I'm starting to realize someone had an [older male] fetish making this show...

I'm starting to realize someone had an [older male] fetish making this show. Actually it's more obvious than feet with tarantino.

Attached: 1651710005990.jpg (304x233, 20.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JS2N4VWIbCI
youtu.be/YRopGRXz0hQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4_TNpsX-8-8
janineturner.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>[older male] fetish
i think most late 80's early 90's tv show had a lot of strong elephant type father figures.

no i mean like senior citizen. not only is one of the main characters established to be having sex with a girl nearly a third his age, the main character's fiance dumps him for a retired professor.

I remember watching a random episode and being shocked over how that cute girl was dating some old fuck as old as her dad and carrying his baby.

Happens in one of the seasons of 'Yellowstone' too though that one ends differently.

Attached: Hassie.jpg (620x959, 79.22K)

>>I'm sorry your grandpa didn't take you fly fishing

just enjoy the comfy wholesome show

I never watched it but whenever reruns came on I watched the intro.

kek

if that's all you can handle, good for you

I was in elementary school. I liked the moose wandering around.

I absolutely hated the fat eskimo woman who always had something cutting to say in that mush-mouthed accent all injuns have, yet never did her fucking job.

We were supposed to respect her. She was supposed to be the moral center of the show. But she was hateful and after so many decades I'm done pretending. So are you. We all hate her. Cast off your chains and admit you want to punch her slanty mongoloid eye slits with a pair of brass knuckles.

Attached: Doughface.jpg (720x540, 43.4K)

Hate fuck her at least once

that's just rape, call your disgusting kink what it is

She's into it that's why she mouths off so much

The main character's fiancee dumps him so he can be free for the show's designated love interest, dumbass.
What's the other move, he stays engaged for the whole show?

The old man character came from a family of French nobles who all lived to be 120. He's like an elf man.

I saw this shit live fat kids

it was a hysterical pregnancy

yeah but why add the detail that he's way older than her?

I love this show and I don’t even feel bad about. Its very comfy. The writing and characters are pretty good and they all have a fair amount of backstory and character growth.

Well I guess because you can draw a contrast between this gum-snapping 80s rocker chick and this other guy who has already lived one full lifetime and has fought in wars and shit

But don't take my word for it, I'm sure the alternate ideas of having the guy who is expected to live to 120 be (1) banging some lady his own age, awesome, or (2) being in the first 20 years of his unique, interesting lifespan would be irrelevant you got a real fucking problem with this sort of thing

Attached: Barry_maurice1.jpg (703x900, 172.59K)

To make sure you know that Alaskan town is le quirky.

Was he correct?
youtube.com/watch?v=JS2N4VWIbCI

The allegations are true. I am the Cliffhanger/Maggie spammer. I'm turning myself in.

Attached: 1463283452931.jpg (720x540, 117.37K)

nope, this was back in new york.

This show was good. It was way more thoughtful than almost anything else on at the time. Sometimes it suffered from bad writing in the form of piling quirks on a character and hoping it works.
But 75% of the time it was relatable even though it was basically a fairy tale.
Also the lead actor decided he was worth a shitzillion dollars and derailed the shit
Then there was a big lawsuit and it was found that the network had stolen the idea from a different writer and brought it to the producers for development.

Attached: Chris-Stevens-Quote-northern-exposure-40757621-736-552.jpg (736x552, 81.95K)

no you fucker, i'm talking about joel's fiancee

One thing about this show, it really shows you how different shows were back then as opposed to now being more "bingeable"
This show was made for the once-a-week format. Because not long into the show, every episode became about x character visiting Cicily. It got old quick. Not a writer obviously, but it couldn't have been that hard to do more with the town itself.
Also, torrenting the show because I missed out on its original airing, and I feel mad nostalgia for TV of this era. Hard to tell which torrent has the original music or the butchered shit.

