So Yea Forums

why did this bomb?

Attached: helmut or whatever.jpg (1280x720, 142.83K)

because it was boring as shit

I didn't like the magic stuff, I'd rather have a historically accurate viking kino

And fuck the jannies!

Attached: 1627166652981.png (768x719, 456.43K)

Attached: faggot.jpg (1280x960, 271.02K)

Alexander Skarsgård is cursed with eternal boxoffice bombing

>The Northman and The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent were targeting the same demographic, which impacted their debuts. Men made up 68% of the audience during its opening, with those in the age range of 18–34 comprising 61% of ticket sales. The ethnic breakdown of the audience showed that 56% were Caucasian, 21% Hispanic and Latino Americans, 10% African American, and 13% Asian or other
>only 10% African American
You cannot make a successful movie today without worshiping niggers. Get ready for endless billion-breaking black panthers instead.

Because it sucked

Go based, go broke

They're only 13% of the population

People don’t want to see brutal movies about revenge and mysticism based on ancient stories. They want to see super heroes make jokes and banter.

I hate to say it, but it did suck

Vikings fatigue essentially. It's so done to death at this point and it's almost always the same story, especially a basic bitch "revenge muh father" story which doesn't generate any interest.

Because it's an average movie at best that had a shitty marketing campaign. Mostly poltards have been hyping up this movie here because of their obsession with politics

Trips of truth.
The movie was kino and the audience has been filtered. Eggers should have spent less money.

I watched it last night and it was pretty good, but it's not the sort of film most people are going to be interested in. Most normies just want dumb capeshit or horror films

it was yet another grimdark edgy viking flick pretending to be historically accurate

>1000 year old story has been done to death
Come on, even you should have noticed it is Hamlet

You didn’t watch it, did you?

I went to the cinema to watch it, mostly silence from the audience until the björnsson cameo where all the zoomers begun cheering like some capeshit marvel movie. almost ruined the nigyt for me, wont go to the kinoflex no more.

I didn’t think this movie would be so divisive on here.

Pretty interesting really, you fags did like Dune 2021 afterall

Because it was good
It's doing better than assumed because of word of mouth btw

>cast dafoe a hilarious minor character
>kill him off screen 30 minutes into the movie

>you fags did like Dune 2021 afterall
Dude that movie gets shit on relentlessly here it was more divisive than The Northman.

It is what happens to that character in Hamlet as well. Shame because I could watch defoe play the druid for hours

For one reason, mainly: it wasn't very good. I was all set to be blown away, and I got a B movie fancily dressed up. Lipstick on a pig, and all that. The Lighthouse didn't make a lot of money either, but unlike Northguy it was certified kino and that's what really mattered.

DUNE was ruined by zendya, felt really out of place from the rest of the cast. she's probably gonna burry the sequel
I hope it's true, saw some news article claiming it bombed hard. Mighr be cause of a politicaly motive

A lot of people suck it’s dick too. I guess making a movie that generates division in people isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

This had a bunch of shit I love to see in movies so it was right up my alley but I also get why people would hate it

Zendaya has truly awful screen presence, she is a charisma vacuum. But the whole movie was miscast and mischaracterised.

It’s actually the story hamlet was based on

>The Lighthouse didn't make a lot of money either, but unlike Northguy it was certified kino and that's what really mattered.
It is important though, cause if directors like eggers get the shaft you'd be stuck with a movie industry made up from 80% capeshit and 20% le quirky reddit A24 productions

>56% were Caucasian
heh

>DUNE was ruined by zendya, felt really out of place from the rest of the cast. she's probably gonna burry the sequel

Attached: 11628672.jpg (400x300, 95.49K)

>It is important though, cause if directors like eggers get the shaft you'd be stuck with a movie industry made up from 80% capeshit and 20% le quirky reddit A24 productions
That's on him for making a bad movie. I can't help him if I'm the only one buying a ticket.

Don't go woke - get broke

I know, but people are more familiar with Hamlet than the Norse saga. They all follow the same basic structure

>A lot of people suck it’s dick too
It's literally just zoomers that never saw a good movie before. All of the more intellectual discussion on here about dune is dogpiling on it for how soulless it was.

v*kings were subhumans, should've made kino about them being btfo by Alfred the Great

Vikings are constantly btfo in this movie

>I heart ugly mutts that can't act for shit and have 0 screen presence

Attached: trans2323424242423.png (645x770, 71.41K)

No? The centerpiece battle is berserks pillaging Slavs.

>I didn't like the magic stuff
it was all in his head

The film will still premiere in many countries yet.

Attached: O Homem do Norte 2022 - Release Info - IMDb.png (644x1977, 524.57K)

He didn't, obviously. Another day on tv/

Attached: 1584838886829.jpg (1402x1080, 162.34K)

Because no one watches historical movies anymore.

At least he was alive on screen, yorick from hamlet was never shown alive.

The line between real world and magic world was blurred, because that was how people in those days perceived the world.

Isn't every character a Viking other than Anya?

Because it was a good movie, if you haven’t realized, only poor movies make money as of late.

Because im not watching anything with that ugly alien cunt in it im tired of seeing her

>because it was boring as shit
>people didn't go see it because they somehow knew it was boring before they saw it
The real reason is because the theaters have been losing consumers permanently for over a decade, lost even more to covid, and now only top-tier named capeshit can get zoomies out in droves to buy tickets.

Attached: 4446676435.png (496x550, 186.55K)

>Vikings fatigue essentially. It's so done to death at this point and it's almost always the same story
Examples? There's not that much norse content in film.

Attached: 1629164832343.jpg (971x648, 131.24K)

>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT

Because aside from a few extra gory death scenes, There is nothing here that Conan the Barbarian didn't do better.... FORTY YEARS AGO

Attached: FuckTheNorthman.gif (500x229, 1003.65K)

Vikings
Last Kingdom
True Blood
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Skyrim
Thor
Thor The Dark Kingdom
Thor Ragnarok
How to Train Your Dragon
How to Train Your Dragon 2

the list goes on

>Vikings
>Last Kingdom
Television shows.
>True Blood
That's about vampires.
>Assassin's Creed Valhalla
>Skyrim
Video games. Not movies.
>Thor
>Thor The Dark Kingdom
>Thor Ragnarok
Only in the most shallow way.
>How to Train Your Dragon
>How to Train Your Dragon 2
Kids movies.
There's not much more than that. It's ten major products released over a 12 year period. The idea that it would fatigue people, who wouldn't even be exposed to all the different media forms, is silly. Barely any movies are making money at the theater.

*drowns*

Seems rather proportionate to the population ratios no?

Only in 6 more countries.
And it won't make big bucks in fucking Hungary, Cambodia, Singapore, and Taiwan. Kek.

shit color grading

I watched both of these back to back. Unbearable was fun, but The Northman was incredible.

Capeshit with a viking paintjob.