To celebrate May the 4th...

To celebrate May the 4th, what do you think is the moment in Disney's Star Wars that did the most damage to the franchise?

Attached: 1634335813176.png (800x377, 64.63K)

Obi wans wife becoming a tranny wasn't too good

Its inception

JJ Abrams as director, Kathleen Kennedy tossing Lucas' original plan. Basically at the start.

The exact moment for me was when Disney killed the EU. I've got like 30 books and most of it was great.

I was convinced everything was a steaming dumpster fire after watching TFA. I still don't understand how people who consider themselves fans enjoyed TFA.
At the end I was just disappointed and annoyed, it was all forgettable garbage with a superficial veneer of Star Wars.

Ironically ST was the one that made me hooked to EU stuffs. They may not be perfect but they were comfy enough

I like the characters but they're stuck in 3 terrible flicks. I even like Rian Johnson's other movies. It's better to just play Battlefront 2 or Lego Star Wars and forget about the movies.

Luke in tlj was obviously it.

>The exact moment for me was when Disney killed the EU

This. They had a curated set of stories that worked.
Had they trimmed, filled holes and adapt the best stories into film they woukd have made a shit-ton of money. Instead they decided not to pay the well deserved IP to the authors and killed the golden egg goose

Attached: 1651299920120.png (640x480, 201.77K)

>MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU

Attached: 1632750635638.png (600x893, 242.34K)

I'll celebrate by NOT talking about it.

Turning down George's offer to write an overarching plot for the sequels.

people still care about this shit?

Walt would roll in his grave to see how blindly Jewish his company has become.

When they made it a two part trilogy even though it was obvious TFA was going to do well no matter what

*sigh*

The exact point I've realized it was irredeemable garbage was the prank call at the beginning of the Last Jedi.

Force Awakens.

Wat

Everything after the part with Kylo Ren and the old Jedi at the beginning of TFA.

Attached: 1643147438700.jpg (1061x456, 161.16K)

>backpedals all of your buildup and progress so they can remake the original movie and sell it to China
Nothing personnelle, kid.

>The exact moment for me was when Disney killed the EU
I didn't even mind that at the time. I figured that it wouldn't really change anything, the EU would just be the lowest tier of canon, and Disney would paint over it as they saw fit. I was naive to think that what they replaced it with would be worth it.

It's better this way, though. At one point, I lamented that the biggest loss would be that writers wouldn't be allowed to make new stories set in the EU setting (like with a Legends label or something), but I don't want that anymore either. It's safe this way.

After 4 came out there was no saving the franchise.

Attached: 1a2a328ed2993130087fe27d6cc83bd0_d8a8c08c0c2c73502221efd65cfebc81.jpg (857x1200, 203.08K)

Yeah. EU is better off dead

Let's talk about the damage that led us into the Disneyfication of Star Wars.

Attached: TCW.jpg (800x450, 82.03K)

Blame George

When they bought it.

>dude fuck the tradition of releasing star wars at may, just release it for christmas lmao

So who talks first?

Filoni's track record hasn't been stellar either. I blame both.

Still you can't blame TCW for disneyfication. It is true Disney is milking it to death, but TCW itself is a fine show

Yes I can and no it wasn't.

It ravaging old CW and EU continuity is sad but when you compare it to post Disney product it still has the soul of PT (both good, and bad way)

Agreed. Does some of the same shit that Disney did but gets a pass because of zoomer nostalgia and Lucas' seal of approval (which, let's be honest, doesn't mean shit for quality).

something about that picture of Kathleen Kennedy with the Force is Female shirts really pissed me off

>This shit doesn't stink as bad as this shit, therefore it's good, don't you agree?
I get that you probably like the show, but both it stealing from and replacing what came before it at the same time made people justifiably upset and was very much the same context as Disney wiping the EU just to have something inferior take its place, albeit on a larger scale.

I know EU's CWMMP was superior and I loved Republic comics but still TCW itself was a comfy show. Besides Disney would've made their own shitty CW contents if it wasn't for Lucas/Filoni anyway

Kill Han Solo

Some of Clone Wars is dogshit, but throwing it all away is truly retarded. The original trilogy has always been for families, as much for kids as for adults. Obviously when Lucasfilm made a Star Wars cartoon, it's going to be easy on appeals to the adult fanbase (It probably wouldn't have been very complex at all had the prequels not abandoned the adult audience at Episode II)

George selling the rights to Disney single handedly ruined the entire franchise. George may have loathed to make the last three but at least it felt like some sort of passion went into it. There was something tangible to laugh and run with. Disney Wars just feels hollow, AI generated from a 1999 SW fansite. Nothing about it feels real or tangible. They weren't movies that were products anymore, they were just products. Say what I will about George's jewish tendencies but the man felt like he gave some sort of a shit.

