Why does no one talk about this? Not even white basedboys on youtube make 1 hour essays about this

Why does no one talk about this? Not even white basedboys on youtube make 1 hour essays about this

Attached: The_Adventures_of_Pete_&_Pete_Title_card.jpg (320x234, 54.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YHhAncH1mZU
youtu.be/gAYt7dXewXk?t=17m23s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

and that's a good thing

we already talked about it

Sometimes I feel like it was an actual fever dream
Dubbed version in my country is literally IMPOSSIBLE to find, only like 10 episodes exist

I'm a 31 year old boomer. Me and my friends reminisced about it all the time. Whenever I hear those first 4 notes I get a shot of nostalgia sitting on my couch in the 90s as a retarded 5 year old in the hot summer sun

If you can grab the dvds the commentary from the creators is excellent. Anglo kids show made by Anglos made for Anglos.

that's that show i always skipped so i don't really remember

could've sworn there's a scene with a paper airplane but how nondescript is that

It's p great yeah

I didn't like it that much at the time. I think because I was too young and a lot of the humor went over my head. I was like 5-6 when it was airing a lot on Nick

Attached: NostalgiaTV Rankings.gif (1979x2749, 1.79M)

I wanted the orange lazarus
Also, it was filmed in NJ and, yes, the suburbs were exactly like that in the 90s.

This show is super icky my uncle showed it to me and there's not a single black person or trans Latino to Latinx in it. Plus the strongest man in the world says the n-word in the first episode. Adventures of Chud and Xhud.

i had the soundtrack casette from some cereal box mail in and i do not regret anything.

I would have failed the marshmallow test, brother. I never mailed in anything and always wanted the cereal with toys inside.

One of the top series of all time.Soundtrack is impeccable. Casting is superb. Off-beat coming-of-age stories that are still relevant and relatable. It captures boyhood and young-adulthood in a way that absolutely no other series can even encroach upon.

3rd season DVD leak when. We all know there's a fucking hole in the ground or a warehouse full of them somewhere.

because it's more of a gen x show than a millennial one. only early millennials (b. 1981-1986) are somewhat familiar with it

I was literally watching this today. One of the best shows of all time.

Attached: 1435615379586.gif (242x225, 2.81M)

It's TOO powerful!

Attached: 1620260441407.jpg (1248x933, 137.98K)

this? the album is peak jangle pop kino

Attached: pic for ants.jpg (220x221, 18.44K)

Same for me I was same age and tho I enjoyed the show I didn't really "get it" as a young kid.

I appreciated it more in college rewatch

Decades later and that theme song is still stuck in my head
youtube.com/watch?v=YHhAncH1mZU

Oh shit. I grew up in NJ when the show was out. Maybe that's why it seemed very comfy and familiar to me

For me, it was Sick Day

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 10.37K)

I used to blast this theme song when it would come on. It got me so hyped up.

This one is one of the first songs I learned on drums

>Doug
>Bad Tier

Attached: Danny Duberstein.png (584x350, 206.98K)

Attached: 1648090358224.gif (400x300, 1.21M)

i would put it on "mediocre tier".
enjoyable, but mostly background noise.

The demos CD that came with the vinyl release a year or so ago is fucking sick. I love this album so much. More than the show itself. It's 10/10 goatest of all time.

Miracle Legion and Mark Mulcahy's solo stuff is also worth a listen.

What was it that made it good bros?

It was too weird for the fake nostalgia-obsessed whores on reddit. It was also a very short lived show, was only available on cable (at a time before cable was ubiquitous), and if I recall correctly it never got any longterm re-runs so exposure to it was super limited.

Hopefully the søyś will leave it alone, along with Ernest.

I'm 30 and this show was never on Nickelodeon when I was a kid.

It has an inspired vision and treats its young audience with respect.

hard day's pete

that would include post-disney doug probably

Yellow Fever is peak P&P

youtu.be/gAYt7dXewXk?t=17m23s

endless mike is the single best villain name ever

Here's why pete and pete's bloodline were weak and they will be forgotten to history:

They are ginger fucks, back in the 90's and even now, nobody liked gingers, "slapping them like a red headed step child" was a saying back then

In short:
FRICK GINGERS

I'm 31, remember it from when I was like 4 or 5 being on when we'd visit somewhere and they'd sit me down in front of Nickelodeon. Remember a scene of young Pete going down a hill on his bike and like a spinning gust behind him and that being really fascinating. Then when I was 14 I remember a friend's sister's boyfriend was watching it and they were all punk types and he told me Iggy Pop was the neighbor girl's dad and there were cameos by old pro skaters in the show, so that made it seem even cooler to me, ended up by the DVDs at Hot Topic and rewatching season 2 I think, so it's closed with nostalgia from two eras. And looking back you can definitely pick up on the indie/post-punk vibes, the flannel, the music, the theme of outgrowing your hometown but still loving it. It's a really special show

couldve been a papercut scene, he was one of the silly enemy kids who folded stuff out of paper

Some kids' shows are just extra special and are head and shoulders above the rest, this was one of them. It's like Round the Twist which coincidentally also had a link theme tune.

>Totally Spies in bad tier
>Lloyd in Space in shit tier
has to be bait, but fuck if it didn't get me

not him but both are objectively garbage

the bit where he stuffed a kid in a hand cooling unit gave me nightmares

all i remember is that dude in spandex jumping around for 5 minutes randomly in episodes and the kid staring at his tattoo constantly
no idea why you people have nostalgia for this shit
maybe i was just too old for it

sounds like too young desu

He was in Fringe.

The retard in spandex was a blemish on the show desu, when you're watching a cool show, you dont want to feel uncool looking at a fag in underwear act retarded

That was Artie. He went on to do a ton of shit - I think a lot of voice acting if I remember right.

Yea Forums comfy pete stream when?

Pete’s lie that a urinal is for washing feet has never left me

Your couch was outside?

I wish I was more into this show when I was younger, but I tended to avoid live action kid's shows.

Bunch of manchild shit. go back to the brony board or something you pathetic example of a man

You're not a boomer, fucking idiot.

>DigiMon higher than Pokémon
Top bait.

Nigolodean fuckers still holding out on a bunch of episodes for DVD release. It shows what was possible with creative freedom from suits' design by committee. Oddball Twin Peaks vibe, with conscious nostalgia of Boomer types' childhood conditions in a good way.

This. Peak western culture era in a TV format.

>Be Me
>10, pop on the tv after school, ready to catch up on some peter and peter and salute your shorts
>knock on the door
>friend wants me to come out and play
every GOD DAMNED TIME

Catching some nickolodeon kino was hard as a kid.

Attached: EvergreenHarshIceblueredtopzebra-size_restricted[1].gif (460x259, 3.83M)

>That episode where Artie lost to a fucking bowling ball
Foolish man.

>Ninja Turtles, Thundercats and G1 Transformers "average tier"
Fuck off retard

I watched some episodes on Youtube the other day. Ever noticed how there are a LOT of boom mikes visible? It's weird, I usually don't notice that kinda stuff, but it happened quite a bit in Pete & Pete

To be fair, it was a very special bowling ball

was it some widescreen remaster?