my comic :D
what's it about user?

>WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO INTERACT WITH OTHER PEOPLE AND OCCASIONALLY FILL OUT PAPERWORK, THIS IS WAY WORSE THAN WORKING 3 JOBS WITH NO BENEFITS AND BARELY MAKING RENT EACH MONTH

Attached: os.jpg (780x439, 34.62K)

This. I worked 5 years at plant in the Nevada desert with shitty hours in sometimes brutal physical conditions. I saved up enough to move and buy a house in a nicer area and got a better job. 12 hour night shifts here can be very long and boring. But I try not to roll my eyes when my coworkers bitch about it or complain about something being fucked up. I’m like you don’t even know what fucked up is.

The fuck are you saying. I’m saying a headphone solves the issue of a loud office.

Secondly if you’re good at your job you would have automated or reduce the reduncies of it.

I fuck around at my job more than I actually work. I fucking love it.

going through hardship isn't a badge of seniority user, and ignoring problems just because you've dealt with worse is literal bugman behavior.

Not the guy you're replying to, but I did a lot of manual labor when I was younger. I have a soul-crushing job working from home and the boredom and monotony fucking suck. I have to constantly remind myself that it's better than doing soul-crushing, monotonous physical labor. The movie was good, but the message was all wrong. It is nice to have actually accomplished something real, but the level of discourse with your co-workers is abysmal, it's still soul-crushing, and it's still monotonous. I think boredom naturally makes people idealize work they aren't doing anymore or haven't done before.

I remind myself every day I work: every job I'm qualified for is going to be monotonous, working from home is great in terms of time and money saved, stability gives me freedom, and most of the jobs I'm qualified for I would end up hating in a matter of days or weeks. Office jobs mostly suck, but manual labor is far worse. I read once there was an alternate ending to the movie where the foreman at the construction site yells at Peter and he comes to the realization that it's the same shit, just with a little "exercise" added on.

Peter was literally in a manager position though.

No those types of jobs you have to dress a certain way and can't have on innocuous shit like hats or head phones, you can't have phones out, you can't chew gum, etc.

>muh headcanon

I replied to your headphone comment by accident. I meant to reply to the goof complaining about his deskjob. Ignore that sorry

What I wear a pair of headphones at work when I come in. No one cares.

He got promoted to manager near the end by The Bobs. For most of the movie, he was a drone.

The trick is being smart enough to fill your time. Security guards can do it, I'm sure the whiney deskslaves can think of something and not go full Peter

*presses power button to monitor*
*computer start up noises*
When will boomers

Sure, its just a coincidence that nobody in the offices ever have hats or headphones just suits and ties.

how the fuck could you be bored with a computer in front of you? This retard couldn't type in Yea Forums.org?

yeah, a cohencidence, but who do you thinks behind it user?

Everyone everywhere is allowed to have 1 earpiece in.
Execs have walked around with bluetooth phone pieces in their ears for decades

>steal some code and pretend you're busy
booooooo
>carry bags of cement up the stairs for 8 hours
yaaaaasss

>I read once there was an alternate ending to the movie where the foreman at the construction site yells at Peter and he comes to the realization that it's the same shit, just with a little "exercise" added on.
I have to find that, sounds like something they should have left in imo

Bro it even easier with a phone.

cont'd...
Found it. alternate ending on the construction site:
youtube.com/watch?v=XK43Ureuiqc

Agreed. Jobs requiring physical labor are for losers.

Attached: scum.jpg (1024x683, 105.86K)

Filling your time is a bandage. Realizing that it's all the same shit, unless you're doing something at a very high level or unless you're doing something that you actually enjoy, is the solution. I am fortunate, in my opinion, to be a faceless office drone. I don't like it - I hate it actually - but I am not so foolish I would throw away decent paying work for a dream of something better that just doesn't exist. Perhaps if I develop a new skill, I could find something that I don't hate. But that's on me, and the solution definitely isn't to start doing construction work, like Peter did.

Better ending than the original

I know you're shitposting because you never worked 1 job, let alone 3. So your greentext is just a pointless strawman.

I have an engaging work from home job. There is a lot to do- maybe too much. If I don't want to work 8 hours I just get away from the computer.

god why are you being such a tragic faggot about it all you retarded drama queen

2/10 wouldn't bang. He forgot to say 'mmmmmmmmk, thanks a bunch"

yeah? did your crystal ball clue you in on that one madame user?

Because he actually has an experience that he considers relatable and relevant to the conversation. If you ever did anything with your life, you'd understand.

Construction uses a lot of random people with skills, he could spend his time traveling between construction sites just being the guy that builds the shelves from scrap or some shit.

why are there so many bootlicking for the rich cucks?

desu as far as I understand it, even part time construction work pays damn good. Imo 3-4 days a weeks construction, then 2 doing some mundane shit would be a good balance. I'm a prep cook but I'd be totally open to construction stuff. The sites can be dangerous but I like open air stuff

You mean being entitled enough to whine about a First World problem? That's not a unique thing pal

holy projection lol

>the solution definitely isn't to start doing construction work, like Peter did.
It's supposed to be a weigh station job, something to do while he figures things out. He isn't literally taking on a dead end job because he likes trees and sun or something. You didn't understand the movie.

>It's supposed to be a weigh station job, something to do while he figures things out.
>muh head canon
sorry user

What?

your post was all headcanon, not what actually happens in the movie.

i work in an office and i'm content enough but it irks me that my job is pointless and unproductive.
i really like gardening and growing vegetables, i help out on an elderly relative's garden and i find it very fun and fulfulling, shame you need money for everything and you can't be self-sufficient just gardening in current year.
ideally i'd like to have some long distance work and the i think the time i save on commuting would be enough to tend a garden about a quarter of an acre in addition to my work. i'm saving money for a house now.

It's more that he's not doing his soulless desk job anymore, and working with his friend, rather than taking on another bad job. It was more to tie the film together at the end for one last gag like here . not a "solution" per se

Yea, but most people on each construction site aren't the random lowest paid guy picking up rubble and carrying sheetrock and plywood around, they have some specialty and come and go pretty quickly without terrible physically demanding work such as the electrician, hvac, painters, shelving guy, carpet guy, etc, not to even mention the random guys who just sit in nice air conditioned cabins of large machines with radios like excavators and cranes all day.

k

This.
>job is shit so you can’t care about it
>need the job so have to do just enough work to not get in trouble or fired

Working from home was great as I could slack off. When I had to go back to the office it was terrible

glad you could accept being corrected like a man user, good on you. I mean, after all, you were wrong and all.

“If you have time to lean, you have time to clean.”

another First World problems post, complaining about air conditioned desk jobs getting in the way of him being able to watch anime all day.

Cubicles seem pretty comfy

Attached: facebook.jpg (2048x1537, 1017.49K)

youre not doing a very good job, divide-and-conquerkun