Most of it ranges from dogshit to mediocre. It has very few actually good moments and throwing those away with the trash isn't a huge loss.

TFA opening crawl

It was Disney's conceit to disrespect what Star Wars had done after the 80's that made them poison themselves. The prequels are not good movies, for every amazing EU entry there's at least 3 dogshit ones, the cartoon wasn't enough of a barometer for Lucasfilm's integrity, and George's sequel scripts were probably unreadable. I could easily envisioning myself as a boomer executive at Disney, whose best memory of Star Wars was getting your dick sucked in the theater back in college, thinking Star Wars is a dumb block buster with imaginative set design and intense action, and thinking George's retarded artsy horseshit was going to kill any momentum a change in power might have. I don't know if I'd have the wisdom to understand why this was a horrible choice, if I were them, but the results are clear as day: Disrespecting the heritage of the franchise (unless it's the first three, those are as holy as Gospel) is central to how all 5 movies and both television series have been so mixed.

Bad post

this

The great stuff comes in the later seasons. There are a dozen arcs that are superior to every entry after the OT

meds

Attached: schizo.jpg (407x612, 33.92K)

and the worst thing is that they repeated all stupid shit form EU and abandoned all good ideas

Buying it.

Attached: ap-disney-lucasfilm-16_9.jpg (3200x1808, 375.25K)

"I sold my black baby to white slavers"

-George Lucas

Why does George look so unhappy?

because he knew that they will rape Star Wars

I quite like the series still. But then that's probably because I'm not a paid Russian troll.

Disney have brought the series up to date with things like the cool space Vespa things in Bobba Fett which ensure the franchise will appeal to today's youth as well as the 60 year olds that grew up with the original trilogy and the 40 year olds that grew up with the prequels.

Disney have also been elemental in adding some much needed humour to the series too, like for example Pheobie Walla-Bridge's wise-cracking feminist robot in Han Solo or that funny bit with Luke breast feeding from the big titty milk aliens. It's a definite improvement.

Attached: luke milk.jpg (292x173, 11.47K)

Because he's selling his soul.

Yes this. Completely ruined the stakes of the evacuation. I wanted to see the “””rebel””” fleet blown to shit. I hated TFA but wanted to give it one more shot

this
It signaled Lucas' work and canon was being cast aside, and that any future sequel films would have nothing to do with his intentions. The first offering in the novel arena didn't pass the lowest bar of dogshit writing in the EU, picrel. The safest options they had centered around the Thrawn material as set ups for Palps clones coming back from Wild Space special weapons projects and contingency plans, with Baby Yeed & Rogue One type things in the build up for a Shadows of the Empire multimedia campaign, like Lucas did for the Prequels . . . the merch sales figures tell the tale.

They underperformed radically because of it, but they still can say they made a couple billion off it anyway, unfortunately.

Second thoughts.

>or that funny bit with Luke breast feeding from the big titty milk aliens. It's a definite improvement.
Having your galaxy redeemer figure of legen drink sea baphomet cum the same colour of his lightsaber was absolutely not some sort of crude visual Freudian prank at all.

Attached: formerlychucks.jpg (474x720, 53.43K)

That Kennedy cunt

this

Unironically George Lucas is an extremely based person who was absolutely correct.

Absolutely this. Around 2008 when The Clone Wars movie and the beginning of the tv show started was pretty much when the franchise really began going downhill.
Retconning out the ass and telling everyone this is now canon, terrible OC fanfic waifu instead of the Anakin and Obi-Wan brothers relationship we had in Genndy Wars, cucking Grevious even more than episode III, like holy fuck it was shocking how awful it was after the kino shit we got in 2005. The worst part about this is now Disney officially calls this shit canon and cucked the EU into "Legends", so now anything they make, movie or show, has to adhere to the trash that is TCW.

My god, just bury Star Wars already.

Attached: FHpbViMEhuvy_JrmYAzJ9_sOcEyrANG05qs5KecPAkw.png (640x360, 244.93K)

I knew Star Wars was dead and vowed to never watch or support this faggot shit show again when the first image of the first trailer of the first debut of the sequel trilogy in any official form whatsoever that they chose for us to witness was... the most Gorilla faced nigger stormtrooper imaginable looking around all crazed and covered in ape sweat. Delivered like a fucking jump scare.

"LOOK! A SWEATY ANGRY CRAZED NIGGER! THIS IS STAR WARS™!"

Attached: 1625484983487.jpg (1926x1170, 231.94K)

Didn't Lucas have other options?