So this chick went on to create exercise videos where you do yoga while contemplating and talking about bible verses. I'm not kidding.
I think I saw a video where her 'foundation' would come to your school or work and deliver messages about the US Constitution and/or Jesus

>tfw no Bible thumping tomboy gf

Attached: 1613874416322.jpg (395x600, 22.9K)

I also don't hate the last season as much as most people. I mean, it wasn't as good, but

Attached: 1754edaae98fcb57fa42745a727808f8.jpg (400x500, 42.52K)

Does anyone else watch this show via torrent or other means, and when the scene fades to commercial, they pause it, play this, and then unpause?

youtu.be/YRopGRXz0hQ

That summertime era when you were a kid and you know you should be outside, but you're hanging on to whatever is on TV even though its just enough to keep you from going outside. Its a strange, comforting kind of nostalgia.

Sounds based especially compared to what most women in Hollywood get up to.

Is that really a older male fetish, or just a younger female fetish.

Hate how he pronounces 'daybreaks'.

Maggie a cute.
CUTE!

everybody likes girls in their early 20's, especially ones that look like shelly.

comfy show

We find you guilty. Guilty of being based.

Attached: 1613874538077.jpg (236x319, 13.08K)

i bought the complete series of DVDs for this at a goodwill last summer and keep meaning to watch it it looks comfy but i can never find the time to start a whole notha show with all the other shit i still gotta watch and now better call saul is back which im already behind on watching the 4 new eps on my DVR! AHHH when will i ever find the time?!?

>Cliffhanger
She got killed in that movie it was so weird
Stallone couldn't catch her and she fell off a cliff or something
why would you snuff the chick in your adventure movie????

Cliffchads rise up

Attached: Screenshot_20220504-210801_Gallery.jpg (1600x720, 492.59K)

It was Michael Rooker's gf that got splatted senpai
Janine Turner was the tomboy helicopter pilot (I'm sensing a pattern here)

my research suggests she does not look as good with long hair, even though I almost always prefer it.

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 5.26K)

Howdy cowpokes!

Attached: Janine_Turner_At_Her_Ranch_(cropped).jpg (203x333, 16.64K)

Counterpoint

Attached: 740full-janine-turner.jpg (740x740, 77.16K)

She could actually act, too. Her normal shrill fierce cadence was OK, but every once in a while on the show she got emotional and it worked, too. Some good range.

She had a kid with Jerry Jones son. Cowboy money will buy you a tomboy gf and her wacky retirement projects.

It’s a Jewish fetish, like damaged tattooed on your forehead.

tits?

Is this show comfykino? I remember my mom watched it a lot when I was a kid but it seemed so boring. Is it worth giving a shot?

I used to fall asleep hearing the intro in the background with my mother awake, this and ER.

me and my mom used to watch this show all the time, it's peak comfy.

Like most tv dramas of the era, the pace is typically slow. If you can tolerate Netflix's dragging out a single show's worth of material into four or five episodes, you'll find Northern Exposure's pace to be peppy.

Wonder why Rob Morrow didn’t have a bigger career after this ended

youtube.com/watch?v=4_TNpsX-8-8
His career highlight was this obscure skit he did when he hosted SNL that I’m pretty sure I’m the only one who remembers I still randomly think of him yelling out CLAM CHOWDA!! from this skit to this day

He quit after demanding all the money and only getting most of it. You want to hire a guy like that?
He came back for some detective show for moms like 20 years later

I liked 'Numb3rs' even if it was super Jewey.

Attached: numb3rs.jpg (3840x2160, 347.8K)

janineturner.com/

Attached: janine turner.jpg (568x800, 141.37K)

>still a hot MILF and loves Trump
I’m crushing even more now

This underrated kino she made with The Weasle should be more well know

Attached: D47D9524-A96B-45A7-8204-8558C0C7C3AB.jpg (960x1440, 294.51K)

feel like maggie eats ass even if janine never would.

>joel talking to his childhood self about needing to find a gf.
HURTS.

Attached: 1651723359038.jpg (750x898, 138.22K)

>hardly ever talks
>still the town gossip
fuck that bitch.