Unpopular Opinions Thread?

Here's a few to get started
>Wachowski's have no good movies besides Speed Racer
>The Prestige is a secret gay movie a la The Social Network, and it's also nolan's best movie
>Army of Darkness is the best of the Evil Dead trilogy
>Short Cuts is the only Altman movie that doesn't bore me to fucking tears

Attached: 42118b8ca9d162e2a87a00e8508ab50f--hungry-humor-gary-larson.jpg (474x625, 65.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hGltKJdG1s0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Wachowski's have no good movies besides Speed Racer
Correct
>The Prestige is a secret gay movie a la The Social Network, and it's also nolan's best movie
Correct
Correct
>Short Cuts is the only Altman movie that doesn't bore me to fucking tears
I'll take your word for it

>In Bruges wasn't a good movie
>Once upon a time in Hollywood was one of Tarantino's worst
>Stuff about Vikings is boring and gay

Kevin Smith makes good films

I don't get it, what's the joke in your pic supposed to be? That they're both ugly?

its what tools would look like if they where made by cows

why would they have one identical to a saw?

>In Bruges wasn't a good movie
semi-agree, its definitely grown off of me these past few years
>Once upon a time in Hollywood was one of Tarantino's worst
Agreed, saw that in the theatre opening night and hated it. Might rewatch soon tho since it's been a while
>Stuff about Vikings is boring and gay
so were the vikings?

being an autistic contrarian isnt a personality user

Movies really aren't that good, even the good ones.

I believe so, I just like it cuz it's a joke but it's also a little sweet

Thats just a fact.

>The Star Wars Patrician order is 4>6>5>1>2>3

This is Yea Forums. Being contrarian for the sole purpose of dissuading people from being sincere is what most posters do now

Speed Racer sucks

Only God Forgives is trash
Movies are trash
I watch them because I'm too lazy to read books despite books probably being the superior art form

what does "secret gay movie" mean

>>Army of Darkness is the best of the Evil Dead trilogy
this is the most normie opinion of all time, it doesn't belong in this thread. also it is the best.

Former Yea Forums user here
No, 90% of books are fucking trash and another 9% are mediocre
With movies it's geniunely easier to find the quality stuff and you don't spend nearly as much time on it as reading

it means OP is gay and sees gay in everything because it's his entire personality

You suck.

That sounds probable.. You wanna chirp up, OP? We're basically calling you a fag over here.

Agreed, except that 4=6

>cabin boy is excellent and I wish we got more movies like it

Batfleck was good goddamnit

Blood meridian could genuinely work as an animated series, but only if the creators had absolute artistic control and if they made a fairly commercial unviable show at the end of it. Even the coens couldn't condense the book down to a single movie and the violence in live action would be comically overboard. It's impossible for any living/dead actor to do justice to judge holden either, even the constantly memed ones like vince whatisname or marlon brando.

Worst take in thread after The Prestige being a gay movie

based fancy lad

Attached: buy this monkey.jpg (320x180, 11.11K)

/: i don't have firm or complex philosophical opinions or opinions on cultural concepts to discuss with arthoes so i feel like I'm missing out on reading at least 20 books to have the basis to talk all fag-like. I fell for the Greeks meme but reading meditations it kinda made me feel better that I'm forming my own philosophy in life but it all seems like one big cope. I don't know why i can't bring myself to reading, i hate it.

Agreed. 2nd best after Keaton.

Audiobooks will probably help
Even if 99% are trash there are good books out there user
It's important to read stuff you enjoy and not what people tell you that you have to read

Rooney is better.

Cow Tools

Sex scenes add nothing to movies, but modern movies also need more T&A

God I love this movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=hGltKJdG1s0

I did not care for the godfather

Attached: 1651381895701.jpg (1280x720, 43.19K)

>>Short Cuts is the only Altman movie that doesn't bore me to fucking tears
The Player is kino

2007 Beowulf actually had a good plot/script outside of a couple of lines and definitely knew how to make itself theatrical and evoked the ideas of a Hero well, and is only considered a bad due to the animation. It would be rated as good as any marvel movie these days if it had modern cgi/mocap

No, I don't think so. BM only works as text. It IS text. Dry, laconic, verbal energy.

Based helpful non-judgmental replies user. Wishing you good times ahead.

I don't like any Tarantino movie. His dialog is cringe, he is incapable of creating a likeable character, and his ultra violent aesthetic is edgelord level shit.

South Park has never been funny.

The "practical effects vs CGI" debate is stupid, both have their strengths and weaknesses and the ideal would be to make use of both when appropriate, but retards think they need to choose a side.

Speaking of CGI, if you're going to "film" entire scenes where everything from the actors to the backgrounds are cgi (like recent capeshit) why even use real actors at all? Just make the entire movie 3D animation, it looks jarring and stupid to switch between the two. I'm sure this isn't really an unpopular opinion here, just throwing it in.

Midvale Cow Tools for the Gifted

>2007
>Everone complains about how Beowulf looks and that full-cgi movies look like ass
>2009
>Everyone loves avatar and highly compliment how it looks.

Beowulf just needed 2 years and a bit more budget.
I'm pretty sure the Avatar studio learned a lot from the production of Beowulf. What works, what didn't, etc.

I wasn't sure of the development timeline but you're right, they certainly learned from Beowulf
>What this means for the future of filmmaking is clear for a handful of digerati involved in the technology. “My belief is that it will create another art form,” visual effects supervisor/second unit director Rob Legato says. He ought to know: He’s working with director James Cameron on two films that make extensive use of performance capture — Fox’s planned 2009 releases “Avatar” and “Battle Angel” — as virtual cinematography system creator and visual effects pipeline engineer. “Performance capture won’t replace anything,” he adds. “Just like there’s 2-D and 3-D animation, there will be another version that will be performance capture-based, which shows something more akin to how live people move in a computerized world.”

Stuff about Vikings is cheaper to produce than most any other periods besides maybe cave men. Aka it attracts cheap productions. Sometimes you get something nice like that randomly kino Channing Tatum Movie centurion or 13th warrior.

Superman 3 is the best Superman movie

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 80.14K)

these dudes ignore their hot girlfriends and wives so much to the point where they keep dying or killing themselves just so they can out-magic each other
plus there's a bowie cameo dude come on

fair point honestly I just figured the consensus was Evil Dead 2.
some more hot (but still kinda lukewarm i'm not entirely sure) takes
>there is one fully good Michael Mann movie and one good Tom Cruise movie and they're both Collateral
>every Wes Anderson movie following The Darjeeling Limited (excluding Isle of Dogs) beats all of his prior works, I legitimately do not understand how people call them lifeless when they're his only movies that seem to have an actual message besides 'le grief' or some dumb shit
>Being There fucking sucks that shit was so boring oh my god

correct on all accounts
wrong on all accounts

the only Marvel movie that goes beneath 6/10 is The Incredible Hulk
the only Marvel movie that goes above a 7/10 is Thor: Ragnarok
none of the Harry Potter movies are remotely good, even Cuaron's one
Most foreign arthouse films are not actually good, they're just in a foreign language and so pretentious American hipsters glom onto them
Ghostbusters 2 is far from perfect, but also quite a lot better than most people think
The best film ever made is Babe, completely unironically, it is an utterly flawless film from every perspective.
On that note, the best and most timeless films are almost all children's movies, which are also possibly the hardest genre of film to make perfectly.
Blade Runner 2049 is better than the original and honestly it's not even close.

Attached: babe.jpg (2048x1501, 1.16M)

>the best and most timeless films are almost all children's movies, which are also possibly the hardest genre of film to make perfectly
unbelievably based take
although I fundamentally disagree with your take on foreign arthouse, I will say that I really wish we had more variety when it comes to foreign films that make it big in the west. There's gotta be someone in Pakistan or Nigeria or something making crazy hillarious RomComs or Sci-Fi and not just dour mediations on life or critiques of capitalism (not that those necessarily suck). Probably just me not looking hard enough tho lol

Nah man of steel wins cause soundtrack

>

Attached: 1645344792838.jpg (261x194, 10.75K)

Dune is Lynch's masterpiece. Showgirls is Verhoeven's masterpiece. Terminator 2 & Aliens are bad movies but with pioneering fx. Wrath of Khan is a dumb b movie. Jewish actresses are not hot and look mostly just weird

Short Cuts is decent but does it have to be 3 hours long and have SO many characters? Parts of it are good but there some characters and narratives that are boring af

There is no good capeshit, not even Nolan. Not even the original Superman.

Tom Cruise is probably the best technical "mainstream" Hollywood actor of the past 30 years, easily.

Coppola isn't the best New Hollywood director.

Star Trek is shit.

The UK has the worst national cinema in Europe, there's like 10 good films post 1960 out of the whole country.

Brazilian cinema is HIGHLY underrated and is on par with French New Wave.

What killed Hollywood wasn't necessarily capeshit but comedy movies. The string of 2000s romcoms and retarded Will Ferrell comedies was the beginning of the end. Cinema in Hollywood was totally dead by the first Iron Man.

Sci-Fi is the worst "big" genre, second only to horror.

Secret Honor is the best Altman film. Watch it with a lot of Chivas Regal.
>South Park has never been funny
correct.
>Showgirls is Verhoeven's masterpiece.
sizzling take. I've stayed away from it because it's long as fuck. It does have McLaughlin though, it's been on my watchlist.
>Jewish actresses are not hot and look mostly just weird
Sarah Silverman is objectively sexy

it means user got aroused at the male form while watching the movie and is now very, very confused

Carpenter is actually a bit of a shit director.

>Scorcese's only good movie is Shutter Island.
>The Godfather is boring.
>Taxi Driver is boring.
>Anything about war is boring.
>Westerns are kino.
>Wes Anderson's movies are boring because he just does the same thing every single time and expects it to stick, guess what Wes, it fucking doesn't try something new.

The Player is way more comfy than Short Cuts.

>Wrong
>Debatable
>Correct
>Haven't seen enough to comment on this
>Wrong
>There's a reason why no one talks about Brazilian cinema
>Good point, never thought about this before
>Horror is kino, I used to like sci-fi but now I just can't get behind it, it isn't shit though

A New Hope is way better then Empire Strikes Back
>Nobody in hollywood can write comedy or action movies anymore, there is a lack of talented writers
There has not been any new superstars in hollywood for a long time

how does that apply to the social network

The problem isn't the writers, the problem is only very very very safe scripts are being made (see: capeshit, sequels to established properties, and woman-friendly diversity Oscarbaits and direct-to-Netflix true crimes Lifetime-lites).

You’re all a bunch of queers.